Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

im broke but rly wanted something colorful and basic so i spent the $6 it cost to get lego city underground while it was on sale, and im totally pleased

entirely forgot how this was developed as wii u exclusive. what a time that was!

Bulgakov fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Spellman posted:

Get N or get out

Cranking up the volume and inviting everyone else on this bus to watch the Superbowl with me

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm well into chapter 6 of Eastward now but the beginning of chapter 6 when John turns off the lights in Alva's house and then locks the door really hit me hard. I know I've been complaining a lot about stuff in the game but man, it's really good.

Model Camper
Feb 12, 2008

Just 'cause you got a rocking horse don't mean you can rock.
If the latest film is F9, does that mean that Nintendo released the future-based prequel to the whole Fast Saga in 1990?

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021
so are they adding folders or not? i can't play a toy if it don't got folders in it.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Folders are coming but only with the digital deluxe preorder of Xenublade Chronicles 3

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

rt4 posted:

Folders are coming but only with the digital deluxe preorder of Xenublade Chronicles 3

gently caress yeah folders here I come!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Folders will come a week before the Switch's successor and not a moment sooner.

The successor won't have folders.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Look just use the eShop to launch games if you haven't played them in the last like 3-4 games so they aren't on the screen. Don't scroll right and hunt.

The laggy laggy eShop. (I'm pretty sure I launched something from the eShop once not realizing I already had it installed thinking I needed to download it again at least).

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

The Bloop posted:

My last grunt job I wasn't allowed headphones and earpro was highly recommended.

I got away with these for over a year until I quit.

They sell proper earpro earmuffs that are also buletooth headphones, they were great when I was working with loud poo poo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it seems like people generally only delete things they really dislike, so what kinds of games have y'all deleted? besides demos, i removed anodyne 1

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Looper posted:

it seems like people generally only delete things they really dislike, so what kinds of games have y'all deleted? besides demos, i removed anodyne 1

i also removed anodyne, what a piece of poo poo

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Looper posted:

I delete games I finish completely, otherwise im paranoid I'll want to pick it up and play it again.

At least the saves are still stored on the Switch. Was more of a problem on the Vita, where deleting the game also deleted the saves.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I only delete demos. I archive big games for space and puzzle games I 100%.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

play 2 instead its completely different and win

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Looper posted:

old editions of football manager, gear.club unlimited (bad game), late shift (bad game), xenoblade chronicles 2 (bad game), west of loathing (bad dev)

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021

Looper posted:

buddy, i've still got Super Mario Bros. 35 to remind me of the good times.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Looper posted:

Straimium Immortaly, which is actually a really fun and strange roguelite on Steam, but Digerati did the switch port and they hosed it up so bad it's basically unplayable. Whole game elements are bugged and don't give you currency when they should, restarting the game after death puts you back into a new game but with the same seed as your last run, etc. Fuckin Digerati'd again!

Amorphous Abode fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Sep 20, 2021

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

what the gently caress!!

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Looper posted:

it seems like people generally only delete things they really dislike, so what kinds of games have y'all deleted? besides demos,
Pillars of Eternity. It's not so much that I don't like it, but the port is total jank and every (buggy) update they've done for it just adds another few more GB with no additional content so it's like 30 GB now. It's the largest game I have installed so it's the easiest to junk when it comes to SD cards space pressure.

Looper posted:

i removed anodyne 1
Nnooo!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

bemusedchunk posted:

buddy, i've still got Super Mario Bros. 35 to remind me of the good times.

Same.

:smith::respek::smith:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

dr.acula posted:

A pair of dope rear end speakers you can slide into the joycon rails for those rooftop tabletop mode parties

poo poo, why isn't that a thing? You could even have the speakers fold over as a screen protector like the old game boy ones

I'm being failed by the market over here!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I've never owned a pair of bluetooth headphones so maybe there's that, but it just seems sort of pointless.

If you have a modern smartphone or ipad then the point is you need either them or a bunch of stupid dongles and adapters

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Butterfly Valley posted:

If you have a modern smartphone or ipad then the point is you need either them or a bunch of stupid dongles and adapters
I just got a Pixel 5a and I've never been happier.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Improbable Lobster posted:

They sell proper earpro earmuffs that are also buletooth headphones, they were great when I was working with loud poo poo

They also sell versions with wires :frogdunce:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

why would i need folders when nintendo switch online already organizes all the good Nintendo games for me

:hmmyes:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

KingSlime posted:

What's even the point of you having an opinion on this? If they implement the this future it wouldn't be forced on you, one could just not use them right? So why would you spend any of your brain power thinking about why others want this?

Truly baffling

truly baffling @somethingawful.com

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

wish i could put these bad posts in a folder

oh wait it's the little question mark button under my pic!!!

"Souls is the best game series ever, y'all need to buy PS4 to play Bloodborne, the absolute best game made this gen"

drat. you're right!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

"Souls is the best game series ever, y'all need to buy PS4 to play Bloodborne, the absolute best game made this gen"

I must have been out of my mind when I posted that

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Model Camper posted:

If the latest film is F9, does that mean that Nintendo released the future-based prequel to the whole Fast Saga in 1990?

:eyepop: yes. now whos related to who

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Eastward is one of my favourite games for a long time. It's so charming, Sam is such a cool little girl!

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
I wanted to be pumped for eastward but the combat looks so bland.

I’m glad it had a great story and obviously the art direction is awesome but if I’m not enjoying the actual gameplay I’m not sure there’ll be enough there to keep me invested

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

You don't need digital folders if all your games are physical! You do however need a binder with smaller slots like you used for your pokemon cards. Only for switch games. You can even put a bit of bitter spray in the holders for that out of box taste!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just press left once, and a once. All your games are listed there. You can sort them by last played, alphabetical order, or amount played. If you have trouble finding the game you want to play I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you would 100% remember what folder it is in, but if you can't find it alphabetically will you even remember how you categorized it?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

this is the week where the youtubers are saying the direct will be rightt

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Honestly I would prefer something similar to steam where I can search tags. Otherwise the current alphabetical and “last played” work great.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

BINGO for Nintendo Switch is always right there on the home page bc it's what I played last. Don't need more sorting than that

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yeah I know. My partner is experiencing that now. My old phone should last me some time yet, or at least I expect it too, and when it doesn't, I'll consider options with a headphone jack for sure.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

There is a joy to categorization and personalization beyond the immediate utilitarian purpose of it. Like yeah the Nintendo Switch keeping all of my old poo poo in a digital trash bag is fine but I want to be fancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Amorphous Abode posted:

There is a joy to categorization and personalization beyond the immediate utilitarian purpose of it. Like yeah the Nintendo Switch keeping all of my old poo poo in a digital trash bag is fine but I want to be fancy.