Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Oh Snapple! posted:

Extremely normal way to view an employee not being satisfied

I mean, Cage himself is having an extremely normal one here. It's not like the people in this thread are dunking on an employee from an abusive/exploitative workplace who's trying to unionise. This is Brian Cage whose grievances are boiled down to "I'm not pushed enough" despite the multiple attempts at a push where he could have showcased all those skills he listed to their full extent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
brian cage's unrivaled crowd interaction of looking annoyed and asking Who Betta

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

He's in an extremely new company packed full of stars way bigger than he is that is still trying to build a fan base with half the television time of their competitor each week

His promo skills are garbage and the only real thing he has going for him is his gassed up look and he's not in a company obsessed with bodies

Everyone else on the roster seems to understand that TK is doing the best he can with the time he has and he's trying to give as many stories to as many people as he can (the dude has like 20 going at any given time) while still building a company and a fan base and keeping fans happy but all Cage does is complain on twitter like Ryback

If he's unhappy go somewhere where you will be happy - it's the same recommendation as people unhappy in WWE but he seems like the kind of guy that isn't going to be happy regardless of where he is unless he's given some sort of Hulk Hogan style run

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The funniest thing is, logically, with what's going on right now with the Team Taz/Punk feud, is for Punk to team up with Cage to fight Team Taz.

Gotta wonder if Cage is hurting his chances by whining like this.

Also, Dreamer released a statement:

https://twitter.com/THETOMMYDREAMER/status/1439633637809459200?s=20

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It is fun to see people share the kind of unhinged vitriol for minor things that I demonstrate for
people like Braun or Ryback. I am not alone in being insane, like my PSP friends.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol I'm so tired of these white text on black background sorry if I offended you apologies especially from guys who on that very show complained about how people get offended by anything nowadays

Just say I understand I hurt people and it was stupid to victim blame. When I see 'offended' in an apology my brain just checks out

The next step in the process is to find jesus and start saying only god can judge him

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Orange Carlisle posted:

When I see 'offended' in an apology my brain just checks out

Clearly

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How many 'I apologize to those I offended' apologies do you need to see before you realize they don't actually give a poo poo and are hitting the I think I just ruined my career button

at least he added hurt and victim shame in there which is still better than like 90 percent of them

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tommy sucks and an apology doesn't really fix anything but he didn't do the thing you're insisting on. offended is a real word and was grouped with better words for what he did. there is no "if"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

tommy sucks and an apology doesn't really fix anything but he didn't do the thing you're insisting on. offended is a real word and was grouped with better words for what he did. there is no "if"

Yea I get why seeing the word offended can recall all those sorry not sorry apologies but this doesn’t read like that to me. He was dumb as hell for what he said and it was malicious, but I hope he can legitimately change his point of view and do better.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Didn't he say on the very episode he's apologizing for that people are too easily offended nowadays or am I remembering wrong

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Orange Carlisle posted:

Didn't he say on the very episode he's apologizing for that people are too easily offended nowadays or am I remembering wrong

He did. Not sure why they're on your rear end for not buying Tommy's generic "Sorry that you're offended" apology.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm not on anyone's rear end lol. it's fair to believe the apology is bullshit. just seems weird to see it as a "sorry if you were offended", where the person clearly and openly doesn't even feel like they did anything wrong

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Long-Time Lurker posted:

He did. Not sure why they're on your rear end for not buying Tommy's generic "Sorry that you're offended" apology.

Because that's not what that apology is.

Sorry THAT I offended you and sorry IF I offended you are two different things. One claims responsibility and one does not.

That being said the apology means poo poo if he doesn't back it up. Work with RAINN or something and then I'll listen.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Sorry but I just can't trust an apology from a man with two ponytails

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MotU posted:

He’s set our community back years with this poo poo, I may have to either stop wearing two or add a third and my hair isn’t that long.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MotU posted:

lol

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I think it is important to keep in mind that Tommy Dreamer has a severely injured brain.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Critical posted:

Because that's not what that apology is.

Sorry THAT I offended you and sorry IF I offended you are two different things. One claims responsibility and one does not.

That being said the apology means poo poo if he doesn't back it up. Work with RAINN or something and then I'll listen.

