Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

They named him Guto Bebb because his bebb is guto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
currently purging absolutely anyone who has ever professed even slightly left wing views

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1438959098289180672?s=20

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Epic High Five posted:

They named him Guto Bebb because his bebb is guto

why the gently caress are you a d&d mod

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lumpentroll posted:

they said my posting was so good they wanted to make it so nobody could block me

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Epic High Five posted:

they said my posting was so good they wanted to make it so nobody could block me

that can't possibly be true

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

lumpentroll posted:

that can't possibly be true

Well it's good by D&D standards. It takes me a minute to figure out what they're saying, tops.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I hope the Brexit ghouls force the BBC to start reading weather forecasts in Fahrenheit just because it would be so loving funny.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lumpentroll posted:

owned lol. i can't even read DnD

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

CoolCab posted:

sorry can u draw on the diagram which one you are before i answer that plz:

Northern Ireland.

Yeah, I know. I don't have a loving leg to stand on when I criticize another countries politics.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
on the contrary, I never post about Ireland.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

CoolCab posted:

on the contrary, I never post about Ireland.

you know what's good for you

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

gently caress the queen, scotland, england and canada

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

does anyone have that star wars opening credits scroll of the "guto bebb is a star wars name" post

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

lumpentroll posted:

gently caress the queen, scotland, england and canada

hell yes. i don't know the nodding emote.

StashAugustine posted:

does anyone have that star wars opening credits scroll of the "guto bebb is a star wars name" post

sure!

https://starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/?ref=redirect#!/BM0OkipgbeBNfcONKihf

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

CoolCab posted:

hell yes. i don't know the nodding emote.

don't even know if there is one that isn't ironic

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011

CoolCab posted:

this is because your brain is very small, doesn't work very well and you were more than likely very poorly socialized due to your personality.

he cant help it, they dont iodize their salt over there

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bedshaped posted:

do scots really still use "scotch" as an adjective

Scots eyes tend to twitch violently when someone calls them Scotch.

Jose posted:

currently purging absolutely anyone who has ever professed even slightly left wing views

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1438959098289180672?s=20

This is funny. Tempted to rejoin Labour just to get purged

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I wouldn't pay them for the privilege of being told to gently caress off, personally

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I skipped forward like 5 pages, did coolcab shut up yet

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

endlessmonotony posted:

The "blood and soil" bit CoolCab keeps referring to was the UKMT repeatedly telling him he's an rear end in a top hat and it's not okay to mock Welsh names because they're "innately funny". He kept doubling down, so I asked "is this the liberal to blood-and-soil fascist pipeline in action, you just keep doubling down on lovely opinions when called out on them?"

He's kept doubling down for well over a year now.

Independent Wales would own.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Relevant Tangent posted:

Far better than them being stuck with the English and their brainworms, at any rate.

It has become clear the English will allow their ruling class any amount of greed, cruelty, and willful denial of reality. They will drag others down with them, for little reason other than spite. Helping anyone who wants to break free of the United Kingdom is good for humanity in general. Hopefully it continues until England is precisely one pub in Kent.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Relevant Tangent posted:

It would but there's very little chance of it happening in the next 20 years. Everyone here is beaten down by a dead economy and no hope. There's also a very real colonisation effect going on in the coastal towns where every house is either owned by English retirees or are used as second homes by the English. And because everything sucks, all the people that might fix things move out to go work in London because there's fuckall jobs here. There's no way you could get a real movement going here because all that's left is societal burnouts like me and a load of OAP's.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

endlessmonotony posted:

Far better than them being stuck with the English and their brainworms, at any rate.

It has become clear the English will allow their ruling class any amount of greed, cruelty, and willful denial of reality. They will drag others down with them, for little reason other than spite. Helping anyone who wants to break free of the United Kingdom is good for humanity in general. Hopefully it continues until England is precisely one pub in Kent.

that was always true but they used to have colonies to pillage for enough money to prop the whole thing up.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

some plague rats posted:

I skipped forward like 5 pages, did coolcab shut up yet

No lol. Why shutup when you can write long boring posts about who the gently caress cares?

Also, I'd like to point out Australia is actually ruled by the Queen of Australia and you can request a portrait of her from your local MP.

Edit: she looks like the British one too, crazy ey

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

hmm...

:thunk:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

CoolCab posted:

no, they never did. it was always an americanism

what about scotch eggs? that's not an Americanism

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

spankmeister posted:

what about scotch eggs? that's not an Americanism

Scotch eggs aren't people

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

this British imperialism is getting out of hand

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

smh these TERFs stop at nothing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol we have food shortages and energy prices are about the sky rocket

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Jose posted:

you could ask the French to sell you some nuclear reactors, I hear they might have a few spare ones

e: oh, they were Diesel submarines. might still use them for generators though.

Zopotantor has issued a correction as of 10:33 on Sep 18, 2021

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zopotantor posted:

you could ask the French to sell you some nuclear reactors, I hear they might have a few spare ones

smdh only diesel and that doesn't line up with boris' bold climate plans

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Zopotantor posted:

e: oh, they were Diesel submarines. might still use them for generators though.

lol the 2GW cable connecting the UK to France for power had a huge fire and is offline until next year so thats millions of homes in the UK losing power

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

didn’t a wargame end early because a single diesel submarine completely trashed the blue team

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

didn’t a wargame end early because a single diesel submarine completely trashed the blue team

A Dutch diesel sub 'sank' the USS Theodore Roosevelt (a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier) in a NATO excercise.

e:

quote:

During this exercise the Walrus (2) penetrates the US screen and 'sinks' many ships, including the US aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71. The submarine launches two attacks and manages to sneak away. To celebrate the sinking the crew designed a special T-shirt. Other ships that are sunk by the Walrus (2) during this exercise are: USS Boise SSN-764, Ro?m DDG-70, R? DDG-61, Ville De Quebec FFH/FFG-332, Stephen W. Grooves FFG-29, Holstein F-216, Vella Gulf CG-55, Mount Whitney LCC-20.

lol

check out the sw8 t-shirt they made

spankmeister has issued a correction as of 11:45 on Sep 18, 2021

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
im p sure that a swedish sub managed to do the same in a different wargame, and fukken lmao if your navy gets clowned on by the goddamn swedes of all people

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The thing about diesel subs is they can run completely silent. Nuclear subs cannot, because at a minimum they have to keep the reactor cooling system running. Coupled with some sneaky use of thermal layers hiding them from sonar and whatnot those diesel boats'll sneak up on ya.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
The French call cellotape "scotch" because they are fools

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Jose posted:

it's very neat that you can't tell what the cause of the problem is because it could easily be two or three cascading failures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hadley freeman has quit at the guardian and blamed corbyn for it lol

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1439182092827561987?s=20