Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Desperado Bones posted:

These last years the "movement" has been kinda dying off and it's just a small amount of them and their sock puppet accounts(Like UK TERFS, turns out it's just like a hundred women who make alt accounts and re-tweet each other).

Yeah, it's actually slightly reassuring that someone is not familiar with comicsgate because a couple years ago it was all you ever heard about in comics discourse/criticism. They seem to finally be running out of steam and/or have ostracized themselves from everyone else in the industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Only the best people

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I thought by phrasing it in a Ralph Wiggum way would show I was mocking them, but I guess that wasn't clear. Isn't Cosmicbooknews the EVS related one? Or is that We Got This Covered?

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

TwoPair posted:

My local theater is so devoid of people + so shortstaffed that they're only selling tickets at the concession stands and when I said I'd bought one online they didn't even ask to see before I'd gotten my phone out.

I am very tempted to just waltz in to Eternals without paying when that comes out.

I do this all the time, i just walk past the usher pretending to be on my phone and they are never paid enough to give a gently caress

Is it unethical? Yes. Is it immoral? Yes. Is it technically stealing? Yes.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
As someone who worked at a movie theater 20ish years ago, even back then most of us didn’t care. As long as you weren’t being so obvious the manager made noise at me (basically causing me grief) you could watch as many free shows as you wanted. I only engaged my pimply faced college kid with the ability to throw you the gently caress out authority if you were being a Dick or making my life harder.

Really the only people that got thrown out were teenagers who were loud as poo poo interrupting shows and running through halls and poo poo.

FYI when hopping the key to making it not obvious is don’t walk straight from one theater to another. Go get a popcorn refill or take a piss. Basically break the line of sight so a bored teenage mind isn’t following your path out of “nothing else to do may as well stand here and watch this guy”.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Now a days it's mostly reserved seating so prepare yourself for a scene.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

It blows my mind that reserved seating isn't the norm everywhere.

Like, was it really a first come first serve system?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

McCloud posted:

Yes. I've heard the reason why is that they sell more tickets if people think they can get the seat they want instead of seeing it is already grabbed. I have no idea if it is true or not.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/viperwave/status/1439039768310865920?s=19

Lmao
Someone about to be killed off already

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
He was doing it before Shang chi even started filming so no I don't think so

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Here's more context before you jump to the cancel bandwagon:

https://twitter.com/LPCantLose/status/1438708937562464258

Edit: He was a dumbass 5-6 years like any other internet person, posting about basketball and giving some bad takes (his pedo/homosexuality take is a big OOF. But it seems he isn't thinking like that anymore).

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Sep 18, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His broader point isn't wrong. We recognize it's a disorder they can't control but we have no help systems for them. But jesus dude, no. Not that way.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I dont care I just think it is very funny

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

McCloud posted:

I grew up in a country that had assign seating since the early 90s. Thank you North America for finally catching up to a 90s third world country.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

His broader point isn't wrong. We recognize it's a disorder they can't control but we have no help systems for them. But jesus dude, no. Not that way.

Yeah, he couldn't find a good way to express his points so it ends being a big yikes.

There's also those tweets/reddit posts that no one has been able to materialized where he "said" he hates black women. The only source is a big "trust me, I was there".

Madkal posted:

I grew up in a country that had assign seating since the early 90s. Thank you North America for finally catching up to a 90s third world country.

My city/country didn't have assigned/reservations until sometime in the early 2000's. Before that it was everyone going mad max to get the best seats.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Desperado Bones posted:

Yeah, he couldn't find a good way to express his points so it ends being a big yikes.

There's also those tweets/reddit posts that no one has been able to materialized where he "said" he hates black women. The only source is a big "trust me, I was there".

Yea that's kind of the big part of it that makes me doubt that its as serious as they are saying. Very conspiracy theory style "industry people have cleaned it all up!" excuses. Also there is a weird aspect that they're attacking him for being all sexy with his abs and stuff, which is odd because a big complaint people have for how asian men are treated is that they tend to be shown as either sexless nerds or incredibly gross perverts.

