Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Leperflesh posted:

They were all always available at least online, like on Amazon or something (not used/reseller, I mean new stock) or would come back in stock in a month, if my local game store didn't have them. Although I only bought like... seven or eight extra ships, so maybe I missed a shortage at some point? In any case it was never the Games Workshop style "one run of this highly desirable product, and never any more, ever again".

In Canada, as I said earlier in the thread, we were getting close to the level of having to preorder stock like it was a video game it was so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf0s9Q5KcBE

I want them

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Those look great.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Might be time for a second team

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
They're awesome. The face on the Khornegor has a similar look to the old dog faced Bloodthirster, and I love it

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Warcry and Munda are all thats left. Plus a surprise? We'll see.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
look i don’t have anything insightful to say but i’m still really enjoying Nu Kill Team. took my Imperial Guard for a spin minus the ten plasma guns and while the first match was a crash lesson on how quickly Guardsmen die outside of Conceal it’s been a real blast, can’t emphasise how much more fun it is than KT2018

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Hello! Apologies, I haven't read much of the thread, I'll go back and start doing that to see if it's answered after posting, so apologies if you keep going over this kind of question, but:

I'm thinking of getting into Necromunda now lockdown is lifting properly again here in England, as a bunch of my friends who used to play are getting back into it.

I quite like the look of the Police Men with big riot shields, and also of the big robot thing, the Ambot? I would really only want to play models with riot shields, (Except for maybe the Police Chief / Leader guy?) because I just much prefer how they look with.

Is this a list that I could feasibly play and actually have fun games playing? Would I be annoyed in the long run?

I hear that they don't get to buy things from a trading post, which sounds like it basically means their average equipment is better, but they don't get to randomly get really powerful stuff in league play? Is that about the size of it? Would I massively care about that / do you still get a nice levelling up progression with them that makes leagues fun?

Is the Ambot a dick move / screwing myself over? Also, are these guys likely to get more releases? I'm not especially fussed about that, I like the idea of just building like 10-12 dudes and being totally done.

Do you magnetize all the bits in case you want to do different customization?

Sorry for what I'm sure are annoyingly common questions, thanks for any help / tips!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey, just wondering...does anyone have tips for playing against Chaos Dwarves with Amazons in Blood Bowl 2? I managed to win 2-0 against the dark elves in the first game of this season in my friends' league, however one of my blitzers died and another is MNG...so currently I'm down two blitzers, so it's looking rather bleak.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with Chaos Dwarves, but guessing I should mostly try to avoid being tangled up with his dwarves, so that he has to blitz to attack with them. And I assume I should gang up on his hobgoblins where possible, in order to remove his more agile players. Aside from that though, I've got no idea! I feel like I'm very much unlikely to win this game, but I'm hoping I can scrape by with a tie at best, or at least reduce the amount of injuries I take.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Scandalous posted:

look i don’t have anything insightful to say but i’m still really enjoying Nu Kill Team. took my Imperial Guard for a spin minus the ten plasma guns and while the first match was a crash lesson on how quickly Guardsmen die outside of Conceal it’s been a real blast, can’t emphasise how much more fun it is than KT2018

I've been doing teaching games with friends, just simple lists of stuff like tau/dark eldar/marines and no secondaries. The idea is just to make the focus of the game into learning how LOS and orders work. By the end of Turning Point 1 they get the gist of it and then in Turn 2 poo poo goes down as everyone goes loud. It's been super fun. I can't wait to test drive the kommandos, I've been keeping it simple while teaching as it seems a little gatchya to throw that many specific rules at new players.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:

Major Isoor posted:

Hey, just wondering...does anyone have tips for playing against Chaos Dwarves with Amazons in Blood Bowl 2? I managed to win 2-0 against the dark elves in the first game of this season in my friends' league, however one of my blitzers died and another is MNG...so currently I'm down two blitzers, so it's looking rather bleak.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with Chaos Dwarves, but guessing I should mostly try to avoid being tangled up with his dwarves, so that he has to blitz to attack with them. And I assume I should gang up on his hobgoblins where possible, in order to remove his more agile players. Aside from that though, I've got no idea! I feel like I'm very much unlikely to win this game, but I'm hoping I can scrape by with a tie at best, or at least reduce the amount of injuries I take.

