Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
We take a short break from Luschet-chat to inform everyone that your favorite Weihnachtsgebäck might be back in store at your local supermarket.

It's Lebkuchenzeit again, mfers!

Seriously, it feels like they removed the Schokohasen just yesterday...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

As usual, the Normas around here have been stocking Lebkuchen since August 1st.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Help me decide SA: although I favour die Grünen in earnest, I'd vote for Die Linke to keep them in the Budenstag. But I kinda wanna vote Die Partei for shits and giggles. Should I feel guilty? :v:

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Chikimiki posted:

Help me decide SA: although I favour die Grünen in earnest, I'd vote for Die Linke to keep them in the Budenstag. But I kinda wanna vote Die Partei for shits and giggles. Should I feel guilty? :v:

In the past elections it wouldn't have mattered much but this time it really does so vote die Linke.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Chikimiki posted:

Yeah, if the Linke go under 5%, all votes for them are wasted, and a left(ish) coalition becomes impossible. They are at 6% right now, vote Linke.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Theoretically, if the Linke manages to hold on to at least 3 of their current 5 Direktmandate, they would still partake in the Zweitstimmenverteilung regardless of whether or not they clear the 5% treshold.

You should still vote Linke, though.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Chikimiki posted:

Yes. That has little to do with voting though.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Randler posted:

Theoretically, if the Linke manages to hold on to at least 3 of their current 5 Direktmandate, they would still partake in the Zweitstimmenverteilung regardless of whether or not they clear the 5% treshold.

You should still vote Linke, though.

Hmm yes, you're right. I totally forgot that. But looking up Umfragen for the Direktmandate, that's pretty dicey. Forecasts range from 3 to 5 Direktmandate, so that's pretty close. I wouldn't rely on those numbers. Not to mention that it's probably better if RGR doesn't have the bare majority of Abgeordnete they need to form a government.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
If you don't vote Die Linke out of fear they don't break 5%, you reduce their chances of breaking 5%, OP.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

lagidnam posted:

We take a short break from Luschet-chat to inform everyone that your favorite Weihnachtsgebäck might be back in store at your local supermarket.

It's Lebkuchenzeit again, mfers!

Seriously, it feels like they removed the Schokohasen just yesterday...

Not sure what backwater town you are in, but Rewe and Aldi have been stocking Lebkuchen since September 1st in Munich. You get Christmas stuff before they do back to school offers these days.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
brb gotta get me some Borggreve Gewürzspekulatius

frankenfreak posted:

vote Die Linke

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Well, it finally happened. Someone has invented a wahlplakat that is not just a useless waste of space

https://twitter.com/habichthorn/status/1438160247521165324?s=19

e: poo poo, I signed my own post

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Ah drat. If that is real, they just printed a lot of posters with a typo.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Whaddaya mean, the big Ihr? Because that's debatable.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't spot a typo there. I was doubting myself.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Zwille posted:

Whaddaya mean, the big Ihr? Because that's debatable.

Clearly it's directed at Georg Friedrich Ferdinand Prinz von Preußen

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
If you want to argue the poster is an actual letter and the author wants to be extremely polite (and even more outdated) then yes, you could potentially use "Ihr" but that is pretty far fetched.

But on anything that is not actually a letter from you grandma that's a typo.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Gotta admit that this discussion about proper grammar on a response to a call to murder is extremely German, gotta dot all the I’s after all or else you’re no better than literal nazis

:v:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

To be fair I seem to recall the legality of the Partei "Nazis töten." poster came down to the slogan ending with a full stop rather than an exclamation mark, which would have elevated it from a statement of fact to a call for action.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

It's "Nazis töten [Menschen].", not "[Lasst uns] Nazis töten."

That's why it's fine and should be legal

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well yes, that's my point.

Hypothetically, if I hung up posters saying "Hängt die Nazis" and in small print "Verbreitet die Plakate von NPD, III. Weg und AfD in der Öffentlichkeit", would they have to accept that on the same grounds III. Weg is citing, or would it boil down to a legal argument whether they can be called Nazis in public?

Followup, since there's legal precedent establishing that he can, if I hung posters of Höcke saying "Hängt den Nazi" and in small print "Verhelft dem AfD-Kandidaten mit Plakaten zum Wahlsieg"

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Partei deliberately made it ambiguous bc they love pointless social media brouhahas

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hopper posted:

Ah drat. If that is real, they just printed a lot of posters with a typo.

