Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Long shot, but does anyone here have the GI Joe mass device from when they did the you a while back? I'm looking for pics of the jars and the bases of the jars. Found some cool crystals and figured I'd make a small replica.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Someone either convince me or dissuade me from ordering a $160 Figuarts Ultra Instinct Sign Goku.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Shiroc posted:

Someone either convince me or dissuade me from ordering a $160 Figuarts Ultra Instinct Sign Goku.

Just get this. It’s like 99% indistinguishable plus comes with an extra SSJB head.

https://5ktoys.com/collections/df/products/preorder-df-custom-dbz-blue-battle-damaged-goko

Think it comes with a stand too, even. And that unique Jiren head.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/super7store/status/1439997926785310728?s=21

Two of my three favorite childhood TMNT figures are in this wave, Slash and Sewer Surfer Mike. They are looking pretty sweet. The third being Casey Jones.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Nanigans posted:

Just get this. It’s like 99% indistinguishable plus comes with an extra SSJB head.

https://5ktoys.com/collections/df/products/preorder-df-custom-dbz-blue-battle-damaged-goko

Think it comes with a stand too, even. And that unique Jiren head.

For someone who foolishly though I only need one Goku when the SHF Omen figure came out, this looks like a really really nice replacement! Pretty cheap too for what I assume is a custom?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrChud posted:

Two of my three favorite childhood TMNT figures are in this wave, Slash and Sewer Surfer Mike. They are looking pretty sweet. The third being Casey Jones.

The insanity of this line is just so amazing. Sewer goddamned Surfing Mikey. Who's could have imagined we'd see a new version of that toy.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/io9/status/1440028756521807874

Only $3,680 lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Put it in random people’s bed.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

For someone who foolishly though I only need one Goku when the SHF Omen figure came out, this looks like a really really nice replacement! Pretty cheap too for what I assume is a custom?

It’s a mass produced figure from China. The brand’s name is Demoniacal Fit. Like I said, 99% indistinguishable from the original. The plastic is slightly cheaper, and occasionally you get a paint splotch or two, but that happens even with the real McCoy. I recently got their Zamasu and not only is it identical to the original, it came with his energy blade and an extra Goku Black head/hands that didn’t come with the original.

No one knows how exactly, but the manufacturer likely has a connection to the factories where the Japanese figures are produced in China and using slightly cheaper plastic, makes these using the actual molds.

They often make discontinued figures and occasionally all-new figures of their own. They made Captain Ginyu, Jeice and Guldo years before Bandai did, for example.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

CelticPredator posted:

Put it in random people’s bed.

Place it near your front door and kiss it every time you leave and come home

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah “night shift” stuff getting made at the factories and being sold is a huge part of piracy. It happens all the time in the fashion world.

It’s one of the reasons I don’t want to have any of my stuff made over there. I have a friend who had his first soft vinyl figure made in China and sure enough that happened 2 weeks after his debut. There of course is also just remold piracy of toys as well but 🤷🏻‍♂️

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

DrChud posted:

This line is nailing it lately. I preordered Slash and Sewer Surfer Mikey from BBTS. Both are in my top five fave TMNT figures and I'm so stoked they're making them.

Now where's my Fugitoid, Super 7?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Shiroc posted:

Why so expensive? Normally they're much cheaper. Or are you trying to find one sold out for months now, if that's the case I suggest waiting. They do tend to redo some down the line and such a figure like that is bound to show up again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was an event exclusive.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

The Last Call posted:

Why so expensive? Normally they're much cheaper. Or are you trying to find one sold out for months now, if that's the case I suggest waiting. They do tend to redo some down the line and such a figure like that is bound to show up again.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah my motivation is that I really like how it looks and would like to fill out my Goku lineup. I don't know how quickly they would get back around to what I think is a kind of narrow and very particular version of him.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Aphrodite posted:

Shiroc posted:

Yeah my motivation is that I really like how it looks and would like to fill out my Goku lineup. I don't know how quickly they would get back around to what I think is a kind of narrow and very particular version of him.

I had to check, I actually own it.

