Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Is Pupkin a revenant :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

"A president and a dog walk into a bar. The bartender's dead. So is everyone else."

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm definitely interested to see where Hierarchy of Genres goes!

Same here

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Ziv Zulander posted:

probably the best pfsc imo

I've definitely posted this before, always makes me tear up a little, always makes me wonder how my dad is doing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

"A president and a dog walk into a bar. The bartender's dead. So is everyone else."

New GY!BE album lookin good

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Glad to hear it! I'll post more tomorrow.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

I thought about doing that but I have no clue who is actually dead

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
That's bullshit! You can't have inner thoughts and thoughts other characters can hear.

gently caress you Snagglefoods.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's time for more Clementine! If enough people go and buy it I promise to stop posting in the sagas thread

Next time: where is Douglas. Is he okay.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

drat, Pupkin breaking the no lies rule he was willing to kill over.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
To be fair he said never lie to pupkin, not never lie. Also what an insane reason to lie about your name.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I don't know if Kay's age has been mentioned before and I just forgot, or if we're just learning it now, but I had assumed she was more like... 6.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Koburn posted:

That's bullshit! You can't have inner thoughts and thoughts other characters can hear.

gently caress you Snagglefoods.

Obviously Pupkin is sending.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

What the gently caress even is snagglefoods

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Garrand posted:

What the gently caress even is snagglefoods

Fuckin,,, be patient. We're getting to that.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Qh3tWImXM

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

Tiggum posted:

I don't know if Kay's age has been mentioned before and I just forgot, or if we're just learning it now, but I had assumed she was more like... 6.

I figured she was a lolrandom 20 something.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
You know, the only reason it's hard to look at Kay as female and Arizona as male is the eyelashes; because they're opposite of what the convention is for non-realistic comics. I wonder if that's intentional.
I suspect not because the author just let the genders slip through via pronouns in the last few pages, as if it was supposed to have been clear/obvious from the beginning (instead of for example trying to conciously do something with the characters where their genders matter to play with the wrong associations that the readers built up based on the visuals).

Ocean of Milk has a new favorite as of 09:52 on Sep 19, 2021

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
Also it really keeps loving with my brain trying to figure out just how alien these supposed aliens are meant to be. Like, Arizona is named after the US state on earth, he speaks english, there was an instance where he could read human writing (on Kay's jacket iirc) and he literally has a notion of the extremely human-specific concept of teenage. But in the next panel he doesn't know what 13 is???
It's infuriating just how little thought goes into this comic.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Someone described softies as feeling vaguely unwholesome and I think about that whenever I see it posted

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Softies world building is simple. When there's a choice between things being alien and things being earthlike, go with whichever option makes the vulnerable young protagonist feel kind of crummy about themselves. That's it.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

ikanreed posted:

I'll pretend to like achewood if someone can tell me what the gently caress Phillipe is supposed to be

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
Some difficulties at the gate.

I like Mr. Knox. I understand him on a spiritual level.

Mr.Chill has a new favorite as of 16:23 on Sep 19, 2021

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I've never seen this comic before and I'm already really invested.

But we should probably link the pages with tiddy.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Boba Pearl posted:

I've never seen this comic before and I'm already really invested.

But we should probably link the pages with tiddy.

Whoops, you're right. Is a censor bar ok?
Main page link -https://hierarchyofgenres.thecomicseries.com/

Mr.Chill has a new favorite as of 13:16 on Sep 19, 2021

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mr.Chill posted:

Whoops, you're right.
Is a censor bar ok?

No, remove it.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
fixed

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Censor bar was fine, Paladinus is doing a thing where he pretends to be IK of the thread and people keep believing it.

Next time censor it with something humorous like Paladinus's face tho

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Splicer posted:

Censor bar was fine, Paladinus is doing a thing where he pretends to be IK of the thread and people keep believing it.

Next time censor it with something humorous like Paladinus's face tho

No body horror comics, TIA.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
How did you find something like this? It has almost no views or likes but is amazing both in quality and in writing, it's really something amazing.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Fuckin,,, be patient. We're getting to that.

Is the alligator dead?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

oh

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
the worldbuilding in pupkin pumpkin dog #3 davey dougiedumdum snagglefood is subtle but solid

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

the worldbuilding in pupkin pumpkin dog #3 davey dougiedumdum snagglefood is subtle but solid

Bobby Crosby is our generation’s Tolkien

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Just when I thought I understood Pupkin

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Boba Pearl posted:

How did you find something like this? It has almost no views or likes but is amazing both in quality and in writing, it's really something amazing.
I read ahead and yeah, pretty neat worldbuilding going on

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Just when I thought I understood Pupkin

im permabanned poster Arrhythmia. i first started reading Pupkin when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "snagglefood" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of pupkin humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" pupkin to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I've definitely posted this before, always makes me tear up a little, always makes me wonder how my dad is doing.

I bet he's glad he can't see that shirt you're wearing!