Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I've been hoarding LL tokens for years now waiting for the best time to go for it, and I think I may oughtto while Colossus is still on the table. Is this a good idea? Is Knull worth it? I shoulda gone for it when Cyclops was available.

Because a few people have been asking about it, Roxxon Oil is at capacity at the moment, with everyone in it being pretty active. I wish I could make room for more, but I don't think there will be any in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sesq posted:

I've been hoarding LL tokens for years now waiting for the best time to go for it, and I think I may oughtto while Colossus is still on the table. Is this a good idea? Is Knull worth it? I shoulda gone for it when Cyclops was available.

Because a few people have been asking about it, Roxxon Oil is at capacity at the moment, with everyone in it being pretty active. I wish I could make room for more, but I don't think there will be any in the near future.

Wanda and Colossus are two top tier pulls.

We won’t see a store like this again anytime soon.

Knoll is pretty good actually I’ve been warming up to him. You were right to skip cyclops he is whack.

Colo rotates out in the 28th so I’d pull for him now.

His damage tanking is next level.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sesq posted:

I joined some rando guild and they're doing ok and it's probably what I need right now because I still need like 5,000 hero points to roster the people I have waiting and I haven't been opening, like, anything other than the daily mighty ones I get. This game is just spitting them at me. I already have 4 Mantis cards and no idea what I'm doing.

Also, re: support cards, is there anything I should be doing with those? They were just being introduced when I peaced out.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

Also, re: support cards, is there anything I should be doing with those? They were just being introduced when I peaced out.

It just depends on which ones you have and which characters you have. Supports can be great if paired with the right character.

Like I have one on my Wanda that has a 40% chance to clear enemy special tiles on power use. So when my Oko or thor fire a power ( which ramps up quick) it starts to clear these BS count down tiles.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I guess I’m two or three years late to the game, but I finally championed Okoye. :mitt:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bob Socko posted:

I guess I’m two or three years late to the game, but I finally championed Okoye. :mitt:

Best Character in the game.

Her + Wanda = put down the hurt even on iHulk teams.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

Bob Socko posted:

I only got her done fairly recently myself.

As for the pulls, well, I went and did it. I spent about 200 tokens. I got 12 Colossus, 13 Knull, but only 8 Wanda. That's pretty good, given the odds. Colossus is max covered, Knull is at 12/13 (with 2 saved), and I can probably get the last one through progression rewards, and Wanda is at 8/13 with an awkward 5/2/1 split. (with 1 saved) I guess I may have to leave Wanda stewing as is for a while since I don't want any more covers for either of the other two right now, but 8 or 9 covers still isn't anything to sneeze at for a 5*. Bonus shards were allocated to Apocalypse, who is my current long-term project. I got 2 covers for him, bringing him up to 5. I also wound up with about 2000 HP, 150K ISO-8, 150 CP, and 20 or so more LL tokens from champed 4*s.

Now I've got to get all the ISO-8 to actually champ them...

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I haven't gotten any Okoye cards in years.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sesq posted:

I only got her done fairly recently myself.

As for the pulls, well, I went and did it. I spent about 200 tokens. I got 12 Colossus, 13 Knull, but only 8 Wanda. That's pretty good, given the odds. Colossus is max covered, Knull is at 12/13 (with 2 saved), and I can probably get the last one through progression rewards, and Wanda is at 8/13 with an awkward 5/2/1 split. (with 1 saved) I guess I may have to leave Wanda stewing as is for a while since I don't want any more covers for either of the other two right now, but 8 or 9 covers still isn't anything to sneeze at for a 5*. Bonus shards were allocated to Apocalypse, who is my current long-term project. I got 2 covers for him, bringing him up to 5. I also wound up with about 2000 HP, 150K ISO-8, 150 CP, and 20 or so more LL tokens from champed 4*s.

Now I've got to get all the ISO-8 to actually champ them...

Fwiw Colo is a heavy tank so the more HP on him the better he gets. He also leaves on the 28th but Ronan doesn’t look so hot.

Personally I would (and did) go hard for Wanda and Colo. I had 9 saved covers on Wanda before I finally got to champ her.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

MarcusSA posted:

It just depends on which ones you have and which characters you have. Supports can be great if paired with the right character.

Like I have one on my Wanda that has a 40% chance to clear enemy special tiles on power use. So when my Oko or thor fire a power ( which ramps up quick) it starts to clear these BS count down tiles.

They are also good for changing who matches tiles. I've got my Juggernaut set up so that when he's with Starlord and Rocket he matches everything except yellow which pretty much guarantees that the low level pve nodes are over in one match.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I can't do the 5 star node with the mindless ones after beating it a few cause they hit too hard and I don't have a good character to deal with all these special tiles. It's a problem and my solution is to try again next time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

I can't do the 5 star node with the mindless ones after beating it a few cause they hit too hard and I don't have a good character to deal with all these special tiles. It's a problem and my solution is to try again next time.

The challenge node?

Use mobius he clears all the tiles.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

MarcusSA posted:

The challenge node?

Use mobius he clears all the tiles.