Bought it from BBTS, one of the final figures of that line I purchased.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/130129

Sold out of, the price is different, between shipping/tax etc mine cost around 94 dollars originally.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 20, 2021

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

That Super7 Slash was a no brainer for me. I also picked up some Mousers because I’m weak, and the Surfin’ Mikey since the original figure was a bath time favorite of mine and it’ll look fun on my desk when I move to California. This line is so great.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Black Series Koska Reeves (Mandalorian) came in today from Amazon. Dorkside hasn't yet shipped the previous wave with Bo Katan and Hunter. Is anyone else having issues with Dorkside?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Joe Fisto posted:

Black Series Koska Reeves (Mandalorian) came in today from Amazon. Dorkside hasn't yet shipped the previous wave with Bo Katan and Hunter. Is anyone else having issues with Dorkside?

Yeah. They were solid for years, but every order I’ve placed in the last 6 months has been a headache and there’s little to no communication on their end. I know part of it isn’t their fault thanks to covid still loving with supply chains, but no other e-tailer has an issue sending out delay emails.

I’ve also twice now emailed them to cancel individual items in an order, only for them to cancel the entire order without my approval. I think the Black Series Tech I got this past week was the last outstanding order I had from them and it’ll probably be my last for a while.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Do any of y’all have the Eastman/Laird Turtles from a while back, or can at least tell me who made them? My googling is not great but I seem to remember that there was a set maybe three or four years ago? I got into TMNT early but found the first four E/L collections at a bookstore in the mall (back when that was a thing) and never could go back from that being the Turtles I wanted in toy form.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Do any of y’all have the Eastman/Laird Turtles from a while back, or can at least tell me who made them? My googling is not great but I seem to remember that there was a set maybe three or four years ago? I got into TMNT early but found the first four E/L collections at a bookstore in the mall (back when that was a thing) and never could go back from that being the Turtles I wanted in toy form.

Sounds like you're talking about the 2008 NECA set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZel_BH8kkk

There are identical knock offs still being sold on Ebay for a decent price with colored head bands as well

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Joe Fisto posted:

I'm still waiting on Wrecker from them. Also the archive Obi-Wan but I don't think anyone has that yet.

I also got my Lando and Q9-0 from GameStop, but Aurra Sing and Koska Reeves are showing an expected date of October 10 after I dunno how many delays.

Also waiting on Tech from BBTS.

Feels bad man

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Everyone is having issues with Star Wars right now because prior year sales caused them to short all orders by 15% across the board so retailers are not getting their full orders. Star Wars team is going to continue doing so because on their side everything is selling out now, and they don’t have to liquidate stock directly.

Now you may wonder how they could do this, but you also need to factor in that retailers in general get 20% cancellation rate from customers on preorders. So Hasbro is essentially cutting into their cancellation stock. But popular figures just straight up disappear in this scenario.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah. They were solid for years, but every order I’ve placed in the last 6 months has been a headache and there’s little to no communication on their end. I know part of it isn’t their fault thanks to covid still loving with supply chains, but no other e-tailer has an issue sending out delay emails.

I’ve also twice now emailed them to cancel individual items in an order, only for them to cancel the entire order without my approval. I think the Black Series Tech I got this past week was the last outstanding order I had from them and it’ll probably be my last for a while.

Nanigans posted:

I'm still waiting on Wrecker from them. Also the archive Obi-Wan but I don't think anyone has that yet.

I also got my Lando and Q9-0 from GameStop, but Aurra Sing and Koska Reeves are showing an expected date of October 10 after I dunno how many delays.

Also waiting on Tech from BBTS.

Feels bad man

I hope they're able to get their poo poo together. Until they do however, this outstanding order will be my last with them.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah “night shift” stuff getting made at the factories and being sold is a huge part of piracy. It happens all the time in the fashion world.

It’s one of the reasons I don’t want to have any of my stuff made over there. I have a friend who had his first soft vinyl figure made in China and sure enough that happened 2 weeks after his debut. There of course is also just remold piracy of toys as well but 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well with 3D scanning tech getting better I don't think they are going to need access to original molds for much longer to knock stuff off. Get a retail figure or preferably access to the original molds for a few minutes, scan and then remake them.

