Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Super can be upgraded to ultra and it works fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ryoga posted:

Super can be upgraded to ultra and it works fine.

IIRC Super was another disc-only entry on 360 (and I think disc-only on PS3 as well), but yes if you have the disc you can do it this way instead.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
This reminds me I have IV on Steam and one of those no-stick 360 gamepads that looks like it goes to a Saturn. I had plans.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Blue Raider posted:

There’s no shortage of them.

The Wii version of The Godfather was pretty good because you had to use the Wiimote and nunchuk to pantomime garroting someone.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
I really like xbox controllers and I love using controllers for certain games on PC but I hate that I lose the ability to use push to talk. If I get an xbox elite controller can I map one of the extra buttons to PTT in discord?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

an owls casket posted:

The Wii version of The Godfather was pretty good because you had to use the Wiimote and nunchuk to pantomime garroting someone.

That was in Manhunt 2 for Wii as well!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

SUNKOS posted:

Anyone here know what the Street Fighter IV situation is like in regards to BC?

The official list says every title is supported except Ultra SFIV. Looking on the Microsoft store pages, it seems Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is the latest version (with BC listed as a feature) and Ultra SFIV is listed as a DLC purchase which also has the BC functionality indicated in the 'Available on' section.

Doing research however, there seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether it's actually BC or not with plenty of people running all versions of SFIV (except Ultra) fine with no problems, but the Ultra upgrade seems to be 50/50? A lot of people have stated that it doesn't work and I saw some issues on the Xbox forums where people complained about this and the Microsoft response was that Ultra SFIV is not on the list of BC games, but it's DLC and not a game so it wouldn't show there anyways, and the store page says it's available on Xbox Series S|X & Xbox One so :psyduck: There's also a bunch of people saying that it does work so I figured it best to just ask here.

Does anyone have the game? Would be interested to know if it actually works or not since the Ultra DLC adds content that I'm interested in, so I'd be disappointed if I bought Arcade Edition and then couldn't play as the new characters or see the new stages brought over from SF vs. Tekken.

Is it some kind of Sony pettiness? I know the PS4 port of USFIV was garbage and tournaments stuck with the 360 version until Sony forced their hand, and every other version of the game working flawlessly while Ultra BC is questionable seems really unusual.

I have it. It works. I got SF4 with Games with Gold and upgraded to Ultra so I could get the Halloween costumes DLC because I like monster girls.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Thank you for the SFIV information everyone :) I know the BC team is probably focused mostly (or exclusively) on FPS boosting games right now but I hope some more BC titles get added in the future. OG Xbox Guilty Gear XX Reload would be awesome (I miss Zappa in the newer games) and since Persona 4 Arena is already BC, the upgraded Ultimax versions absence from the BC list is unusual.

Touching on COD chat briefly, I haven't played one since BLOPS 3 which I enjoyed the multiplayer for but watching streams of Vanguard on Twitch, while it looks really chaotically fun it also has this same bizarre problem that niggled me with BLOPS 3 and I think it's due to there being so many developers? In BLOPS 3 there was a disparity in the quality of multiplayer maps, with some looking truly next gen (at the time) and others looking awful and rushed. While most maps I've seen for Vanguard look great (the rooftop one, the jungle one and the new snowy villa one) the snowy one set in the ruined streets of Russia looks like such a huge step down graphically, design-wise and in essentially every other regard. It's good they're launching with a lot of multiplayer maps (20, I think?) but if there's such varying quality between them all due to so many different developers that will be unfortunate. It looks like an entertaining game (I know, gently caress Activision) but things like that are frustrating to see.

I'll be getting my shooty mans fun from Halo Infinite (and I'll continue playing Gears until a new one is made) anyways but I have been a bit tempted by just how ridiculous Vanguard appears to be when watching gameplay, the inconsistency of the content is striking though. Doesn't the game have about five teams working on it?! :stare:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Thanks for the Ultimate re-upping advice earlier, thread. All set 'til 2024.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I mean I played so much Black Ops I had Vietnam War flashbacks.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Lammasu posted:

I mean I played so much Black Ops I had Vietnam War flashbacks.

with fortunate son playing in the background?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

BoosterDuck posted:

with fortunate son playing in the background?

