Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Plank Walker posted:

it's insane that like 99% of people can't put on a mask without being pissed off about it. it's like, you wear shoes and pants every single day how loving difficult is just adding a mask, but no, lib and chud alike, everyone is loving raring to take that mask off

i hate it because im a glasses wearer but also im not a child so i'll continue to wear one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Plank Walker posted:

it's insane that like 99% of people can't put on a mask without being pissed off about it. it's like, you wear shoes and pants every single day how loving difficult is just adding a mask, but no, lib and chud alike, everyone is loving raring to take that mask off

But the air smells sweeter!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Stereotype posted:

apparently most people can't sacrifice anything for any length of time. most people are selfish myopic greedy monsters.

i think it's mostly an american issue, we're atomized people, and the squeaky wheel getting the grease continues on until the squeaking stops from all the dying.

since we're atomized people, we have no coherency or direction, we're not really a united state no matter how biden tries to force us to adopt some kind of alt reality for number to stay good

we're on our own so it just feedback loop of hell into the wow, people sure are selfish, that kind of weighted bias compared to people who actually are doing their part, we just don't see them do it because antivaxxers are loud morons who know how to hijack the american attention economy

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol:

The National Guard isn't required to be vaxxed until June

of 2022? :eyepop:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Plank Walker posted:

i have worn a mask in public every day for 18 months, since March 2020. They aren't that bad. It also encourages you to not have bad breath, which is good.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I farted really bad in Wal-Greens earlier and I'm glad I had a mask but it still smelled really bad so I left the aisle I was on

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Stereotype posted:

i have worn a mask in public every day for 18 months, since March 2020. They aren't that bad. It also encourages you to not have bad breath, which is good.

it also makes it so it doesn't matter if you have food in your teeth, which is good too

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Hollismason posted:

I farted really bad in Wal-Greens earlier and I'm glad I had a mask but it still smelled really bad so I left the aisle I was on

We were walking our bikes through a 3/4th mile dark tunnel on Sunday and I busted rear end in the tunnel and it echoed around and someone ahead of us laughed. Glad they thought it was funny.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We were walking our bikes through a 3/4th mile dark tunnel on Sunday and I busted rear end in the tunnel and it echoed around and someone ahead of us laughed. Glad they thought it was funny.

lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

i hate it because im a glasses wearer but also im not a child so i'll continue to wear one

if you wear an N95 properly it doesn't fog up your glasses. Honestly people need to spend a little bit more time on their masks and get one that works best for you. That's why this thread is so big on the elastomerics. Having a well fitting comfortable mask removes most of the burden and you sort of forget you're even wearing it some times.

I put a cool patterned cloth one over an N95 with an exhale valve. It looks nicer than the bare N95, and it covers the exhale valve so people don't get upset. I haven't had any problems with my glasses fogging up since i started using it.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

It's sort of shocking just how long they've managed to ride that propaganda without anyone in mass media saying "hey, we've been doing this for over a year now and nothing's gotten better" though. Pretty impressive.

thing have gotten a lot better for rich people. brunch is back. events are back. travel is back. they have vaccines and boosters whenever they want. they have regeneron if they get sick. stocks are way up, property value is way up. everything is great for them and better than anytime before the pandemic.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Lovelyn posted:

A few pages back, but this is unfolding at my hospital. They stopped our retirement contributions for a while, and won't offer hazard pay for regular shifts or an increase in base pay. They're strongly encouraging us to attend self care seminars where they teach us pearls of wisdom like getting enough sleep and doing something meaningful with our leisure time, meanwhile we're having to take 3:1 ICU runs and dealing with up to 4 deaths per shift (which is uh...high) but they if we pick up an extra shift on top of the horror we've already signed up for they throw cash at us like there's no tomorrow

are ya'll still seeing food provided by the community to eat during what breaks you can get? (I mean money from the corporation would be nice but hey)

