Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Felix's thing felt like a really bad student presentation that went way over time

Wasn't great but he brought something to the table so I appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFfGgeddAc4

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

I loved the Finkelstein episodes because I had never heard the backstory to him doing his dissertation on From Time Immemorial.

Great interview, not least because he almost confessed to beating the poo poo out of a nazi.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Groovelord Neato posted:

How long does this Felix poo poo go on for

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Soundtracker is a podcast about 90’s movie soundtracks, he’s just released an episode with Will

https://twitter.com/soundtracker_/status/1438916631921635328?s=21

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

do any of you all actually like the podcast

the felix bit owned

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

the felix bit owned

i liked thinking about it because i was aware of the music of the era but i couldn't follow logically

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Heath posted:

Yeah he clearly had an idea percolating but not enough of one to effectively tie it together off the cuff. He's no Matt

Exceedingly few people are

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Previa_fun posted:

the felix bit owned

Liking things is cringe

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

evilpicard posted:

Great interview, not least because he almost confessed to beating the poo poo out of a nazi.

I don't know if I've heard something more Jewish than calling your mother up in the middle of the night because you've discovered some bestselling book is a fraud.

Previa_fun posted:

the felix bit owned

It did not.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Previa_fun posted:

the felix bit owned

I got what he was going for but it was kind of a stretch

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Decided to look up a picture of Kim Du Toit after the latest episode with his manly man column.

Truly an imposing presence.

Questionable trigger discipline, amirite? Looks like that finger is slipping. One of those ladies must have just said something unladylike and he is trying not to correct them with violence with the possibility of photographic evidence of his noble deeds. Not because he is ashamed of himself, no, but because that rifle does not contain enough ammo to correct everyone present. His own fault, really.

Boywhiz88 posted:

https://youtu.be/yJqu246RVlc

This is a Foolio song I discovered a couple weeks ago. It’s absolutely insane w its content. There really is a nihilism in rap that wasn’t as present a decade or two ago.

That young man is sitting directly with his underpants on the ground. That IS nihilistic.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Boss Ross with another banger

https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/1439341949857697794?s=21

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
lol what a loving moron

"you think your mom dying is bad? what if you lost 10 moms? really makes you think"

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
the actual body of the article doesn't read as that moronic, headlines are stupid on purpose

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

One thing Chapo has beaten into my brain is that the New York Times is poo poo.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Tweezer Reprise posted:

the actual body of the article doesn't read as that moronic, headlines are stupid on purpose

i cant read it because of the paywall (also i refuse to read them on principle because theyre garbage)

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

that’s fair! It just bears mentioning I suppose

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The rest of the article is still dogshit even if it's not as dogshit as the headline so it does not bear mentioning at all.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

I mean I disagree, but then you can’t get mad at Ross because he didn’t choose the headline, that’s not how that works

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Tweezer Reprise posted:

I mean I disagree, but then you can’t get mad at Ross because he didn’t choose the headline, that’s not how that works

lol yes i can

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

You do not need to give Ross Douthat the benefit of the doubt.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tweezer Reprise posted:

You absolutely can and I dunno how you can have listened to any of this podcast and think any of these freaks deserve the benefit of the doubt lol.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

side_burned posted:

It's absolute trash, not fit wipe an rear end with.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he;lp

https://mobile.twitter.com/undercovernerd5/status/1439227417277648898

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

side_burned posted:

The show's taught me that "opinion columnist" is one of the best jobs ever. You get paid six figures to fart out the most rock-stupid takes week in and week out, and you don't even have to be a very good writer!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

WrightOfWay posted:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nikaer Drekin posted:

The show's taught me that "opinion columnist" is one of the best jobs ever. You get paid six figures to fart out the most rock-stupid takes week in and week out, and you don't even have to be a very good writer!

unless you're totally repellant to everyone around you, then they'll relentlessly bully you until you quit (haha bari weiss).

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

uber_stoat posted:

unless you're totally repellant to everyone around you, then they'll relentlessly bully you until you quit (haha bari weiss).

She makes more money writing for substack than she did at the NYT. Lmao

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

WrightOfWay posted:

yeah it was a stupid thing to split hairs about, mb

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

AnimeIsTrash posted:

She makes more money writing for substack than she did at the NYT. Lmao

People just can't get enough of those Weisscracks

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Heath posted:

People just can't get enough of those Weisscracks

It's incredible, I have no idea who would legitimately want to read bari's works. Matty also makes a shitload of money off substack lmfao.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
their substacks are most likely propped up by singular large organizations/individuals, just as it ever was

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Columnists at one of the biggest Canadian newspapers kept getting caught either plagiarizing or straight up lying. How do you manage to gently caress up having an opinion once a week?!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

papa horny michael posted:

their substacks are most likely propped up by singular large organizations/individuals, just as it ever was

This is also how right-wing books always hit the bestseller charts.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

papa horny michael posted:

The only thing that makes sense. Her recent twitter thread about the "big stories" on her substack was loving embarrasing.

prefect posted:

This is also how right-wing books always hit the bestseller charts.

I always think of Don Jr throwing a tantrum because on the NYT bestsellers list his book had a dagger next to it (indicates the book got on there via bulk purchases).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would imagine that the Mercers or the Kochs probably throw some bucks at Greenwald/Weiss/etc

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would imagine that the Mercers or the Kochs probably throw some bucks at Greenwald/Weiss/etc

and (above all?) Thiel

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

HannibalBarca posted:

and (above all?) Thiel
Yes I forgot that Thiel is funding that website they are going to use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Bari has been on rogan a few times, she probably got some people from there to pay