Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Cory Parsnipson posted:

True. I think I'm favoring Raiden at the moment. :hai:

She's actually a great support. XQ level of application quality for her element with a good explosive burst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Right, I have to get Inazuma weapon materials now

Mihoyo can we have a FGO-style grinding event to cover basic mats for a good while? (no)

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

booksnake posted:

The host player would need to be equal or lower World Level to the new player which makes it exceedingly unlikely that the new player does not already have Inazuma access at that point

Wow, that sucks. Thanks for the info.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Lowering WL wouldn't even work because you don't get that until WL5 at AR40, but you can get to Inazuma at AR30.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I don't like that Raiden's e. skill doesn't trigger when only shielded enemies are in range. Doesn't help bring down the shields, doesn't generate any particles. At least with Fischl she applies electro while off-field to help bring down shields and even if she's fighting fully immune electro slimes her skill still generates particles for the benefit of everyone.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

New abyss mechanics made me dust off my Barbara and actually use the Jean I've been idealistically investing in this entire time.

Good fun, no new character needed. Still will probably roll on the fish lady if I think she's fun.

Yoimiya was the only recent dud. Her numbers were fine but snooze toggling elemental damage on attack strings was even more boring than diluc.

I want characters that are interesting and bring new playstyles and strategies to the table. I'm happy with what Raiden has in that regard and starting investing in Sara after learning her atk buff stacks with bennetts.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Let's do a 10 pull. maybe we can get that new 4 star

Ok, that works too

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
I've been playing daily since launch and I've still never gotten 2 5* on a single 10-pull. Congrats.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

same, and I'd love mona and raiden constellations. I'm jealous

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Chuckled a bit at Beidou's tournament where you meet the guy who took out two treasure hoarders unarmed, and Paimon relentlessly clowns on him for being a normie

Sucks if you don't have magical powers!

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
I finally found a Bennett on my last 10 pull for this banner, and got enough stardust for a XQ. Probably opens up a lot of options.

Do either of those work better in a lineup of Razor, Sara, Kaeya, Barbara? Replace Barb and Sara both maybe, or do I want the electro resonance?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Twisc posted:

I finally found a Bennett on my last 10 pull for this banner, and got enough stardust for a XQ. Probably opens up a lot of options.

Do either of those work better in a lineup of Razor, Sara, Kaeya, Barbara? Replace Barb and Sara both maybe, or do I want the electro resonance?

XQ doesn't add a lot there, but you'll get XL for free and she'll want Bennet and XQ, so you could probably just roll with your current team and then form a XL/XQ/???/Bennet team for team B.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bennett and XQ mostly unlock other options for you in terms of carry, like good Diluc or Yoimiya teams. Diluc/XQ/Bennett/Sucrose is his common team, while for Yoimiya you can either do monopyro Yoi/Bennett/Sucrose/shielder or basically copy the Diluc team, albeit with Yoimiya vaporizing fewer of her hits than Diluc does.

you can run XQ with the Razor/Kaeya duo but he's not a replacement for a full healer so that team could run into issues if Sara is your fourth slot rather than a more consistent healer. at which point keeping Barb in might be more efficient?

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Kokomi trailer is out and it's... thoroughly uninspiring, imo. I love the character trailers usually so I'm surprised at how flat this one felt.

Edit: watched it again in CN and JP and I think the main problem is I don't think the EN voice actor conveys a more than one dimensional character (pretty pretty mermaid princess).

ExtrudeAlongCurve fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Sep 20, 2021

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
oh word, I do have Diluc and Sucrose

Diluc Sucrose XQ Bennett
Razor Kaeya Sara Barb

idk about sara, the 6s buff is pretty annoying, but it might be the best I can do for now. i'm guessing replacing barb or sara with bennett will hurt because of overload?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

did they make a second whale model for her trailer or is that the same one they used for the childe boss fight with a different texture i wonder

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I don't think Sara makes much sense with Razor.
She generally prefers stuff that snapshots upon cast, since it negates the downside of her attack buff. Razor just wants to stay on the field for a long time, so he doesn't really benefit much from her.
I've mostly been running her on teams that swap a lot or with Bennett for the stacking ATK buff. Bennett giving Sara the additional boost for her own burst is also kinda nice.

