Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bunnyofdoom)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Starks posted:

clearly not what I said lol. Isn't there a whole forum for disingenuous shitposting like this?

I think you're in it, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Arc Hammer posted:

I guess all that campaigning in the park Annamie Paul did for the Liberals didn't sway your vote.

She's probably still going to finish second and there will be much hand-wringing about it for a day or two, and then everybody will forget.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Le Saboteur posted:

Not sure if this policy or just a polling place making their decision but pretty wild nonetheless. https://twitter.com/davidharvey/status/1440009596014415872?s=20

policy may have changed since the Advance Polls and it probably depends on where this happened but during Advance Polls we were told "clear the room and let them vote, then let everyone else in" was an option to accommodate anti-maskers but everyone in my polling place shared the opinion of "gently caress that, we're not pushing these assholes to the front of the line" and instead had solutions like "will you at the very least where a face shield?" or "we are not denying you your right to vote, we are telling you that we have multiple authorities telling us to not allow anyone refusing to wear a mask into this room. here's the address where you can go and they will accommodate you"

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

You're invited to irc.synirc.net #diefenbunker for all your Election poo poo-talking.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Drunk Canuck posted:

You're invited to irc.synirc.net #diefenbunker for all your Election poo poo-talking.

Hey friendo, could you turn off +v?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

For tonight, sure.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

War gives the right to the conquerors to impose any condition they please upon the vanquished.
I really hope Terry Beech loses.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Voted, was really nice to see everyone wearing masks even though it won't be mandated again till tomorrow. I still cannot wrap my head around them removing the mask mandate in the first place, so drat stupid since we immediatly started getting jumps in infections.

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

ZShakespeare posted:

I really hope Terry Beech loses.

More like Terry Bitch

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

Calumanjaro posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/escrimshaw/status/1439222895121772544

PPC at 21% in Alberta. Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Man, 21% for the PPC could swing a few seats in Alberta.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

In and out in less than 5 minutes. I was optimistic about the Cons losing Barrie-Oro-Springwater but apparently they got out big this weekend and every other front lawn along my route in to the polling station had a CPC sign out front.

I almost had hope. :smith:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Libs are leading in 1, time for the talking heads to analyze it nonstop for two hours.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Libs are leading in 1, time for the talking heads to analyze it nonstop for two hours.

"This is what Justin Trudeau was hoping for, will it pan out? Time will tell."

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Drunk Canuck posted:

"This is what Justin Trudeau was hoping for, will it pan out? Time will tell."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg_ghkwt5cs

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Aces High posted:

policy may have changed since the Advance Polls and it probably depends on where this happened but during Advance Polls we were told "clear the room and let them vote, then let everyone else in" was an option to accommodate anti-maskers but everyone in my polling place shared the opinion of "gently caress that, we're not pushing these assholes to the front of the line" and instead had solutions like "will you at the very least where a face shield?" or "we are not denying you your right to vote, we are telling you that we have multiple authorities telling us to not allow anyone refusing to wear a mask into this room. here's the address where you can go and they will accommodate you"

I’m genuinely trying to understand the logic behind accommodations for non-medical reasons. They can turn you away if you show up to vote naked, can’t they? Why is this different?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Once again being persecuted for my deeply held nudist beliefs

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do any sites have a real-time map of the ridings?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

I was thinking about lawn signs on my bike ride to drop the kid off at daycare this morning. The whole ride is straight through two NDP stronghold ridings, but there were a fair number of liberal signs popping up.

But there are a huge number of people here living in apartments too, and lawn signs are pretty biased towards wealthier people who own detached houses, and are going to skew more right.

Canada-wide, detached houses only account for 53.5% of dwellings. It obviously depends a lot on your local area composition, but in general lawn signs are not a very representative sampling of the leanings of the electorate.

https://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/corporate/statistics/neud/dpa/showTable.cfm?type=HB&sector=res&juris=00&rn=11&page=0

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

IDK how real-time you're expecting but generally they'll update their maps as enough polls report in for them to make a prediction on a riding.

The Star has a riding map here

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Arc Hammer posted:

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2021/results/

Sorta kinda

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

My only hope is that we get something batshit like the PPC declaring victory at 7:45

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I was thinking about lawn signs on my bike ride to drop the kid off at daycare this morning. The whole ride is straight through two NDP stronghold ridings, but there were a fair number of liberal signs popping up.

But there are a huge number of people here living in apartments too, and lawn signs are pretty biased towards wealthier people who own detached houses, and are going to skew more right.

Canada-wide, detached houses only account for 53.5% of dwellings. It obviously depends a lot on your local area composition, but in general lawn signs are not a very representative sampling of the leanings of the electorate.

https://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/corporate/statistics/neud/dpa/showTable.cfm?type=HB&sector=res&juris=00&rn=11&page=0
Most lawn signs I see aren't even on private property. They seem more like a reflection of the party's sign budget.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Powershift posted:

My only hope is that we get something batshit like the PPC declaring victory at 7:45

Conservatives already declared victory

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fe...servatives.html

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lmao. Jesus.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

infernal machines posted:

IDK how real-time you're expecting but generally they'll update their maps as enough polls report in for them to make a prediction on a riding.

The Star has a riding map here

That will do, thanks.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

lol if the Liberals get a minority but the NDP are the opposition.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Aim high I guess :shrug:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Barrie is just one massive suburb and most of the apartments are the college dorms.

This place is so depressing. But hey, at least its not Peterborough!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If Otoole loses does he get a mulligan or do we find out he's been embezzling party funds for his family like Scheer did and he gets booted?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

He’s trying to get ahead of the leadership review which will get initiated tomorrow morning.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

and ctvnews.ca already has their tracker running

This is cool for the live updates, and I've got cbc.ca stream up too. Ready to hear many aboots.

Is there a good interactive/live map anyone's got?

Thanks Canada goons!

EDIT: I missed the ctvnews map, seems a goodun: https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/federal-election-2021

Another map: https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2021/results/

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 21, 2021

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Arc Hammer posted:

If Otoole loses does he get a mulligan or do we find out he's been embezzling party funds for his family like Scheer did and he gets booted?
Probably depends on the results. Liberal majority vs minority, PPC vote percentage, NDP vote percentage, etc.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

Arc Hammer posted:

Pierre Poilievre is already canvassing for leadership support lol. O'Toole is gonna get knifed roughly six milliseconds after conceding the election.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
Liberals seem to be running ahead of their 2019 results in Atlantic Canada.

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.

mr. unhsib posted:

Liberals seem to be running ahead of their 2019 results in Atlantic Canada.

Seems pretty early to say no?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Arc Hammer posted:

Unless the loss is really bad I don't think he gets booted from above like Scheer did. I don't think MacKay or someone like him can win right now and I don't think those pulling the strings want to take a chance. I suppose he might get booted from below, but probably just a leadership review to put him on notice. They can always stab him in the back later.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

Capri Sunrise posted:

Seems pretty early to say no?

Oh yeah, way too early :)

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Drunk Canuck posted:

Once again,

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Everyone: "…"
Alberta:
https://twitter.com/AHS_media/status/1440042495744741383?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
"We have successfully found a way to house the rising number of bodies" isn’t the reassurance they seem to think it is.