Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

signalnoise posted:

You can do the same for shapes to get a perfect square instead of a rectangle, circle instead of oval, etc

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

GorfZaplen posted:

My gf taught me today that if you hold shift while using the pencil in ms paint you make a straight line

mother of god.... this changes everything

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

signalnoise posted:

You can do the same for shapes to get a perfect square instead of a rectangle, circle instead of oval, etc

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

There is 10x zoom in XP-era MSPaint, you need to click just right below the 8x setting, there is like 2-3 pixels-high line you need to click in the tool window

Scythe
Jan 26, 2004
if you play Skifree on a modern monitor it doesn't scale anything it just increases your FOV so you can see like the whole course at once

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

had no idea Metroid 1 had a 'bad' end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fVJrEauUXM&t=1077s

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

this youtuber uses too many cusses.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GorfZaplen posted:

My gf taught me today that if you hold shift while using the pencil in ms paint you make a straight line

signalnoise posted:

:aaaaa:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
You people sound like you don't know things like pressing control+backspace deletes a whole word in text editors.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

ikanreed posted:

You people sound like you don't know things like pressing control+backspace deletes a whole word in text editors.

What buttons can I press to delete this post. And wtf you mean YOU PEOPLE

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
In Super mario bros 3, if you kill Boom Boom minibosses with a star, the question mark orb will be upside down

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Is that even possible without a game genie?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

What buttons can I press to delete this post. And wtf you mean YOU PEOPLE

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

settle petal!

Also, I was reading about TES Oblivion earlier and apparently the psycho main antagonist of the Dark Brotherhood (this guy) gets super distracted and uneasy when trying to justify his actions, if you toss his mother's severed head* on the floor when you confront him and reveal his identity as the traitor in front of the other DB higher-ups.
I mean, it makes sense in a way, I suppose! I think he handles the situation rather well, given that...unexpected turn of events :D

* Which you find on a table/shrine in his house, while you search for evidence. He seems to talk to it a lot too, during his downtime.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Caithness posted:

Is that even possible without a game genie?

Yep, it happens in speedruns quite a lot, especially in the all fortress runs.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know if this counts because it's a console but I just found out the Sega Nomad doesn't contain a battery.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

Also, I was reading about TES Oblivion earlier and apparently the psycho main antagonist of the Dark Brotherhood (this guy) gets super distracted and uneasy when trying to justify his actions, if you toss his mother's severed head* on the floor when you confront him and reveal his identity as the traitor in front of the other DB higher-ups.
I mean, it makes sense in a way, I suppose! I think he handles the situation rather well, given that...unexpected turn of events :D

* Which you find on a table/shrine in his house, while you search for evidence. He seems to talk to it a lot too, during his downtime.

lol yeah, i've done this. i wish skyrim dark brotherhood had been a little better about that kind of thing. most of the quests, you don't even really know why you're killing the target and it's mostly easiest to just slit their throats. in oblivion, you can usually piece out what's going on, like when you drop the deer head on the guy and it's obviously his heir. it also had fun stuff like going back to find the guy who insults you at the beginning of the game and the agatha christie house.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The guild questlines are one of the few points where I think Skyrim is inarguably a huge step down from Oblivion (I know they're both bad etc but there's fun to be wrangled out of Skyrim if you have the brain disease that makes you look for it, imo, whereas Oblivion was miserable)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I just realized the Elder Scrolls games have been subtitled alphabetically so far

Arena
Daggerfall
Morrowind
Oblivion
Skyrim

what's next??

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Martman posted:

I just realized the Elder Scrolls games have been subtitled alphabetically so far

Arena
Daggerfall
Morrowind
Oblivion
Skyrim

what's next??

Todd

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol yeah, i've done this. i wish skyrim dark brotherhood had been a little better about that kind of thing. most of the quests, you don't even really know why you're killing the target and it's mostly easiest to just slit their throats. in oblivion, you can usually piece out what's going on, like when you drop the deer head on the guy and it's obviously his heir. it also had fun stuff like going back to find the guy who insults you at the beginning of the game and the agatha christie house.

Oh yeah, that murder party was brilliant! :D Thanks for reminding me about the guy in the cell opposite at the start too, since it was always hilarious encountering him again. Oh how he changed his tune, seeing you rock up again! haha

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The guild questlines are one of the few points where I think Skyrim is inarguably a huge step down from Oblivion (I know they're both bad etc but there's fun to be wrangled out of Skyrim if you have the brain disease that makes you look for it, imo, whereas Oblivion was miserable)

i think in the end i actually like oblivion better but it's basically unplayable without mods so i'll probably never go back to it.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I don't know if this counts because it's a console but I just found out the Sega Nomad doesn't contain a battery.

You can put batteries in it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

i think in the end i actually like oblivion better but it's basically unplayable without mods so i'll probably never go back to it.

I'll never be able to judge fairly tbh, Oblivion was my most anticipated game in the world and when it turned out disappointing i took it personally in the way only a 14/15 year old can, whereas i had 0 expectations for Skyrim and ended up having an ok time. I think my 2006 suspension from the Elder Scrolls Forum expires next year actually

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P-Mack posted:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'll never be able to judge fairly tbh, Oblivion was my most anticipated game in the world and when it turned out disappointing i took it personally in the way only a 14/15 year old can, whereas i had 0 expectations for Skyrim and ended up having an ok time. I think my 2006 suspension from the Elder Scrolls Forum expires next year actually

lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think this was the experience of most morrowind players. I got excited to mod oblivion but they hosed up the construction set and made everything nested menus within menus and it was too hard to do anything

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

P-Mack posted:

Yeah but it's an external battery pack that clips onto the system

I never knew it didn't have an actual battery compartment

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The Sega Nomad battery pack attachmentŪ is not a battery

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

You don't have to justify or apologize for liking things.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I really enjoyed Oblivion but it was my intro to TES so that might be why.

Skyrim fell flat and just felt like a dumbed down version of oblivion with snow effects.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

packetmantis posted:

yes you do.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

Skyrim fell flat and just felt like a dumbed down version of oblivion with snow effects.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
I liked skyrim a billion times more than oblivion which was still epic as balls.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

oblivion was my first too which is probably why i liked it. i still liked skyrim tbh but as their games go on, it feels like they put less effort into the guilds and rely more and more on radiant quests. i swear every other quest in fallout 4 sends you to that one car factory with all the raiders.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I played Morrowind first and I think it's an all-time GOTY and a unique gem of a game, then Oblivion came and blew my nutsack off with all the cool poo poo that's going on there, and then there's Skyrim, which was fun for a while but just doesn't come close to the other two games. Morrowind and Oblivion are both just better than Skyrim.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must smoke one last cigarette before Todd blows me off the face of the earth with a tactical drone strike.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

packetmantis posted:

Skyrim is an exception to this rule

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If Skyrim is so bad why did it get released five times? Checkmate

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i only gently caress with the daggerfall grognards, morrowind stans can die mad

if you're gonna complain about skill crunch and simplified mechanics, at least go back to the real peak of the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alaois posted:

i only gently caress with the daggerfall grognards, morrowind stans can die mad

if you're gonna complain about skill crunch and simplified mechanics, at least go back to the real peak of the series

Look out. We got a badass over here.