Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

He appears to be British, it’s a small backwater so they may just be getting the news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

christmas boots posted:

He appears to be British, it’s a small backwater so they may just be getting the news

Malcolm X apparently spoke in Smethwick, so he's got no excuse

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I'd not be surprised if the bulk of the UK have either no idea who he was or only know the bare minimum (black power movement, was killed).

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Uh, Brit here and we actually all know who he is

We loved the show, and especially the actor who played Hal went on to great things

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
To borrow a bit from Almost Live, the brits were hesitant to go see the movie Malcom X, as they hadn't had a chance to see Malcoms I through IX yet.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

Mega Comrade posted:

I'd not be surprised if the bulk of the UK have either no idea who he was or only know the bare minimum (black power movement, was killed).

That’s probably about all the bulk of the US knows as well.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Jokes aside. I remember about a week being spent on American history, but it was broad strokes. MLK was mentioned a fair bit but nothing on Malcolm X. UK school history lessons are about 15% Tudors, 20% industrial revolution and 40% WW2, then the rest is shared amongst the various places we raided, usually in a 'well maybe we shouldn't have done that, but we gave them independence and modernised them so its OK'

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Mega Comrade posted:

Jokes aside. I remember about a week being spent on American history, but it was broad strokes. MLK was mentioned a fair bit but nothing on Malcolm X. UK school history lessons are about 15% Tudors, 20% industrial revolution and 40% WW2, then the rest is shared amongst the various places we raided, usually in a 'well maybe we shouldn't have done that, but we gave them independence and modernised them so its OK'

Oh man, I remember the class being asked what the Native Americans wouldn't have if Europeans hadn't gone across.

That's a loving awful way to glaze over genocide

I think I suggested TV

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

Oh man, I remember the class being asked what the Native Americans wouldn't have if Europeans hadn't gone across.

Smallpox?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Ratjaculation posted:

That's a loving awful way to glaze over genocide

I think I suggested TV

i wonder why the class didn't focus on what they would have had, like two continents and a much higher population :thunk:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

British education is very much a 'we're the good guys, always' approach.

To the point the Tories are now trying to prohibit teachers suggesting the British empire did bad, or even that capitalism is bad.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Ratjaculation posted:

British education is very much a 'we're the good guys, always' approach.

To the point the Tories are now trying to prohibit teachers suggesting the British empire did bad, or even that capitalism is bad.

Stop imitating us Americans or we're telling dad

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Nice try, there's no way Smethwick is the name of a real place.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Stop imitating us Americans or we're telling dad

Kinda hosed up that our dad is imitating us

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Lol is that next to narnia

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

christmas boots posted:

Lol is that next to narnia

Birmingham, so closer to Mordor

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Ratjaculation posted:

Uh, Brit here and we actually all know who he is

We loved the show, and especially the actor who played Hal went on to great things

:haw:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How it started:

EL BROMANCE posted:

The weird dweeb from Wargames is going loving off on Facebook in multi page all cap rants because a waitress he creeps on called him out.

https://twitter.com/karalashbaugh/status/1407149605310042118?s=21

Whole bunch in the replies.

How it's going:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/grease-actor-eddie-deezen-arrested-after-maryland-restaurant-fracas-n1279471

(3 months later and he's obviously still losing his mind over a waitress)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/ookiimarukochan/status/1439249375881048071?s=20

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I sorta understand the 9/11 was an inside job people. 9/11 didn't happen is a new one. There's a poo poo ton of photos of those buildings being there, My mom had visited them before 9/11 and I'm pretty sure she's not deep state. I've visited where they used to be and they certainly aren't there anymore.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

a friend of mine dj'd at the restaurant at the WTC and left a crate of records there and was on the way to get them when it all went to poo poo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Skwirl posted:

I sorta understand the 9/11 was an inside job people. 9/11 didn't happen is a new one. There's a poo poo ton of photos of those buildings being there, My mom had visited them before 9/11 and I'm pretty sure she's not deep state. I've visited where they used to be and they certainly aren't there anymore.

They cgi-d the plane to conceal the controlled demolition. Skwirl more like Sheepl.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

EL BROMANCE posted:

How it started:

How it's going:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/grease-actor-eddie-deezen-arrested-after-maryland-restaurant-fracas-n1279471

(3 months later and he's obviously still losing his mind over a waitress)

That dudes photo is the stereotype of a creepy old guy lol.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

MattO posted:

a friend of mine dj'd at the restaurant at the WTC and left a crate of records there and was on the way to get them when it all went to poo poo

gently caress that's a tragedy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/forexposure_txt/status/1439389039770013699?s=20

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Wow unironic thanks for the Deezen update, I always was hoping he didn't stalk that waitress and wear her skin. I guess the Critters curse is real.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

They cgi-d the plane to conceal the controlled demolition. Skwirl more like Sheepl.

One of my favorite takes in the immediate aftermath was:

The planes had missiles strapped to the bottom of them! Here's some blurry photos to prove it! I was there and I looked up and I saw the plane fire a missile at the building which is what made it blow up ... RIGHT BEFORE THE PLANE ITSELF SMASHED INTO THE BUILDING APPARENTLTY

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

One of my favorite takes in the immediate aftermath was:

The planes had missiles strapped to the bottom of them! Here's some blurry photos to prove it! I was there and I looked up and I saw the plane fire a missile at the building which is what made it blow up ... RIGHT BEFORE THE PLANE ITSELF SMASHED INTO THE BUILDING APPARENTLTY

That was a baffling one. Like, they took a plane, with a cargo hold, and put the explosive payload on the outside because…?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

CaptainBeefart posted:

That dudes photo is the stereotype of a creepy old guy lol.
He's an IRL :quagmire:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
People who get punched in the brain for a living are maybe low hanging fruit, but there's plenty of them that don't go off the deep end like this.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

check the hidden replies on that tweet

definitely not mad

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol what is etymology. (its all people in this case)

Also never mind that language is messy.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

lol what is etymology. (its all people in this case)

Also never mind that language is messy.

FORNICATION UNDER CONSENT OF KING

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bodnoirbabe posted:

FORNICATION UNDER CONSENT OF KING

Backronyms drive me insane. I think it’s because they’re always delivered in the smuggest way possible.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Memento posted:

People who get punched in the brain for a living are maybe low hanging fruit, but there's plenty of them that don't go off the deep end like this.

nah, tito is a special kind of stupid so completely fair. Especially after he ran for public office, then had to step down from the city council because he kept doing dumb poo poo like refusing to wear a mask in council meetings then complaining when they kicked him out but still let him participate via zoom. He's also functionally illiterate, so a perfect rep for HB.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

As much as I hate the lockdown, I hate these loving idiots even more.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

What *is* the rule they're apparently misinterpreting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Pththya-lyi posted:

What *is* the rule they're apparently misinterpreting?

In a pandemic state, Melbourne places a physical limit on how far you can travel from your home, to ensure that outbreaks remain relatively contained. In American terns, meaning that an outbreak in Brooklyn won't require tracing back to Staten Island or something.

That limit went from 5 kilometers to 10. And this is a whole pile of people who weren't adhering to either limit anyway.

It's not misinterpeting a rule, it's ignoring it. The actual question is basically if pet adoption is an essential service that remains open to the public or not, and if that one commenter can be trusted, the answer is 'yes but dog breeders aren't'.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 06:27 on Sep 19, 2021