Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just finished watching the episode and fully agree that Dreamer somehow manages to come off as the biggest dumbshit rear end in a top hat and also lmao that he's apparently torpedoed his own career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

https://twitter.com/draconIANdays/status/1438910648667320325

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Two ponytails in a bag hanging on Scott D'Amore's door

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1438930750141779979?s=20

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnyBJJI2eqs

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I always felt a weird level of pity for Dreamer. Well... gently caress you, buddy.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This really is a new Impact/TNA, they're making good decisions quickly! gently caress Tommy Dreamer.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If this was the Impact of old Dreamer would've been given the World Title

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Tommy Dreamer heroically jumps on the grenade he threw himself with no one else around.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMMwHwH4F9Y

Long, but good

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

I imagine if anyone else on that flight had done what Flair did they would have been poo poo canned. It's disgusting what you can get away with when you have a little bit of clout.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MariaLKanellis/status/1438956402542878727?s=20

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
What a gigantic dumbass.

If they call and ask if you want to be interviewed about the Plane Ride From Hell, why not say "I've really got nothing unique to say about it, call me for the next one you're doing".

It's okay to sit one out buddy, I guarantee nobody on earth would have been thinking "Gosh, I wonder what Tommy Dreamer has to say about this one?"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

skaboomizzy posted:

What a gigantic dumbass.

If they call and ask if you want to be interviewed about the Plane Ride From Hell, why not say "I've really got nothing unique to say about it, call me for the next one you're doing".

It's okay to sit one out buddy, I guarantee nobody on earth would have been thinking "Gosh, I wonder what Tommy Dreamer has to say about this one?"

gotta protect the biz and the boys, pal

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

He has a shocking amount of vocal fanboys, which is baffling.

I don’t think any show has ever made me so emotional before- last night Dreamer’s comments had me whipped into such a fury (having dealt with a similar situation myself) that I had problems falling asleep, and I’m already steeling myself for the Kanyon episode. It’ll be so painful to have a deeper dive on what he went through.

this show is incredible, and so much work and care has been put into it. legitimately amazing work.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I can't imagine why anyone actually went on the record for this because literally everyone other than the flight attendant comes out looking lovely

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i have never paid much attention to tommy dreamer because he is an indie mudshow garbage wrestler, but i do recall when he was on stone cold's podcast and clearly he has always been a terrible sex pervert

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

also remember hulk hogan on howard stern saying his MO for hooking up used to be just leaving the room and coming back naked. robin was just like "well that's a bold move"

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I'm about a page late to the discussion, but Vince Mcmahon sucks, and I imagine it was by design that JR had a job that was way too difficult for one guy to handle

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Flair seems to enjoy getting JR in trouble with Vince.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The "don't sell it" poo poo is completely unsurprising because it's the default advice for any rib. If you get pissed someone poo poo in your bag you're a mark for yourself and will get it double next time.

Unless youre taker and are terrified of cucumbers and threaten to kill people if one is in your general vicinity.

Edit: It's probably understood but I'm not calling sexual assault a rib. Just to be clear.

Critical fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 17, 2021

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Are there any stories of someone actually going through with pranking Taker with a cucumber? I think I've only heard about Paul Bearer doing it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

There’s a deep cowardice in enabling this kind of atmosphere and then abdicating responsibility when poo poo goes wrong. I feel for JR for being put in this situation by Vince refusing to be the person in charge.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
JR has been Vince's favorite scapegoat and target of abuse for decades and I have no idea how he put up with it for so long.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1438976978149859329

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

So if Ric Flair shows up at an AEW show, what is the ratio of cheers to boos?

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

the escape goat posted:

He has a shocking amount of vocal fanboys, which is baffling.

I don’t think any show has ever made me so emotional before- last night Dreamer’s comments had me whipped into such a fury (having dealt with a similar situation myself) that I had problems falling asleep, and I’m already steeling myself for the Kanyon episode. It’ll be so painful to have a deeper dive on what he went through.

this show is incredible, and so much work and care has been put into it. legitimately amazing work.