Sometimes you just get bad matchups - and for you this (along with dwarves) is one of them.

You're right, try and tie up or screen off his slow moving dwarves, run away and target the hobgobs if you can as they are likely his ball carriers. If you have enough bodies then you can foul any of his expensive players (bulls, dwarves) that end up on the floor and hope for the best. Good luck!

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

!Klams posted:

Hello! Apologies, I haven't read much of the thread, I'll go back and start doing that to see if it's answered after posting, so apologies if you keep going over this kind of question, but:

I'm thinking of getting into Necromunda now lockdown is lifting properly again here in England, as a bunch of my friends who used to play are getting back into it.

I quite like the look of the Police Men with big riot shields, and also of the big robot thing, the Ambot? I would really only want to play models with riot shields, (Except for maybe the Police Chief / Leader guy?) because I just much prefer how they look with.

Is this a list that I could feasibly play and actually have fun games playing? Would I be annoyed in the long run?

I hear that they don't get to buy things from a trading post, which sounds like it basically means their average equipment is better, but they don't get to randomly get really powerful stuff in league play? Is that about the size of it? Would I massively care about that / do you still get a nice levelling up progression with them that makes leagues fun?

Is the Ambot a dick move / screwing myself over? Also, are these guys likely to get more releases? I'm not especially fussed about that, I like the idea of just building like 10-12 dudes and being totally done.

Sorry for what I'm sure are annoyingly common questions, thanks for any help / tips!

Looks like there is a 2019 FAQ that lets them buy stuff from the trading post. Goonhammer had a sample list that is 6 folks with riot shields, but you start with minimal ranged combat capability. Probably not a great idea, even Corpse Grinders tend to bring something that can shoot. Grenadelaunchers and the Overwatch skill are always handy, and the concussion carbine sounds like an even better grenade launcher.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Redvenom posted:

Sometimes you just get bad matchups - and for you this (along with dwarves) is one of them.

You're right, try and tie up or screen off his slow moving dwarves, run away and target the hobgobs if you can as they are likely his ball carriers. If you have enough bodies then you can foul any of his expensive players (bulls, dwarves) that end up on the floor and hope for the best. Good luck!

Thanks! We'll see how it goes. I think my team value is like, 860, so hopefully I get enough petty cash to hire a second apothecary - since I'll certainly need 'em! I think fouling might be my best bet, yeah.
Gang up on a centaur, knock it down, then stomp on his ankles. If things are looking bad, I could start doing that with my key players, in the hopes that they'll be kicked from the game. Since at least that way I'll have the core of my team relatively intact for next game, if nothing else! :D

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Assembled my Krieg boys sans bases, since I tend to two-sided tape them to things to paint them. Game looks like a lot of fun. I see some complaining but most people seem to agree that while List-Building is simpler, it's also much less the main determining factor of the game. There's so much terrain! Holy poo poo. It looks good though.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Major Isoor posted:

Thanks! We'll see how it goes. I think my team value is like, 860, so hopefully I get enough petty cash to hire a second apothecary - since I'll certainly need 'em! I think fouling might be my best bet, yeah.
Gang up on a centaur, knock it down, then stomp on his ankles. If things are looking bad, I could start doing that with my key players, in the hopes that they'll be kicked from the game. Since at least that way I'll have the core of my team relatively intact for next game, if nothing else! :D

If you have enough of a team value gap, it would be worth hiring a tough, resilient star player to give the dwarves something else to think about rather then feasting upon your delicious AV8+ amazons. Not sure who Zons can hire at the 200-300 price point, but something with high strength and armour would be handy.

Edit: Unsurprisingly, it looks like they have access to the same star players as Lizardmen, so (if they still exist), the special Saurus or even Kroxigor might be doable with your budget. Otherwise Zolcath the Zoat could be pretty handy.

