Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

NienNunb posted:

Lmfao

I had a Wario dream a few years ago where I asked for Super Wario 64 for the GBA for Christmas and got it. The game was a rom hack of Mario 64 where you play as Wario and he bounces on his rear end and farts everywhere. The graphics and frame rate looked super compressed and lovely, like when they made GBA cartridges where you can watch Shrek in <240p scenes. Later that day I saw on the news that everyone’s copies of Mario 64 were now replaced with Wario 64. Everybody was pissed and they all knew it was because I wished for it. My dad came up to me and said “you know you ruined a good thing for everyone, right?”

Lol now I want to play wario 64...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Spiking posted:

just had a dream that my friend and all his groomsmen + me were in desperate need of help to 'prepare' his wedding. No one was sure who to call and everyone was getting really upset, when my friend said "Should we call Wario, or Bob?". I don't know who the Bob was referring to but it made sense in the dream. We decided to call Wario and one of the groomsmen 'called' him by using some kind of wrist-gauntlet power rangers type communicator. He instantly came burrowing up through the floor like a mole, and launched into a huge explanation of how hard it was for him to get here, I.E., he had to fly in a helicopter all the way across the pacific, he had to ride with a caravan of traders through the Sahara desert, etc. I was very skeptical of this in the dream since he INSTANTLY popped up after we hit the communicator. We all told him relax Wario, you don't have to explain, we understand, we like you, at which point he went dead silent, then said "Very nice" and started doing the dishes.

lmao, i can't tell if wario was part of the wedding party or if he's just some pooka everyone knows about who's cursed to do manual labor.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I had a dream last night that I was working at some small store (like CVS sized) that never had customers and was failing. The owner was about to go bankrupt so as a last ditch effort he showed up with a mech like from the one from the Titanfall campaign but way smaller. It was a bit bigger than person sized (the person's legs fit into the mech legs) so it could fit in the store but it still had all the guns and missiles. His idea was that they could promote it as a 'shopping exoskeleton' and customers would want to come and walk around the store in it while buying stuff for fun. So he put up a big sign in front of the store that said something like "TRY OUR NEW SHOPPING EXOSKELETON" and then left.

A few minutes later this gross redneck guy came in all excited to try out the mech. He had like food stains smeared all over his face and clothes and was wearing overalls but was so fat that he couldn't buckle them and the front part just flapped around. He jumped into the mech and start slapping buttons and like spinning around super fast shooting bullets and missiles and loving up the store. The mech then charged through a wall and went straight into a small lake outside and immediately sank into the bottom. Then it did the mech explosion thing from Titanfall underwater but the redneck guy never ejected or anything so I guess he died. The owner came back and started screaming about his store and called the cops and they arrested me for negligence

lmfgao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was thinking about buying Deathloop and decided not to for now, partially because I read about how there's only one very specific way to actually win and complete the game, which makes it feel like less of a big freeform assassination puzzle to work out and more just a matter of working out the set path it wants you to do.

Anyway that was clearly playing on my mind and I dreamed I was playing Deathloop but every time you went remotely off the mission path, the main character started mumbling "drat, hosed up the deathloop" over and over, just playing the exact same line on repeat until you got annoyed and killed yourself. I kept trying to avoid it but he would do it for the most minor reasons, like at the start it gave me a choice of items and I picked the wrong one even though there was no indication it was wrong and it let me pick all of them up anyway.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I was thinking about buying Deathloop and decided not to for now, partially because I read about how there's only one very specific way to actually win and complete the game, which makes it feel like less of a big freeform assassination puzzle to work out and more just a matter of working out the set path it wants you to do.

Anyway that was clearly playing on my mind and I dreamed I was playing Deathloop but every time you went remotely off the mission path, the main character started mumbling "drat, hosed up the deathloop" over and over, just playing the exact same line on repeat until you got annoyed and killed yourself. I kept trying to avoid it but he would do it for the most minor reasons, like at the start it gave me a choice of items and I picked the wrong one even though there was no indication it was wrong and it let me pick all of them up anyway.

lol

drat… those Arkane bastards are gonna pay for looping when I died

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Vincent : Oh man, I hosed up the deathloop.
Jules : Why the gently caress did you do that!
Vincent : Well, I didn't mean to do it, it was an accident!
Jules : Oh man I've seen some crazy rear end poo poo in my time...
Vincent : Chill out, man. I told you it was an accident. You probably picked up the wrong item or something.
Jules : Hey, I didn't pick up no motherfucking item!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