It's not really baffling, it's standard culture war bullshit.

A bunch of chuds are always waiting to latch on to anyone or anything they see as fighting whatever their vague, ever shifting idea of political correctness is.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

The Grey posted:

So if Ric Flair shows up at an AEW show, what is the ratio of cheers to boos?

I want to say AEW wouldn’t do this now,especially after banning Linda Hogan and pulling talent from a show with Joey Ryan, but they’re pretty all over the place with what they choose to take a stand on.

Sometimes you get suspended without pay for going over the line on a taped Youtube show, other times you bring in an honest to god convicted rear end rapist to introduce your new championship and then also later work an angle with one of the top factions.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

bloodysabbath posted:

I want to say AEW wouldn’t do this now,especially after banning Linda Hogan and pulling talent from a show with Joey Ryan, but they’re pretty all over the place with what they choose to take a stand on.

Sometimes you get suspended without pay for going over the line on a taped Youtube show, other times you bring in an honest to god convicted rear end rapist to introduce your new championship and then also later work an angle with one of the top factions.

I thought Tony was good friends with Flair?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Grey posted:

I thought Tony was good friends with Flair?

Regardless of that or not, he’s so far proven to not be the total loving idiot he’d need to be not to see the writing on the wall.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Tommy Dreamer has two daughters and still thought it was a good idea to go on tv and say these things. out of the industry loser.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Just finished watching, and instead of just adding to the cool and good "gently caress Tommy dreamer" chants I wanted to just say that I felt some sense of relief in that last minute of it hearing Heidi Doyle talk. Her being able to say that she both hopes this is a teachable moment for people who may have done bad poo poo / can improve and simultaneously hoping that it empowers victims to speak up is the one bright spot in all of this, and bravo to her for being able to still have that kind of attitude in spite of all the poo poo she had to endure.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

kitten emergency posted:

I can't imagine why anyone actually went on the record for this because literally everyone other than the flight attendant comes out looking lovely

Yeah, with the exception of the flight attendant and MAYBE Terri Runnels, everyone comes across as some degree of lovely, be it mild or explosively egregious.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Glad dreamer got fired. That haircut was disgusting and had no place on television

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Flair has undoubtedly committed numerous sex crimes.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
So, someone found an old stern clip with Kanyon after he was fired. Ric called in to dispute Kanyon on why he was fired. Next week not looking good either for ric either.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1438942399464681492?s=20

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I thought it said a lot about the boys club that generation still clings to that almost every posthumous interview about Curt Hennig talks about him being being the funniest prankster ribber in the business, but this episode implied he just liked to roofie his addict coworkers.

Don't go to sleep and don't leave your drink uncovered around the people you spend nearly every day with. It's no wonder so many of them turned into paranoid, bitter old men.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cael posted:

Just finished watching, and instead of just adding to the cool and good "gently caress Tommy dreamer" chants I wanted to just say that I felt some sense of relief in that last minute of it hearing Heidi Doyle talk. Her being able to say that she both hopes this is a teachable moment for people who may have done bad poo poo / can improve and simultaneously hoping that it empowers victims to speak up is the one bright spot in all of this, and bravo to her for being able to still have that kind of attitude in spite of all the poo poo she had to endure.

Yeah just caught the show myself (holy poo poo Tommy Dreamer what the gently caress!?!) and agree she showed really amazing strength in being able to have that kind of hopeful perspective.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
I couldn't believe it when RVD said the boys used to drug women and rape them and it's just dropped in the episode like no big deal and everyone moves on.

What the gently caress is wrong with wrestlers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

fallin1 posted:

So, someone found an old stern clip with Kanyon after he was fired. Ric called in to dispute Kanyon on why he was fired. Next week not looking good either for ric either.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1438942399464681492?s=20

gently caress Ric Flair.