Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
IIRC the bonus from Healing Bonus comes for free, it's attached to her -100% crit rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Dramatika posted:

So what's Kokomi's deal? I haven't followed closely, but is she just a semi-greedy on field healer/dps hybrid whom can't crit but has goofy non-crit scaling? Or does she have any sort of stable off-field hydro application?

Her E drops a jellyfish pet on the field that pulses Hydro doing damage and tick healing while it's active; her Q gives her an on-field mode that boosts her damage based on HP% and heals as you attack like Qiqi or Barbara.

She's basically supposed to be an offensive healer in the style of Qiqi but hopefully better, although reports from the beta were, to put it quite mildly, "mixed". The fact that her kit splits mods between atk% (which affects the jellyfish and her healing) and hp% (which affects autos during her burst mode) is never good, and Genshin has a pretty hefty problem with straight up not needing healers in 99% of content. The horrible poison effect on floor 11 of abyss is there to justify Kokomi, and if you don't care about abyss then there's, uh, no real justification and she trades off offensive power for something you don't really need.

The one good thing is that in beta her jellyfish had a terrible ICD for hydro application and would only apply it every 3-4 seconds which wasn't enough for freeze comps and this was apparently fixed right under the wire. They might have done some tweaking since then, and if you want a reliable hydro applier who isn't XQ then there's an argument there.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
So can't crit, has to choose between HP and ATK, absolute bottom of the barrel on elemental application, provides no other buffs or debuffs, does she even do good damage or is she just a generic healer that brings nothing else to the team?

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Araganzar posted:

So can't crit, has to choose between HP and ATK, absolute bottom of the barrel on elemental application, provides no other buffs or debuffs, does she even do good damage or is she just a generic healer that brings nothing else to the team?

If there's no changes from the demos we've seen of her, her hydro application is way better than Mona's. Of course she doesn't compete with Xingqiu in that regard, but she could be useful in a team that doesn't do a lot of normal attacks.

I'm not rolling for her personally but I can imagine her being useful if you want to permafreeze with Ganyu charge attacks or something.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Araganzar posted:

her damage looks quite bad even for full hp/healing bonus builds, like less damage than xingqiu's swords do even while she's bursting on field with a jellyfish out, and the worst part is how badly other characters' buffs work on her (atk buffs are bad, crit buffs don't work, em doesn't do anything for her, hydro resonance doesnt affect her healing damage bonus). We're all hoping for a surprise.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 20, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she's got healing and good hydro application in one slot, which is obviously something that can have value and would tweak existing freeze team options at the least. ignoring whatever new stuff comes out of her being added and the remaining Inazuma lineup

she seems like a good fit for Ayaka at least. not sure if i would desperately miss Mona but being able to ditch Diona for Aloy is great

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kokomi+Rosaria can freeze an large aoe of enemies in place for 12 seconds with 2 button presses, which is pretty wild, I just don't know how that really lines up against harder content.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

I just don't know how that really lines up against harder content.

If it's good, we'll see new enemies immune to freeze

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think including multiple bosses in Abyss was already their sort of counter to freeze, i'd hope stopping there is enough

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
lol kokomi fix

Mihoyo: certain situations caused elemental applications to occur too frequently. All applications are now limited to a 1.5 second delay.

Compensation: 30 primos

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

1.5 seconds still means her jellyfish has full applications at least. Maybe something wonky was happening with electrocutes when her and the jelly were out in the field during her burst.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

lol kokomi fix

Mihoyo: certain situations caused elemental applications to occur too frequently. All applications are now limited to a 1.5 second delay.

Compensation: 30 primos
Well, that would nerf two of the broken 4 stars and venti pretty hard. Can't even say that would be a terrible thing.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

can't believe these Thoma and Gorou nerfs... 😢

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Meiteron posted:

and Genshin has a pretty hefty problem with straight up not needing healers in 99% of content. The horrible poison effect on floor 11 of abyss is there to justify Kokomi, and if you don't care about abyss then there's, uh, no real justification and she trades off offensive power for something you don't really need.

Maybe I am uniquely bad at this game, but I find I need healers almost all the time? Like, when I am exploring I will get hit every so often and eventually die. Or if I'm running repeated domains it's the same. It's not like I will instantly die without a healer, but I take enough random hits that I find it very beneficial to have one. So all this talk of "you never really need a healer" sounds to me like the top 1% of players ignoring what the experience of everyone else is like.

Like, I currently use Barbara in the abyss even though I hate her, so a better Barbara seems like a good deal to me.

Edit: Maybe it's just because I'm not using Bennet or Zhongli or whatever.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 20, 2021

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I don't understand today's Spectral Secrets near Konda village. Where is the third drat lantern that I need to light up?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

I don't understand today's Spectral Secrets near Konda village. Where is the third drat lantern that I need to light up?
its on one of the rocks in the waterfall

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Clarste posted:

Edit: Maybe it's just because I'm not using Bennet or Zhongli or whatever.

its precisely this, anyone talking about healers being bad means the "whole party" healers, because you can assemble some combination of bennett/diona/zhongli to prevent whoever is on field from going down. a lot of those character's power budget is tied up in healing the entire party but none of the mechanics till recently required you to do that.

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum
I'm a couple of months in and haven't really needed to think much about what I was doing for most of it, but now at above AR45 I'm discovering I need two teams to continue in the Abyss and struggling some at the higher-level domains. I've been running Ning/Noelle/Bennet and either XL or Raiden as my main team. Next banner I guess I can pick up Xingqui and do XL/XQ/Bennet/... Raiden? I'm not sure who to put with Ning in that case though.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The first day of the expedition event was bugged where you couldn't do an S tier one, right?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Radical posted:

its precisely this, anyone talking about healers being bad means the "whole party" healers, because you can assemble some combination of bennett/diona/zhongli to prevent whoever is on field from going down. a lot of those character's power budget is tied up in healing the entire party but none of the mechanics till recently required you to do that.

