Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Remember when Trump wanted the USS John S McCain out of sight when he visited Pearl Harbor?

And then a few months later when it hit that freighter his reaction was "that's too bad"

Lol

Tax

Jows fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

A Sand-Wich of Iced Cream you say?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Check out the steak flaps on that nussy. Thick as a pair of filet mignons.

relax-o-vision
Feb 21, 2007

This man is heaven's perfect angel.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ice cream sandwiches that just have the two cheap layers of chocolate are fine, but the real deal is you get fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. That's actually worth getting diabetes over

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Those karens getting arrested videos posted a few pages back are extremely good. Please post more tia

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
No batton dancing on her back, no pepperspray - LOW ENERGY COPS

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Power Khan posted:

No batton dancing on her back, no pepperspray - LOW ENERGY COPS

Yeah I do get a sense of schadenfreude watching Karens like that get arrested but I can't help but feel like if that was a black person they'd have been tased or worse if they did the same thing.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Greg Kelly posts with the same energy as dril and the world would probably be a better place if @wint was is public office instead of this moron.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Chocobo posted:

Save the world? You fool, you child!
You can't ever save the world -- you fool, you child!
You can't ever, ever celebrate!
You better change your mind!

Save the world, you fool, you child!
You can't ever ever save the world. You fool. You child
You can't ever, ever set aflame!
You better change!

I get this, I hear you and I love you

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

The Last Call posted:

I read this and thought some find it a good read as well:

At this point I think the way we should be handling the dead is no private anything. Soon as they die, box them up right there next to the ICU bed and truck their corpses to a landfill or something. They obviously didn't give a poo poo about everyone else while alive, we don't give a poo poo about them after they're dead

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

https://twitter.com/realTuckFrumper/status/1440091944403697667

But can he walk down ramps? Drink water with one hand?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Xenocides posted:

https://twitter.com/realTuckFrumper/status/1440091944403697667

But can he walk down ramps? Drink water with one hand?

I know a goon a few pages back said he'd like to see Trump try to ride a bike, but I'd settle to see him ride a trike. One of those big wheels BMX tricycles.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1440032275505156109

It is that time again. 9 days to debt ceiling deadline and the turtle is threatening to blow up everything.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
The idea of the filibuster not only existing but being such a critical tool in the American democratic system blew my mind when I first learnt about it

Ok, well, we got voted in as the majority government. Let's pass some bills

I filibuster *leaves work to play golf*

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Carth Dookie posted:

Yeah I do get a sense of schadenfreude watching Karens like that get arrested but I can't help but feel like if that was a black person they'd have been tased or worse if they did the same thing.

I mean yeah. Most (IIRC like 75%) of the people arrested by the NYPD in summer 2020 for breaching social distancing rules were black or Hispanic. The NYT had videos of cops politely asking white people to move apart and handing out masks, and of cops beating and arresting black people at an illegal block party.

Are cops currently using mask mandates as yet another excuse to harass POC? I don't know, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1439945009885859840
Note how any time they're called out they immediately deflect by grasping at the nearest straw with an completely unrelated what-about-isms. Marge doesn't even address the actual point here, it's straight to an apples to oranges deflection, but somehow it always works.

Unlrelated but I expect a whole bunch of Hollywood Elite type outrage soon as there is very likely a massive film industry crew strike coming (over unsafe working hours and practices) and we all know how much the right loves unions. Also, to them, the film industry consists entirely of rich entitled actors. Could be fun

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Lich McConnell attempting to destroy the US economy again? What a shocker! It’s almost like he wants people to suffer or something!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Xenocides posted:

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1440032275505156109

It is that time again. 9 days to debt ceiling deadline and the turtle is threatening to blow up everything.

Yeah, this is particularly heinous.

This kind of dispute is nothing new, but Republicans regularly raise the debt ceiling (and did three times under Trunt IIRC) and propose tax cuts where average Joe pays like $700 less in taxes over the course of a year (and people like Bezos pay about a trillion less)

But THEN, when a democrat takes the White House, they are suddenly simultaneously Deficit Hawks and also get to point out that Democrats removing the tax cuts means “See! They are RAISING your taxes!!!”

So that’s all par for the course, but this time they are simultaneously threatening to tank the economy by causing the US to default.

Talking points include: Yah well we are going to default at some point in the future, so why NOT now?

and

If Biden hadn’t allowed Covid to run completely free, maybe we would be in better shape right now, might as well default because Shitlibs amirite

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1439945009885859840
Note how any time they're called out they immediately deflect by grasping at the nearest straw with an completely unrelated what-about-isms. Marge doesn't even address the actual point here, it's straight to an apples to oranges deflection, but somehow it always works.

Unlrelated but I expect a whole bunch of Hollywood Elite type outrage soon as there is very likely a massive film industry crew strike coming (over unsafe working hours and practices) and we all know how much the right loves unions. Also, to them, the film industry consists entirely of rich entitled actors. Could be fun

Guess we don't need any laws then, since people just keep breaking them anyway!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Songbearer posted:

I get this, I hear you and I love you

We are all friends now

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Time for some new from Germany, where getting shot by strangers is not an everyday occurrence.

