Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

33. Hollow Knight. 69% Completion ( :D :D :D :D ) I think I got a bad end. Epic game. I didnt even visit two areas before fighting the final boss somehow, and was still missing traversal upgrades and untold other secrets to learn about. i wonder what game these devs are gonna make next.

A sequel to hollow knight where you play as hornet that, at this point, will probably never come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Arrhythmia posted:

A sequel to hollow knight where you play as hornet that, at this point, will probably never come out.

a bob or bob-like will bomb nintendo headquarters if a direct doesnt announce it soon

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

miyamoto chuckling as yet another explosive device fails to go off because the bomber used the wrong aspect ratio

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

miyamoto chuckling as yet another explosive device fails to go off because the bomber used the wrong aspect ratio

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

they showed gameplay footage like two years ago and then silence

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

they showed gameplay footage like two years ago and then silence

they had like an hour long demo of several areas, very far along in development and it seemed like release was around the corner. since then theyve only appeared on social media right before events to assure everyone they wont be there and have nothing to show lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sorry everyone, it will take a little more time. we have realized bugs are icky.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dont worry. they'll be at the nintendo direct next wednesday

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

thats only three

e: bicyclops beaten games list:

1. Cyberpunk 2077. Street Kid. Panam ending, left Johnny in Mikoshi All side missions and police hustle, all cars.
2. A Link to the Past
3. Disco Elysium
4. Yakuza 0. All substories. 100 percent completion.
5. Yakuza Kiwami All substories, 100 percent completion.
6. Yakuza Kiwami 2 Full completion list, all substories (+ Majima saga)
7. Yakuza 3
8. Yakuza 4
9. Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster, all achievements
10. Final Fantasy 2 Pixel Remaster, all achievements
11. Final Fantasy 3 Pixel Remaster, all achievements

12. Final Fantasy 4 Pixel Remaster

At the end of the day I'm not gonna recommend this one. The music upgrades are more uneven than the earlier pixel remakes. The pixel art is really pretty and the autobattle/quick save features are nice, but not enough to make it better than emulating some of the earlier remakes. It's very glitchy (some of the achievements are impossible to get, it crashed several times for me, once just after beating the ending boss, and it periodically has a really long lag at the end of combat), and unlike the earlier pixel remasters, some bonus features like the bestiary are an absolute chore. I'm fairly certain that they rebalanced XP so that I felt really over-leveled for a lot of the back-half of the game. If you're into the tryhard stuff like getting the pink tail or the useless drop summons, it's actually harder in this game than in previous versions. It was nice to revisit Final Fantasy 4, but this isn't the best version of it out there.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

At the end of the day I'm not gonna recommend this one. The music upgrades are more uneven than the earlier pixel remakes. The pixel art is really pretty and the autobattle/quick save features are nice, but not enough to make it better than emulating some of the earlier remakes. It's very glitchy (some of the achievements are impossible to get, it crashed several times for me, once just after beating the ending boss, and it periodically has a really long lag at the end of combat), and unlike the earlier pixel remasters, some bonus features like the bestiary are an absolute chore. I'm fairly certain that they rebalanced XP so that I felt really over-leveled for a lot of the back-half of the game. If you're into the tryhard stuff like getting the pink tail or the useless drop summons, it's actually harder in this game than in previous versions. It was nice to revisit Final Fantasy 4, but this isn't the best version of it out there.

an early 00s fan aptch of the japanese version where cecil say s gently caress and poo poo a LOT. and using the best pixel remastering around, thats right, 4x super eagle sai

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

4. Xenogears

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Nier Replicant, all endings. I really liked automata when I went in blind years back and the way the story was told was really interesting so I was looking forward to this one when it was next on the gaming chopping block. The combat becomes pretty mindless more than half way into the A run I believe but it's still enjoyable flying around tearing poo poo up. I greatly enjoyed getting more of the lore of the universe, the understanding of the motivations of The Twins that I met in automata, the reveal that Kaine can hear what the shades are saying the whole time but lives to kill anyway and how that plays with your role as the "hero" as your 2nd/3rd playthrough you're going around the world destroying budding relationships/connections between people as your character and friends talk about how all shades must die. The new ending they added i felt was great which was after the original canonical ending which i also enjoyed. Automata had a heavy philosophical/existential element to its story, this one more about making connections with those in your life and how precious it is

i wish i could have gone in on this completely blind like automata, but with nier's popularity now it was literally impossible. fine, still a great experience and i wonder what'll be next.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
29. The Princess and the Frog (98% Completion)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Explain the 2%

