Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Covok posted:

I am getting conflicting reports, but my insider at Disney says that the next project will be a pivot to television, in the style of the mandalorian. It will be an episodic show that follows a series of infestations across space. Every week, you can find the gang -- Ellen Ripley, Hicks, Newt, Bishop, Josie the talking cat, and MOTHER, the floating green man only Ellen can see -- as they try to solve these infestations in their mystery space truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

teagone posted:

Haha, holy poo poo. Yup that's it. That's the one I'm remembering—pale green xeno with an organic pulse rifle weapon thing, lmao:

Well poo poo, I didn’t remember that at all. Then again it’s been like 15 years since I read that series, maybe I’ll go back and re-read it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Xenomrph posted:

Well poo poo, I didn’t remember that at all. Then again it’s been like 15 years since I read that series, maybe I’ll go back and re-read it.

It's funny how my brain remembers that specific panel from that comic. I was likely 5 or 6 when I first read it (I'm in my mid 30s now). Memories are weird.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
https://twitter.com/UrbanFoxxxx/status/1443255428163514370?s=20

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

"I'm sorry Mr Giger, the literal government will not allow us to implement your idea as written, perhaps..."

*Alien hiss followed by a scream*

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Got the Fate Of The Nostromo game. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I love that the very first thing you see when you open the box is a jump-scare of Jones hissing at you.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Well at least tell me you didn’t let Jones get away after that? He’ll just trip up the motion tracker again!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Xenomrph posted:

Well at least tell me you didn’t let Jones get away after that? He’ll just trip up the motion tracker again!
Let me just wander off on my own into this large industrial area filled with dangling chains and dripping water to find him. I'm sure there won't be any problems.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Does anyone have a link to a video of the opening scene of Alien: Covenant with David and Weyland? I can find one partial on yt but no full scene.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Professor Shark posted:

Does anyone have a link to a video of the opening scene of Alien: Covenant with David and Weyland? I can find one partial on yt but no full scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3-w8pLv67A

?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Huh they really took the full scene away…

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah, that's the version I found. Unfortunately it cuts off a chunk of it for some reason :/

Edit: I think I found it on Vimeo

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 25, 2021

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Too bad we’re never getting a sequel to this

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

MLSM posted:

So glad we’re never getting a sequel to this

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Ridley Scott will somehow get Disney to fund a sequel.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Blow me.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

MLSM posted:

Blow me.

I’ll do the fingering

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Disney could fund 4 simultaneous Alien movies if they wanted but they won't because they're cowards. Instead we get marvel vomit till the end of time.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

X-Men vs the Brood movie confirmed!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Xenomrph posted:

I’ll do the fingering

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
i like alien

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

Xenomrph posted:

I’ll do the fingering

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
I haven't seen it yet but I imagine Raised by Wolves has a bunch of stuff Ridley originally intended for the sequel to covenant

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

Blood Boils posted:

I haven't seen it yet but I imagine Raised by Wolves has a bunch of stuff Ridley originally intended for the sequel to covenant

A group of kids being raised by seemingly benevolent android... oh what it could have been.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I watched both Prometheus and Covenant recently and found that I enjoyed Prometheus a lot more while conversely hating Covenant a lot more

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Blood Boils posted:

You should watch Raised By Wolves. It’s very good and visually phenomenal.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Blood Boils posted:

Raised by Wolves was created by Aaron Guzikowski. The only involvement Ridley Scott had was being one of six executive producers for the show and just directing the first two episodes. It's a Guzikoski project, not a Scott one.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SUNKOS posted:

Raised by Wolves was created by Aaron Guzikowski. The only involvement Ridley Scott had was being one of six executive producers for the show and just directing the first two episodes. It's a Guzikoski project, not a Scott one.

A project with milky robots probably had at least some input from Ridley Scott.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

SUNKOS posted:

It's easy for people to assume that RBW is a Ridley Scott project when HBOMAX continues to promote it as such.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

SUNKOS posted:

The show oozes in Ridley Scott's visual aesthetic though, its obvious he was heavily involved in the overall look and feel of the show being both executive producer and kicking it off with directing the first two episodes. I'd say it was *gasp* a collaborative effort.

PS go see The Last Duel you fuckers, its legit great.

Gresh fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 27, 2021

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Didn’t Ridley Scott direct an episode of Raised by Wolves?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Xenomrph posted:

Didn’t Ridley Scott direct an episode of Raised by Wolves?

I heard he was a producer but I'm not sure.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wikipedia says he directed the first two (and his son directed the two after that, and the finale).

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

At what point did we learn Ridley wasn't doing a third nu-Alien movie?

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Sodomy Hussein posted:

At what point did we learn Ridley wasn't doing a third nu-Alien movie?

We never did officially, but it’s clear Disney is just waiting for him to die.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
:eyepop:

https://twitter.com/Predator/status/1459197546232893442?s=20

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Well I'm on board

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

If it can hit the middling bar of Predators' level of quality, it should be fairly watchable.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hopefully this is like Mohawk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

I'd also enjoy it done by the guy that made Bone Tomahawk