Honestly, unless someone digs up a video of him going "Elliott Rogers was a hero and I love Hitler!" i really doubt any of this will gain traction. No should be held accountable for what they posted during the edgelord years. Imagine if a goon got famous and someone checked their post history.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I find the inclination to play detective and go digging around in someone's past to prove about how they're secretly awful a bit weird tbh. Who does that?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It seems kinda like a James Gunn situation where like it's offensive but probably less offensive than contemporary posts on, say, Something Awful

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Karloff posted:

I find the inclination to play detective and go digging around in someone's past to prove about how they're secretly awful a bit weird tbh. Who does that?

Literally everyone and every entity

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Reddit user caught out in being racist shocker.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Vintersorg posted:

You just pull up the available seating before you walk in, and sit accordingly.

I have absolutely no shame about a double feature.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Yea that's kind of the big part of it that makes me doubt that its as serious as they are saying. Very conspiracy theory style "industry people have cleaned it all up!" excuses. Also there is a weird aspect that they're attacking him for being all sexy with his abs and stuff, which is odd because a big complaint people have for how asian men are treated is that they tend to be shown as either sexless nerds or incredibly gross perverts.

Honestly, unless someone digs up a video of him going "Elliott Rogers was a hero and I love Hitler!" i really doubt any of this will gain traction. No should be held accountable for what they posted during the edgelord years. Imagine if a goon got famous and someone checked their post history.

Thankfully it seems the person who "found" the out of context posts was getting dunked on their own thread last time I looked. Sadly there's a handful that's not gonna bother in question this whole thing.

and lol yeah, even I have some lovely takes and a few ugly slurs in my first years in this forum. :cripes: I'm prime cancelling material.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Desperado Bones posted:

Thankfully it seems the person who "found" the out of context posts was getting dunked on their own thread last time I looked. Sadly there's a handful that's not gonna bother in question this whole thing.

and lol yeah, even I have some lovely takes and a few ugly slurs in my first years in this forum. :cripes: I'm prime cancelling material.

Me too!

Probably.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mr Hootington posted:

Literally everyone and every entity
I feel like right now people want to go out at the MCU because some dorks are giving low reviews to Dune because of something Dennis Villanueva said about the MCU instead of just ignoring what the twittter algorithm has brought up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If I was going to tell review Dune I'd say "I watched this on my phone last night and couldn't see poo poo."

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

There's new posters for Venom.

They look awful.

https://twitter.com/VenomMovie/status/1439952497259409409

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

geez . . . those are like early 00s DVD box art

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
Talk about hard posters…… to look at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

ilikedirt posted:

Talk about hard posters…… to look at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You rang?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Cael posted:

So I guess that's appropriate for a Venom movie?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/TiredMotherFckr/status/1440022817429344256?s=19

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Another win for the Sony movie poster design team

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cael posted:

Honestly, the whole franchise looks like it's from the early 00s.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Alhazred posted:

Honestly, the whole franchise looks like it's from the early 00s.

the first movie had an Eminem song on the soundtrack, so that tracks. it really does feel like the script was written in 2002 or so and sat around collecting dust for 15 years before Sony finally decided to put it into production

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Hardy's lips looks like they're about ready to crumble to dust. The horrible side effects of his symbiote addiction.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If the physical posters aren’t those lenticular ones that shift images, what’s the point?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

SO.
They just announced Disney+ Day and, uhm...i I don't know, it's confusing, they are giving November the 12th as the day Shang-Chi will be available in D+

We have to wait another month, aside from the 45 days, by the look of it. :negative: (If I'm wrong, please correct me!)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Desperado Bones posted:

SO.
They just announced Disney+ Day and, uhm...i I don't know, it's confusing, they are giving November the 12th as the day Shang-Chi will be available in D+

We have to wait another month, aside from the 45 days, by the look of it. :negative: (If I'm wrong, please correct me!)

45 days was always the theatrical window. It wasn't going to go up for free on day 46. You have VOD and physical sales between then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah it's a minimum 45 days. If it had bombed maybe it would be up quicker, but now that it's a success they're going to take a month of making some FOMO money and launch it on a 'special' day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah it's a minimum 45 days. If it had bombed maybe it would be up quicker, but now that it's a success they're going to take a month of making some FOMO money and launch it on a 'special' day.

Oh, noted, noted! Thank you all.

There's also mention of people being confused as they haven't announced if it's going to be exclusive to their platform or if they are going to release on VOD and everywhere else. Whatever they do, yeah, they up to squeeze as much money as they can.