It doesn't necessarily matter that much if you're still early, since their buffs aren't going to be huge when you're starting out. The elemental damage and reaction probably matter more, so I'd recommend running something with Sara that helps to trigger Overload or Electro-charged from her skill. The elemental resonance isn't going to matter that much. Do you have Saras second constellation?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i dunno about the cringe eng VA but this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj9lJWoanLA

beautiful, song slaps, truly makes you depressed that rolling and playing her will not be anything like this lmao

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

as much as i try to fight it, my overriding thought watching these is always sympathy for the video editors who have to squeeze a whole trailer outta characters with 2 moves.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
kung fu punchin milage may vary*

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004

Zwiebel posted:

It doesn't necessarily matter that much if you're still early, since their buffs aren't going to be huge when you're starting out. The elemental damage and reaction probably matter more, so I'd recommend running something with Sara that helps to trigger Overload or Electro-charged from her skill. The elemental resonance isn't going to matter that much. Do you have Saras second constellation?

I am pretty early game still. Not rly looking to pair Sara with anything, more looking for a better Razor lineup without her.
What about Razor/Kaeya/Barbara with Beidou or XQ instead of Sara? I feel like that actually gives me more but I'm still figuring this all out. So many synergies to learn

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

_jink posted:

as much as i try to fight it, my overriding thought watching these is always sympathy for the video editors who have to squeeze a whole trailer outta characters with 2 moves.

That bit where they pad out Yoimiya's trailer with that scene of her and a random nobushi watching the fireworks was funny

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Kokomi trailer is out and it's... thoroughly uninspiring, imo. I love the character trailers usually so I'm surprised at how flat this one felt.

Edit: watched it again in CN and JP and I think the main problem is I don't think the EN voice actor conveys a more than one dimensional character (pretty pretty mermaid princess).

It feels a little backwards to have the EN voice be higher pitch than the JP one.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

RareAcumen posted:

Screaming and tearing my hair out like Ted Buckland as I complete this Specter dispatch mission and nothing drops anything yet again.

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I was so excited to get specter drops, which I haven't felt like farming.

Why Mihoyo why

I hope you learned your lessons :colbert:

I swear I'll stop once I pass 2k (...blue ones) :shepface:

When the next 5 characters all use specter poo, we'll see who'll get the last laugh

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Twisc posted:

I am pretty early game still. Not rly looking to pair Sara with anything, more looking for a better Razor lineup without her.
What about Razor/Kaeya/Barbara with Beidou or XQ instead of Sara? I feel like that actually gives me more but I'm still figuring this all out. So many synergies to learn

That seems nice, yeah. I think you've got it down.
Avoiding Sara is a good idea, since new players can't upgrade her for a long time (and she's finnicky in general).
The main thing to look out for with Razor is getting a character that can trigger superconduct. You might know this already, but it bears repeating since it isn't super obvious: Superconduct reduces enemy physical resistance for 12 seconds and Razor specifically has + physical damage as his ascension stat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

I hope you learned your lessons :colbert:

I swear I'll stop once I pass 2k (...blue ones) :shepface:

When the next 5 characters all use specter poo, we'll see who'll get the last laugh

I would've farmed them more actively if I knew Aloy was going to get a glitch to her mora costs in the future! I would've taken her to 90 just based on it only taking 420,000 mora alone!

None of my resource reserves are that high. I have 228 Slime Concentrate and everything else of that tier is either above 100 or below 100 if it didn't show up from Inazuma. Because those are lucky to be above 20 after leveling Raiden and Aloy.

_jink posted:

Yeah, I was really feeling that watching the Kujou Sara one. Not the most interesting class to watch someone else play, I gotta say.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Sep 20, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I would've farmed them more actively if I knew Aloy was going to get a glitch to her mora costs in the future! I would've taken her to 90 just based on it only taking 420,000 mora alone!

None of my resource reserves are that high. I have 228 Slime Concentrate and everything else of that tier is either above 100 or below 100 if it didn't show up from Inazuma. Because those are lucky to be above 20 after leveling Raiden and Aloy.

Yeah, I was really feeling that watching the Kujou Sara one. Not the most interesting class to watch someone else play, I gotta say.

