Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this website is just an "ohhhhh nooooo" generator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

this is my arknights oc now

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

improve challenge name them now

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Basalt

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

start a vtuber thread in the byob chat forum. this thread is for more important things.

vtubers ftw

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

rip bonnivier

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The new vtuber thread... is in your heart.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I must destroy my heart

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Azran posted:

Yesterday night we finished watching Sangatsu no Lion with my mother. What a beautiful show. We were pretty shocked with how much we enjoyed pretty much everyone in the cast, even though some characters (like Gotou) didn't feel as explored as the others. I assume we're not going to get a third season anytime soon, if ever, so I may just bite the bullet and start reading the manga.

I can endorse this path, the manga is great and it's a drat crime that it hasn't got an official english release yet.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

rip bonnivier

cant believe he died on his birthday

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

homeless snail posted:

I must destroy my heart

helloooo butter

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
Only losers still care about Vtubers, I've already moved on to the superior Wtubers.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Quotey posted:

also, there's no english show that has as many puns as a comedy anime right? because jesus christ yakitate has like 4 or 5 an episode. it's pretty interesting really....
only show i think could rival that sort of thing would be xavier: renegade angel

Helter Skelter posted:

I can endorse this path, the manga is great and it's a drat crime that it hasn't got an official english release yet.
gotta wait some bit longer

https://twitter.com/denpa_books/status/1368001455173500929?lang=en

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Well poo poo, at least it's happening!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Finally.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Quotey posted:

saw that Yakitate!! Japan! got licensed to CrunchyRoll- how is the translation? the show is so loving dense in puns it seemed impossible to localise at all, the fansubs 10-15 years ago were really hard to read- if you actually wanted to get 100% you had to pause a lot.

Yakitate!! Japan! is the best anime ever by the way, if you've never watched it. but surely some of you have right. how am i supposed to watch this poo poo with a friend. he thinks its hilarious same as me but man we're missing a little every time they loving bake. guess we just have to learn japanese and live there for 10 years

also, there's no english show that has as many puns as a comedy anime right? because jesus christ yakitate has like 4 or 5 an episode. it's pretty interesting really....

I assume they’re using the official subs from the DVD release. It’s been a while since I watched it so I can’t remember any puns and just the craziness of the show itself, but I don’t recall the subs being bad.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

homeless snail posted:

rip bonnivier

i can't believe bonehaver is dead

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsia2JWuMso
They're really getting good at animating things

(Direct me to a thread if one exists peko)

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Grouchio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsia2JWuMso
They're really getting good at animating things

(Direct me to a thread if one exists peko)

While a lot of HoloGra episodes are really out there, this one feels like it's based on puns from some other plane of reality.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The Syndicate forever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
is she striking an unlikely alliance with a serial killer

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
akuma no riddle: prologue looking good

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Leon: the Animation

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

After it sat on my nightstand for 2 years I finally read Nausicaa and now I am very much up for a hypothetical Khara-Ghibli multi-movie adaptation.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Does that make anymore sense in context or is it supposed to be goofy?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

'Kick her in the knee, she'll fold up like a lawn chair' is going to haunt me for the rest of my life, I swear to god.

https://i.imgur.com/TIV2G11.mp4

I know she's absolutely right though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

Does that make anymore sense in context or is it supposed to be goofy?

They're talking about acting. One of the girls is nervous about playing Juliet, the girl saying the line is playing Tybalt. It is also meant to be a funnily weird thing to say, though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

RareAcumen posted:

'Kick her in the knee, she'll fold up like a lawn chair' is going to haunt me for the rest of my life, I swear to god.

https://i.imgur.com/TIV2G11.mp4

I know she's absolutely right though.

Sleeping Dogs had a move that deliberately targeted the knee:

@00:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUngVYwuVl0&t=42s

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

They're talking about acting. One of the girls is nervous about playing Juliet, the girl saying the line is playing Tybalt. It is also meant to be a funnily weird thing to say, though.

What's it from?

Not that it's necessarily from one, but I've found basically every manga/anime about acting I've seen has been really good.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

kageki shoujo

it's had some issues here and there but i have enjoyed watching it this season.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

So uh, that newest episode of Fena: Pirate Princess...

:stare:

Fuckin' eh.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Mister Facetious posted:

So uh, that newest episode of Fena: Pirate Princess...

:stare:

Fuckin' eh.

Explain? I'm kinda putting off watching that

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fangz posted:

Action, drama, and the loyalty you can only get from strong bonds of friendship, all in one episode.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

kageki shoujo

it's had some issues here and there but i have enjoyed watching it this season.
the middle stretch is pretty rough since it introduces like 3 incredibly dull boyfriends that add nothing to the plot and dont go anywhere but the acting stuff is good when it circles back to it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i enjoy sarasa's bf from the lens of he and the other guy literally just walked in from glass mask and the whole situation is so loving weird it'll eventually blow up into something

and the baseball boy was cute after the show had been particularly dull for a week or two. but it all definitely comes as a bit of a detour to the bits of those stories that actually contain the motivation/history of the girls. and as much as i look forward to the finale, i had a good lol at the advice from sarasa's bf. like cmon man/jfc girl, simultaneously

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fangz posted:

A ship got exploded real bad by the villain and a bunch of people died all at once.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the cannon was very scary

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Oh okay, it's not the "this show sucks now" eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Otherside Picnic is cool