Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Lozareth posted:

I *think* the slots mod was updated but I don't use it so I'm not sure. Mass Farming was updated, Farm Grid didn't break, and Crop Replant mostly works but the replace a crop with another crop function is broken.

More Slots has not been updated and appears to be abandoned. It seems to work but there are reports in the wild of items in the extra slots abruptly vanishing.

Unrestricted Portals, Plant Everything, and Craft From Containers have been updated. Quick Stack and Time Mod have not; they might work without needing updated, I haven't tested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I installed this just-updated Do or Die mod that adds a lot of monsters and extra content into the game since I want to deep dive into it while solo, but it also uses a lot of un-updated stuff (plus this Magic Overhaul mod that I'd prefer not to use). I just hope it all works out alright, because it already doesn't work with this Auga UI overhaul mod that looks real slick.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Things seem great after the food tweaks. If anything, all the new recipes mean you've got more recipes to use your materials on, carrots aren't just used for one recipe now, for instance.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

More Slots has not been updated and appears to be abandoned. It seems to work but there are reports in the wild of items in the extra slots abruptly vanishing.

Unrestricted Portals, Plant Everything, and Craft From Containers have been updated. Quick Stack and Time Mod have not; they might work without needing updated, I haven't tested.

I use Quick Stack and it still works. Do you mean Clock Mod? That still works too without an update.

VHVR got updated for H&H compatibility and he added a fix for the bad hitboxes on large enemies. Hopefully I can fight Bonemass and loxen once I get back to playing in VR. I'm enjoying being in 2D again playing with my wife and son and getting the new stuff in a new world.

Has anyone noticed any spawn weirdness besides a horde of enemies sometimes appearing in multiplayer? For instance, in our new world, we haven't left the starter continent yet and we've already found 18 queen bees. :psyduck:

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 20, 2021

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Extra quick slots or whatever is working and was updated. It does however have a fun bug where if you die your gear in those slots can disappear. But not fully disappear, oh no, they’re in your inventory as phantom items. Good thing I’m not far along because if there’s no solution for this by the time I play again I’m going to uninstall the mod and delete that character.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
I like having extra food recipes. Hopefully food effects will become more varied in the future. Seems like they're prepping for that given the existence of pukeberries!

Now I need a mod for a separate food bag, holding maybe 6 to 9 slots. I mean, what kind of trash viking stores their food and mead in the same bag as their muddy armor and draugr intestines?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

central dogma posted:

Now I need a mod for a separate food bag, holding maybe 6 to 9 slots. I mean, what kind of trash viking stores their food and mead in the same bag as their muddy armor and draugr intestines?

The same viking that uses said draugr intestines as a cooking ingredient.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lozareth posted:

I use Quick Stack and it still works. Do you mean Clock Mod? That still works too without an update.

VHVR got updated for H&H compatibility and he added a fix for the bad hitboxes on large enemies. Hopefully I can fight Bonemass and loxen once I get back to playing in VR. I'm enjoying being in 2D again playing with my wife and son and getting the new stuff in a new world.

Has anyone noticed any spawn weirdness besides a horde of enemies sometimes appearing in multiplayer? For instance, in our new world, we haven't left the starter continent yet and we've already found 18 queen bees. :psyduck:

I had a world where I found something like 12 within the meadow biome I started in. I had a friend’s world where we found 2 on the entire island. Some worlds just have a lot of a thing.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Yeah. My wife also just found 26 cores in a single crypt smashing my old record of 19.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Send some my way, I only found 4.

Trying to do things a bit differently again and skipping bosses. First is easy, second one not so. While finding surface silver is doable, doing it without iron stuff is not so you might need the swamp key for that. Do the swamp tower chests have any iron in them?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Does anyone know if they tweaked the combat resistances of various enemies at all? Is the old maxim of everything being strong against slash and weak against blunt still true?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Jusupov posted:

Send some my way, I only found 4.

Trying to do things a bit differently again and skipping bosses. First is easy, second one not so. While finding surface silver is doable, doing it without iron stuff is not so you might need the swamp key for that. Do the swamp tower chests have any iron in them?