That's a solution but I only have two covers on him so I'll just have to live with only clearing it like 3 times. Just don't have anyone else that can really destroy the tiles fast enough since they're popping out countdowns within like turn 2 and have 60k health.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Dr Strange works well there...even the three-star one.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
So I set Mantis as my 4* favorite and managed to pump her Purple up to 5 and lol just lol at all these Polaris/Rocket and Groot teams.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Yeah, it's great, sometimes they are 100% stunlocked from turn 2.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
So you'd say Mantis is the best 4* counter to Polaris? I was thinking of putting my bonus shards for her or Morbius, but went with Morbius.

eta- Although I guess doing damage at the same time as you reduce the amount of damage they do, while good, isn't quite as effective as just preventing the enemy from doing damage entirely. lol

Andorra fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 11, 2021

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm going Mantis, Carnage, Medusa in the simulator right now and I'm assuming attacking that would be a nightmare since there's no planning around it. Things just happen.

Edit:. Turn 3

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 11, 2021

Barbobot
Apr 29, 2005
Started playing this weekend, not really sure what I'm doing but I took the last spot in Pizza Dog if someone can confirm me there. I'd appreciate it, thanks!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Barbobot posted:

Started playing this weekend, not really sure what I'm doing but I took the last spot in Pizza Dog if someone can confirm me there. I'd appreciate it, thanks!

Good thing I checked the thread today. You’re approved, welcome aboard!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Why does 3* Star Lord look like Seth Rogen?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
It's exactly from the comic.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
It absolutely is not, it’s a Prattfro on the 3 and 5.
4* is closer to comics, providing the comic is one where someone just rearranged his jaw with their fist.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Alliance Event tomorrow. Mantis in progression and Kate Pryde for Alliance

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The company got scooped up as well.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/08/embracer-group-acquires-demiurge-studios-fractured-byte-and-smartphone-labs

quote:

During 2021, Embracer expects that Demiurge will generate $15 million in revenues. The studio is profitable and has a pipeline to accelerate growth and grow the team above 350 employees during the next five years.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
What is this poo poo making Mantis solo against Carnage but not allowing her to stun, literally her main use? Like, you're basically just trying to defeat him with match damage at this point.

Edit: lol Now it's Mantis vs. Sandman who, even while champed, has more HP than her and since you don't have a reliable way to create special tiles for yourself you can't heal and he can't be stunned.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 21, 2021

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Sinister Six event starts today!

also, how does anyone beat this stupid Welcome to Shield mission where Riri has Mockingbird and a Doombot just feeding her all the AP on Earth?

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

Maldraedior posted:

also, how does anyone beat this stupid Welcome to Shield mission where Riri has Mockingbird and a Doombot just feeding her all the AP on Earth?

I used Peggy Captain America and just kept them stunned most of the time. I've also heard using Polaris and keeping them stunned works. Either works well if Hydra Stomper is tanking blue.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Maldraedior posted:

I usually have to use Deadpool's whales for those last missions haha

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I've got my first 5 star to a workable level and let's just say dang this guy does a lot of stuff when you get his blue revved up.

I'm doing 40k a turn at some points.

Also any room open in any goon guilds yet?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I can beat Riri/Mockingbird/Doombot sometimes by targeting the Doombot first. If it's alive, it's just a countdown until Riri wrecks my poo poo. After that, Riri, then Mockingbird as I usually have someone who can remove her countdown tiles. Even then, it's no guarantee, but persistence pays off. It's the Thing/Mordo/poo poo-Lord I almost never get past. I did beat it this time by getting insanely lucky with huge chains in useful colors, and that was still with a champed Phoenix Colossus.

I can make room for a couple people in Roxxon Oil unless the people in there who've been idle for a month or so become active again. If I cleared you out and want back in, just reapply and I'll let you back in, room permitting. I usually only remove people if they've been idle for a month or more and if someone else would like to join.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok joined Roxxon as unclehunky.

Hey we finally get Ultron. Wonder if this means we'll eventually get Gorgon.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
I uninstalled, if you need space in Roxxon you can kick me (UmlatFiasco). Game just demands too much of my time to not fall behind these days.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

I've applied to join Roxxon, hopefully my abundance of free time continues and I can use too much of my time and not fall behind.

MissMarple fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Sep 29, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TBF to this game it doesn’t require much at all.

Like maybe 60 min a day and that can be pretty spread out.

A little more if you do some PvP but that’s only every other day or so.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

Hah yeah I mostly just crack out the 6 clears in PVE across the rollover on the sofa with my SO in the evening and poop out some PVP. With meta teams you only need half an eye on it.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Avengers vs Ultron alliance event starts today! Win a Kate! and also some Kates!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Win a Kate with Kate. Also lol at the everyone powered up thing my stupid Ronin killed Doom in turn 1 by getting a crit for 50k.

Edit: I need a lot of Iso-8 so I can champ Kate and Kate.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 30, 2021

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I applied to Roxxon as ElecSheep so I can team up with goons for my morning poop game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I'm sorry about not paying attention. I got you both in, and I apologize for not doing so before the Ultron event ended. We're full for the immediate future for now.