It's not a typo. Ihr is capitalized in the official greens wahlkampfslogan. Whether it's good or bad is not for me mere mortal to judge, sollen sich die Dudentoucher um sowas streiten

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Seriously, a new Laschet nugget every single day?

Bild steht natürlich Gewehr bei Fuß!

Trigger warning: clip of said savage 15 year old girl

https://twitter.com/Hornschild/status/1438218868707799045

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

mcbexx posted:

God how I wish we could get a shot of those notes he wrote.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Drone posted:

God how I wish we could get a shot of those notes he wrote.

DO NOT LAUGH

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

mcbexx posted:

Seriously, a new Laschet nugget every single day?

Bild steht natürlich Gewehr bei Fuß!

loving dusted

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Wait, whaaaat?

The two Kinderreporter who interviewed Scholz, Laschet and Baerbock and asked about the Hambacher Forst, Maaßen and if Putin was a murderer were coached, maybe even in real-time via earpiece?

NO loving WAY?! :jerkbag:

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deut...81-6dbeae307459

Massive props to Schleswig-Holsteins CDU-Bildungsministerin Karin Prien, Mitglied in Laschets »Zukunftsteam«.
She's knows something's afoot, but fret not, she's on the case.

https://twitter.com/PrienKarin/status/1438158933026349057

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 16, 2021

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Some olds using kids as sockpuppets, if it happened, does seem kinda weird.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

They're just grumpy they forgot to coach their own guy.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gegen die Frühpolitisierung unserer Kinder

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

No reason to ad hominem Amthor into this, way over the line

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Honestly the whole idea of kinder interviewing politicians is pretty bizarre. If they asked questions they came up with themselves, that'd at least have some novelty value, but watching a politician flail while trying to explain his brechmitteleinsatz to a 10 year old without looking like a heartless prick is just cringe content.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

It's basically just an interview gimmick that forces the candidates to answer difficult questions in simple language, without being able to wriggle out with the usual platitudes or by attacking the interviewer.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

pidan posted:

Honestly the whole idea of kinder interviewing politicians is pretty bizarre. If they asked questions they came up with themselves, that'd at least have some novelty value, but watching a politician flail while trying to explain his brechmitteleinsatz to a 10 year old without looking like a heartless prick is just cringe content.

Gee, I sure hope running a country and representing it on the global stage is easier than navigating the PR pitfalls of getting put on the spot by some coached kids like this.

Because otherwise, lol. Lmao.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Perestroika posted:

It's basically just an interview gimmick that forces the candidates to answer difficult questions in simple language, without being able to wriggle out with the usual platitudes or by attacking the interviewer.

This and I like it. Unfortunately, most of the people who watch this, same as those who watch Anstalt or any other decent program on politics are probably not the people who need to be told how poo poo politicians are in simple language.

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

Perestroika posted:

Which is exactly what Laschet has done in every single interview. A lot of lukewarm air and if that didn't get him out of it, he went on the attack. I wish I could hire those kids for our management calls.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

goethe42 posted:

Which is exactly what Laschet has done in every single interview. A lot of lukewarm air and if that didn't get him out of it, he went on the attack. I wish I could hire those kids for our management calls.
Bad news bro

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I can't wait until this loving Wahlkampf is over.

Just imagine living in the USA, where it's basically Wahlkampf every second year. It would drive me insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Torrannor posted:

I can't wait until this loving Wahlkampf is over.

Just imagine living in the USA, where it's basically Wahlkampf every second year. It would drive me insane.

And suddenly, everything happening in the US is explained

Edit:

Looking at Sueddeutsche this morning and it seems like the Luft ist raus im Wahlkampf, at least concerning our friends from the SPD and CDU: Nothing has really moved here over the last couple days.

Good: Greens have started rising a little bit again, FDP is slowly going down again.
Bad: AfD has slightly recovered, too.

Good: Die Linke has a very slight recovery vector, looks like they'll make the 5%-threshold after all.
Bad: All the Ferner Liefen parties also have a slight upwards vector*

*Though as this includes both bad and good parties, this is more neutral than bad, really

Libluini fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 18, 2021