Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Yeah I think y'all mixed up us newbies. I'm Shadowfax and I drafted Dame/Zion last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i actually drafted all those players and they should be on my team

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Chronicles posted:

Yeah I think y'all mixed up us newbies. I'm Shadowfax and I drafted Dame/Zion last time.

Oh shoot. I can fix this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

This is so confusing. We can't do it like this again, the roster tools are not meant to do multiple things at once.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Public service post for anyone else who sucks at remembering names, w links to forums profile/PM screen for trades etc

Also general note that I'm interested in pick swaps in the mid-rounds if you want KD or if I wind up grabbing someone else you had your eye on.

rivetz fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 20, 2022

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Lol so I misclicked and wanted Westbrook

Rick you able to make that fix before next pick goes up?

Edit: or is there a tool to make the swap myself, I just spaced out after clicking a LAL player I had starred, sigh

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

kalensc posted:

Lol so I misclicked and wanted Westbrook

Rick you able to make that fix before next pick goes up?

Edit: or is there a tool to make the swap myself, I just spaced out after clicking a LAL player I had starred, sigh

Done--I think you can hit undo on draft results pages as well until the next person drafts. I don't 100% know for sure since I can't look at it like a non-admin but people refund their picks without me somehow.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Rick posted:

Done--I think you can hit undo on draft results pages as well until the next person drafts. I don't 100% know for sure since I can't look at it like a non-admin but people refund their picks without me somehow.

Gotcha, & graçias!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

kalensc posted:

Gotcha, & graçias!

Not a problem-and also that sounded from me to be more teachy than I was going for, I do not mind doing this!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
You do still need to do the actual drafting of Russ though. :)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
My bad, they moved the commish draft button but I finally found it.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
The blessing and curse of repeat fantasy leagues is knowing w ironclad confidence who another GM is going to draft and gritting your teeth as you scratch em off your board. There are two more picks before mine and approx 0% chance the guy I want will still be there

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I waffled between Russ and Zion but knew Fox wouldn’t make it back around and I’d just rather root for him.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

rivetz posted:

The blessing and curse of repeat fantasy leagues is knowing w ironclad confidence who another GM is going to draft and gritting your teeth as you scratch em off your board. There are two more picks before mine and approx 0% chance the guy I want will still be there
:mad:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

rick loves bam

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
So two people have drafted then cut Anthony Davis?

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Wild to see AD and Kyrie still on the board 25 picks in, legacy of a cursed season

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Red Rox posted:

Yeah...with another on deck who can still change their mind.

It's something that is either going to make all of us look stupid for passing on him (since we all did) or smart if he's healthy this year. I wasn't going to let him go by another round.

Ghost Dog posted:

rick loves bam

I do. That solid ~50 every night was very useful last year.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

Yeah...with another on deck who can still change their mind.

It's something that is either going to make all of us look stupid for passing on him (since we all did) or smart if he's healthy this year. I wasn't going to let him go by another round.

I do. That solid ~50 every night was very useful last year.

The thing with you injury prone guys on stacked teams is that you know they’re going to sit a lot. Even if they don’t suffer any major boo boos, Davis and Irving are going to play 65 or so games between minor scrapes and rest

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

The thing with you injury prone guys on stacked teams is that you know they’re going to sit a lot. Even if they don’t suffer any major boo boos, Davis and Irving are going to play 65 or so games between minor scrapes and rest

Yeah I've had him in Dejan Fantasy the last two years. Davis was good enough a couple years ago that him playing once a week was enough to swing wins in blocks/steals categories which often changed a loss into a win. But last year he was so bad from the field and played so rarely that he was kind of an anchor as an undroppable player in a covid season where I could've used the single IR spot.

Not sure how that works out in an aggregate game instead of categories.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

DeimosRising posted:

Davis and KD were my first picks in Lothlorien last year and drove me nuts all season, this thread is littered with my posts grousing about em. I swore I wasn't going to roll those dice again but at 25th or whatever I had to pull the trigger

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

rivetz posted:

Also I'm probably missing something obvious but the other option here would be to just release the keepers from any teams that we can all agree are inactive, i.e. haven't contacted you and haven't posted in this thread in 2021 or whatever. Anyone too busy to post a "yeah sure" even once in the last six months isn't gonna be engaged in the season anyway; I'd rather have a smaller league than one with 50% dead teams, especially If the injury situation is anywhere as bad.