That coupled with the massive cost increases and difficulties getting product from China I am betting that a lot of companies are going to move manufacturing back to the US and Europe likely sooner than later.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Burkion posted:

Sounds like you're talking about the 2008 NECA set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZel_BH8kkk

There are identical knock offs still being sold on Ebay for a decent price with colored head bands as well

Fuuuuuuuuck. I need those Turtles! I had no idea it was that long ago. Thanks for that. I thought that they were only released in b&w, which would be fine but the colorized with all red bandanas are fantastic! Any suggestions on keywords for eBay? I don’t mind knock offs but I’m assuming the quality varies wildly and honestly don’t want to go THAT DEEP into it.

E: Holy gently caress, just looked it up and the set four (legit) turtles is between $700-1500! Jfc, I hate this hobby. I know I’m not anywhere near as balls deep in it than most of y’all are, but uh…

Bulgaroctonus fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 21, 2021

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Free Comic Book Day old school turtle figures are pretty cool. They’re like a gray with the red bandanas.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Djarum posted:

Well with 3D scanning tech getting better I don't think they are going to need access to original molds for much longer to knock stuff off. Get a retail figure or preferably access to the original molds for a few minutes, scan and then remake them.

That coupled with the massive cost increases and difficulties getting product from China I am betting that a lot of companies are going to move manufacturing back to the US and Europe likely sooner than later.

Oh absolutely- I know a few years back I started seeing "NO 3D SCANNING" signs with the international circle-slash symbol in multiple languages on people's tables at toy shows. But to be honest if your toy is popular, it will get pirated. That's it.

I am not trying to say "China bad raarrrr" because that is simply xenophobic bullshit, but the fact is that most manufacturing is happening there, so that's were a great deal of piracy happens.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Fuuuuuuuuck. I need those Turtles! I had no idea it was that long ago. Thanks for that. I thought that they were only released in b&w, which would be fine but the colorized with all red bandanas are fantastic! Any suggestions on keywords for eBay? I don’t mind knock offs but I’m assuming the quality varies wildly and honestly don’t want to go THAT DEEP into it.

E: Holy gently caress, just looked it up and the set four (legit) turtles is between $700-1500! Jfc, I hate this hobby. I know I’m not anywhere near as balls deep in it than most of y’all are, but uh…

The KO set is great, you might have to swap some feet around but they're really solid.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Oh absolutely- I know a few years back I started seeing "NO 3D SCANNING" signs with the international circle-slash symbol in multiple languages on people's tables at toy shows. But to be honest if your toy is popular, it will get pirated. That's it.

I am not trying to say "China bad raarrrr" because that is simply xenophobic bullshit, but the fact is that most manufacturing is happening there, so that's were a great deal of piracy happens.

Well it is a mixture of most manufacturing being done there and little to no care for IP protections there and absolutely no consequences for knocking off products. It's not just toys, it is basically everything. If there is a market for your product someone is going to try and knock it off.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Djarum posted:

Well it is a mixture of most manufacturing being done there and little to no care for IP protections there and absolutely no consequences for knocking off products. It's not just toys, it is basically everything. If there is a market for your product someone is going to try and knock it off.

Oh for sure. My father's name and art is part of what was once a huge fashion line, so I've known this for years. Pirated items are still a part of it. It's wild.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Apropos of nothing: I saw a random internet thing that mentioned Squirrel Girl, and remembered I kinda wanted the Marvel Legends figure with the scooter just because I thought it was cute and funny (knowing next to nothing about the character), remembered that it was going for pretty cheap when I looked a few months ago, and did another search.

It turns out Hasbro has it listed directly on eBay for only twenty bucks, with free standard shipping. Pretty good deal. What's perhaps more interesting is this DID NOT come up in an eBay search for "Squirrel Girl" because the name got cut off by eBay's character limit; it just says "Hasbro Marvel Legends Series 6-inch Collectible Action Figure Unbeatable," just short of saying the loving name of the character. I'm bringing it up here for a few reasons; #1 it's a good deal, like I said, if you also want the thing. #2 it's funny that they hosed the name up in their listing. #3, maybe Hasbro has some other direct sales on eBay with low prices that don't come up in searches because they don't pay attention to these details... figured people here might want to click through and browse their listings.