Squibsy fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Sep 20, 2021

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Squibsy posted:

If you have enough of a team value gap, it would be worth hiring a tough, resilient star player to give the dwarves something else to think about rather then feasting upon your delicious AV8+ amazons. Not sure who Zons can hire at the 200-300 price point, but something with high strength and armour would be handy.

Edit: Unsurprisingly, it looks like they have access to the same star players as Lizardmen, so the special Saurus or even Kroxigor might be doable with your budget.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I didn't know the game lets you hire Saurus star players! (I mean, it makes sense lore-wise, but I figured they'd probably just lump you in with the humans, star player-wise) I might have to do that, and hopefully punch a few dwarves. Good idea - that should hopefully give my 'zons some breathing room

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Major Isoor posted:

Hmmm, that's interesting. I didn't know the game lets you hire Saurus star players! (I mean, it makes sense lore-wise, but I figured they'd probably just lump you in with the humans, star player-wise) I might have to do that, and hopefully punch a few dwarves. Good idea - that should hopefully give my 'zons some breathing room

I fear that Lizardmen are one of the teams whose star player roster got absolutely savaged with the new edition, so the saurus and Krox may have been deleted from the game (despite having only been created one or two Spike! editions prior to the new edition.)

I'm pretty certain Zolcath is available still and he's certainly tough and beefy.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Cross posting from the mini thread. Didn't realize there was a necromunda appropriate thread, cool!

Made some Van Saurian

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Those are awesome

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

They are dumb as poo poo and I love them.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

!Klams posted:

Magnetize everything ! Or at least everything with a reasonable set of options or that might come off when you don't want it to.

Oh god, Sister Superior has so many options.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Crackbone posted:

They are dumb as poo poo and I love them.

How loving dare you but also yes

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

!Klams posted:

So, where are you in England? My group is in Birmingham and we're having a great campaign right now.

The Enforcers are a perfectly OK gang. Not the strongest if played to the full potential, but Necromunda is basically never played to its full competitive potential because it gets really dumb that way. Enforcers have some nice weapons available, their fighter statlines are mediocre, but then again the Skills they can access are excellent. They have 2 issues, their Sergeants (equivalent to other gangs' champions) are limited to 2 maximum, and in one of the Campaign types, Dominion, they can only stop other gangs claiming territory, not claim it themselves (which is the main way to boost your income between games). Both of these things are widely house-ruled away. The Trading Post thing has also been FAQ'd, Enforcers are allowed to use the trading post freely - again something you may want to discuss with your group, newer rules restrict most gangs' normal fighters to their House list weapons, with Trading-Post weapons only being available for Leaders, Champs and other special fighters. So if you wanted to play truly fair with other gangs, you might shop for trading post weapons for your Captain and Sergeants, while using 'issued' equipment for Patrolmen and Rookies.

So you can indeed play a gang with just the riot shield guys, but that basically limits you to grenade launchers, thrown grenades and melee weapons. You will obviously have more flexibility and be in a stronger position if you open your ranks up to other weapon types - the bolters and concussion carbines which your Palanite (lighter armour) guys can take are excellent, flexible mid range weapons.

Ambots are strong options, you certainly won't be handicapping yourself there! Equally, no one will think you're a dick for taking one. You can't RAW include one at the outset, you would need to wait until after your first game of the campaign to recruit one.

I don't usually magnetise because I like every (human size) model to be its own finished, complete piece. But you could certainly magnetise the Subjugator (riot-shield enforcer) hands at the wrist to swap between pistols, batons and grenade launchers, there's nothing too technically challenging in their assembly.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Cross posting from the mini thread. Didn't realize there was a necromunda appropriate thread, cool!

Made some Van Saurian

I mean, these are just great. Well done!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ok I got some goofy rules interaction questions regarding Kill Team 2021:

1: The tau stealth suit's camouflage rule states "Each time an enemy operative makes a shooting attack, unless it is within 2" of this operative or it is a subsequent attack made as a result of the blast special rule, this operative is always treating as being in cover for that shooting attack."

Now does that mean that the model is always in cover, IE literally can't be shot no matter what (even if it is in clear LOS like in the middle of nowhere) while in conceal order? Or does it not affect visibility, and is just for the sake of defense dice?

