Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yeah I reinstalled and it worked again.

Is the scuttlebutt currently kruleboyz preorder this week then stormcast the next? I saw an LGS in Australia Post kruleboyz were on this weekend but they deleted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

JBP posted:

Yeah I reinstalled and it worked again.

Is the scuttlebutt currently kruleboyz preorder this week then stormcast the next? I saw an LGS in Australia Post kruleboyz were on this weekend but they deleted it.

GW's post last Sunday indicates Kruelboyz preorders this Saturday.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/12/sunday-preview-bolster-your-kruleboyz-collection-and-discover-whats-new-on-warhammer/

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Cool thank you, I missed this completely. I hope they put up the dragons and stuff next week I'm really keen.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1438888775954976772

I'm impressed at them working this fast with pushing out updates based on feedback.
It's probably bound to slow down to a crawl in a couple of weeks. :v:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Sorry for double posting.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/19/gen-con-something-sinister-stirs-in-the-eightpoints/

And the Warcry gencon reveal turns out to be... something spider related?
But looks like we're getting a second season of Warcry titled Red Harvest at least.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Hopefully they release a Chaos Dwarfs warband, there are too many references to them in the new Orruk book.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
wouldn't it be the third season at this point?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Talas posted:

Hopefully they release a Chaos Dwarfs warband, there are too many references to them in the new Orruk book.

Give me a full Legion tome.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

wouldn't it be the third season at this point?

Might be actually. My bad. :v:

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist

Talas posted:

Supposed leaks from 40k suggest a squat book. I could easily see GW trying to cash in off nostalgia so you might get lucky. If they use the lore to drive their model priority there should be some dwarfy releases, but it will probably be KO and Fyreslayers.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Cooked Auto posted:

Sorry for double posting.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/19/gen-con-something-sinister-stirs-in-the-eightpoints/

And the Warcry gencon reveal turns out to be... something spider related?
But looks like we're getting a second season of Warcry titled Red Harvest at least.

The rumoured bug race from AoS: Underworlds got bored waiting to be revealed and so headed over to Warcry? :shrug:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I had completely forgotten that was a rumor that people believed in. :v:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

There's some art of the bug men, so maybe.

Closest thing in the existing library is the Tzeentch flavored spider goblins from Silver Tower. The teaser indicated chaos, and unless we're getting a defiler warband or spidergrots, it'll be something new.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Also if it was grots or something I feel the narrator would reflect that in a sense, at least sound like one a little with more of a growl than the amused lilt you can hear.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

moths posted:

There's some art of the bug men, so maybe.

Closest thing in the existing library is the Tzeentch flavored spider goblins from Silver Tower. The teaser indicated chaos, and unless we're getting a defiler warband or spidergrots, it'll be something new.

My money is on spidergrots (if they introduce a faction), or just a themed set like Catacombs which is going to lean into something like caverns with wandering spiders instead of raptoryx and harpies.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I've been happy with the minimal amount of spiders in this hobby to date.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
After the wolf rider grots, I did find it weird that there weren't any spider grots until now, maybe. Or they finally introduce more dark elves, and they just turn out to be Driders.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Desfore posted:

After the wolf rider grots, I did find it weird that there weren't any spider grots until now, maybe. Or they finally introduce more dark elves, and they just turn out to be Driders.

Spiderclan’s been around a while, they just don’t at all get talked up by the writing.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

Spiderclan’s been around a while, they just don’t at all get talked up by the writing.

I’m expecting them to either be phased out or given a new look at some point, since the whole “Native American goblins” thing doesn’t play so well nowadays

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

There's 1) forest goblins that ride spiders and dress problematically like native Americans (as envisioned by 80s British nerds) and there's also 2) multi-limbed night goblins who spent too much time around Tzeentch.

The forest goblins spidercult reveres the spider god which AFAIK isn't chaos related, and the trailer indicated chaos.

It would be cool to see spider cult brought into the destruction pantheon, but the trailer mentioned chaos so it's anybody's guess.

Could also be bug-looking beastmen, a throwback to when beastmen could look like anything.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

moths posted:

There's 1) forest goblins that ride spiders and dress problematically like native Americans (as envisioned by 80s British nerds) and there's also 2) multi-limbed night goblins who spent too much time around Tzeentch.

The forest goblins spidercult reveres the spider god which AFAIK isn't chaos related, and the trailer indicated chaos.

It would be cool to see spider cult brought into the destruction pantheon, but the trailer mentioned chaos so it's anybody's guess.

Could also be bug-looking beastmen, a throwback to when beastmen could look like anything.

oh yeah, forgot about the silver tower lads. A range of those would be neat, but given the focus on Chaos in the trailer it's probably something else.

My money is on cultist driders of some variety

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm hoping Warcry pivots to somehow providing a way to use some of those gorgeous miniatures in Sigmar someday. I really was hoping those "dudes on fire" warband would be usable in something but apparently not.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

I'm hoping Warcry pivots to somehow providing a way to use some of those gorgeous miniatures in Sigmar someday. I really was hoping those "dudes on fire" warband would be usable in something but apparently not.

Dudes on fire are a usable Slaves to Darkness unit.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Geisladisk posted:

Dudes on fire are a usable Slaves to Darkness unit.

wow, had no idea, thanks! Idk why this information somehow escaped my grasp.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Scions got given warscrolls in a very unceremonious update, yeah. Easy to miss.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

The new StD rules in WD let you take Cultists (so all the Warcry bands, I think) as battleline if they have the same Mark of Chaos as your general.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

The new StD rules in WD let you take Cultists (so all the Warcry bands, I think) as battleline if they have the same Mark of Chaos as your general.