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Arrhythmia posted:

Explain the 2%

I did not get all the tokens in chapters 4, 20, and 26.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

change that last number to 69 for some legendary lulz.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

drat that's a shame. Was really looking forward to this one.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Psychonauts 2

A really superb game with a lot of cool parts but I kinda feel like it had an incredibly strong start and got less inspired as the game went on, the levels were different enough but the gameplay didn't evolve much in the last third of the game, if anything the platforming actually gets easier.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Unavowed, bartender origin, made a deal for my freedom ending. Can't recommend this game enough, I really loved the story and unraveling all the mysteries. It's a point-and-click adventure game where you play as a person who was possessed by a demon and is exorcised a year later by a group called the Unavowed who investigate and neutralize supernatural threats. Realizing you can't go back to your old life since you're wanted for all the crimes the demon committed, and able to see supernatural beings due to your experience with the demon, you join the Unavowed and trace the demon's activities while it was in your body, righting the wrongs it did and trying to figure out what it wanted to accomplish. It's definitely a game I'm going to play more than once, the different origins seem to change the game up a lot (I got a ton of unique dialogue from being a bartender and had a whole storyline with one of the party members that was unique to that path, I assume the other two origins do similar) and I'm interested to see how the storylines would have ended if I made different choices. This won't be my GOTY but it will be an honorable mention for sure

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Unavowed, bartender origin, made a deal for my freedom ending. Can't recommend this game enough, I really loved the story and unraveling all the mysteries. It's a point-and-click adventure game where you play as a person who was possessed by a demon and is exorcised a year later by a group called the Unavowed who investigate and neutralize supernatural threats. Realizing you can't go back to your old life since you're wanted for all the crimes the demon committed, and able to see supernatural beings due to your experience with the demon, you join the Unavowed and trace the demon's activities while it was in your body, righting the wrongs it did and trying to figure out what it wanted to accomplish. It's definitely a game I'm going to play more than once, the different origins seem to change the game up a lot (I got a ton of unique dialogue from being a bartender and had a whole storyline with one of the party members that was unique to that path, I assume the other two origins do similar) and I'm interested to see how the storylines would have ended if I made different choices. This won't be my GOTY but it will be an honorable mention for sure

updated my journal

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I heard that game was the redefinition of rpg adventure hybrids.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I heard that game was the redefinition of rpg adventure hybrids.

-ice t

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

unavawed is cool. that guys earlier point and click game tHe Blackwell Chronicles/Series whatever the bundle is called is always like 2 dollars on steam. bye

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
Bye

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. Resident Evil 3 Remake
2. Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury
3. Deus Ex
4. Persona 5 Strikers
5. Nier Replicant
6. Resident Evil: Village
7. Mass Effect 1: Legendary Edition - Paragon, romanced Liara, Sentinel
8. Mass Effect 2: Legendary Edition - Paragon, didn't cheat on Liara, Infiltrator, all DLC done
9. Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition - Paragon, synthesis, stayed with Liara, all DLC done
10. Episode of Yuffie
11. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
12. Halo 3 Co-Op (replay)
13. Halo 4 Co-Op
14. Yakuza 4
15.The Great Ace Attorney Adventures
16. Quake
17. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
18. The Punisher (1993) (Genesis)

Been messing around with emulation a lot lately, and played this beat em up expecting a mediocre one that's novel just because it's The Punisher. Got a surprisingly pretty good beat em up that isn't quite as much of a quarter muncher as others in the genre while still presenting a decent challenge.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Persona 4

This summer was my first experience with any of the SMT games, a franchise which I've only vaguely been aware of until now, so I decided to check this out. It was goddamn great, the Scooby-Doo vibe owns, easily one of the most fun games I've ever played. I think I played and beat Mother 3 earlier this year so I was used to buff/debuff strategies to win, so that helped. I'll be going through Nocturne next and probably trying P3 after that. I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Persona 4 summer. SMT Nocturne autumn. Persona 3 winter. fantastic pairing.