Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

I'd wager they'll start remaking things. A new Metroplex wouldn't shock me.

The old one was 2013, so maybe yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Maybe they'll make non combining combiners. G1 Accurate Superion and Menasor figures.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Medullah posted:

Maybe they'll make non combining combiners. G1 Accurate Superion and Menasor figures.

I.. don't know how I feel about that lol

The whole point of transformers is they transform!

... but, titan-sized combiners would be pretty rad. I'd like Bruticus, on account I had no desire to dive into all the extremely cool looking but devastatingly expensive 3P stuff.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Medullah posted:

New Menasor coming next year, with Deluxe limbs and Commander Class torso, so that doesn't seem to be it. Rumors of a Metroplex 2.0 have swirled for a couple years now.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
i remember when deceptive thinker first hinted at 2013 metroplex in a previous incarnation of this thread

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Keldroc posted:

New Menasor coming next year, with Deluxe limbs and Commander Class torso, so that doesn't seem to be it. Rumors of a Metroplex 2.0 have swirled for a couple years now.

Are there any pics of that? I got back into TF right around CW and just missed out on Menasor, which sucks because he's my favorite combiner.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

DoctorWhat posted:

i remember when deceptive thinker first hinted at 2013 metroplex in a previous incarnation of this thread

Before you guys started disecting every word I said.

Even regarding the current conversation I want to say something but I'm tongue tied

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
we love you here, DT

EDIT: god i would have been like. a teenager.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
It's still a month away but is anybody going to TFCon Baltimore? I'm excited to go to a convention again. Usually the TFCons I go to are within driving distance but this will be the first flying any-con in a long time for me. $99 for a 7am flight from Detroit, woohoo! GenCon just finished in Indianapolis and hopefully they did ok COVID-wise. And Origins is later this month. TFCon should be a much smaller affair though. I'm hoping to maybe pickup some SS figures I've been sleeping on and a couple cheaper MP figures. Some hard-to-finds (e.g. Punch/Counterpunch) and knick-knacks would be ok too, but this is the first TFCon where I'll have to worry about luggage.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Medullah posted:

Are there any pics of that? I got back into TF right around CW and just missed out on Menasor, which sucks because he's my favorite combiner.

No pics yet, just leaked SKUs from retailer listings. Given how the line is going I'd assume it'll be pretty drat show accurate, though, certainly in comparison to the CW one.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Silhouette posted:

So where the gently caress do we go with Titan class next? We already have the big boys done, plus the Ark, so does hasbro move on to non-G1 stuff? Titan class Armada Tidal Wave or Energon Metroplex maybe?

Make Titan-class Seaspray you cowards

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would absolutely be up for titan class tidal wave

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I have no idea how well the Ark transformer will do or how many of these behemoths the market can bear, but Nemesis seems like a natural progression. Biggest problem design-wise is probably that the Ark is a much simpler object that can support its own weight while Nemesis would need some kind of stand.

If they tried to make titan versions of the Quintesson ships, it'd get even more complicated to deal with that absurd geometry.

I guess they could also make another Cybertron/Primus, but that has its own weird structural issues depending on how much more they wanna tackle the crazy geometry of the planet as it shows up in the cartoon, with its massive open cavities.

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 20, 2021

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I've read rumors that the new Metroplex is Cybertron Metroplex, the giant excavator. I'd rather have a Tidal Wave though.

I wouldn't mind an updated G1 Metroplex but I'm not sure what they'd do with it to distinguish it from the last one. Maybe make it shorter and squater to look more like the G1 character and not tower over Trypticon?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They could rerelease him as Metrotitan.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Captain Invictus posted:

I would absolutely be up for titan class tidal wave

That would be killer.

A new menasor will probably eat the last of my shelf space up :/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ruddiger posted:

They could rerelease him as Metrotitan.

I was surprised they resisted that urge initially.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Titan class Space Gary let's gooooooooooooo

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Titan class Grandus. Even fatter.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I want to say something but I'm tongue tied

Tongue... Tied...

Something that has Tongues and can be tied together...

Titan Class Magnaboss confirmed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/ashpolt/status/1439940645385383937

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I'm really looking forward to the new Menasor but where's MP Raiden dammit

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Anora posted:

Tongue... Tied...

Something that has Tongues and can be tied together...

Titan Class Magnaboss confirmed.
Titan Class Decepticharge.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Titan-class Action Master Bumblebee

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Titan class BM Cheetor.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Titan Class Under-3

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Titan class Optimus Minor. 1/1 scale to a monkey

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Titan class Axalon with detachable bridge module so you can put it next to the Ark like the Maximal base from season 3 of BW

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tighclops posted:

Titan class Axalon with detachable bridge module so you can put it next to the Ark like the Maximal base from season 3 of BW

This.

THIS.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tighclops posted:

I'd prob buy an Ark for this.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would absolutely love transforming versions of the maximal/predacon ships, that would rule.

predacon ship might be a bit difficult but the maximal one would definitely work.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Scored a Gnaw at Target today. Gnaw was one of my favorites as a kid. Love it.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Keep posting these ideas I'll forward them to design

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

can't wait for masterpiece optimus minor, thanks for making my dream a reality

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

about that Dragonzord I requested

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Realease the yellow and turquoise G2 Grimlock

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
so the Axalon's bridge module is a Weaponizer that disassembles and combines with Mainframe to make another robot whose name is also a ReBoot pun, the entire set comes with the Vok Transmetal Driver ala the Ark's golden discs OR the Vok Obelisk from The Trigger OR the Vok pod thing that beamed up Optimus in that first season episode OR all three if you want to charge out the rear end for it

e: oh poo poo do the Vok Metalhunter and somehow it transforms with that giant megatron face in it

Action Master Depth Charge with transforming Starhopper spaceship (how do you know he wasn't an action master YOU DONT) Since canonically the one time we saw it crash into water it immediately sank it's safe to say it'd have to transform into something other than a submarine

Screen accurate Beast Machines Deluxe Jetstorm and Obsidian Thrust too but you have to do a Highlander reference on the packaging because the voice actor was in the 90's tv series

Beast Machines Cybertropolis Playset with Deluxe Botanica (lmao lol)

Brand Crossover! Beast Machines ChiaPlanet Cybertron

TransTech, cowards

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Cosmos is the only spaceship I need.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Still waiting on my Galvatron to ship, could the delay be due to them fixing the shoulder issue.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Cosmos is the only spaceship I need.

There was a female spaceship in Gobots called Pathfinder, she was kinda like the old Cylon ships. They should introduce her and make them the cutest space ship couple going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Studio Series Rescue Bots (the first series)