2: Friendly models can use other models to block LOS.

Does this chain? I'm very sure this is against the spirit of the rules and will not work, but can you run a stealth suit in the middle of the board in conceal, then conga line a bunch of dudes behind it, and so long as all of them are in conceal they literally can't be shot from most angles?

Edit:

If all the tau had conceal orders, can this marine can see any of them.

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 21, 2021

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Squibsy posted:

I fear that Lizardmen are one of the teams whose star player roster got absolutely savaged with the new edition, so the saurus and Krox may have been deleted from the game (despite having only been created one or two Spike! editions prior to the new edition.)

I'm pretty certain Zolcath is available still and he's certainly tough and beefy.

Well, I played last night. Didn't seem like I had any Lizard options - just some bog standard star player options, which were all too expensive anyway.

Ended up being an awful game - I was rolling 1s and 2s non-stop! My catcher died on turn two or three (double-dead, thanks to my apo), then nothing went right after that. I managed to get a few hits in, but I couldn't even get a stun on a hobgoblin, let alone a KO or an injury. I reckon if I was up against a halfling team I would've lost too, due to the awful rolls alone!

I even rolled a one for my winnings, so I can't afford a replacement catcher or blitzer. Ah well, I've now got to look forward to...two matches against Orc teams, with my depleted 'zon team...uh oh! Hopefully I can start getting decent rolls again, and keep my players alive.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Spanish Manlove posted:

Ok I got some goofy rules interaction questions regarding Kill Team 2021:

1: The tau stealth suit's camouflage rule states "Each time an enemy operative makes a shooting attack, unless it is within 2" of this operative or it is a subsequent attack made as a result of the blast special rule, this operative is always treating as being in cover for that shooting attack."

Now does that mean that the model is always in cover, IE literally can't be shot no matter what (even if it is in clear LOS like in the middle of nowhere) while in conceal order? Or does it not affect visibility, and is just for the sake of defense dice?

1. It's the defense dice thing. Too bad the marine can't mag dump and take down the whole line.

But check step 2 of the Shoot action again. "A valid target is an enemy operative's Line of Sight that has no friendly operatives in its Engagement Range." And the line of sight rules say, "If the intended target has a Conceal order, it is in the active operative's Los if it is: 1. Visible, 2. Not Obscured, 3. Not in Cover", and "For an intended target to be Visible, the following must be true: You can draw an imaginary, unblocked straight line... 1mm wide from the head of the active operative's miniature to any part of the miniature of the intended target..."

Nothing in the Stealth Battlesuit's special rule overrules that. They're in Cover at more than 2" range, so you can retain one defense dice as an automatic success. If they're Concealed, nothing can take that away, notably Vantage Points.

The marine can target the battlesuit (which will get the benefit of Cover), and probably some of the miniatures behind it (your point #2), but you'd need a laser pointer to prove it.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Major Isoor posted:

Well, I played last night. Didn't seem like I had any Lizard options - just some bog standard star player options, which were all too expensive anyway.

Ended up being an awful game - I was rolling 1s and 2s non-stop! My catcher died on turn two or three (double-dead, thanks to my apo), then nothing went right after that. I managed to get a few hits in, but I couldn't even get a stun on a hobgoblin, let alone a KO or an injury. I reckon if I was up against a halfling team I would've lost too, due to the awful rolls alone!

I even rolled a one for my winnings, so I can't afford a replacement catcher or blitzer. Ah well, I've now got to look forward to...two matches against Orc teams, with my depleted 'zon team...uh oh! Hopefully I can start getting decent rolls again, and keep my players alive.

Wait, you rolled for winnings? If it’s 2nd Season ruleset, you should be doing Dedicated Fans + d3 for both players averaged out, plus 10k/touchdown, unless your league is doing different.