Anyway, I bought that immediately... a deluxe figure cheaper than a regular one is a solid deal, and I find it delightful. That one might just stay in the box until my kid is old enough to enjoy it, though.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Apropos of nothing: I saw a random internet thing that mentioned Squirrel Girl, and remembered I kinda wanted the Marvel Legends figure with the scooter just because I thought it was cute and funny (knowing next to nothing about the character), remembered that it was going for pretty cheap when I looked a few months ago, and did another search.

It turns out Hasbro has it listed directly on eBay for only twenty bucks, with free standard shipping. Pretty good deal. What's perhaps more interesting is this DID NOT come up in an eBay search for "Squirrel Girl" because the name got cut off by eBay's character limit; it just says "Hasbro Marvel Legends Series 6-inch Collectible Action Figure Unbeatable," just short of saying the loving name of the character. I'm bringing it up here for a few reasons; #1 it's a good deal, like I said, if you also want the thing. #2 it's funny that they hosed the name up in their listing. #3, maybe Hasbro has some other direct sales on eBay with low prices that don't come up in searches because they don't pay attention to these details... figured people here might want to click through and browse their listings.

Anyway, I bought that immediately... a deluxe figure cheaper than a regular one is a solid deal, and I find it delightful. That one might just stay in the box until my kid is old enough to enjoy it, though.

Really should buy one of those eventually, I'm a huge fan of the USG costumes for Doreen and it honestly amazes me how long it took for them to do a Squirrel Girl figure(that wasn't a fashion doll)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was on clearance at Target for about that and I was very tempted, I should pick one up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
:stare:

22 inches high!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bulgaroctonus posted:

I better not tell my wife that or she'll make me sell em all. :lol: Granted, they are loose.

But wow, Sewer Surfer Mikey is drat tempting and along with Slash who rules. Holy poo poo I loved those as a kid. If they do the loving red bull or a triceraton I am done for.

You could bash those around like crazy.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Just look up NECA TMNT Colored Headbands

They tend to run about 70 bucks for all four.

Also, because there's a very real possibility that they were/are made by the same factory that NECA uses, they're pretty much identical to the real figures.

Phelous isn't the...he's an acquired taste but his video on them is pretty much dead on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEL8JPKza_0

He's also, some how, still the only youtuber to go in depth on the Galaxy Warriors and all of its myriad of knock offs and spin offs. Legit I would love for a modern day Galaxy Warrior line and while he has issues as a video maker, his stuff is pretty drat good on it.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

I better not tell my wife that or she'll make me sell em all. :lol: Granted, they are loose.

But wow, Sewer Surfer Mikey is drat tempting and along with Slash who rules. Holy poo poo I loved those as a kid. If they do the loving red bull or a triceraton I am done for.

You could bash those around like crazy.

Hell yes! These two along with Panda Kahn and Hot Head are my biggest wants remaining. I also think they would kill a Pizza Face figure.

Edit: and NECA has already announced their Ground Chuck.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Burkion posted:

Just look up NECA TMNT Colored Headbands

They tend to run about 70 bucks for all four.

Also, because there's a very real possibility that they were/are made by the same factory that NECA uses, they're pretty much identical to the real figures.

Phelous isn't the...he's an acquired taste but his video on them is pretty much dead on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEL8JPKza_0

He's also, some how, still the only youtuber to go in depth on the Galaxy Warriors and all of its myriad of knock offs and spin offs. Legit I would love for a modern day Galaxy Warrior line and while he has issues as a video maker, his stuff is pretty drat good on it.

They do the red and black and white ones still as well. They are pretty much identical to the original NECA figures. There are some slight differences with paint but I think even that has been sorted since they first came out. There was a rumor going around for awhile that NECA was wink and nudging people to get those and the first cartoon turtle sets that were KO because they legally couldn't sell them anymore so there was some sort of under the table deal with them. Who knows if that is true or still happening if they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
$20 is great for squirrel girl. I waited until I saw it for like $25 before grabbing it. She's fine on her moped but her squirrels are on my desk in mortal peril of being mashed with a hammer by BossFight Studios' Max. He's such a cute misguided little bunny.