Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

great big cardboard tube posted:

NM countess is definitely worth running because you can get spirit + lore alone, with non ladder runewords enabled I don't see why you'd say she isn't worth it.

Hell countess is almost just for keys but ya. I plan on grinding NM for double spirit + lore for any caster I make.

Edit: also insight for your merc
Low runes drop a ton doing anything. By the time you have the str & 4os monarch base you'll have enough runes for a second spirit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
4os monarch is as rare as almost any rune

e: meant jmod

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 18, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Do we have any idea of the full install size for this? I want to run it on my portable PC which doesn’t have a whole lot of room available.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Diablo 2 resurrected pre-order (Xbox, digital) is $34.99 at Newegg with code: EMC2AZ9A725

Cross posting in all relevant threads

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

https://discord.gg/wVCstGq

If anyone wants I've had this diablo discord up for awhile now. Can use it to coordinate playing in a few days. :)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Kazvall posted:

https://discord.gg/wVCstGq

If anyone wants I've had this diablo discord up for awhile now. Can use it to coordinate playing in a few days. :)

links already expired somehow?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

That is super weird. Try this?

https://discord.gg/mC8y722DSe

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

RodShaft posted:

Diablo 2 resurrected pre-order (Xbox, digital) is $34.99 at Newegg with code: EMC2AZ9A725

Cross posting in all relevant threads

Obviously buy this if you want, but good lord I would recommend people wait until it comes out to see what shape it is in. Given we've heard nothing about the state of acts 3-5 and what happened with wc3 reforged, I can't imagine pre-ordering a remaster rn.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I can, and did. It is going to be great. Ground floor, bitches!!!!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Yep, pre-ordered months ago. I’m pumped!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
no twink is more epic than slapping full sigons on a n00b, & angelic ring and ammy for that fatty attack rating & dmg to mana =D

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
also whitsans guard on a pally for insta godmode and also a 4s diamond Resist Master shield on W slot

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

MarcusSA posted:

Do we have any idea of the full install size for this? I want to run it on my portable PC which doesn’t have a whole lot of room available.

The open beta was ~25 GB and the blizz store page lists the minimum requirement as 30 GB.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Smythe posted:

no twink is more epic than slapping full sigons on a n00b, & angelic ring and ammy for that fatty attack rating & dmg to mana =D
raven claw + hsaru belt + hasru boots + angelic with enchant is more epic!! Altho you can still wear saigon gloves+helm which gives you lots of good stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Swilo posted:

The open beta was ~25 GB and the blizz store page lists the minimum requirement as 30 GB.

Awesome thanks!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Anyone seen any screenshots or gameplay or anything at all from after act 2?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Anyone seen any screenshots or gameplay or anything at all from after act 2?

This is from when they had the first beta and it got cracked. Not sure how representative of the final product it is.

https://youtu.be/1WMviPqwLZo

Khorne
May 1, 2002

External Organs posted:

This is from when they had the first beta and it got cracked. Not sure how representative of the final product it is.

https://youtu.be/1WMviPqwLZo
Looks incomplete and like an asset test. Walls and the river of fire are notably missing and certain mobs are colored wrong.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 20, 2021

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Khorne posted:

Looks incomplete and like an asset test. Walls and the river of fire are notably missing and certain mobs are colored wrong.

Preorders sweating

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Preorders sweating
Nah, this was months ago and packaged as an a1 only (?) or a1/a2 test depending on which test it was.

What was there looked pretty good.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

there are videos featuring the later acts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuaNeyuNv3U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1bhKRvm_uk

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Everyone always brings up the wc3 remake which was clearly terrible even in preview videos, but they forget about the SC remake which rules.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Starks posted:

Everyone always brings up the wc3 remake which was clearly terrible even in preview videos, but they forget about the SC remake which rules.

Very true. Also, for me personally, I thought the WC3 remake was….fine. All I wanted to do was replay the campaigns and I can do that, in Ultrawide, and it looks great.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

chaosapiant posted:

Very true. Also, for me personally, I thought the WC3 remake was….fine. All I wanted to do was replay the campaigns and I can do that, in Ultrawide, and it looks great.

WC3 was a good rts. What turned it into an all-time great rts was the online play and customs. Without a good online experience, the game fell pretty flat and ruined it for a lot of people.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

lol figures korean blizz is on top of it

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 21, 2021

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

the class preview videos here have short shots of the later acts too:

https://www.youtube.com/c/Diablo/videos

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Been thinking about how I’ll start and chatting with the friend group I’ll play with. We got two sorcs and a javazon apparently, so I think I might as well go hammerdin.

However, we’d like to do ubers as a group asap, so I’m wondering about the viability of smite hybridization at early gear levels. Just 1 point in smite, max holy shield, rest of the build normal hammer stuff.