Asking because I'm wondering how to reach out to our local hospital here about this, part of me thinks they've got to be still flooded with food but maybe everyone gave up since covid is over.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Plank Walker posted:

the original dicknose comic, but with the guy on the right screaming "MY DICK CAN'T BREATH" before tying a small american flag around it and saying "it's covered, right?" with smug condescension

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nonsense posted:

Germany should execute that man. Any other outcome is not justice.

meanwhile in America

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/clarissajanlim/workers-killed-fights-masks

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

mod sassinator posted:

thing have gotten a lot better for rich people. brunch is back. events are back. travel is back. they have vaccines and boosters whenever they want. they have regeneron if they get sick. stocks are way up, property value is way up. everything is great for them and better than anytime before the pandemic.

Andy Warhol:
"A Coke is a Coke and no amount of money can get you a better Coke than the one the bum on the corner is drinking. All the Cokes are the same and all the Cokes are good. Liz Taylor knows it, the President knows it, the bum knows it, and you know it."

The rich peoples' Cokes are much better than any Coke the rest of us stupid fucks can get and they know it and we don't; as long as they keep us drinking the lovely Coke while they get the good Coke, everything's fine I guess.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

99: Max, the Chief is calling, it sounds urgent!

Chief: Siegfried knocked out Agent 69 and escaped with the top-secret Delta Plans! Were you able to complete Operation Vaccination?

Max: *squints at protest outside hospital* "Missed it by that much!"

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

americans are a cucked people

thats where you're wrong, only the libs are cucked, by their big gvmnt shutdowns, and their forced experimental vaccinations

those liberty aligned individuals among us are not cucked and will not be cucked as long as we draw breath, COVID withstanding, not in politics and not in the bedroom and im living proof of it

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
How long does regeneron last? Got to get those big fake titers, I hear some places you can lie and just get them lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stereotype posted:

The problem is most people don't even bother to try. They wear it exactly as long as the rules require, I frequently see people immediately tear it off the instant they cross the threshold of the store.

At work the idiots can barely wear them in the hallways, with people frequently just not even bothering. I had someone come to my cubicle and hold the damned mask in front of their face the other day.

Makes me glad to be part of the elastomeric crew.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

mod sassinator posted:

Aren't tests, boosters, and regeneron being given away free

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

poll plane variant posted:

Imagine if you had the money to pay a physician who followed you around and dispensed all of those things (and opioids) on demand instead of having to sign up and go wait in line at a site.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lenin Stimpy posted:

thats where you're wrong, only the libs are cucked, by their big gvmnt shutdowns, and their forced experimental vaccinations

those liberty aligned individuals among us are not cucked and will not be cucked as long as we draw breath, COVID withstanding, not in politics and not in the bedroom and im living proof of it

sounds all cucky to me

if liberty aligned individuals were truly free, they wouldn't be trapped in a cuck samsara trying to own libs all the time obsessively without seeing that there's more to life than idiot libs~

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Imagine if you had the money to pay a physician who followed you around and dispensed all of those things (and opioids) on demand instead of having to sign up and go wait in line at a site.

I don't think that's the average petty boug guy who's made money off the pandemic and is living like covid is over

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Loucks posted:

Holy poo poo. The rest aside (and it shouldn’t be) if my employer tried this I’d immediately stop working and go find a position elsewhere. Is there special training required to be a travel nurse, because if admin is going to gently caress you over like that why stay?

Traveling requires just one year of experience, but I'm staying because I am a naive rube who derives joy from serving my community. Travel nurses also (generally) provide a lower standard of care because each facility is different, they have different protocols, different parameters, different equipment, etc. I don't judge people for traveling, we NEED it (literally over half of our ICU noc shift are travelers), but I just don't think it's for me right now, also have elderly cats that I don't want to uproot

Lovelyn fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 21, 2021

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

regeneron is only 'free' if you have insurance, and even then it's hard to get it prescribed if you aren't in a state with clinics on every corner. also you probably still have copays and such for getting it

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
can we just recommend a booster for the general pop already what the gently caress

