Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
The Vikings have taught me that the 5 Stages of Grief aren’t a straight line but a circle. I’m currently chilling in acceptance and it goddamn rules, gonna take at least a new coaching staff and QB to bump me back to feeling things again. Or does that make this denial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

QB Done

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/1439974868993277952

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao, probably more personel, but whatever. NFL coaches extremely care about what they project publicly to the other team. Nagy or any coach nowadays isn't going to say anything about who the QB is going to be until they have to.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Looking forward to Nagy waffling on this poo poo for weeks.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm guessing Fields is the starter. If Dalton has any mobility issues at all, he can't start. Line is just not good enough to protect a statue back there.

Not sure why it's a giant secret. Guess we'll find out who is getting 1st team reps this week.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The advantage you gain from forcing the Browns to gameplan for both Andy Dalton and Justin Fields simply can't be comprehended by the casual fan

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

After an offseason of no one talking about anything but the quarterback, the Bears managed to Bears the most Bears victory they have had in a while.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/DickersonESPN/status/1439984721014964227

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I love the Bears so much.

tfw ryan pace is mad about you not telling the media Andy Dalton is the starter.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

AsInHowe posted:

The Lions winning tomorrow would be the funniest thing possible

C'mon, just this once. You can do it! Prove that Rodgers is washed and the drama shattered the Packers' chemistry and that the nightmare is finally over. :pray:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

GNU Order posted:

The advantage you gain from forcing the Browns to gameplan for both Andy Dalton and Justin Fields simply can't be comprehended by the casual fan

You say this but all of the various spying scandals and the absurdity of Wakeyleaks at the college level means that everyone cares about this poo poo.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
the Vikings are two for two on clownball games with tragic endings and I'm very excited for the ride this season

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Thaddius the Large posted:

The Vikings have taught me that the 5 Stages of Grief aren’t a straight line but a circle. I’m currently chilling in acceptance and it goddamn rules, gonna take at least a new coaching staff and QB to bump me back to feeling things again. Or does that make this denial?

As soon as he missed the point after my wife said "they're losing this by one", and in my heart I knew it was true.

My favorite part of the game was every time Thielen went to the sideline, grabbed a surgical mask, then pulled it down to his chin to yell at people 6" away from his face.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

jng2058 posted:

C'mon, just this once. You can do it! Prove that Rodgers is washed and the drama shattered the Packers' chemistry and that the nightmare is finally over. :pray:

as if the league would allow that

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Deep in our hearts we know Rodgers will throw for 500 yards and the Packers will win by 40.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Seems like Lions at Lambeau has been a clownball game for the last few years. Bodes well for tonight

e: lol

https://twitter.com/BFawkes22/status/1439968147805671428

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 20, 2021

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Hoping for a tie game so the Bears are still the only NFC North team with a win

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Niwrad posted:

Deep in our hearts we know Rodgers will throw for 500 yards and the Packers will win by 40.

I don’t know this. I’m fearing that the Packers will look just as lovely as last week. I didn’t see the Saints-Panthers game, but it looks like the Sam Darnold Panthers absolutely drubbed the Saints yesterday, and I’m like… really?!

The Packers might just be bad this year, in which case, fire Gute, fire Mark Murphy, release Rodgers, clean out the front office and let the new regime decide who they want to keep from the coaching staff, if anyone. I like LaFleur, but if they wanted to start completely fresh, I wouldn’t care.

And if they suck after all that, ce la vie. :shrug:

gently caress football.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Seems like Lions at Lambeau has been a clownball game for the last few years. Bodes well for tonight

e: lol

https://twitter.com/BFawkes22/status/1439968147805671428

Zero chance this person hasn't hedged hard.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

jng2058 posted:

God doesn't love us that much.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I don’t know this. I’m fearing that the Packers will look just as lovely as last week. I didn’t see the Saints-Panthers game, but it looks like the Sam Darnold Panthers absolutely drubbed the Saints yesterday, and I’m like… really?!

The Packers might just be bad this year, in which case, fire Gute, fire Mark Murphy, release Rodgers, clean out the front office and let the new regime decide who they want to keep from the coaching staff, if anyone. I like LaFleur, but if they wanted to start completely fresh, I wouldn’t care.

gently caress football.

The saints had several defenders and their center out from injury against the panthers

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

gently caress football.

I would be fine with most of this except for firing Matty. I think he’s been pretty good for us aside from The Field Goal so far, and his record is pretty drat good. Also Handsome Coaches are cool and good. If we sucked next year too maybe.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Andey has a bone bruise in his knee

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean week one games can be wonky so the packers could be fine and just had a bad game.

Or they are a trash fire.

Either or

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Rooting for a tie tonight.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

T-Square posted:

I would be fine with most of this except for firing Matty. I think he’s been pretty good for us aside from The Field Goal so far, and his record is pretty drat good. Also Handsome Coaches are cool and good. If we sucked next year too maybe.

The number one thing that concerns me about LaFleur is that he went to bat for Joe Barry. Now, maybe Barry learned something from working for Wade Phillips, but I swear to god, if this defense ranks worse than the last few years under Pettine, I’m just loving done until there’s regime change.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Yeah I think the Packers are still a very good team but Barry possibly being horrible may drag this team down hard.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Niwrad posted:

How do you even do that with the Packers moneyline being -650, put up most of the 726k? Do books even let you do that without actually needing to put up the money? I don't know dick about sports betting.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Niwrad posted:

There's absolutely a chance they didn't.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

tinstaach posted:

How do you even do that with the Packers moneyline being -650, put up most of the 726k? Do books even let you do that without actually needing to put up the money? I don't know dick about sports betting.

What you do in this case is go to the sports book and see what the buy out would be. The sports book will run the odds and go, okay, we can offer you some chunk of the total value right now if you want to just lock in your winnings and be done with it. In this case, you're probably giving up at least half the potential winnings, which considering the alternative is putting your house on the Packers moneyline, probably worth doing.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Packers elevate Equanimeous St Brown from the PS for tonight's game, meaning he'll play vs brother Amon-Ra St Brown, and also that Green Bay must be confident Darnell Savage is good to go because they didn;'t elevate a safety.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Niwrad posted:

its a $25 bet

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Did Dan Campbell place the bet?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

That doesn’t matter? You place a massive bet on the Packers to win so you either win 726k minus the massive bet if the Packers lose or you win the massive bet minus 25 dollars if the Packers win.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 20, 2021

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Hand Row posted:

That doesn’t matter? You place a massive bet on the Packers to win so you either win 726k minus the massive bet if the Packers lose or you win the massive bet minus 25 dollars if the Packers win.

the person bet 25 bucks on a ton of things happening, and if all those things happen, they’ll win 726k, and if even one doesn’t, they lose their bet

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

That's what I was wondering, this "massive bet" would have to be several hundred thousand dollars, which $25 bettors probably cannot scrounge up on less than 24 hours notice without some kind of shortcut offered by the book, which is what that cashout option seems to be.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Hand Row posted:

lol it's 25$ dollars

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Yeah, he doesn't owe the $726K to the sports book if the parlay doesn't win out, he just loses his $25 original bet and doesn't win anything.

That said, apparently it was a free bet, so he can't cash out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

tinstaach posted:

$600k on the Pack ML guarantees $100k profit. Then again, if they have $600k sitting around, it might be more fun to just let it ride.

If this person doesn't have much money, their best plan is to sell the ticket.

Regardless, it's a lesson as to why you don't put the longshot at the end of your parlay.