Vincent : Chill out, man. I told you it was an accident. You probably picked up the wrong item or something.

lol

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

symbolic posted:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

symbolic posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

symbolic posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Had a weird dream that went all kinds of different places but it ended with me trying to get into an Antifa secret base in the NYC subway. I told them I was with Col. Misato Katsuragi’s unit and they told me I had to get a blood test to make sure I wasn’t infected (with what I don’t know). I went into a small room to wait for the doctor and sat down next to Mario himself, who was waiting for Luigi to be done with his blood test. Suddenly Luigi walked in from the next room looking visibly shaken. Mario hopped up and asked Luigi what was wrong. Luigi pointed to his chest, then his waist, and finally his crotch, saying “First they WAH, then they WOOHOO, then they WAHOOOO”

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmfao

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Had a weird dream that went all kinds of different places but it ended with me trying to get into an Antifa secret base in the NYC subway. I told them I was with Col. Misato Katsuragi’s unit and they told me I had to get a blood test to make sure I wasn’t infected (with what I don’t know). I went into a small room to wait for the doctor and sat down next to Mario himself, who was waiting for Luigi to be done with his blood test. Suddenly Luigi walked in from the next room looking visibly shaken. Mario hopped up and asked Luigi what was wrong. Luigi pointed to his chest, then his waist, and finally his crotch, saying “First they WAH, then they WOOHOO, then they WAHOOOO”

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

roflamo

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao good lord

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
i don't usually dream about games, but sometimes it happens

i was playing some new game with a sort of retro-y style (might have been ps2-quality graphics crushed down to a low resolution to imitate FMV) where you basically flew a drone with a laser gun on a scripted path ala starfox through various rural villages, vanquishing the servants of the mad god that had taken over that village (each village had a different presiding mad god that needed to be booted out)

the only level i remember, the enemies were spiders with butterfly wings and the resident mad god was voiced by special guest todd howard

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The Kins posted:

i don't usually dream about games, but sometimes it happens

i was playing some new game with a sort of retro-y style (might have been ps2-quality graphics crushed down to a low resolution to imitate FMV) where you basically flew a drone with a laser gun on a scripted path ala starfox through various rural villages, vanquishing the servants of the mad god that had taken over that village (each village had a different presiding mad god that needed to be booted out)

the only level i remember, the enemies were spiders with butterfly wings and the resident mad god was voiced by special guest todd howard

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dreamed that i was back in high school and every day after class i'd take the subway (that my irl city doesn't have) to an out-of-the-way vintage games store owned by Wilt from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. one day i asked him how he went from starring in the show to running a back-alley video game shop and he got visibly depressed and started shrinking until he vanished completely.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

symbolic posted:

dreamed that i was back in high school and every day after class i'd take the subway (that my irl city doesn't have) to an out-of-the-way vintage games store owned by Wilt from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. one day i asked him how he went from starring in the show to running a back-alley video game shop and he got visibly depressed and started shrinking until he vanished completely.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

lmao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

symbolic posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

symbolic posted:

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

symbolic posted:

Lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Luigi pointed to his chest, then his waist, and finally his crotch, saying “First they WAH, then they WOOHOO, then they WAHOOOO”

this has become an intrusive thought making me laugh at random intervals

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

symbolic posted:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

symbolic posted:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A tiny part of my dream last night was game related. In my dream I was trying to get some sleep but the tv was playing world premier game trailers. I distinctly remember hearing they’re making a third X-Men Legends game, and that they’re releasing it for the PS2 again. But I wouldn’t look up at the tv to see the gameplay, just laid there listening to it with my head under the covers. I said at one point “Plato’s allegory of the cave”.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

NienNunb posted:

