Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/USRealityCheck/status/1440282998583087110?s=20

at least her brother got vaccinated the day after she died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/21/health/johnson-vaccine-two-doses-booster/index.html

Good news everybody

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

blatman posted:

i'll trade you, I keep getting increasingly elaborate "oh god i'm unconscious and on a vent and going to die if I don't wake up, I have to wake up quick!" nightmares where i'm trapped in a horrifying, actively decaying silent hill version of my apartment where no matter what I do I can't get the front door to stay closed but maybe if I shoulder slam the door hard enough I can keep the grim spectre of death out of my living room long enough to figure out how to wake myself up

then I wake up into a barely-waking sleep paralysis nightmare until my alarm goes off

What’s it mean if you dream about a groundhog fighting an Ent like thing in your backyard while grim reaper looking ghosts fly around? Because that was my dream and I’m still in a wtf state

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm sure that the people who disapprove because they feel he isn't doing enough will get equal coverage and airtime as the people who think the pittance he is doing is too much.

https://twitter.com/DMRegister/status/1440284954185781256?s=19

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Steve Yun posted:

https://twitter.com/USRealityCheck/status/1440282998583087110?s=20

at least her brother got vaccinated the day after she died

Good loving riddance

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

What???!!?? Not Christmas decor!!!

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

My kid’s virtual school is trying to get the (necessarily unvaccinated) kids to participate in this thing where they spend all day living like wage slaves, following around bank tellers, et al. Of course they do get a lunch break during which they are encouraged to shop at local businesses!

I know we have teachers itt who are doing their best, but ime experience that can only go so far when public schools in the us seem so clearly structured to churn out exploitable workers, and in this case also ensure that even the kids staying home get a fair shot at brain fog while they boost the economy like everyone else.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Kentucky Round-Up:

‘A heavy heart.’ Third employee from same Ky. elementary school dies of COVID-19. - Lexington Herald
Kentucky COVID-19 | 88 more deaths, 8,571 new cases - WSAZ
August saw more COVID-19 cases than any single month since the pandemic hit Kentucky - Courier Journal
Kentucky leads country in COVID-19 hospitalizations: Here's the status in Louisville - WLKY
Kentucky Gov. says there's not enough monoclonal antibody infusions to go around - WZTV
Louder Than Life organizers ready to rock, setting stage set for 'one of our biggest years' - WDRB
Louisville jail offering corrections officers double overtime to fill staffing holes - Courier Journal
JCPS using statewide salary incentives to bring retired teachers back - WAVE

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Zurtilik posted:

Kentucky Round-Up:

‘A heavy heart.’ Third employee from same Ky. elementary school dies of COVID-19. - Lexington Herald
Kentucky COVID-19 | 88 more deaths, 8,571 new cases - WSAZ
August saw more COVID-19 cases than any single month since the pandemic hit Kentucky - Courier Journal
Kentucky leads country in COVID-19 hospitalizations: Here's the status in Louisville - WLKY
Kentucky Gov. says there's not enough monoclonal antibody infusions to go around - WZTV
Louder Than Life organizers ready to rock, setting stage set for 'one of our biggest years' - WDRB
Louisville jail offering corrections officers double overtime to fill staffing holes - Courier Journal
JCPS using statewide salary incentives to bring retired teachers back - WAVE

Ready to rock.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Thoguh posted:

Ready to rock.

:rock:

:crackping:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I really can't gather any mental strength to give a poo poo about any antivaxxer anymore. There is no empathy left for those willingly risking their lives and those around them.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lil poopendorfer posted:

is he a chronic Foley guy? Never looked into the extant of his condition

I assume covid + wheelchair does not equal good times, already at a higher risk of clots from
constant sitting

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

skewetoo posted:

the war on christmas has returned

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Literally at an anti vax riot, noice

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7010311202316274945

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

I really can't gather any mental strength to give a poo poo about any antivaxxer anymore. There is no empathy left for those willingly risking their lives and those around them.