Except when I got the helicopter kill streak I put on Ride of the Valkyries from the Watchmen sound track.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still need Gunvalkyrie on Xbox One.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

When should we expect Halo beta invites?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think it's "open" this time. Just make sure you've registered an account on their flighting site.

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1436057075466051584

edit; well if you weren't already signed up then it sounds like you won't be in, so I guess I don't know for sure.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I just noticed that Nuclear Throne finally came to Xbox this month and is on gamepass and I highly recommend people give it a go because it's a really awesome game.

I also saw that Worms WMD is on gamepass and wondered if anyone that has played it can share if the game has any bad bugs or not? It looks like the best 2D Worms game in a long time and the art style and new mechanics look awesome, but a bunch of user reviews complain about the game crashing a lot apparently? Was wondering if that's still a thing or not but would like to snag it for local multiplayer if it's not busted.

Speaking of local multiplayer games, Double Fine is publishing Samurai Gunn 2 but only for PC & Switch. What the gently caress :negative:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just got my email, and I had done nothing other than sign up on the site a month ago.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

American McGay posted:

Just got my email, and I had done nothing other than sign up on the site a month ago.
:same:

Can't wait to try Infinite!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Hell yeah, I got in too.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

John F Bennett posted:

Hell yeah, I got in too.

Same, starts on 23rd September.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Fully signed up for halo, no email nothing on waypoint feels bad man

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you've got Gmail it got shoved into your promotions tab.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

American McGay posted:

If you've got Gmail it got shoved into your promotions tab.

Nah, good shout though

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

kri kri posted:

Nah, good shout though

Try downloading the multiplayer from the store, apart from signing up that's the only thing I did differently to you.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Try downloading the multiplayer from the store, apart from signing up that's the only thing I did differently to you.

I believe I did, does it unlock anything yet? I think the download was only like 200mb but I think I downloaded it prior to the emails going out.

I didn't get an email for the first flight, but then after the fact I glanced at waypoint and had messages on there so they might just be slow

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

kri kri posted:

I believe I did, does it unlock anything yet? I think the download was only like 200mb but I think I downloaded it prior to the emails going out.

I didn't get an email for the first flight, but then after the fact I glanced at waypoint and had messages on there so they might just be slow

I think it's just a placeholder type thing so that it automatically downloads the actual multiplayer when you're eligible. It'll maybe just take them a few days.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I think it's just a placeholder type thing so that it automatically downloads the actual multiplayer when you're eligible. It'll maybe just take them a few days.

Yeah, sounds like they are opening it up to everyone next weekend anyways. would only be able to play thursday of this week.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Skyarb posted:

I really like xbox controllers and I love using controllers for certain games on PC but I hate that I lose the ability to use push to talk. If I get an xbox elite controller can I map one of the extra buttons to PTT in discord?
By default, no, it only lets you map the paddles to other buttons already on the controller.

There's a few tools out there, such as REWASD, that will let you remap the paddles to anything you want, so I imagine that would work. I've heard that Steam's controller interface will also let you remap those the same way, but I haven't tried that, and have no idea if it'll give you a problem with non-Steam games. (last time I checked, launching Xbox store games through Steam was a pain to set up... but I might be wrong now.)

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Do I need Gold to play the Halo Infinite test thing I am invited to?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its f2p so i dont think so but i dont know

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Imagine having an Xbox but not Game Pass Ultimate.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

American McGay posted:

Imagine having an Xbox but not Game Pass Ultimate.

Does having a Xbox 360 count for that?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

The xbox 360 was a great console but it's time to upgrade to a game pass machine.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
imagine not playing hades just loving imagine

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's easy if you try.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

Indeed, it's great on PC with mouse and keyboard.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nuts and Gum posted:

Don’t need to imagine this

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Nuts and Gum posted:

I didn't like Hades at all. Sorry to disappoint!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hades nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I did not like Hades but have been enjoying Crown Trick for my mandated 3 or so runs until I get burned out on a roguelike.

RIP Tencent games though