Okay, I see what the argument is now. Though while he didn't explicitly do the "Sorry if..." apology, he sure as heck felt the need to mention that it wasn't his intention to offend, hurt, or victim-shame anyone, which might as well be the same thing.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

is it lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don’t think one necessarily needs to care one way or the other about what Tommy Dreamer, a man who’s brain looks like a cartoon wedge of Swiss cheese, says or doesn’t say. Come on now.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If Tommy had killed Heyman then himself at mania17, would WWE have finished the PPV? Could it have stopped Austin from turning heel?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I dunno, I think Tommy Dreamer can go gently caress himself

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I don’t think one necessarily needs to care one way or the other about what Tommy Dreamer, a man who’s brain looks like a cartoon wedge of Swiss cheese, says or doesn’t say. Come on now.

fair

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

yea ok posted:

is it lol

Is it not? Unless one can argue that what he said on Dark Side of the Ring wasn't meant to offend, hurt or victim-shame, then what he's saying here is the same as "Sorry if you're offended." Both suggest that it is us who're misconstruing what he'd said on the show, turning the offensive thing into a mere hypothetical.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

One of my earliest wrestling memories is watching Tommy Dreamer brushing his teeth with urinal water on wwf monday night raw. We need to hold this man accountable.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Is it not? Unless one can argue that what he said on Dark Side of the Ring wasn't meant to offend, hurt or victim-shame, then what he's saying here is the same as "Sorry if you're offended." Both suggest that it is us who're misconstruing what he'd said on the show, turning the offensive thing into a mere hypothetical.

don't know

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Just how sincere was the carny? Did we quantify this yet?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Get Zizek on the phone to deconstruct the 30 word twitter apology. Thezsh wordzh...Do not mean, what iszh szhaid, on the pictzhure. The traszh can.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MotU posted:

nothing further needed to be posted about it after this, really

I gained a new perspective

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Agreed. Let's go back to dunking on Brian Cage so I don't have to wonder why it's such a stretch to not believe a man with two ponytails.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I very distinctly remember something from an interview with Dreamer in WOW magazine from, like, 99? He was asked a question and he answered "wow, what a great question! Could you please repeat it? I get hit in the head a lot." I'm pretty sure I'm remembering this word for word.

Why do I bring this up now? I'm bored at work, and I just remembered it a few minutes ago. Sorry to bother you, everyone.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

If Tommy had killed Heyman then himself at mania17, would WWE have finished the PPV? Could it have stopped Austin from turning heel?

Vince on headset - “Send out the paramedics, the gurneys, the mop and bucket, and send out Cornette to replace Heyman on commentary.”

Vince to JR - “Tell the fans Heyman would have wanted the show to go on, no refunds, yada yada.”

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Grant DaNasty posted:

Vince on headset - “Send out the paramedics, the gurneys, the mop and bucket, and send out Cornette to replace Heyman on commentary.”

Vince to JR - “Tell the fans Heyman would have wanted the show to go on, no refunds, yada yada.”

It’s not even a question - unless the police ordered the show ended and made the arena a crime scene, Vince absolutely would have continued with the show. He’s an unfeeling sociopath.

Best case scenario the rest of the performers would loving revolt because, you know, one of them was murdered on live TV, he’d end the show and do a tacky rear end ECW/Paul E memoriam with all the remaining matches from X7 put in on Raw next day.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you’d think the police would show up at Raw given how many burials they show on tv every week

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
If you are Brian Cage and your entire career is I'm super swoll, can't talk, and I just wanna get my poo poo in (Mr GMSI), it's hilarious to think you should be in in the upper card on a roster that may be close to all time.

You already have Wardlow and he isn't a Drake Younger stan.

Ward-low

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
I'm laughing at the thought of Cage showing up to a new town, then shirking his responsibilities to instead pitch a tent at the highest point.

But it's like a pup tent and he barely fits, and all you can see are his angry eyes glaring out

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol I'm so tired of these white text on black background sorry if I offended you apologies especially from guys who on that very show complained about how people get offended by anything nowadays

very curious, what is your preferred colour scheme for an online apology?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah dude that's what they don't like about it, you got it in one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

light mode insincere apology? thats pretty cringe, bro