Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I hate the Texans and all but they deserve a lot of credit for this win, even if it was over a really bad looking jags team. People were talking about 0-16 being in play for them even before the Watson rape stuff came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

People were talking about 0-16 being in play for them even before the Watson rape stuff came out.

Where would the one tie have come in

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Did the tv broadcast catch Titans fans booing Lewan when he came back from an injury? lol

He was godawful. I hope it’s just rust from the knee but jeeeeeeeeerze

idk i kinda stopped paying attention after Chandler Jones' third sack

he's cooked and they have no replacement lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chris James 2 posted:

Where would the one tie have come in

One of the Titans games so they could manage one last 7-9

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Trying to find positives in that game:

-brown still rules
-the red zone defense seemed pretty good overall just couldn't handle kylers speed to expend plays

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Codependent Poster posted:

They played into the Seahawks strength which is their front 7. Like I understand the Colts want to run the ball, but they didn't go downfield or target the WRs nearly enough. I think they then weren't afraid of the deep ball at all and just attacked the line without being worried about being beat deep.

Their most successful drives came on spreading the field and throwing to WRs. Not nearly enough of that.

Whoops you need a starting qb to do that stuff.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

-brown still rules
-the red zone defense seemed pretty good overall just couldn't handle kylers speed to expend plays

Chester Rogers looked good.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Metapod posted:

Same only with Jacksonville.

Only thing that gives me hope is that, for as lovely a game as Lawrence had, he still passes the eye test. But you can't loving drop him back 51 times, leave him in the game late in the 4th to potentially get killed and just totally forget you have a running game down by 14 early. This scheme doesn't look like it's going to do him any favors.

Urban Meyer already appears to be lost out there and in way over his head as an NFL coach. I don't recall seeing a sloppier and less prepared team on week 1 in some time. Multiple illegal formation penalties, false starts and poo poo like that against a team like Houston is bleak.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I know the “incoming heart problems” joke is lazy but I’ll be dipped in poo poo if it doesn’t pan out that way

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Dreading going into Seattle today. With how badly we played last week, not super confident today

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
We have already won. I seent it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah I felt when the schedule released we'd start 1-1 so today is an easy w

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I think we're going 0-2, just a rough start to the season. Entirely possible we lose to the division to the Texans(?) weirdly enough, but that's always how it's been, the weirdest possible team rising to the top.

Way too early to doomsay, might back into the playoffs, but last week was pretty dispiriting. Will love to be wrong.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Colts Titans both meet at 0-2 week 3 for the right to lead the division. Book it.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Yeah, after last week I'm not sure the Colts defense gives up any less than 30 and I'm not sure the offense is up to that.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Athanatos posted:

Yeah, after last week I'm not sure the Colts defense gives up any less than 30 and I'm not sure the offense is up to that.

the only hope is that the Bears kinda shredded the Rams with the run. Maybe with Fisher playing Taylor/Mack/Hines can control the flow of the game and keep our defense on the sidelines until Rhodes comes back.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmfao that indy goalline attempt

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

so strongly do I feel the Texans are going to get slaughtered that I just going to a baseball game today instead :cheers:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Julien Davenport is trying to personally sabotage the Colts season.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Colts are gonna have a great run defense because everyone will just keep passing on them. drat the secondary might as well not exist.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Codependent Poster posted:

The Colts are gonna have a great run defense because everyone will just keep passing on them. drat the secondary might as well not exist.

Rhodes is out and everyone else is bad.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lewan ruled out

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

somebody gonna tell Wentz to stop trying those shovel passes?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Lewan ruled out

Firkser and jayon too. Not great bob!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Firkser and jayon too. Not great bob!

Wait whats wrong with Jayon????

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Metapod posted:

Lewan ruled out

not sure that they'll miss him

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
loving put taylor lewan out on the clothesline bc motherfucker is washed

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Colts season over. Wentz probably tore his acl and Eason loving sucks.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

EvilBeard posted:

Colts season over. Wentz probably tore his acl and Eason loving sucks.

The season wasn't over when Wentz was the Colts hope for a good season?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Athanatos posted:

The season wasn't over when Wentz was the Colts hope for a good season?

Wentz hasn't been bad.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
There’s always Cam

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Over/under on Urban Meyer even finishing the season? I'll bet good money he quits by the bye week.

This team is amateur hour and probably the biggest joke of a franchise in professional sports. It's been really something to watch after a semi decent start in the mid to late 90's. You'd think a team would become good through the sheer amount of top 5 draft picks and the law of averages.

Jacksonville is a poo poo town and an even shittier franchise that deserves everything it gets and they're going to ruin Trevor Lawrence. Downtown is a wasteland. All of those rednecks leaving the game could walk 5 loving miles and not find a place to eat or grab a drink. Worst part of it might be that, as lovely as the whole operation is, they're still the biggest thing going in this Podunk town, throw their weight around with impunity and somehow get this entire city to suck their dick.

I've worked a lot of places that deal with their marketing and printing and I swear to god everyone here jumps through whatever hoops they say to. They should pay the fans to go watch that bullshit. Instead, they make it harder for fans attend games. Jacksonville has a "skyway" that doesn't go anywhere near the stadium and has spent the last 5-10 years closing parking lots.

TL/DR: Jaguars, Kahn and Meyer are a bush league joke.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Texans covered the spread, which is all I could ask for after Taylor went down.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Over/under on Urban Meyer even finishing the season?

how do you think over/under works?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

EvilBeard posted:

Wentz hasn't been bad.

Went a is honestly the part of the team that works

Sadly nothing else really did

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Khari Willis has been abysmal.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah outside of the bonehead INT Wentz played pretty well.

Can't really judge Eason based on his first action being that situation. Next week will be a better indicator of how good or bad he really is.

But the Colts will get to keep their first round pick!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Wait whats wrong with Jayon????

Knee. Same for lewan

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Davis Mills didn't look good but gently caress it it's a lost season any ways let the rookie play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

So what happened to Tyrod I wasn't watching? Also what kind of drat curse is on that man, is that three seasons in a row of being injured with a rookie behind him?