Same, but also anti-NPI brunchers. Idgaf when they die, it just sucks that they infect kids and people who are trying to stay safe but need to take risks just to survive.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

[jc denton voice] what a shame.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lil poopendorfer posted:

catheter complications result in the nurse manager cursing at me about CAUTIs and her CMS reimbursements

We would get taco Tuesday’s once every three months without a cauti! You best bet I scrubbed that foley clean q8.

[/quote]
Too tired to look it up, is there a level of SCI that doesn't involve the bladder? Or are they all leg baggin it
[/quote]

For a total severed cord no.

But Madison just has severe myelopathy, as evidenced by him able to kinda stand at the rnc. He was probably braced but if he had a total cut he wouldn’t have been able to do even that. With injuries like that it’s just different person to person.

But I can’t imagine being in that situation and not just getting a Supra pubic catheter. Self cathing is just a one way ticket to UTI city.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
gently caress
kid who has been back in (masked, outdoor) preschool for 2 weeks wakes up vomiting last night
this morning she has mild upper respiratory symptoms

just loving lol
it's my wife's birthday and instead of secretly picking up flowers etc as planned my guess is we're all headed for COVID tests, waiting to hear back from our dr's office

:smith:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I just want to send out a reply all email about how incredulous I am at the idea of even a single one of my hospital health care coworkers refusing to get vaccinated for this email giving updates on where the hospital is at vis a vis never giving in to those liberals who stole the election and forcing true patriots to vaccinate.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

missed this Ted Nugent nugget from April

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Ngl I always get super excited when I get mri patients for post spinal manipulation complications but it's always just the patient being a whiney baby and not an arterial dissection. Though I have had a couple patients that had it but it was a follow up and fully healed so nothing to see.

I’ve only seen that once and it was as a cna.

The patient was like 27 and had done it to himself. He said he felt like he was “so close to popping his neck” and he just kept doing it. He was probably feeling a posterior artery trying not to rupture.

Anyway it took him three months to learn how to walk again.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Cabbages and Kings posted:

gently caress
kid who has been back in (masked, outdoor) preschool for 2 weeks wakes up vomiting last night
this morning she has mild upper respiratory symptoms

just loving lol
it's my wife's birthday and instead of secretly picking up flowers etc as planned my guess is we're all headed for COVID tests, waiting to hear back from our dr's office

:smith:

Good luck :(

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
It’s absolutely insane that we are just riding this wave with barely any intervention. There’s dozens of even low effort interventions that could do to make this poo poo better and they won’t even consider them:

National Guard/Military doing mobile vaccine clinics in every state - Nope military overreach
Holiday/paid time off to get vaxxed - Nope gently caress the poors
Vaccine Mandates - Limited with a huge list of exceptions and slow rolled for months by agencies with little enforcement power
Campaign to end disinformation - hahaha, the admin thrives on disinformation
Push for boosters or age group expansions - Follow the science dummies. The virus might be killing dozens of kids a day/week (who knows at this point with reporting like it is) but the vaccine might kill one in a year.
Mask Mandates - Open Biden

I guess I should just stop giving a gently caress about the mass death because clearly anyone who can do anything about it has and my family is vaxxed to the max. I just see people I work with or know get sick every day, many of them vaxxed at this point.

The guy on my team that got Covid last year, vaxxed this year, and got Covid again last is having a rough loving time. He even got the antibody treatment immediately. He had a massive fever for 3 days and now can barely think or stay awake long enough to do anything. No idea when/if he’ll return to work and what he’ll even be like when he does. That’s not a minor case. Dude is effectively disabled right now and that might take months to go away if it does at all.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I’m so goddamn tired of people defending their indefensible actions. Either say “gently caress you, I did that” or don’t do it in the first place. We don’t need this weird show where you recite what should have been doing and calling it ridiculous, we don’t need you reminding everyone that getting drunk makes you stupid, we don’t need you being drunk characterized as some kind of religious or cultural thing, all of it adds up to nothing. Own your actions or don’t do them, nobody made you gently caress up in public.

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

I was going to make a joke about the Hulk but is that loving Dr Manhattan on the left?!

Jesus Christ this is basically that Doctor Doom crying about 9/11 comic panel of COVID.