The Guardian posted:

Politicians in Germany have expressed concern over the radicalisation of those who disagree with Covid restrictions, after a 49-year-old German citizen was arrested on suspicion of shooting dead a petrol station worker who refused to serve him while he was not wearing a mask.

Authorities in the western town of Trier said the suspect told officers he acted “out of anger” after the 20-year-old cashier at a petrol station the town of Idar-Oberstein, in Rhineland-Palatinate, asked him to put on a mask.

“He further stated during interrogation that he rejected the measures against coronavirus,” police said.

According to the state prosecutor, the man said he had felt “pushed into a corner” and had held the victim “responsible for the situation as a whole because he had enforced the rules”.

The suspect had entered the Aral petrol station at around 745pm on Saturday and picked up a six-pack of beer. CCTV footage shows a mask tucked into the back of the man’s trousers.

After the cashier had twice alerted him that it was mandatory to wear a mask inside the petrol station, the man had put down the beers after a brief exchange of words and left.

He returned two hours later, this time wearing a mask that he pulled under his chin as he stood at the counter. “Eventually he pulled a revolver from his pocket and fired a fatal shot at the 20-year-old student from Idar-Oberstein,” police said.

The suspect fled on foot but turned himself at a police station in town the following morning.

Some prime victim blaming over here - "He pushed me into a corner! He left me with no choice! I had to do it! So I drove for an hour, picked up my gun, drove for another hour back, and then shot him."

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

that kind of what about ism argument is always baffling to me. like she is saying straight up ‘yeah not wearing masks is bad!!!!’, so ok we agree then? can we move on please

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nocheez posted:

Guys, I think I need intubated because I can't stop laughing.

The chuds truly are doing more to eliminate themselves than any other non-civil war event could.

Amazing. 6 to 1 is the ratio I've heard. All those racist Facebook posts, gone. Like tears in the rain.

6 to 1?! I need a source on that.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Gentle Autist posted:

that kind of what about ism argument is always baffling to me. like she is saying straight up ‘yeah not wearing masks is bad!!!!’, so ok we agree then? can we move on please

Because they're thinking about sides. 'Her side' was attacked, so by showing that 'their side' is doing the same (even if they aren't), the argument is invalid.

It's always a childish us v them thing and it works on everyone that has the same baby brain, while it looks stupid to anyone else.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Gentle Autist posted:

Calling out someone for hypocrisy after they call someone else out for hypocrisy and even the theme framing the hypocrisy is the same, isn't whataboutism. It directly addresses MTG's original complaints. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Shanghaied posted:

Time for some new from Germany, where getting shot by strangers is not an everyday occurrence.

Some prime victim blaming over here - "He pushed me into a corner! He left me with no choice! I had to do it! So I drove for an hour, picked up my gun, drove for another hour back, and then shot him."

And now, he's in jail where he's probably forced to wear a mask lol

Gentle Autist posted:

Before I was banned SILENCED on Twitter, I would always respond to messages like hers with "glad you support mask mandates" or something. Lots of republicans will block you for this.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

yep right after we just had a wave of covid go through our kid's school, they are totally fine but there was zero way to keep them protected since none of the teachers and most of students do not wear masks anymore. Anyway, we've had everyone else that can get vaxxed vaxxed and the youngest is next and we are very excited to get it done.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

5er posted:

Calling out someone for hypocrisy after they call someone else out for hypocrisy and even the theme framing the hypocrisy is the same, isn't whataboutism. It directly addresses MTG's original complaints. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Lol, I’m sure that Pelosi’s donor gathering was 110% proven vaxxed vs MTG’s “NO MASKS EVER ANYWHERE” pledge that she really doesn’t keep at all.

Only one example is hypocrisy. And it’s the one MTG got from “CSPN”(?).

But you know this.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

armchairyoda posted:

Lol, I’m sure that Pelosi’s donor gathering was 110% proven vaxxed vs MTG’s “NO MASKS EVER ANYWHERE” pledge that she really doesn’t keep at all.

Only one example is hypocrisy. And it’s the one MTG got from “CSPN”(?).

But you know this.

What's this got to do with understanding how whataboutism works?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021
#LamBros

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Of course an italian idiot would back a german who got power without winning an election.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My brother in law now has a "pounding headache" so bad he can't leave the bed. He's going to a Med Express today, my sister in law says "to get an antibiotic or something". He's convinced he has "really bad allergies".

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

A Fancy Hat posted:

My brother in law now has a "pounding headache" so bad he can't leave the bed. He's going to a Med Express today, my sister in law says "to get an antibiotic or something". He's convinced he has "really bad allergies".

You should tell her to feed him ivermectin.

Like, A LOT of ivermectin. ALL OF the ivermectin.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ah September. Allergy season

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO!

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

A Fancy Hat posted:

wow sounds like a total snowflake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

5er posted:

5er posted:

What's this got to do with understanding how whataboutism works?

lol sorry for using the wrong words