Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

ili posted:

Don't get so wound up over it mate, my 9yo can't eat meat off the bone properly either. If you're lucky sometimes the restaurants have a kids menu so you can order nuggies instead of stressing :).

Lol look at this dope who doesn’t understand how proper butchery works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
If the chunk is large enough, it can be useful to attack it with chopsticks in one hand, spoon in the other hand for support.

No way to retain dignity during the process, however. Just like life.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Bum the Sad posted:

Lol look at this dope who doesn’t understand how proper butchery works.

Lmao yeah the only way to consume chicken is processed into a fine pink goo, then crumbed and fried. No bones for babby.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Horatius Bonar posted:

Duck wings tho. Massive, tasty.

I prefer duck tails. woo-hoo

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

ili posted:

Lmao yeah the only way to consume chicken is processed into a fine pink goo, then crumbed and fried. No bones for babby.

Hope you get an esophageal perf from some clumsily cleavered chabuduo chicken.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Bum the Sad posted:

Hope you get an esophageal perf from some clumsily cleavered chabuduo chicken.

Unlikely mate, I actually know how to eat instead of just horking it in with both hands, seppo-style.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

ili posted:

Unlikely mate, I actually know how to eat instead of just horking it in with both hands, seppo-style.

I wonder what other atrocities you apologize for :thunk:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Chicken drumsticks dont exist I scream at the top of my lungs. They do not exist!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Big Moon Cake update!!!

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

So apparently that package of moon cakes was a variety pack!

I just had a quarter of this one

It is legit fuckin good. Like real good. It looks like there is an egg yolk in the middle too which was also real drat good.

This is the last one left and we have no idea what’s in it.

Moon cake good.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

MarcusSA posted:

So apparently that package of moon cakes was a variety pack!

Moon cake good.
Gratz on your big wins on Mooncake Roulette. Mixed packs usually have the decency to label their poo poo, but the pack your coworker got looks budget as hell. What did he think of the other types, and did he know it was a variety pack?

Grand Fromage posted:

The further away from being a real mooncake a mooncake is, the more people like them.
This is facts.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
alienated! food! science! aliquots! thats how you want your mooncakes!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tupperwarez posted:

Gratz on your big wins on Mooncake Roulette. Mixed packs usually have the decency to label their poo poo, but the pack your coworker got looks budget as hell. What did he think of the other types, and did he know it was a variety pack?

This is facts.

He only had the first one and he said it was poo poo lol. He didn’t know they were all different but he tried that nut one and he agreed it was good.

I had that one last night which was good and me and another dude split this new one today. I’m gonna crack that last one open later tonight and see what it is though.

They might be labeled but we certainly can’t read it.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I recently got some mooncakes in Yokohama chinatown. Red bean paste, sunflower seed, sesame, and lotus with chestnut instead of egg yolk :swoon:
The flaky pork pastries were awesome :stwoon: but like so many good things, you can't just drop em in a box and enjoy 1-2 months later.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

peanut posted:

I recently got some mooncakes in Yokohama chinatown. Red bean paste, sunflower seed, sesame, and lotus with chestnut instead of egg yolk :swoon:
The flaky pork pastries were awesome :stwoon: but like so many good things, you can't just drop em in a box and enjoy 1-2 months later.

Chestnut mooncakes are definitely superior to most egg ones.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

The further away from being a real mooncake a mooncake is, the more people like them.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?
Thanks for this. Going forward, I will refer to Beef Wellington as Steak Mooncake instead.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Now I want a pork bun.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Last Moon Cake.

It tastes slightly different from the first one so maybe it’s a red bean?

It’s pretty good though! Can only eat a bit though because it’s super dense.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Now I want a pork bun.

Now? One should always want a pork bun.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

you sure?

MarcusSA posted:

Last Moon Cake.

It tastes slightly different from the first one so maybe it’s a red bean?

