Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Beautiful, inspired

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Sep 19, 2021

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
yall motherfuckers gonna end up in fork jail

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Nathen's instagram remains incredibly normal

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Killingyouguy! posted:

I almost forgot he was the youngest Garfield licensee. Good thing he reminded us!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Oh my Viacom,

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Jesus Christ. what the gently caress

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Go figure Nathen would write poems about himself

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as me

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

What an orangy blessing day

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Posting from the goldmine

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
powerful of him to pair godfather with father and today with day

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Escape From Noise posted:

I almost forgot he was the youngest Garfield licensee. Good thing he reminded us!
Anyone have a kid they can get in some kind of deal as a Garfield licensee? I want to watch Nathen explode.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

im jojo siwa

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Killingyouguy! posted:

I;m having a stroke

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Lol

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

:chanpop:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Jojo please license Garfield.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Killingyouguy! posted:

I always wondered what Vogon poetry would actually look like.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
Wait, is that poem implying Nathan lost the license simply because Viacom sold the Garf license to Nickelodeon?

Also I tried to read it aloud to the tune of Lose Yourself and it went okay.
Look
If you only had
One Garf
One Opportunity

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
An orange life full of daisies

and I thought my poetry was bad :lofty:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Killingyouguy! posted:

"You can hear the fans' cries / And their eyes full of tears." :qq:

Indeed.

Tears of laughter! :yeshaha:

Also, I think this is the first time we've learnt that Nathen went all Scooby Doo because the Garfield franchise was taken away from him (no doubt due to the bad publicity caused by his rantings on social media about the landmonster who selfishly expected the rent to be paid).

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think his rants from around the same time about Covid actually being a worldwide sarin gas attack by the illuminati may have something to do with it as well.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Killingyouguy! posted:

Starting to sound like he really does have an unhealthy obsession with Garfield and it's not just an act. I had a handful of doubts before.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

BigBadSteve posted:

Also, I think this is the first time we've learnt that Nathen went all Scooby Doo because the Garfield franchise was taken away from him (no doubt due to the bad publicity caused by his rantings on social media about the landmonster who selfishly expected the rent to be paid).

i love a slow drip of backstory and lore

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

BigBadSteve posted:

Which begs the question as to why WB would allow him to have the license to one of their iconic and longest-running franchises. An oversight? Did he manage to deceive them about his qualifications and actual experiences?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Yaldabaoth posted:

Starting to sound like he really does have an unhealthy obsession with Garfield and it's not just an act. I had a handful of doubts before.

Is there such thing as a “healthy obsession with Garfield” because I’ve gotta be honest, I can’t imagine that scenario

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Agent Escalus posted:

Which begs the question as to why WB would allow him to have the license to one of their iconic and longest-running franchises. An oversight? Did he manage to deceive them about his qualifications and actual experiences?

Hindsight is 20/20. Sure, you could say that any mature, grown-up franchise should've known he was only interested in a cartoon dog because he wanted to make his ex, a cartoon cat, jealous. But, sometimes, when a young entrepreneur says all the right things, you just can't help but believe him.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Hindsight is 20/20. Sure, you could say that any mature, grown-up franchise should've known he was only interested in a cartoon dog because he wanted to make his ex, a cartoon cat, jealous. But, sometimes, when a young entrepreneur entertager says all the right things, you just can't help but believe him.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Agent Escalus posted:

The sense in which he's the franchisee is probably very small. there's probably a limited number of things he can do, I'm sure the same was true of garfield, run a pizza joint okay (he's signing it, he's signing it, omg he's going to pay us money to make Garfield themed pizza), put Garfield in fork-jail well... okay but I doubt he has the right to make a movie or a tv show or something like that.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Agent Escalus posted:

Based on the inclusion of characters from A Clockwork Orange in Space Jam 2, I’m not really convinced Warner actually gives a poo poo about the integrity, perception, and cultural impact of its property. The accountants are pretty obviously running the show.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
EDIT: double-post

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

I showed my poet wife Nathen’s work and she told me, “His line breaks aren’t bad.”

That was the only positive thing she could say.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

We're all trying to find the entergager who did this

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

What is this a reference to?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Elephant Ambush posted:

What is this a reference to?

Russian ambassador to Turkey was assassinated by a security guard at a gala event over Russian participation in Syria, producing a series of striking photos captured by the press in attendance.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

wanted to let yuo all know i am currently pouring BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS into helping my nephew (he's 3) get a license to sell garfield food, this becoming the unequivocally youngest garfield licensee of all time

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

Russian ambassador to Turkey was assassinated by a security guard at a gala event over Russian participation in Syria, producing a series of striking photos captured by the press in attendance.

Thank you. That's pretty funny now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
How much does a Garfield license cost anyway? Could we all chip in a few bucks to make someone’s kid the youngest Garfield licensee?