I do want to say I haven't stopped thinking about this part here. It is unfortunately a normal part of fantasy sports that people go inactive after the first month. And the fact we only had two really inactive teams (both of whom had a good reason) is actually lucky. But there definitely is potential for it to get worse as we expand. So, I think if it gets to the point where we have more than a couple inactive teams around half way through the season, we can explore nationalizing these teams and sending doing a redraft of their benches or something like that.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Red Rox posted:

yeah i realized i was homer drafting / russ will eat into his counting stats even if he's healthy all year, also pop dog shamed me for it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Y'all are drafting a lot better this year, unfortunately for me.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i yearn for quick dejan drafts

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

i yearn for quick dejan drafts

Hey Dejan has been fine!

Lol but uhh . . . we are on pace to not make the start of the season at this point. Do we stay chill for now and then ratchet it up when it gets closer? Or should we switch to like 8 hours during the day on weekdays and 12 hours on evenings/weekends/holidays?

Also if anyone has a better idea than my random draft thing I'm willing to hear it.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Yeah I'm all for putting a timer on picks to ensure we make tipoff.
8 weekday/12 weekend seems fine to me?

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Totally fine by me

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Yea I’ll do my best. I don’t get much if any phone time when I’m at work but I’ll remember to check if I’m up when I do.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Cunningham might be a bit of a reach this early but he would have been my next pick

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Maestro posted:

Yea I’ll do my best. I don’t get much if any phone time when I’m at work but I’ll remember to check if I’m up when I do.

I will keep this in mind for you and be patient. I'm not in a super rush to pick for anyone anyway, it's weird.

rivetz posted:

Cunningham might be a bit of a reach this early but he would have been my next pick

Ha, yeah he originally was going to be my pick on the next swing around but I just had a feeling we were at the point where people were ready to take that swing after so many reliable people were scooped up this round.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Yea Cunningham, that’s a spicy one!

Thanks Rick. On the other hand I genuinely didn’t realize I was up when you sent me the nudge email, so I do have to be better about tracking it. Seems like it’s moving a lot faster this time around but also my job situation could not be more different than it was during the last one

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Sorry I was asleep - I'm on NZ time so please give me 12 hours if it's stuck with me. Should be awake for my next pick tho.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The Maestro posted:

Yea Cunningham, that’s a spicy one!

Thanks Rick. On the other hand I genuinely didn’t realize I was up when you sent me the nudge email, so I do have to be better about tracking it. Seems like it’s moving a lot faster this time around but also my job situation could not be more different than it was during the last one

I appreciate people who have the guts to bet on first and second year guys like Cade and Edwards. I can never do it, I’m too risk averse

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

DeimosRising posted:

I appreciate people who have the guts to bet on first and second year guys like Cade and Edwards. I can never do it, I’m too risk averse
I'm kind of the opposite, I always treat these like I'm making some cool What If bizarro squad, a la getting high and loving around in 2K franchise mode

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

We seem to be on a roll with the draft now.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

Edwards was a stretch too. But he’s gonna get a LOT of burn and his numbers at the end of last season were remarkable. Basically a 25/10 guy. Tough to pass up CP3 (multiple times) but man, we all were, until directly after I drafted A1. He shouldn’t be too hampered by his wrist injury and should be really consistent.
Is the thinking that he’ll get injured or he’ll take a big step back during the regular season and Book will step up? It is a fairly deep team so they might not be relying on CP3 as much either.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

anthony edwards was super good for me last year at the end and hes gonna chuck for sure. gotta respect the mamba mentality in fantasy

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Oh yea I’m glad he’s not on my fan team but you gotta love a remorseless athletic as hell chucker in fantasy. He’s a hooper

Whew it’s getting a little dicey now we’re about past all the Superstars. Tough choices. Not stoked about the options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I almost took Simmons but I’m legit afraid he’s going to sit out a portion of the season at this point