The curse of not wanting to use men or children in the party.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Whole party healers arent even bad, bennett's just overpowered. I ran a normal noelle team and a normal ayaka/barbara/rosaria/kazuha team for floor 11 (and that's ignoring jean). I thought the floor 11 debuff was fun but 11-3 is wildly unfair if you're not strong enough to 3 star it due to the cicin interaction.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Clarste posted:

Maybe I am uniquely bad at this game, but I find I need healers almost all the time?

doesn't everybody run around with the one-click food gadget equipped?

i've had it perma slotted since inception

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Hexel posted:

doesn't everybody run around with the one-click food gadget equipped?

i've had it perma slotted since inception

TBH I completely forgot that food even existed until just now. Doesn't help in the Abyss though.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

sweet madame and jade parcel production is my endgame

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

seed dispensary will sadly be my only gadget for the next year until the gardens are finished.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Hobbes posted:

I'm a couple of months in and haven't really needed to think much about what I was doing for most of it, but now at above AR45 I'm discovering I need two teams to continue in the Abyss and struggling some at the higher-level domains. I've been running Ning/Noelle/Bennet and either XL or Raiden as my main team. Next banner I guess I can pick up Xingqui and do XL/XQ/Bennet/... Raiden? I'm not sure who to put with Ning in that case though.

assuming xingqiu is guaranteed (ie, you can get him with starglitter, since banner 4*s can be impossible to roll) you could run:
ning/bennet/xiangling and noelle/geo traveller (mainly for geo resonance) with
raiden/xq/sara and either mona, sucrose, barbara or qiqi depending on how much healing you need etc

or go with the xl/xq/bennet/raiden setup if you want to steamroll, and have ning/sara/<healer>/<geo> as a solid, but very energy hungry off-team.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

The first day of the expedition event was bugged where you couldn't do an S tier one, right?

the bug was that they didn't give primos when completed, and anyone that completed the day 1 expeditions before they fixed it will get the primogems they missed refunded eventually.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is there an overall usefulness consensus for the BP weapons? I already have an R4 Prototype Archaic for claymore users, R4 Catch, and R4 or 5 Favonious Lance. I don't really have any good books or bows, but i'll prob try to get Stringless on the next weapon banner.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BabyRyoga posted:

Is there an overall usefulness consensus for the BP weapons? I already have an R4 Prototype Archaic for claymore users, R4 Catch, and R4 or 5 Favonious Lance. I don't really have any good books or bows, but i'll prob try to get Stringless on the next weapon banner.

The only real consensus seems to be the bow is really only good for some builds of childe. The rest of them are all good 4 star weapons for their respective weapon slot, but Serpent Spine stands over the rest. Sounds like you may have the claymore situation covered, though, so fill in what you need.

No Wave posted:

Well, that would nerf two of the broken 4 stars and venti pretty hard. Can't even say that would be a terrible thing.

:thejoke:

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 20, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

BabyRyoga posted:

Serpent Spine is best agnostic of weapon type. Competitive and often better than 5 stars. In terms of usefulness I find Deathmatch so useful that I leveled two of them, there arent many spears in the game and they're all a little niche.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 20, 2021

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

All BP weapons are good because crit rate is an excellent weapon substat

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Alienware is giving away 50 primogems for the anniversary

once per account, but works even if you claimed past alienware genshin giveaways

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i would say right now deathmatch is probably the second best if only because we have a lot of spear characters that like crit and the spear pool is pretty rough. the original theorycrafting at launch generally pegged it as the worst one on paper, so kinda interesting it shook out like that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That's because most spears are extremely niche, Crescent Pike is more because of the way it does math and even then it only applies to Rosaria and Xingling.

The Catch is good, but more so for anyone with a strong burst so it weirdly leaves out someone like Xiao. So Deathmatch becomes the best generic spear because Crit rate is a high value substat.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's funniest to me that the judgement came down when we had one spear user, basically, and now even she uses it sometimes

would echo the spine > deathmatch > other weapons ranking. i have not bothered to even pick up the catalyst yet.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

People way overvalued base attack at the beginning. As it turns out for crit substats base attack mostly doesnt matter.

For DM the low base attack is actually exactly why it's so good due to xiangling, hu tao, and zhong li all favoring low base atk weapons. Even Rosaria can get some extra value out of the super fat crit rate. Xiao doesn't care but even in that case it's not an actual downsode.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

quote:

"A Message in Time" Web Event

Event Duration: September 29 – October 7

Event Rewards:

Blessing of the Welkin Moon ×1

Chance to Win: 10%

Mora ×100,000

Chance to Win: 90%

★ During the event, Travelers can take part in a raffle by creating their own anniversary cards. After the event ends, we will randomly select 10% of the participants to receive the Blessing of the Welkin Moon ×1. The remaining participants who are not selected will be rewarded with Mora ×100,000.

How to Participate: Through the links posted by each official community on September 29
https://www.hoyolab.com/article/957762

They saw how everyone loved the random amount of primogems people got during the lantern rite festival and doubled down.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Can't wait for every single winner on the internet to post about it in this thread.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Let me be the first then. I won 100k MORA, wow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Gyoru posted:

Alienware is giving away 50 primogems for the anniversary

once per account, but works even if you claimed past alienware genshin giveaways

Thank you!