It’s pretty good though! Can only eat a bit though because it’s super dense.
Yeah, that's probably the obligatory red bean one. Be sure to thank your coworker for taking the bullet for you by picking the crap one first, lol.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tupperwarez posted:

Yeah, that's probably the obligatory red bean one. Be sure to thank your coworker for taking the bullet for you by picking the crap one first, lol.

Yeah I will. I’m still not sure what flavor it actually was and he sure wasn’t he just said it was poo poo and tossed it lol.

I would absolutely eat these again especially that nut one.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Taiwanese pineapple cakes are the absolute duck's nuts. Love those crumbly tasty little bastards.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

this should make the next op

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

therobit posted:

I haven’t lived anywhere I can get a decent one, let alone a good one, for way too long.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i was in a group chat that basically entirely changed topics from random poo poo that group chats talk about to complaining about chinese pork prices when the african swine fever hit. then complaining about the roni and pork prices. only got back to normal a few months ago

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Sep 20, 2021

5er
Jun 1, 2000

therobit posted:

Same!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I haven’t lived anywhere I can get a decent one, let alone a good one, for way too long.

Same :(

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Horatius Bonar posted:

Just seeing that picture gave me PTSD flashbacks.

Like, just having one is bad, by the end it's boxes and boxes of the things you get that no one sane will help you eat.

What? these things are great, they never last. My SO has learned to make them from scratch, has presses and molds and all.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Grand Fromage posted:

They are bricks. The size you posted is probably 750-1000 calories each depending on the fillings.

I've eaten several moon cakes a day on occasion, I am not fat.

EDIT; some of my SOs mooncakes, before baking. Using DIY salted chicken yolk insted of duck.

Edit2, some baked ones:

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 20, 2021

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

therobit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW7xy4-TQhs

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
China really just speedrunning late state capitalism over here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/19/business/china-evergrande-debt-protests.html

NYT posted:

When the troubled Chinese property giant Evergrande was starved for cash earlier this year, it turned to its own employees with a strong-arm pitch: Those who wanted to keep their bonuses would have to give Evergrande a short-term loan.

Some workers tapped their friends and family for money to lend to the company. Others borrowed from the bank. Then, this month, Evergrande suddenly stopped paying back the loans, which had been packaged as high-interest investments.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Really wanna try a moon cake now. Gonna see if the local asian food store has it. It looks really good tbh, and y'all make it sounds extremely likely that it'll be taste bad, and i want to know myself.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

yeah same, gonna check local grocer

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

SerCypher posted:

China really just speedrunning late state capitalism over here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/19/business/china-evergrande-debt-protests.html

GIVE US MONEY OR LOSE YOUR BONUS

What, pay you back? Naw dawg

Man even the most libertarian capitalists in the US would cream over this idea

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Son of Rodney posted:

Really wanna try a moon cake now. Gonna see if the local asian food store has it. It looks really good tbh, and y'all make it sounds extremely likely that it'll be taste bad, and i want to know myself.

If you have a Chinese grocery in the area they'll definitely have some this time of year.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Evergrande should've given the employees EV cars from their own factory after taking their money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOdncrrlukY&t=8s

Horatius Bonar
Sep 8, 2011

Son of Rodney posted:

Get a Taiwanese pineapple cake if they have a pack as a palette cleanser.

Taiwan #1

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Jusupov posted:

Evergrande should've given the employees EV cars from their own factory after taking their money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOdncrrlukY&t=8s

Supposedly they're trying to pay everyone in Apartments*** now.

***(To be constructed at a future date)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Son of Rodney posted:

The nut filled one was legit good.

The date one was good but nothing like amazing.

The red bean was was also good but again not amazing.

Get the nut filled one because it’s the best and the 4 other people at work said the same.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

local Asian market was without mooncakes wtf!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feizhouxiongdi2
Oct 9, 2019

Dandywalken posted:

local Asian market was without mooncakes wtf!!

what kind of asian market is it! how dare they!