Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Bored Online posted:

joe pesci putting it back togethet

lmao gently caress sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Echo Chamber posted:

The media orgasming over an unfunny Brett Kavanaugh impression

Echo Chamber posted:

The media orgasming over an unfunny Kamala Harris impression

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Echo Chamber posted:

It's been three years since we learned Trump's dick looks like Toad from Mario Kart.

isnt there a theory that he and epstein (who also was described as having "a dick like an egg") had some procedure where they inject fat into your dilz but over time it all gravitates downward

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

this is the funny politics thread tho

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

isnt there a theory that he and epstein (who also was described as having "a dick like an egg") had some procedure where they inject fat into your dilz but over time it all gravitates downward

i bet michael baden knows

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
It's also the anniversary of #RuthkandaForever .

I had no idea Toad Penis and RBG Death were the same day.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Echo Chamber posted:

Toad Penis and RBG Death were the same day.

Thread title pls

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Echo Chamber posted:

No loving way

edit:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
It was the same day in the sense that the World Trade Center and Benghazi were the same day, but they didn't occur simultaneously
:goonsay:

drkhrs2020
Jul 22, 2007

Echo Chamber posted:

poo poo I missed my chance to do #normkanda last week oh well perfect time now

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Carthag Tuek posted:

lmao gently caress sake

Pesci joked about beating the poo poo out of her.

btw kwame kilpratrick did nothing wrong.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Lobe posted:

In retrospect it was cool as hell of her

Yup.

what are other examples of things that aged well but went over like a lead balloon at the time?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
tycho brahe's dead drunk moose

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yup.

what are other examples of things that aged well but went over like a lead balloon at the time?

the candidacy of henry wallace

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
nixon loving muskie

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yup.

michael moore at the oscars

it was a pretty sobering moment when I realized that a lot of people caricatured as wackos in that time period were 100% correct

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yup.

dixie chicks being canceled during the run up to iraq after saying they were ashamed bush was from texas

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Dreylad posted:

it's Shuhada Sadaqat now, thank you

it was more than two weeks it was loving months.

also she was 100% right

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Kitfox88 posted:

dixie chicks being canceled during the run up to iraq after saying they were ashamed bush was from texas

that was a big one, also like that dale earnhardt's ghost account ain't joking. After 9/11 a buncha nascar folks got all misty eyed about a government the entire sport was designed around evading, originally. the hot rod cars were to dodge revenuers originally. fireball roberts was an avowed bootlegger. gently caress the police.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Mike Bloomberg shaking a dog's mouth

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
bill deblasio murdering a groundhog on live television

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
“Those of us who’ve spent hours in New York bathhouses will realise that in one night you can pack in 15 loving relationships and 300 one-night stands, and still be none the worse for wear.”

Michael Gove, Tory minister.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

"We choose to go to the moon and do the other things"

People act like that was the best speech ever lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

bill deblasio murdering a groundhog on live television

lol this was cool

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

tinstaach posted:

michael moore at the oscars

it was a pretty sobering moment when I realized that a lot of people caricatured as wackos in that time period were 100% correct
it wasn't just wrong to oppose the Iraq war, it was wrong to be against the post-9/11 hyper-nationalism or the creepy cult of personality around Bush. what a stupid time that was.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

These people are sick.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Vile

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Trump calling Tim Cook Tim Apple.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Trump calling Rosie a dog to uproarious applause and Roseanne deciding that Ambien forces you to be racist

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Action Jacktion posted:

it wasn't just wrong to oppose the Iraq war, it was wrong to be against the post-9/11 hyper-nationalism or the creepy cult of personality around Bush. what a stupid time that was.
I got caught up in that poo poo because I was so close to NYC and also a 17 year old moron with Republican parents, but even then the Bush worship was pretty loving disturbing. Meeting veterans in college who talked about their experiences in Afghanistan and Iraq (this was a mix of "I've got a story about the hilarious war crimes I've committed," "war is hell no matter what the reason," and "I have no idea why the gently caress we were there or what we were trying to do") was a big part of why I went from College Libertarian to hard left. One consistent thing I notice in retrospect is that Bush worship is confined almost entirely to civilians and no veteran I've talked to aside from people incoherently screaming at anyone they can see has anything good to say about him.

sleeptalker posted:

Speaking of poo poo from when I was in college, one thing from my Public Speaking class was to pick a famous speech and deliver it to the rest of the class as if we were the person who originally done it. I asked and wasn't allowed to use the never-spoken "fate has ordained" speech, so I got contrarian and did the Checkers speech out of spite and took the next two weeks of classes watching random white people running into their time limit while trying to do "I Have A Dream" and the Emancipation Proclamation . I'm pretty sure those two and the JFK moon speech are the only speeches most people my age ever heard.

These are the things I think about when I'm tempted to feel nostalgia for the simpler times of college.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

moist turtleneck posted:

Trump calling Rosie a dog to uproarious applause and Roseanne deciding that Ambien forces you to be racist

"I thought the bitch was white!!!"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

sleeptalker posted:

Most presidential speeches are about what you'd expect from people who are elected by and for the american people

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:laffo: gamemaster melanie.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

The former commissar to my local Trotskyist group lives in DC and unironically talks like this now.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

"Orly Taitz"

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Shrecknet posted:

"Orly Taitz"

lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Adrian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

bill maher saying the 9/11 hijackers weren't cowards and cowardice is lobbing cruise missiles from 2000 miles away was cowardice and getting fired for it and sucking ever since