A tiny part of my dream last night was game related. In my dream I was trying to get some sleep but the tv was playing world premier game trailers. I distinctly remember hearing they’re making a third X-Men Legends game, and that they’re releasing it for the PS2 again. But I wouldn’t look up at the tv to see the gameplay, just laid there listening to it with my head under the covers. I said at one point “Plato’s allegory of the cave”.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

last night i had a dream that i was home alone - my wife had taken the kids out to visit her family to give me a break. i'd stocked the fridge with beer and i was just going to kick back, play video games, watch tv and relax by myself. i went to the kitchen to get a beer out of the fridge and a Flan Princess () from final fantasy 4 was in my kitchen. it looked kind of goofy and badly put together, sort of like a half-assed muppet crossed with a blancmange from that one monty python sketch, a really low budget monster, but somehow that was even more unsettling. it had a voice a lot like Droopy Dog, and it was very polite, constantly saying things like "good sir" and "i wonder if you can find it in your heart." it said it hadn't meant to startle me but that it was terribly thirsty and wanted to know if could spare it one of my Gatorades. i gave it one and it tossed the whole thing into its mouth. it kept apologizing for being a bother and asking for more, tossing anything i gave it into its huge mouth and then making a few up and down munching motions. i gave it more gatorades, some seltzer, and a quart of lemonade. then it asked if it could have some ginger ale, and i apologized, but told it that those were my wife's.

"oh, not to worry at all," it said, and it gave me this big smile, but it seemed like a mean smile somehow. it just sat there, grinning at me for a minute, and i wondered if i should just go back to the living room. it was really unnerving just standing there in silence across from it. suddenly, out of nowhere, it said "i killed your ex, you know." it should have felt silly because of how ridiculous it looked and sounded, but i knew somehow that it will telling me the truth, that my ex who died a few years back of myalgic encephalomyelitis had somehow gotten sick because of this thing. "your college friend too," it said (a friend from college recently died of ovarian cancer). "also your grandmother. pretty soon i'm going to kill your stingy wife." i got furious and reached to throttle the thing and just came up with a handful of pink blanket. i threw the blanket on the floor and started crying. the dream logic seemed to forget my family was away, because my son came in carrying a blue blanket. "it's okay daddy. you can have this blanket," he said, and when i looked at it, the Flan Princess face was on the front, laughing a kind of low chuckle. i screamed myself awake.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

last night i had a dream that i was home alone - my wife had taken the kids out to visit her family to give me a break. i'd stocked the fridge with beer and i was just going to kick back, play video games, watch tv and relax by myself. i went to the kitchen to get a beer out of the fridge and a Flan Princess () from final fantasy 4 was in my kitchen. it looked kind of goofy and badly put together, sort of like a half-assed muppet crossed with a blancmange from that one monty python sketch, a really low budget monster, but somehow that was even more unsettling. it had a voice a lot like Droopy Dog, and it was very polite, constantly saying things like "good sir" and "i wonder if you can find it in your heart." it said it hadn't meant to startle me but that it was terribly thirsty and wanted to know if could spare it one of my Gatorades. i gave it one and it tossed the whole thing into its mouth. it kept apologizing for being a bother and asking for more, tossing anything i gave it into its huge mouth and then making a few up and down munching motions. i gave it more gatorades, some seltzer, and a quart of lemonade. then it asked if it could have some ginger ale, and i apologized, but told it that those were my wife's.

"oh, not to worry at all," it said, and it gave me this big smile, but it seemed like a mean smile somehow. it just sat there, grinning at me for a minute, and i wondered if i should just go back to the living room. it was really unnerving just standing there in silence across from it. suddenly, out of nowhere, it said "i killed your ex, you know." it should have felt silly because of how ridiculous it looked and sounded, but i knew somehow that it will telling me the truth, that my ex who died a few years back of myalgic encephalomyelitis had somehow gotten sick because of this thing. "your college friend too," it said (a friend from college recently died of ovarian cancer). "also your grandmother. pretty soon i'm going to kill your stingy wife." i got furious and reached to throttle the thing and just came up with a handful of pink blanket. i threw the blanket on the floor and started crying. the dream logic seemed to forget my family was away, because my son came in carrying a blue blanket. "it's okay daddy. you can have this blanket," he said, and when i looked at it, the Flan Princess face was on the front, laughing a kind of low chuckle. i screamed myself awake.

oh my god lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Good lord lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lmao in horror at the dream but can I ask how your ex died of chronic fatigue if you don't mind? didn't think that was a thing and my girlfriend has it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lmao in horror at the dream but can I ask how your ex died of chronic fatigue if you don't mind? didn't think that was a thing and my girlfriend has it lol

heart failure is what's on the death certificate i think, but there were a lot of other problems, including a lack of health insurance, a bout of homelessness, and a history of self-medicating with alcohol. don't worry about your girlfriend. my understanding is that a huge part of the problem with CF/ME is that it can sort of make a person invisible because they aren't able to get out and socialize, so that your girlfriend has a supporting partner is a big step up from what was going on with my ex.