Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

ArfJason posted:

you all need to be executed

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Imagine how disappointed Widestancer would be if they were here to see what you've become.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

where did the y go

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Voyager I posted:

Imagine how disappointed Widestancer would be if they were here to see what you've become.

wtf

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

some plague rats posted:

You could always try turning off your monitor

:qfg:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

you would not dare raise a fist to me if Cheese Thief or 2014 era gbs poster Bitchtard were here right now...

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
If Solarspawn were here right now, he'd give all you little shits what's for

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

everything went to poo poo when cheese thief got banned

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Voyager I posted:

who in the world are you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
imagine if aatrek could see you right now

Well, maybe not that one

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Saagonsa posted:

who in the world are you

the name is in the little box on the left

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

LordSaturn posted:

the name is in the little box on the left

But that's not important right now.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Snow Cone Capone posted:

these posts are the same, to me

Arf was vindicated before the probs even hit

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Voyager I posted:

??????????

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Maybe he thinks you're black baby goku

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Thats what i think that meant haha

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

This is a rubbish saga :saddowns:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Skarsnik posted:

This is a rubbish saga :saddowns:

The Brave Little Toaster is a rubbish saga, this is just confusing

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
How old/noteworthy does something have to be to be a saga? Like if you find a weird timecubey thread in Let's Play or something that mostly flew under the radar could that be considered a saga

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CountryMatters posted:

How old/noteworthy does something have to be to be a saga? Like if you find a weird timecubey thread in Let's Play or something that mostly flew under the radar could that be considered a saga

:justpost:

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

An extremely long and detailed essay on how fromsoft games, squaresoft games, and nier are all secretly hinting to the existence of a hidden lost creator responsible for all of these franchises/founding japanese gaming who's been erased from history, including such evidence as "bloodborne and one final fantasy game both have ceiling rafters" and "there are sunflowers in at least two of these games"

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925056&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post516832665

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CountryMatters posted:

If it wasn't inscribed on a rune stone, i's just sparkling gossip, frankly.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CountryMatters posted:

An extremely long and detailed essay on how fromsoft games, squaresoft games, and nier are all secretly hinting to the existence of a hidden lost creator responsible for all of these franchises/founding japanese gaming who's been erased from history, including such evidence as "bloodborne and one final fantasy game both have ceiling rafters" and "there are sunflowers in at least two of these games"

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925056&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post516832665

Good grief.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

We should put OP of that thread in touch with the goon who did the analysis of the Bayformers movies that tried to say Megatron had a vagina and see what beautiful music they make together.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

CountryMatters posted:

Endorph posted:

i think fiction can reference gender without it being part of an interlocking intergenerational conspiracy involving a trans person youve made up in your head, and id really like it if you could stop pursuing this line of 'logic' because its utterly deranged and unhealthy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, that thread is a weird fuckin' read. I suspect the author might have started with a different thesis, maybe even a defensible one, but once it veers into "all these games are memorials to a theoretical person I speculate must have existed" things just go totally off the rails.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This is even crazier than MGSV fan conspiracies. Did you know, a real life neurosurgeon has in his possession a copy of the real MGSV game, and he will release it, when an embedded secret agent on Konami's legal team relinqushes company's rights to the franchise?

Lmao that people engage with this, and double lmao that people are getting probated for calling it crazy.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 12:08 on Sep 18, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Nier-Drakengard connected universe(s) and that the Final Fantasy crossover is considered canon just gets weirder.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

"all jrpgs are connected!" is some galaxy brain stuff and while it's utter nonsense, I enjoy that someone's brain is smashing it all together

I don't think it ever intersected with SA but the silent hill fan wiki "circumcision metaphor" mod war is one of my favorite internet sagas. video games just take people to strange places

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

How is Endorph the one probated lmao

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

How does this read compare on the galaxybrain meter to "Megatron is trans" from CineD.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

my third eye is open and I now believe in JRPGanon

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

exquisite tea posted:

How does this read compare on the galaxybrain meter to "Megatron is trans" from CineD.

this has been mentioned twice now and I really want to know the context/thread

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

lmao that endorph got probed for that. i stg mods on this site just love to slam buttons on trans posters for the mildest of mild disagreements with other trans posters about trans poo poo, it's very woke and not at all condescending or infantilising.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Len posted:

does anyone have the thread from 2012ish where someone sat down and went through all the transformers movies to discuss how they're actually deep stories?

Probably these

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Paladinus posted:

This is even crazier than MGSV fan conspiracies. Did you know, a real life neurosurgeon has in his possession a copy of the real MGSV game, and he will release it, when an embedded secret agent on Konami's legal team relinqushes company's rights to the franchise?

Lmao that people engage with this, and double lmao that people are getting probated for calling it crazy.

OTACON: Snake, I've finished decoding the real MGSV disc, but this doesn't make any sense... the V didn't stand for Venom at all... it stands for Velka!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

exquisite tea posted:

of course they are, it's right there in the name of the franchise

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

CountryMatters posted:

I started reading this thread when op made it but it veered way too quickly into impenetrable lore.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

How is Endorph the one probated lmao

let's remember that (iirc) endorph 'caused too much drama' to be appointed mod of adtrw so they put wark say in instead, and if this is the kind of 'drama' they meant then lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

small ghost posted:

lmao that endorph got probed for that. i stg mods on this site just love to slam buttons on trans posters for the mildest of mild disagreements with other trans posters about trans poo poo, it's very woke and not at all condescending or infantilising.

Yeah why the gently caress was endorph probed for that lmao