In similar Blood Bowl stuff, my Dark Elves are up against Necromantic this week and I’ve got 185k to spend. I’m down a Blitzer this week, so I’m debating being boring and grabbing a Block/Dodge merc, or going spicy and trying something like Willow Rosebark and a team mascot.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Major Isoor posted:

Are you me? Because that sounds exactly like how my league seasons go. BB is a complete pain in the rear end and an exercise in misery, yet it can also a truly fun game. The past few seasons, I (well, the PC) have been rolling terribly and losing players left and right, never able to keep up with the rest of the teams (we had four players total, and would shuffle in four AI teams per round.) This season, I'm playing Orcs and am doing great (knock on wood, next game is coming up) and am having a good time for once. I think the big issue is that once you lose hard, it can be really difficult to get your footing again, especially if you lose players. I haven't played the new version yet, so I don't know if this has been addressed, but I wish there was an underdog mechanic whereby you got bonus winnings just for going up against a better team. I know you get journeymen and incentives, but they often don't help a whole lot.

Good luck with your Orc games - stay the hell away from them and hope you can get in and gang up on some players. Foul the hell out of them!

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Don't know much of new Blood Bowl but zons used to be one of the most polarized team. They could be super killy vs elves and humans and they could also be just bad Norse vs anything with mighty blow and tackle. They used to have cheap rrs and the lineswomen freebooters where pretty good for taking hits. Chaos Dwarfs would just own them unless it was fresh teams with no mb. Then you targeted the hobbos, but once the team is mature and you have 6 blockers, 2 bulls and maybe a BG suddenly it was easy to hide the hobbos, They had one ball carrier and the rest had dirty player. Amazon did not mature very well even though they where frustratingly, absurdly good a low team values.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Hedningen posted:

Wait, you rolled for winnings? If it’s 2nd Season ruleset, you should be doing Dedicated Fans + d3 for both players averaged out, plus 10k/touchdown, unless your league is doing different.

In similar Blood Bowl stuff, my Dark Elves are up against Necromantic this week and I’ve got 185k to spend. I’m down a Blitzer this week, so I’m debating being boring and grabbing a Block/Dodge merc, or going spicy and trying something like Willow Rosebark and a team mascot.

Oh, this is BB2 on PC I'm talking about. Seems like it's a roll for winnings, unless I've been horribly mistaken this whole time? Might also influence fan factor I guess.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Are you me? Because that sounds exactly like how my league seasons go. BB is a complete pain in the rear end and an exercise in misery, yet it can also a truly fun game. The past few seasons, I (well, the PC) have been rolling terribly and losing players left and right, never able to keep up with the rest of the teams (we had four players total, and would shuffle in four AI teams per round.) This season, I'm playing Orcs and am doing great (knock on wood, next game is coming up) and am having a good time for once. I think the big issue is that once you lose hard, it can be really difficult to get your footing again, especially if you lose players. I haven't played the new version yet, so I don't know if this has been addressed, but I wish there was an underdog mechanic whereby you got bonus winnings just for going up against a better team. I know you get journeymen and incentives, but they often don't help a whole lot.

Good luck with your Orc games - stay the hell away from them and hope you can get in and gang up on some players. Foul the hell out of them!

Thanks! And yeah, journeymen just aren't that great. The fact that they have Loner just makes them terrible, in my experience. They end up just being there to give assists to your actual players and perform fouls. Which isn't the worst thing in the world I suppose, but I'd prefer a basic liney over that, since at least I can reroll with them when I inevitably roll double-skulls. (Then reroll into more double-skulls, naturally)

And yeah, I think I'll be trying to perform a lot of fouls! :D Just break their blitzers' legs and hope for the best against the rest, haha

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

MRLOLAST posted:

Don't know much of new Blood Bowl but zons used to be one of the most polarized team. They could be super killy vs elves and humans and they could also be just bad Norse vs anything with mighty blow and tackle. They used to have cheap rrs and the lineswomen freebooters where pretty good for taking hits. Chaos Dwarfs would just own them unless it was fresh teams with no mb. Then you targeted the hobbos, but once the team is mature and you have 6 blockers, 2 bulls and maybe a BG suddenly it was easy to hide the hobbos, They had one ball carrier and the rest had dirty player. Amazon did not mature very well even though they where frustratingly, absurdly good a low team values.