You could skip 1 and 2, then rely on the wishbone from 3 to get iron that's just around the swamp, though I'm pretty sure that would drive you insane.

There's also ways to bypass the gates to the crypts in the swamp, but it involves some fuckery.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Wait how on earth would you skip boss 1? Isn't it impossible to obtain pickaxes without beating him?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Troll mining, maybe.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I've obtained fine wood by rolling birch logs into beech logs and vice versa, but I don't know if you can do anything similar to deposits.

My guess is just looting those first few ores?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

PittTheElder posted:

Wait how on earth would you skip boss 1? Isn't it impossible to obtain pickaxes without beating him?

Got lucky on tin when I found a troll right by the coast

From what I've seen online just skipping the first boss breaks raids. Not sure how it will work.

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 20, 2021

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Is the mod valheim plus the only way to increase the player cap on servers? Has anyone here increased the server cap on their own servers?
We have 12 or 13 people that are playing, and sometimes a couple will have to wait for a spot on our server. Valheim plus seems like overkill given all else that it does, and I wonder if the game can even handle 12 online at the same time without major lag.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Looking through Nexus, it looks like many mods haven't been updated in more than 6 months, so I expect some to go defunct and never update for future versions. One I depend on, Build Camera, will not be updated but the author made the repo public so anyone who can compile a dll can do so for the new version. Hopefully others do the same if they're over modding Valheim.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Do not become addicted to mods my friends, lest you begin to resent their absence.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

BrianRx posted:

Looking through Nexus, it looks like many mods haven't been updated in more than 6 months, so I expect some to go defunct and never update for future versions. One I depend on, Build Camera, will not be updated but the author made the repo public so anyone who can compile a dll can do so for the new version. Hopefully others do the same if they're over modding Valheim.

Build_Camera was updated earlier today.

edit: it looks like there's no solution right now to my phantom items caused by dying with a full inventory and EquipmentAndQuickSlots installed. So I'm going to mule everything in chests, remove the mod, make a new character, use the console to restore my skills to their previous levels, and teleport them to my base. Sigh.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 21, 2021

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

Do not become addicted to mods my friends, lest you begin to resent their absence.

Yeah but without them I'm not really that into Valheim :shrug:

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
Did they update the sunken crypts? I feel like the mud piles are both easier to tear through and much more likely to drop iron. Granted I could have just gotten lucky but I found something like 100 iron in my first crypt, whereas my first game it took literal days just to find a swamp with any crypts at all.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

PittTheElder posted:

Does anyone know if they tweaked the combat resistances of various enemies at all? Is the old maxim of everything being strong against slash and weak against blunt still true?

The starting club seems significantly less strong against skeletons than it used to. On the other hand, the bronze mace also doesn't eat a quarter of your stamina like it used to, either. :shrug:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I made a crystal axe, and while it is cool to flail it around like I'm Steppenwolf, it feels a little underwhelming? Tried it on Greydwarves, trees, a troll, etc. Best strategy seems to be primary attack then quickly follow up with secondary attack poke while they're staggered.

The movement penalty is painful though and that Stat also factors into stamina drain. Also I don't know any enemies specifically weak to slashing damage.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
First time using the atgeir, and I've been missing out. That spin attack seems to stun everything except trolls.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

The early game really does feel surprisingly interesting. The Black Forest was actually dangerous, Trolls have got the drop on me and insta-killed me, and learning to hunt them with fire arrows is good clean fun.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jabarto posted:

Did they update the sunken crypts? I feel like the mud piles are both easier to tear through and much more likely to drop iron. Granted I could have just gotten lucky but I found something like 100 iron in my first crypt, whereas my first game it took literal days just to find a swamp with any crypts at all.

Yep. The shitball hitting part of the game is one step closer to not being as hated as Diablo 2 Act 3

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jabarto posted:

Even without an update this is literally just crypts.txt

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I bought this when it launched on steam and have shelved it hoping for better controller support but it doesn’t look like that’s made into this latest release.

