Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dabir posted:

And no more heroes 3 (haven't had a chance to play it yet and trying to stay unspoiled but people whose opinions I trust seem to like it)

if you liked no more heroes 1 and no more heroes 2 despite their many, many faults, then you'll like no more heroes 3, because it has almost precisely that same blend of really fun ideas and really kludgy gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Every time I see video of No More Heros 3 I have this weird urge to play Killer 7. No idea why...

I do hope Patches is not in the game. The man, the myth, the legend had a great run.

acyclicity
Oct 27, 2008

A curious little mouse!
I've heard Psychonauts 2 is good, and that's about the only high profile release I've had any interest in this year. Oh, I guess The Final Cut version of Disco Elysium came out in March, but I dunno' if that counts as a new game.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1438880508323241995?s=20

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

multijoe posted:

I mean ... he has to be in it, right??

leaked trailer his voice actor was in the leaked vid doing the whole narration. ohhhhhh you tragic thing

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It just occured to me that the promo art tarnished character is the spitting image of the bloody crow of cainhurst, quickstep confirmed??

Vikar Jerome posted:

leaked trailer his voice actor was in the leaked vid doing the whole narration. ohhhhhh you tragic thing

haha yes

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

Doesn't sound like he's doing Patches' voice though. Closer to Lautrec's if anything.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

That's not his voice actor. Rather obviously so.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Whoever it was sounded a lot like Geoffrey Rush.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

multijoe posted:

It just occured to me that the promo art tarnished character is the spitting image of the bloody crow of cainhurst, quickstep confirmed??

Isn't quickstep already confirmed because we know basically all weapon arts from DS3 are in? Seems like one of the most important inclusions.

Might actually be good this time too, was never impressed by it in either PvE or PvP.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Brandfarlig posted:

Isn't quickstep already confirmed because we know basically all weapon arts from DS3 are in? Seems like one of the most important inclusions.

Might actually be good this time too, was never impressed by it in either PvE or PvP.

I meant the good quickstep

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I've been playing the Cinders mod for DS3 and even though I'm not really enjoying it since it feels like they just dumped a bunch of random poo poo on top of the original game, and there's tons of stuff just strewn throughout that's like a disembodied head and two legs, and a talk dialogue prompt that takes you to a weird shop that sells who the gently caress knows what (and thats another thing, they added like 5 thousand more items, and a lot of the item descriptions are vague as hell), but I do like the variety in spells. But I started with the hex class and was amazed that you could combo spell casts together, like as quickly as you would swinging a sword or whatever, it's such a simple change and yet it's incredible, and somehow the best feature they added and it's not in any of the soulsborne games, is it? I've at least gotten halfway through each game with some sort of magic build, and beaten almost all of them with magic builds, but I don't remember any spell casting being that quick, but drat I hope they include that in Elden Ring. I guess it might just make magic incredibly op, but it makes pve magic way more fun for me, casting spells in souls games always makes me feel like i'm just mashing R1 even moreso than melee builds do, because of the slow casting speed I really notice that I'm trying to mash R1 so I can shoot the spell as soon as possible.

I was looking closely at all the armor and stuff in the newer batch of screenshots, and the armor/clothing design is so loving good. What kind of weapon in their right hand though, some sort of catalyst?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Looks like a rapier with a fancy basket hilt

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
imo it'd be cool if spells had movesets like weapons. Instead of having 8 different versions of soul spear/arrow just have one spell with movesets. R1 regular soul arrow. R2 heavy soul arrow. Hold R1 for soul spear. Etc.

And yeah, spell combos is a real neat idea too

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

imo it'd be cool if spells had movesets like weapons. Instead of having 8 different versions of soul spear/arrow just have one spell with movesets. R1 regular soul arrow. R2 heavy soul arrow. Hold R1 for soul spear. Etc.

And yeah, spell combos is a real neat idea too

yeah this would be cool, like you equip an element rather than a skill.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Weeb and onion armor sets confirmed

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Why did they call him Big Hat Logan?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

He was infamously afraid of turning 30, like in the cult classic Logan's Run (1976)

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

At first they just called him Hat Logan, but then he named his son Hat Logan as well

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's ironic like how that one robin hood character was named little john because he was so big

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is this guy about to get backstabbed off a cliff by invaders? :ohdear:

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Where have I seen this before…

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That’s not the same thing at all

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Where have you seen that? Getty images search results for 3 dudes on cliff?

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
You damned fool.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
So co-opers are going to be that color now apparently.

Red man ... good?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
No because co-opers are bad. Red man still bad.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fuuuuuck

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

RatHat posted:

Weeb and onion armor sets confirmed

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Colonel Whitey posted:

No because co-opers are bad. Red man still bad.

:hmmyes:

Also - for Big Fat Logan there. Pretty sure that isn't just a hat; its a full on helm. If you zoom in on the 4K version you can see that the brim has rivets all along the edge and above the "brim" is visor.

Can't wait for all the dumb fashion decisions I'm going to get to make in this game.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

If there’s no triangle hat I will be writing Miyazaki a VERY obscure note that doesn’t give any useful information at all

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
"Try tongue, but hole" -tote up a bags

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Curious if the dude on the right is wearing an actual set or if it really is a mishmash. It could go either way, really.

If it is a set I kind of really want to know the Deep Lore reason for it.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Feels like a Don Quixote inspired thing.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Some points from an interview with a fromsoft employee:

Yasuhiro Kitao started by explaining Elden Ring is a typical FromSoftware game with dark fantasy elements, but with several differences from Souls games. One of the novelties is how the game is open world and how it’s seamlessly connected to several dungeons.

You have small and medium-sized dungeons spread on the open world like underground tunnels. And there are what he called “legacy dungeons” which are huge castles and typical environments which also appear in Demon Souls and Dark Souls. One of the ways to enjoy the game is exploring the map and seamlessly discovering and entering areas like that.

Players traverse the open-world field using a horse, called Reima (Ghost Horse), which you can summon anywhere using the whistle. Except inside dungeons. The open world is huge and is designed to be another source of danger, different from the sense of danger you’ll get in dungeons, which adds to the fun. Kitao also touched on how the horse affects battles. For example, as seen in the gameplay trailer, when fighting giant enemies such as dragons, you’d rather be on horseback. But in narrower areas, it’s best to be on foot.

Next, Kitao explained that Elden Ring has no indications like “go to this dungeon next”. You’re free to explore and go wherever you want. Though sometimes you might be completely lost as to where to go next, so there are features that will help in those times, like maps.

Yasuhiro Kitao explained that, unlike past Souls games, you can find pieces of maps in the open world. You can then open the map and set objectives so they appear as pillars of lights to guide you

Yasuhiro Kitao said he’d be “lying” if he stated Elden Ring was easy, but it’s not like the game is hard just to be hard. It’s designed so you can feel a sense of accomplishment when succeeding in doing something or discovering something, and the high difficulty is one of the ways to achieve that.

However, there are several systems that make the game easier to help players, like being able to summon allies. There is also a stealth system like in Sekiro that lets you backstab and oneshot enemies, to avoid harder frontal assaults. And if the dungeon you’ve just reached is too difficult, you’ll always be able to find easier dungeons to level up first, so this will help players a lot too.

Yasuhiro Kitao ended the segment by thanking the fans who didn’t forget about Elden Ring even when they went silent on the game for two years.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
This has to be a spooky haunted castle:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

This game's gonna be better than Bloodborne and then finally I can die in peace

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

tote up a bags posted:

This game's gonna be better than Bloodborne and then finally I can die in peace

yes but velvet veil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am exceptionally excited to play this in four months.