All of ‘em except Khainite Shadowstalkers, yeah. It opens up a ton of new options formerly locked to Idolators.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

wow, had no idea, thanks! Idk why this information somehow escaped my grasp.

They came out after the STD book did, so they aren't included in there. They got rules in a White Dwarf or something.

https://www.wahapedia.ru is a pretty fantastic resource, it collates all of the current rules together in a searchable and well-formatted webpage. It is in a pretty dark gray area legally, but honestly, one of the things that were intimidating to me when I was getting into Warhammer was how spread out the rules were over books, FAQs, and even White Dwarves, so as far as I'm concerned they are doing GW a service.

Pozzo
Nov 4, 2009

What is like posting in a thread?
A Ballista, that's what!

Hoboskins posted:

Supposed leaks from 40k suggest a squat book. I could easily see GW trying to cash in off nostalgia so you might get lucky. If they use the lore to drive their model priority there should be some dwarfy releases, but it will probably be KO and Fyreslayers.

In the announcement streams for AoS 3 and Dominion they were making a big song and dance about "Ooh somebody is supplying the hob-grots, who could it be, who would make grenades and be nasty something something chaos" in a way that suggested they were trailing an upcoming release.

Or, hilariously, they could be making a huge thing out of an inconsequential part of the lore just to put the shits up folk, in which case, that's excellent and I commend them.

I'm curious about what Red Harvest is going to mean since they made a point of saying the last "Call of the Everchosen" article was the, um, last "Call of the Everchosen" article. I had thought that meant they were going to move Warcry out of the Eightpoints or something but apparently not, and that teaser was still waffling about Varanguard so it seems Archaon must still be involved. So why change the name of the articles?

A fucken teaser though, goddamnit. Give me more info you bastards

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

There’s a bunch of plot threads that just kinda hang around a lot, really.

Like, Katakros is still camped out at the Eightpoints Shyish beachhead.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I hope they sell the dragons this weekend :negative:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

This weekend is Beast Snagga Orks, per last Sunday.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mors Rattus posted:

This weekend is Beast Snagga Orks, per last Sunday.

I mean the announcement then, whatever the sunday reveal thing is.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
With Templars not for another month, Dragons are the safe next bet of a major (I.e. AOS or 40K) release, though I don’t know if there will be like some Blood Bowl stuff along the way.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Did anyone say Varantula yet

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Captain Magic posted:

With Templars not for another month, Dragons are the safe next bet of a major (I.e. AOS or 40K) release, though I don’t know if there will be like some Blood Bowl stuff along the way.

I thought it would be stinky orruks then dragons but they keep blindsiding me with other junk lol

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Long time absentee-from-wargaming questionss:

- Are just 'regular orcs' still a thing? I see 'kruleboyz' and 'ironjawz' who look like space marines, but what about boar-riding savage orcs or black orc halbadiers? Are they no more?
- What's the kind of model count I should expect for a 1000pt game? Does this vary hugely between factions (with exceptions, I assume that skaven clanrats or cultists would be much greater in number than a bunch of knights)
- Is there any one particular defining reason why I should be looking at AOS over 40k, if I don't particularly fancy either but are my two choices for local gaming?

Southern Heel fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Sep 24, 2021

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Southern Heel posted:

- Are just 'regular orcs' still a thing? I see 'kruleboyz' and 'ironjawz' who look like space marines, but what about boar-riding savage orcs or black orc halbadiers? Are they no more?
- What's the kind of model count I should expect for a 1000pt game? Does this vary hugely between factions (with exceptions, I assume that skaven clanrats or cultists would be much greater in number than a bunch of knights)
- Is there any one particular defining reason why I should be looking at AOS over 40k, if I don't particularly fancy either but are my two choices for local gaming?

1. Savage orcs are still a thing, but the newest battle tome was not generous to them. Black orcs are now 'ardboyz in Ironjaw rooster
2. I would say (and it is rough estimate) 20-60 minis. It is very army and list dependent
3. This is purely anecdotal, I find locally that people who enjoy aos are nicer to play with and there are fewer nazis among them. Outside of that you probably should just get someone to play demo games with you and decide based on that if neither strikes your fancy

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Southern Heel posted:

- Savage orcs are, unfortunately, around still as Bonesplitters. Regular degular greenskins are out of here.
- This varies massively, depending on the army style and what skew you pick. You can be painting 40-50 clanrats, or maybe six eels or so.
- 40K has tons and tons of layers and layers of secondary objectives, augmenting abilities and upgrades, and stratagems that make tracking a 40k game at higher points levels a nightmare. AoS is more streamlined in this regard - you wont have to wait for your opponent to figure out which of his twenty stratagems he's gonna use, ten of which are lovely trap options and eight of which he doesn't have the units in his army to use them on. Additionally there's no loving Imperium apologists or people who want to put swastikas on their elves or whatever the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Deleter posted:

- 40K has tons and tons of layers and layers of secondary objectives, augmenting abilities and upgrades, and stratagems that make tracking a 40k game at higher points levels a nightmare. AoS is more streamlined in this regard - you wont have to wait for your opponent to figure out which of his twenty stratagems he's gonna use, ten of which are lovely trap options and eight of which he doesn't have the units in his army to use them on. Additionally there's no loving Imperium apologists or people who want to put swastikas on their elves or whatever the gently caress.

This is a bit disingenuous as AoS has its own forms of excessive complexity. Command abilities you can use on your or your opponent's turns, heroic abilities, you now have to choose an objective each round and it has to be different from previous rounds, and the units with a dozen+ abilities just on their warscroll.

As far as fasc players, sadly they're hiding in every game, just a lot that play 40k feel that they're okay bringing it to the surface. Though it does make it easier to find who to avoid and/or callout.