It wouldn’t be as optimized as the solo budget smiters all the guides talk about but would it be sufficient for this group of 4 I wonder?

I don’t want to make it a dedicated smiter because I want the farming ease of hammers on the first character.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The only thing you really want from Smite is the stun, but the stun duration does scale with skill level, so if you really wanted to analyze it, you'd check how fast your Smite is relative to the stun duration and look for what it'd take to get a perma-stun going.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Literally dreamt I got an SoJ and was amazed because I had never gotten anywhere near a legit drop before.

I wish Blizzard weren't The Worst, then I would be fully ready to embrace my hype

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Obviously buy this if you want, but good lord I would recommend people wait until it comes out to see what shape it is in. Given we've heard nothing about the state of acts 3-5 and what happened with wc3 reforged, I can't imagine pre-ordering a remaster rn.

I bought D2 the day it released and couldnt play multiplayer for quite a while because they were not prepared at all for the bombardment on their servers. It'll be nostalgic :airquote: if this release is marred by something similar.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

For as solved as a game that D2 is, it is hard to find builds and gearing resources.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
theamazonbasin used to be a treasure trove of deep mechanical info, but sadly it looks like that website has been eated by time and history

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Durendal posted:

For as solved as a game that D2 is, it is hard to find builds and gearing resources.

Maxroll.gg dudes seem to have a pretty good resource repository going for d2.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Durendal posted:

A lot of gearing just comes down to knowing which runewords/uniques are really good for the build you are doing and filling in the rest of your gear with rares that have life/resists. There are some niche things like knowing how to upgrade uniques to exceptional/elite bases if they have good stats and crafting gear via the horadric cube, but for the most part you can just go to arreatsummit and look at runewords and uniques and figure out what you want. For skills its also pretty simple - decide what skill you want and max it and its synergies, then use your leftover points on defensive skills or support skills. For stats most build put enough into strength to wear gear and the rest into vitality. If you are going max block there are calculators which tell you how much dex you need. ES sorcs dump into energy instead of vitality.

One thing I will mention that people still dont know about is the "Damage Reduced by %" affix, for example from a Ber rune or on Shako, doesn't actually reduce all damage you take by x%, it only reduces physical damage so you treat it like physical resist. It caps at 50% instead of 75% and doesn't get penalized in higher difficulty like elemental resists. Another thing a lot of people don't know is that the duration of poisons on you is governed by a hidden poison duration stat which gets lowered in nm/hell just like elemental resists, so if you don't have any poison length reduction from gear poisons in hell will last 100% longer, which is why the mummy before Baal puts a long rear end poison on you.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

bawfuls posted:

It wouldn’t be as optimized as the solo budget smiters all the guides talk about but would it be sufficient for this group of 4 I wonder?

I don’t want to make it a dedicated smiter because I want the farming ease of hammers on the first character.

Okay, so Smite at level 1 has a stun length of 0.6 seconds, or 15 frames (as in 60% of 25 frames, since D2 runs at 25 FPS)

Using this IAS calculator: https://d2.lc/IAS/

* set the class to Paladin
* set the primary weapon to a Phase Blade
* leave the weapon IAS and [other] IAS entries at zero
* set the skill to Smite
* set the Fanaticism level to zero
* click on "Show IAS table"

and you get this:

this means that it takes 9 frames to do one Smite when wielding a Phase Blade and no other modifiers, and since even a level 1 Smite is 15 frames long, then you can swing a second Smite before the first Smite's stun expires and therefore keep your one target "stun-locked", which is presumably all you want/need if you're playing with other players who will all the actual damage for you (budget solo smiters count on Crushing Blow to deal damage)

you can adjust the calculator as necessary for your gear and whether you're also going to shift to your one point of Fanaticism

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

How do people feel about d2jsp? The forum gold system seems scummy, but if it's where all the active traders are, maybe a necessary evil for flipping loot in the new economy?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I just logged back into my account and looks like the goon guild is dead. I don't love botting but with rune drop rates so low (back in the day), it's hard for regular players to get access to high-end gear.

Apparently this is a new trading platform: https://diablo2.io/

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

jerman999 posted:

I've seen a ton of sites and discords pop up trying to be The Next Thing for D2 trading, will be curious to see what sticks.

Getting a little trade/character API support ala PoE for D2R would have been cool.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

jerman999 posted:

I just logged back into my account and looks like the goon guild is dead. I don't love botting but with rune drop rates so low (back in the day), it's hard for regular players to get access to high-end gear.

Why are all the items on those lists not aligned & who thinks this is a good font choice & why are there 50 nav bars & why did no one pay attention to typography or whitespace of the text despite putting actual effort into the rest of the layout?

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Probably made by fans of the game and not actual designers. You don't have to use it, sheesh