Yeah I haven't played new version of BB but amazons used to be great at low value and bad at high value games, and also have extremely obvious hard counters. It was, well, not one of the better designed team overall.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Zons is just a free win vs a team like chaos at low levels. It's good because it made the chaos coaches unhappy.
In BB2 ruleset that is. At higher TV the zon coach could enjoy seeing the chaos slaughter some dwarfs in the game before they had to play.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

mllaneza posted:

1. It's the defense dice thing. Too bad the marine can't mag dump and take down the whole line.

But check step 2 of the Shoot action again. "A valid target is an enemy operative's Line of Sight that has no friendly operatives in its Engagement Range." And the line of sight rules say, "If the intended target has a Conceal order, it is in the active operative's Los if it is: 1. Visible, 2. Not Obscured, 3. Not in Cover", and "For an intended target to be Visible, the following must be true: You can draw an imaginary, unblocked straight line... 1mm wide from the head of the active operative's miniature to any part of the miniature of the intended target..."

Nothing in the Stealth Battlesuit's special rule overrules that. They're in Cover at more than 2" range, so you can retain one defense dice as an automatic success. If they're Concealed, nothing can take that away, notably Vantage Points.

The marine can target the battlesuit (which will get the benefit of Cover), and probably some of the miniatures behind it (your point #2), but you'd need a laser pointer to prove it.

I have a different interpretation of basically all of this.

My assumption is that when the stealth suit's ability says "when an opponent makes a shooting attack", it means that the ability takes effect from the start of the opponent's shoot sequence. Step 2 of the shoot sequence is "Select valid target", and at that point, the stealth suit is in cover and has a conceal order, so is not a valid target.

If the ability was meant to only provide cover saves and not affect targetability, I would expect the ability to read something like "when an opponent makes a shooting attack that targets this operative" or "when an opponent makes a shooting attack, in the roll defence dice step,", etc.

For the second point, the rules essentially say that another operative's base counts as cover. And again, cover + conceal order = not valid target. No need to measure visibility.

I would rule that the above marine cannot target any of those tau. (but the tau have spent a whole turn, 25% of the game, to arrange themselves like this and not shoot or fight, so they probably lose the game. Nevermind that they are only protected from that one marine and not others, and only if he doesn't have a grenade)

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Did we ever get any word on what exactly happened with cursed city?

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

(no)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ristolaz posted:

I have a different interpretation of basically all of this.

My assumption is that when the stealth suit's ability says "when an opponent makes a shooting attack", it means that the ability takes effect from the start of the opponent's shoot sequence. Step 2 of the shoot sequence is "Select valid target", and at that point, the stealth suit is in cover and has a conceal order, so is not a valid target.

If the ability was meant to only provide cover saves and not affect targetability, I would expect the ability to read something like "when an opponent makes a shooting attack that targets this operative" or "when an opponent makes a shooting attack, in the roll defence dice step,", etc.

For the second point, the rules essentially say that another operative's base counts as cover. And again, cover + conceal order = not valid target. No need to measure visibility.

I would rule that the above marine cannot target any of those tau. (but the tau have spent a whole turn, 25% of the game, to arrange themselves like this and not shoot or fight, so they probably lose the game. Nevermind that they are only protected from that one marine and not others, and only if he doesn't have a grenade)

The conga line is just a goofy hyperbolic example to prove a point. Realistically I'd just have them do the buddy system where a fire warrior or drone gets paired with a stealth suit to then move across the board and do objectives together.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Spanish Manlove posted:

The conga line is just a goofy hyperbolic example to prove a point. Realistically I'd just have them do the buddy system where a fire warrior or drone gets paired with a stealth suit to then move across the board and do objectives together.

Honestly until a FAQ comes out, seems like it might be effective. The way that cover lines work, it seems like it's fairly easy to hide behind another model

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Too many curses

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ristolaz posted:

Honestly until a FAQ comes out, seems like it might be effective. The way that cover lines work, it seems like it's fairly easy to hide behind another model

It's a dumb strategy that gets nullified by vantage points (which should be on every board) but can seemingly be effective at certain parts of a board.

I submitted a form on Goonhammer about it but idk how to ask GW about clarification. Maybe make a Reddit post and get them interested in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

City was gentrified can't go back.