Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Really looking forward to whatever they come up with for the new thread titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Really looking forward to whatever they come up with for the new thread titles.

Here be dragons

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ArfJason posted:

you all need to be executed

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I didn't know that exasperated statements showing annoyance are considered trolling

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Who cares, it was a bad post

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Armitag3 posted:

Who cares, it was a bad post

I will counter you and posit that it was one of the finest posts SA has ever seen

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Agreed, what we needed instead was another 3 pages of hilarious jokes about ***slurs***

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
i wear this crown of slurs

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Regarde Aduck posted:

I will counter you and posit that it was one of the finest posts SA has ever seen

I'll see you in the debate dojo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Regarde Aduck posted:

It wasn't a great post but his stated opinions were accurate.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

Have you seen the quality of SA posts? Being one of the finest posts SA has ever seen doesn't preclude it being a bad post.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Look, sometimes it's just hard to be funny

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

pentyne posted:

NMA went from the respectable wikipedia for Fallout content and lore to a seething mass of rage and gamer anger when Betheseda announced Fallout 3 and SA was mocking them pretty heavily about it for years.

seems like the goons were the idiots there

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dongicus posted:

seems like the goons were the idiots there

1/10. See me after class.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

1/10. See me after class.

[INT 1/10] See me after class.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dongicus posted:

[INT 1/10] See me after class.

Much better.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Bethesda fallouts are terrible imo but the NMA folks are kinda sad. They're like the forum equivalent of people who make 10 hour long videos on why they hate the SW prequels or whatever

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
QCS: Quiet, Calm, Sincere > Ban +30 for anyone that makes a joke about slurs

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ArfJason posted:

Slurchat was annoying, and definitely drop that everybody, but saying other posters should be killed, even half-assedly trolling, sucks and don’t do that either.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Slurchat was annoying, and definitely drop that everybody, but saying other posters should be killed, even half-assedly trolling, sucks and don’t do that either.

Yeah, I do want to apologize for my role in that. I was just making a joke about how gross early SA was. Didn't mean for the convo to turn into "Le epic slurs XD" chat

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

don't worry, arf. in this one instance, time is on your side.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I did the crime and I did the time, and at least some people thought it was funny.

Why isn't he getting the same?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Valko posted:

I did the crime and I did the time, and at least some people thought it was funny.

What did you do?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

sourdough posted:

What did you do?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3955085&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post511521180

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

rofl

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ArfJason posted:

quote:

FYAD is full of nazi transphobes and needs to be closed. Every miserable anime obsessed 40 something there should kill themselves from embarassment. If they feel hesitant, don't worry - I have guns and will happily aid them on their journey to hell. Guns only, mind you. I wouldn't want to get within 20 feet of a FYAD goon because I'd have to spend a day bathing in tomato juice - and that's just to get the smell away, they are probably riddled with airborne fungal infections too.

If the powers that be are too cowardly to close FYAD then I should be made the one and only mod of FYAD. I wouldn't let them bully me. Jeffrey shot himself in the foot when he rescinded Lucy's permaban. Many people, including non FYAD goons thought that a perma was too far. Maybe it was? But now that she's back FYAD has realized that all they have to do is throw a tantrum hard enough and they will get what they want. Those spoiled adult babies would get no such leeway with me.

The reason KM seen them as an easy target for her attempted coup is that she knew no normal well adjusted goon would come to FYADs defence. Think about that for a second - there are other problematic forums here like TCC, TFR and ADTRW. Drug addicts, gun nuts and anime fans and she thought "Nah, most people find FYAD even more loathsome. It'll be easier to start there."

What? You don't like my opinion? Well, you know you don't have to read it or look at it if you don't want to. :flipoff:

these posts are the same, to me

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Ironic, really.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
:hmmyes: to everything

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Valko posted:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
This guy sucks

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
lmao, and doubly lmao at the list of "problematic" forums

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

why would you bathe in tomato juice

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

PYF Sagas: Drug addicts, gun nuts and anime fans

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Snow Cone Capone posted:

This is a venn diagram I'd like to see

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The three genders

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

This is a venn diagram I'd like to see

*looks at cspam*

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

New Super Metis posted:

why would you bathe in tomato juice

In the likely event that you get close to a FYAD goon and they spray you with their stink glands, of course.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Zil posted:

*looks at cspam*

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth

Valko posted:

In the likely event that you get close to a FYAD goon and they spray you with their stink glands, of course.
What specialized body parts do BYOB posters have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Beffica posted:

What specialized body parts do BYOB posters have?

essence of weed, won't get you high but will chill you the gently caress out