I think that just makes you more of a Normal person. If I had to play on mobile I would never play anywhere near as much as I do.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Twisc posted:

oh word, I do have Diluc and Sucrose

Diluc Sucrose XQ Bennett
Razor Kaeya Sara Barb

idk about sara, the 6s buff is pretty annoying, but it might be the best I can do for now. i'm guessing replacing barb or sara with bennett will hurt because of overload?

i think with benny and XQ in the mix your best cookie cutter teams are a pyro team and a sucrose taser:

diluc or yoimiya (whichever one you like more) / xiangling / bennett / anemo traveller (yes, really)
beidou / xingqiu / sucrose / sara. once you get fischl she's a sidegrade from sara who has lower damage potential but is much easier to play.

the pyro team is easier to play and will hit harder in single-target situations, but the taser team excels in AOE situation and isn't completely walled by pyro shields, so i'd say it's better for just running around the world map beating up random trash mobs.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
this is predicated on the need to long-term level up two teams for abyss, you might just wanna run the normal pyro carry + xingqiu + bennett + sucrose composition outside of it.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
that helps a lot, thank you Reiterpallasch

trying to plan out an overworld team and then, as a side thought for the future, two separate abyss teams using what i have is where i was stuck. you make sense.

e: does Raiden need a lot of screen time? aka not great with Razor?

Twisc fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 20, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Twisc posted:

e: does Raiden need a lot of screen time? aka not great with Razor?

She needs at least ~8 seconds of screen time for her burst, but more importantly she has a relationship with high cost bursts that fuels her which in turn leads to more high cost bursts. Razor is super selfish so you want off-field enablers. However, if you have Raiden you can run XL/XQ/Raiden/Benny and have an insanely strong team which also steals nothing from a Razor-based team so you're in a good spot.

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
YESSS yesssssssss I got her I got purple woman

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Radical posted:

did they make a second whale model for her trailer or is that the same one they used for the childe boss fight with a different texture i wonder

childe has a "narwhal" that's more like a blue whale with a horn, while this was a humpback, you can tell by the fins and the head on the humpback that it's a different model (also childe's narwhal model is very undetailed while the humpback in the trailer has a lot of detail in the model itself, not even speaking to the texture)

childe

kokomi

Note Block fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Sep 20, 2021

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004

Mailer posted:

She needs at least ~8 seconds of screen time for her burst, but more importantly she has a relationship with high cost bursts that fuels her which in turn leads to more high cost bursts. Razor is super selfish so you want off-field enablers. However, if you have Raiden you can run XL/XQ/Raiden/Benny and have an insanely strong team which also steals nothing from a Razor-based team so you're in a good spot.

so i just tried xl/xq/raiden/bennett and holy poo poo it absolutely melts poo poo, even underleveled for my world, and generates so much energy. this owns.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

once you unlock fishing be sure to start aiming for the catch, the weapon you can get from fishing turnins, because its an insanely good weapon for both xiangling and raiden

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
good shout, hadn't seen that. just started working my way through inazuma and picked up fishing.

would deathmatch be better for xiangling than favonius in that comp?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
deathmatch is very good on xiangling once your raiden's talent levels are close to 10 because raiden's ability to restore energy heavily scales with the level on her burst. at lower raiden talent levels xiangling still needs to be heavily invested into energy recharge, so you probably want to keep using the favonius lance until then.

the xiangling/xingqiu/bennett/raiden team does a lot of damage (like a lot) but its big problem for you is that it works by shoving every overpowered support unit in the game onto one team, which tends to leave the other team up poo poo creek in abyss. you'd probably have to fall back on razor or ningguang for your second team if you went that route.

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Sep 20, 2021

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
i dunno if its people just hating on things cuz they can but I actually like kokomi's ENG VA?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
So what's Kokomi's deal? I haven't followed closely, but is she just a semi-greedy on field healer/dps hybrid whom can't crit but has goofy non-crit scaling? Or does she have any sort of stable off-field hydro application?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Dramatika posted:

So what's Kokomi's deal? I haven't followed closely, but is she just a semi-greedy on field healer/dps hybrid whom can't crit but has goofy non-crit scaling? Or does she have any sort of stable off-field hydro application?
Yes; yes. Her skill places a little hydro-applying jellyfish on the field for a bit, and her burst gives her normal attacks some solid %max hp scaling (and a bonus from healing bonus, but that might be behind a constellation?). She also heals a lot throughout.