Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just sitting in the café having a chat with my arms fixed to my sides throughout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

Body dysmorphia :smith:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I know I talked a lot of poo poo about how long Intelligent Life was taking to get to the actual date but now that it's here holy poo poo I take it all back. They should have delayed this indefinitely.

Also, I guess these two are the main characters now, right? The strip has been almost exclusively about them for... the vast majority of 2021

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I always skip over Intelligent Life but the way women's tits are drawn in it unsettles me, and I'm not sure why. It might just be yet another case of "men have shapeless blob bodies while women have carefully sculpted sex bodies," with the added bonus of the artist not really being able to draw. I dunno.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Intelligent Life was the first comic when I started reading this thread that my brain violently rejected. I skim over/past quite a few, but it was the first one that made me go "gently caress god, ew, no why."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Apr. 20, 1947)

Ulfrun continues to be a complete fuckin' loser

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Intelligent Life was the first comic when I started reading this thread that my brain violently rejected. I skim over/past quite a few, but it was the first one that made me go "gently caress god, ew, no why."

I know you probably just omitted a comma, but I both enjoy and understand the idea that Intelligent Life was the reason you became an atheist

Classic Zits

Connie’s punctuation boobs are swiftly becoming my favorite hallmark of these early years!

Sylvia

Bottom strip is dated, but both of these are fantastic. Really wish the top strip was less relevant tho :/

100 Demons: The Aswang

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
9CL update, about a week and a half of fuckin' in a bathtub

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

El Spamo posted:

9CL update, about a week and a half of fuckin' in a bathtub

Thanks, I hate it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: Revolver Ocelot nods approvin- wait, I've already done that, or Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place!, or At least Jethro leads from the front...

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple: Clotted Crime Part 2 – Two Backs

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad Site
Steeple Website

That is (confirmed by Allison) a ZambianTM Elite smartphone that Rupert is using in panel five. They were first mentioned in Wicked Things issue 3.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Hostile V posted:

Remember in D&D 4e When They Simplified The Funny Online Animal System and A Lot of People Lost Their God drat Minds

It breaks my brain a little bit just how little similarity this dog's personality has to the personality most people probably imagined he had from the "this is fine" comic. Which perhaps explains why KC Green hasn't been able to parlay that meme to more mainstream success.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Capitalism and environmentalism clash yet again! Who will come out on top? It's capitalism really but probably not here.

Mary Worth

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Counterpoint: a dog that hates Wilbur is, in fact, a good dog.
True!

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Some Guy TT posted:

It breaks my brain a little bit just how little similarity this dog's personality has to the personality most people probably imagined he had from the "this is fine" comic. Which perhaps explains why KC Green hasn't been able to parlay that meme to more mainstream success.
Sadly, most famous dogs on the internet who parlay their fame into trying to start a whole media empire tend to let the power go to their head. It shows something that's true to their character they don't always recognize or admit, like when Advice Dog was indicted for running that MLM or when Hello? Yes This Is Dog was killed by the husband of that man he was manipulating into a romantic relationship.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

In that case it makes absolutely no loving sense to me why Dez is so desperate to room with Stef. Yeah, there's the factor that Stef will be spending a lot of time with her boyfriend, so maybe she won't be in her room much, but Dez thusfar has been characterized as a lovey-dovey earth mother and not a master manipulator for her own wants. Meanwhile Bets has secretly been her BFF this whole time? And Dez would rather room with this ditzy (and frankly annoying) broad than her childhood friend?

I get this feeling like Team Evans might not be good at writing characters.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Georgia Dunn cannot be stopped from adopting more cats.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Someone learned a new word.

Mandrake

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Apr. 20, 1947)

I assume Aleta because Ulfrun isn't worth poo poo to anybody at this point.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Kennel posted:

Dustin

This is how the writer of this strip actually thinks dating happens for "Millennials" in 2021.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Oh no he's so cute.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kennel posted:

Dustin

ok boomer

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Caphi posted:

I assume Aleta because Ulfrun isn't worth poo poo to anybody at this point.

I assume Aleta because Ulfrun is getting killed by Indians at this point.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

EBB posted:

ok boomer

we have :okboomer: for that now

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Duncan's mother seems to be the only woman in the strip who isn't seething with hate and bitterness, and she has more reason to than anyone, being married to that slug of a boomer.

Scary Gary

(Kermit flail) I love him so muuuuuuuuuuuch

Drimble Wedge fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 17, 2021

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

In upcoming strips, we will meet the exterminator husband, BARTIE BEEFCAKE. Cherry will call up her slow cousin HARRIET HANDYPERSON and they will meet up after midnight to sabotage BARTIE BEEFCAKE's exterminator truck. On the day of the extermination, BARTIE will attempt to spray the bees but the spray will get all over him instead and he will be dripping wet! Another great storyline wrapped up tidily.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

But wait, with what vehicle will Mark have an extremely questionably storyboarded chase sequence?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

*that will never be resolved?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Looks like BCN will be getting a new reporter in a few weeks!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT7p_oBJNrX/?utm_medium=copy_link

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
The MiniSec Ecocide Museum!

2008 (February 11-15)

Yep, nothing like sticking it to the shenanigans of that...generic placeholder celebrity couple.

Another downside to mocking pop culture that you can't be bothered to get even superficially familiar with is being unable to pull the name of a celebrity couple out of your rear end to save your life...um, premise.

Of course, she does knows Dick Cheney. Stick to your relative strengths. And there's no way I'll regret those words at all...

Anyway, here's 2011 with another week's worth of sitting around and talking in a room. (March 14-18, featuring paper scans intentionally twice as large for reasons which make sense until I actually try to explain them...)

"Wait a second, that doesn't sound right. What's the other word? Oh yeah, moronically, you've strengthened your enemy."

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 17, 2021

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

Billy's just terrified about being tossed into the featureless void.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Kennel posted:

Dustin

There is so much bullshit wrapped up in this one. It's incredible.

Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Jan 4, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 3-4, 1990)

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

This is my favorite kind Calvin and Susie comic - one where it is pretty obvious that she is playing with him, not being bullied by him.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

riderchop posted:

Chako's scary.....
Chako is literally (spoilers for ChaCha Chako, the narrative spin-off / origins comic I may share later) a fickle, amnesiac child god living in a world created entirely and expressly for her own amusement, so yeah.

Arrow-catching cloak

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! September 23, 1918

Outbursts of Everett True November 1, 1918

Gay and Her Gang October 30, 1929

Oaky Doaks April 1, 1936

Mopsy June 3, 1937

Up Front July 13, 1944

Dark Laughter September 18, 1948

Those Were the Days April 5, 1956

Wee Pals December 22, 1965

Dogbert May 23, 1966

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "264 - Jucika As A Guardian Angel"

"265 - Jucika And Scraps"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Chako reminds me of Bob Team Epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Or, gleebster doesn't get these kids today.

:kstare:
a fickle, amnesiac child god living in a world created entirely and expressly for her own amusement, so yeah.

And you didn't think this was something the reader would want to know?

readingatwork posted:

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

By the way "kid who looks like Ness from Earthbound gets a slingshot" is the storyline that made me love this comic. It takes a while to pay off but it's worth the wait.

There's an ongoing story?