Yeah the controller works but it’s a pretty janky implementation tbh.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

PittTheElder posted:

The early game really does feel surprisingly interesting. The Black Forest was actually dangerous, Trolls have got the drop on me and insta-killed me, and learning to hunt them with fire arrows is good clean fun.

Yeah, absolutely. ; I parried a troll with a level 3 round shield and full health and it took about two thirds of my health; it's now a once in a fight trick. I, too, am using fire arrows a lot more now, I swear a fine wood bow used to make wooden arrow troll-viable.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Kibayasu posted:

I've been playing since launch and just installed the equipment gets their own inventory slot, and the mod to make mass harvesting and planting possible. It's been a game changer for me. I'm a bit reluctant to install some of the more game breaking mods, but I'm kicking myself for not installing those other mods earlier. Why WOULD I want to improve QoL when playing a game I play in single player mode most of the time anyway?

I have yet to take down Moder or venture into the plains, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Is a muck shake technically an energy drink?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

It's a smoothie, or maybe a protein shake.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Jack B Nimble posted:

Yeah, absolutely. ; I parried a troll with a level 3 round shield and full health and it took about two thirds of my health; it's now a once in a fight trick. I, too, am using fire arrows a lot more now, I swear a fine wood bow used to make wooden arrow troll-viable.

Tower shields are surprisingly legit now!

bone shield kinda owns

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Death penalty starts to get extremely frustrating when you get to 40+ in various stats since it takes progressively longer to recover that lost 5%.

Right now on my friends server I was fighting a sea monster in a rickety karve during a storm. The storm damage finished it off and I am stubbornly swimming to some tiny islands that are 'close' in boat terms but prohibitively far in swimming terms. I'll swim till my stamina runs out, switch over to my other seed to recover, switch back to go a bit more. But it's taking forever.

I know I could just switch over, dump all my equipment, switch back and just drown to get back home quicker but I'm stubborn and tired of losing progress. Hopefully my friend and I are on at the same time and he can play coast guard and come rescue me.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Synastren posted:

Tower shields are surprisingly legit now!

bone shield kinda owns

I was thatching a roof when a buddy walked by and said check out this dark souls shield!

I still prefer the aesthetic of the round shield, but new items and more choices is no bad thing.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have to say that the mods that add enchanting/magic affixes (EpicLoot) and the one that adds a ton of armors (Terraheim) are really fantastic. I’m actually looting and saving everything because it all gets ground up for enchanting materials and the set bonuses on armor are making me actually think about upgrades. Highly recommend.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Bioshuffle posted:

I have yet to take down Moder or venture into the plains, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Make sure you don't lose any of Moder's stuff because it tumbles down a mountain side and into a black forest. I didn't figure out something was missing until later and it was the trophy. I thought drat, I really want that sailing power more than any of the others. I could kill her again but bleh, boss fights are my least favorite part of the game.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Death penalty starts to get extremely frustrating when you get to 40+ in various stats since it takes progressively longer to recover that lost 5%.

Right now on my friends server I was fighting a sea monster in a rickety karve during a storm. The storm damage finished it off and I am stubbornly swimming to some tiny islands that are 'close' in boat terms but prohibitively far in swimming terms. I'll swim till my stamina runs out, switch over to my other seed to recover, switch back to go a bit more. But it's taking forever.

I know I could just switch over, dump all my equipment, switch back and just drown to get back home quicker but I'm stubborn and tired of losing progress. Hopefully my friend and I are on at the same time and he can play coast guard and come rescue me.

If you're willing to go to that insanely much trouble to violate the spirit of the game's rules, just cheat. That's a spectacular amount of your life that you'll never get back that you're using up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Grevling posted:

Make sure you don't lose any of Moder's stuff because it tumbles down a mountain side and into a black forest. I didn't figure out something was missing until later and it was the trophy. I thought drat, I really want that sailing power more than any of the others. I could kill her again but bleh, boss fights are my least favorite part of the game.

I don't really care for the boss fights either, so I've taken to having my new characters just steal whatever boss drops they need from my first character when they're ready for the next tier.