Deadpool lol

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Cord injury mri's are spooky because it's just not there anymore. Is there still like tiny fibers below the resolution of the images or is the distal cord just held in place by all of the nerve roots?

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Rynn posted:

What’s it mean if you dream about a groundhog fighting an Ent like thing in your backyard while grim reaper looking ghosts fly around? Because that was my dream and I’m still in a wtf state

I think you were supposed to choose a side. If it’s me, I’m going with the tree guy every time. They’re not cute, but they poo poo out gasses you want to breathe and you can appreciate them for much longer than any mammal.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

There was zero chance she’d take criticism from anybody. SF is one of the least covidy metros in the country so she’ll sail to re-election.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I always smugly scoff at coworkers telling them it's not bad unless there is cord edema when they're all like oh wow look how bad their back is look at these discs abutting the cord!!

I am as good as a chiropractor

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

missed this Ted Nugent nugget from April

Why weren't we locked down for COVID 1 thru 18

New thread title

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Real Mean Queen posted:

I’m so goddamn tired of people defending their indefensible actions. Either say “gently caress you, I did that” or don’t do it in the first place. We don’t need this weird show where you recite what should have been doing and calling it ridiculous, we don’t need you reminding everyone that getting drunk makes you stupid, we don’t need you being drunk characterized as some kind of religious or cultural thing, all of it adds up to nothing. Own your actions or don’t do them, nobody made you gently caress up in public.

lol gavin did the same poo poo and won his recall so obv it doesnt matter that much

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

I'm sure that the people who disapprove because they feel he isn't doing enough will get equal coverage and airtime as the people who think the pittance he is doing is too much.

https://twitter.com/DMRegister/status/1440284954185781256?s=19

lol that biden is going to have the same % of people who approve of him no matter what as trump.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/health/florida-man-inspires-covid-vaccinations/index.html

He found a hospital that could do ECMO in Connecticut. Nice.

They turned around on vaccinations and convinced others to get vaccinated. Nice.

Ha ha, holy poo poo, I think this is the guy that got saved because of a physician Facebook community doing favors for each other's relatives.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

All this cord talk makes me want to pull out my old films to lol at the burst discs. I seem to remember that the escaped disc fluid(?) is visible, but that could be constructive since it has been a few years.

Don’t gently caress around with your spines, people. :(

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Real Mean Queen posted:

It also follows a pattern of liberal figures like Pelosi, Breed and Newsom only feeling regrets / anger how they got caught.

Like how Pelosi got caught visiting her favorite SF hair salon during the lockdown and had a meltdown on how reporters dared to prove she was hypocrite.

In general it follows the pattern how rich people hate having to dealing with inconvenience (Use a helicopter to bypass traffic) and rules that the working class have to face.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

I have empathy for minorities that are afraid the government wants to experiment on/kill/imprison/deport them, because poo poo like that has happened countless times in the past in this demon cracker nation. but its clear that the pandemic is real and vaccines loving work lol get the drat vaccine everyone :argh:

would be nice to have a non nazi capitalist hellscape nation so people wouldnt be all paranoid and dead and poo poo

:d2a:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Joey Steel posted:

Ha ha, holy poo poo, I think this is the guy that got saved because of a physician Facebook community doing favors for each other's relatives.

lol if u think hcw provide the same standard of care for everyone

also

quote:

But no one in the family was vaccinated.

lol

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

skewetoo posted:

Most important thing ever

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Dr's office called back, wants to test kid; looks like wife is spending her birthday driving to a zero contact test site :toot:

I'm thinking it's probably okay for me to pick up the flowers I ordered her; I think they offer zero contact curbside, I will call them and tell them we had a possible exposure in the house and can they just take my money over the phone and leave a box on the sidewalk...

hell of an awesome start to my first week back at work (remote) after 3 weeks of paternity leave! Also now we have to start temp monitoring the other kid, coooooool

Loucks posted:

Good luck :(

thanks, appreciate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Loucks posted:

All this cord talk makes me want to pull out my old films to lol at the burst discs. I seem to remember that the escaped disc fluid(?) is visible, but that could be constructive since it has been a few years.

Don’t gently caress around with your spines, people. :(

*straightens posture in bed on phone*