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

It's sort of shocking just how long they've managed to ride that propaganda without anyone in mass media saying "hey, we've been doing this for over a year now and nothing's gotten better" though. Pretty impressive.

any news person who would ask questions like that would eventually get fired or quit, not that they would even have been hired in the first place

open biden

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

I can't recommend Dan Carlin's "Supernova in the East" podcast series enough, a big part of the impetus to drop the atomic bomb (quite possibly consent manufacturing) was the massive number of American deaths on Peleliu and Okinawa, and American mothers writing letters to generals saying "how many deaths are too many? When is this no longer worth it?"

The United States lost 111,606 dead or missing and another 253,142 wounded in the entire Pacific theater in WW2. We stopped giving a gently caress about dead Americans some time between 1945 and 2019.

Dan Carlin is kind of a crappy historian and I would take that theory about the nukes with a huge grain of salt.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
What order should I do MMR, 2 Pfizers, and prophylactic regeneron in?

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

I don't think that's the average petty boug guy who's made money off the pandemic and is living like covid is over

The average petty boug guy who's made money off the pandemic is not the average petty boug guy.

The pandemic has been a net money loser for everyone except the top ~4% of Americans, as every news article about people "not wanting to work" and how we need to get rid of enhanced unemployment and Get Back To Work should tell you.

The average used car dealership owner has not benefitted from the pandemic and can't afford regeneron. They still identify more with the people who can afford it than they do with you and me.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

regeneron is only 'free' if you have insurance, and even then it's hard to get it prescribed if you aren't in a state with clinics on every corner. also you probably still have copays and such for getting it

Meanwhile I guarantee the rich and powerful are taking it prophylacticly

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

sullat posted:

Dan Carlin is kind of a crappy historian and I would take that theory about the nukes with a huge grain of salt.

You should take everything with a grain of salt, it's obvious he loving hates the Soviet Union for some reason beyond all comprehension. Still good listens though.

He even says he's a lovely historian.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

I can't recommend Dan Carlin's "Supernova in the East" podcast series enough, a big part of the impetus to drop the atomic bomb (quite possibly consent manufacturing) was the massive number of American deaths on Peleliu and Okinawa, and American mothers writing letters to generals saying "how many deaths are too many? When is this no longer worth it?"

The United States lost 111,606 dead or missing and another 253,142 wounded in the entire Pacific theater in WW2. We stopped giving a gently caress about dead Americans some time between 1945 and 2019.

nah they were just lying about troop deaths making up any part of the impetus to drop the bomb. Same way they lied that the reason they were bombing Japanese civilian targets was cause the civilians were all working together to make fighter planes out of parts in their backyards.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Casey Finnigan posted:

nah they were just lying about troop deaths making up any part of the impetus to drop the bomb. Same way they lied that the reason they were bombing Japanese civilian targets was cause the civilians were all working together to make fighter planes out of parts in their backyards.

I figured as much since an industrial concern like Mitsubishi couldn't have armed up a country of 90 million from household workshops carrying plane parts "via horsecart" like Carlin said.

Still worth listening to imho .

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
dan carlin likes talking about non-american cultures like theyre aliens or some poo poo lol

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Stereotype posted:

if you wear an N95 properly it doesn't fog up your glasses. Honestly people need to spend a little bit more time on their masks and get one that works best for you. That's why this thread is so big on the elastomerics. Having a well fitting comfortable mask removes most of the burden and you sort of forget you're even wearing it some times.

I put a cool patterned cloth one over an N95 with an exhale valve. It looks nicer than the bare N95, and it covers the exhale valve so people don't get upset. I haven't had any problems with my glasses fogging up since i started using it.

n95s make my hair look terrible so i'll take the inconvenience of a kf94 and minor glasses fog over hosed up hair

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I can't remember, but are sun salutations when you point your butthole at the sun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

What order should I do MMR, 2 Pfizers, and prophylactic regeneron in?

just mix it all together with some gin