Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Did Injustice ever do anything other than Superman messily murdering heroes, then a hero or two kicking his rear end via last stand lucky shot before getting messily murdered in return?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Calaveron posted:

Did Injustice ever do anything other than Superman messily murdering heroes, then a hero or two kicking his rear end via last stand lucky shot before getting messily murdered in return?

Yes

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

ToxicFrog posted:

Pretty much the only DC I read is what shows up here + Funny Panels, but it's always bothered me that with the GL rings, capable of creating anything you can imagine (as long as it's green), 99% of the use they get just seems to be creating a big hammer or big shield.

It's refreshing to see somewhat more creative use.

That one Green Lantern who was a cartoonist before getting the ring put it to rather more creative use, as I recall. It's not the rings fault that the previous users were an ex-Marine and Guy Gardner, ex-cop and dumbass extraordinaire

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Calaveron posted:

It did a lot of stuff with Harley Quinn, and showed how good Tom Taylor can be. The problem was that there were certain beats he had to do.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Superman revealed Batman's identity on Twitter. That was funny. Injustice is good stuff.

It's also the only time I've read a good Harley Quinn in comics.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

Superman revealed Batman's identity on Twitter. That was funny. Injustice is good stuff.

It's also the only time I've read a good Harley Quinn in comics.

Technically it was Damian Wayne who did that

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Man, Injustice Damian is *such a poo poo*. Not just for that, but for a bunch of other things as well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Man, Injustice Damian is *such a poo poo*. Not just for that, but for a bunch of other things as well.

12 year olds who abandon their father for a fascist god tend not to be great people

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Technically it was Damian Wayne who did that

Hey, it was posted on Superman's account so he gets to claim the retweets and likes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

It did a lot of stuff with Harley Quinn, and showed how good Tom Taylor can be. The problem was that there were certain beats he had to do.

Yeah ultimately the story has to end with "Superman in charge of fascist world" because the game has to happen and that story's already written.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Yeah ultimately the story has to end with "Superman in charge of fascist world" because the game has to happen and that story's already written.

Yeah, but outside of "These characters have to stay alive, and this is how your story arc this year has to end to match up with the game" they were allowed to go hog wild, and boy howdy did they ever.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Alfred punching the poo poo out of Supes was fuckin' baller.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, but outside of "These characters have to stay alive, and this is how your story arc this year has to end to match up with the game" they were allowed to go hog wild, and boy howdy did they ever.

And even that they played with more than a bit. I know they killed off Ollie and then brought in an alternate universe version of him at one point.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zore posted:

And even that they played with more than a bit. I know they killed off Ollie and then brought in an alternate universe version of him at one point.

Sort of. Basically Black Canary 'died' fighting Superman but Dr. Fate basically hosed reality to give her a chance to escape to a safe place with a just-slightly-to-the-left-universe-wise version of Ollie. This actually got retained for Injustice 2 which is why Green Arrow is back there.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

And then Taylor did Injustice 2 which is even better.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The annual story with Plastic Man in Injustice was absolutely fantastic.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I love "Hey, thanks, Killer Croc"

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That one Green Lantern who was a cartoonist before getting the ring put it to rather more creative use, as I recall. It's not the rings fault that the previous users were an ex-Marine and Guy Gardner, ex-cop and dumbass extraordinaire

Actually, it is the ring's fault. The ring chooses the next user on the death of the Green Lantern wearing it.

Unless that's not canon anymore.

Stupid ring.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Oh yeah, I forgot about that bit. Dumbass ring.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It chooses someone who can overcome great fear and show their entire rear end pressed ham straight to Batman's face.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The ex marine was a architect originally and they ex marine was added due to the cartoon. John Stewart is also a great character. He is not someone who goes headfirst into a yellow billboard or slips on soap in the shower hitting his head.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Push El Burrito posted:

It chooses someone who can overcome great fear and show their entire rear end pressed ham straight to Batman's face.

Makes sense, fear and imagination are connected.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Kalli posted:

The annual story with Plastic Man in Injustice was absolutely fantastic.

I will forever love this page.

"He is literally sitting on a throne."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I just love that, even if only for a second, he gets Cyborg to actually think about it and look up at Sinestro.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

That entire story is absolutely amazing, both for being a great story as well as an object less of why anyone should be absolutely terrified of Plastic Man.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah to be honest most of Injustice, both the comics and the games, are hit and miss, and for the original comic it was definitely mostly miss, but the Plastic Man annual was straight up a fantastic story.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of being terrified of Plastic Man:

DCeased: Dead Planet #2

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

DigitalRaven posted:

That entire story is absolutely amazing, both for being a great story as well as an object less of why anyone should be absolutely terrified of Plastic Man.

yup. you'll notice in the throne room sequence they got five heavy hitters in just to talk to him and it's very clear why. i dunno what the outcome would have been but since plastic man is afaik more or less impervious to harm i dunno which way it woulda gone.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Is Plastic Man ever shown without the goggles?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CannonFodder posted:

Is Plastic Man ever shown without the goggles?

At least once, in JLA #52. They'd been separated into their civilian identities and superhero identities for reasons that escape me and Eel beat up Bruce Wayne.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure that, aside from the aforementioned forced separation, the goggles are just straight up fused to his face, like they're part of him. I mean, I'm sure he could morph himself regular eyes if he wanted to but I guess he just likes his look and I respect that.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
My biggest problem with Injustice is how it characterizes Wonder Woman. She’s just awful in those games

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

My biggest problem with Injustice is how it characterizes Wonder Woman. She’s just awful in those games

I think it stands out that Injustice Wonder Woman is so absurdly lovely that they actually had to retcon in a new backstory for her to justify her personality change when literally every other character is just "Pretty much the ideal version of the character."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I think it stands out that Injustice Wonder Woman is so absurdly lovely that they actually had to retcon in a new backstory for her to justify her personality change when literally every other character is just "Pretty much the ideal version of the character."

Injustice Superman is absolutely mot an ideal version of Superman.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Injustice Superman is absolutely mot an ideal version of Superman.

Do I really need to clarify "at the start of the story" or do you think I mean that Hal Jordan Yellow Lantern Traitor or Inexplicably Evil Cyborg was the best version of the character?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Do I really need to clarify "at the start of the story" or do you think I mean that Hal Jordan Yellow Lantern Traitor or Inexplicably Evil Cyborg was the best version of the character?

The latter, because that's how a lot of DC fans frame Injustice and Superman has gotten like-- a lot of poo poo in the last 20 years.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TwoPair posted:

I'm pretty sure that, aside from the aforementioned forced separation, the goggles are just straight up fused to his face, like they're part of him. I mean, I'm sure he could morph himself regular eyes if he wanted to but I guess he just likes his look and I respect that.

He just walks around nude the whole time, why would goggles be any different?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

ToxicFrog posted:

Pretty much the only DC I read is what shows up here + Funny Panels, but it's always bothered me that with the GL rings, capable of creating anything you can imagine (as long as it's green), 99% of the use they get just seems to be creating a big hammer or big shield.

Lobo had some creative uses for ring constructs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Azubah posted:

Lobo had some creative uses for ring constructs.

Injustice is too good for this world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

ToxicFrog posted:

So, that ring you got there, what does it do...

That. That. That.

Holy crap, what doesn't it do.

"CATCH!" <tosses grenade>

It doesn't make you smarter.

-- Tommy Monaghan, reading Kyle Rayner's mind.