Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got Asics Gel Contend 7 shoes for work. Can't believe I waited this long to switch my shoes. My feet were killing me even with Superfeet insoles.

Also got an ash catcher for my bong. Makes every hit nice and smooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

This lovely vintage pipe rest

I may need to re-plate it; I tried cleaning/polishing it, but those stains remain. Not sure if they'll come off with other means.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Add another iPad Air to my previous list, as my dad got jealous of my mom's, so I went and got him one too.

And I bought my partner a Switch Lite cause they deserve nice things too.

And 3 tickets to this:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

ReidRansom posted:

This lovely vintage pipe rest

I may need to re-plate it; I tried cleaning/polishing it, but those stains remain. Not sure if they'll come off with other means.

Is there a practical way of doing that process that doesn’t involve super duper poison? I’ve got a couple of pieces of silverware that could do with some plating.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Warbird posted:

Is there a practical way of doing that process that doesn’t involve super duper poison? I’ve got a couple of pieces of silverware that could do with some plating.

Probably not an easy or practical way. I'm not a chemist so I only know the poisony way. But you'd think if there was an easy/cheap/practical solution that didn't involve poisonous solutions, it'd be more widely known. So I can only guess no.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Eldritch BiLast posted:

Add another iPad Air to my previous list, as my dad got jealous of my mom's, so I went and got him one too.

And I bought my partner a Switch Lite cause they deserve nice things too.

And 3 tickets to this:

Good choice, hope you have a great time

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
If it's silver you can try boiling water, some aluminum foil, and sprinkle some baking soda in there. That cleans silver pretty great, and pretty fast.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Chemists love poison though.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The poison is in the dose :twisted:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

If it's silver you can try boiling water, some aluminum foil, and sprinkle some baking soda in there. That cleans silver pretty great, and pretty fast.

I think it’s actually aluminum or something. I ain’t that fancy. It some serving bowl thing and a cheese knife I tarnished up real bad after I tossed them in the dishwasher without paying attention. Polishing compound helped out a lot but there is still work to be done.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Warbird posted:

I think it’s actually aluminum or something. I ain’t that fancy. It some serving bowl thing and a cheese knife I tarnished up real bad after I tossed them in the dishwasher without paying attention. Polishing compound helped out a lot but there is still work to be done.

If it’s pure aluminum (rather than an alloy) you may have accidentally electroplated the aluminum and I don’t necessarily think that is ultimately reversible without some professional help. I’m not a scientist tho, so I’m probably wrong.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Brother Tadger posted:

If it’s pure aluminum (rather than an alloy) you may have accidentally electroplated the aluminum and I don’t necessarily think that is ultimately reversible without some professional help. I’m not a scientist tho, so I’m probably wrong.

If that's the case (though aluminum service pieces would be weird, I think. Like, I don't think it's used for that stuff often but iunno), it could easily be polished off with relative ease with a buffing wheel and some polishing compound and some time.

In my case it's a silver plated piece.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I cannot believe how much fun this game is.

I paid zero attention to Ghost of Tsushima before it came out because it sounded awful. Yet another open world game and this time it's about samurais but it's made by western developers. No thanks. A year later and people were still talking about it. By talking I mean they just kept saying, "No really, you need to play Ghost of Tsushima." I'm in a spell where I needed a distraction and holy smokes, it's perfect for that. I haven't had a game suck me in and keep me up late at night like this since maybe Skyrim.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I think there's an update for it that lets you pet the foxes :3:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
You could pet them in the original.

With the update you can give them belly rubs. :kimchi:

FistLips
Dec 14, 2004

Must I dream and always see your face?
And in the update you can play your flute for the monkeys! Game of the year for sure!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

skooma512 posted:

Also got an ash catcher for my bong. Makes every hit nice and smooth.

Tell me more! I recently got out of a safety sensitive job and can now medicate but I'm a baby in the woods here and tcc intimidates the hell outta me.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Droogie posted:

Tell me more! I recently got out of a safety sensitive job and can now medicate but I'm a baby in the woods here and tcc intimidates the hell outta me.

It’s basically an additional/
different slide piece that has a little reservoir. E.g.,

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Droogie posted:

What Tadger said.

I managed to get one on Amazon for 15 bucks but smoke shops have them too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BM14HB5?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

You put them on your bong and put the bowl inside that. The extra water smooths out hits, and makes your bong have a little more volume for a bigger hit. Keeps crap from building up in the downstem and bong too. I used to need to clean the downstem like every couple days but now there the buildup isn't nearly as intense. I cannot speak to how this effects payload and absorption of the active substance. I still get high, it might take a bit more weed to get the desired effect, but my tolerance is also high and I just love watching the smoke build up in the chamber and coming through the joint for its own sake.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Thank you guys

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Droogie posted:

You don't have to go to TCC. We're a friendly and helpful lot in the "I'm Too High to Post in BYOB" thread.
Or there's the weed thread in GBS.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Droogie posted:

smoke weed erryday :)

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

LifeSunDeath posted:

smoke weed erryday :)

Holy poo poo, goons. Than you for the input on the ash catcher. Now not only does my bong look like a mad science experiment, it has absolutely changed my experience for the better. Picked one up and was still skeptical until tested. I'm a convert.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
had to really tone down my bong usage, cough way too much and I'm old. last ashcatcher I had worked too good, made the hits milk up and restricted flow, really hard hitting if you pulled it out like the bowl. But I prefer a bong with really light smooth draw. To each their own.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
the more complicated your bong is, the better. That's just science.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Google Fi decided I could be trusted with a pair of Pixel 5as. They arrived last week and my spouse and I are big fans already.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Google Fi decided I could be trusted with a pair of Pixel 5as. They arrived last week and my spouse and I are big fans already.

Very nice!
My Pixel 2 XL was amazing until it experienced a series of unfortunate events culminating in its death this summer. Would've replaced it in a heartbeat with a 5a but they weren't out yet.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Fancy computer

Fancy keyboard

Fancy speakers

Fancy scanner

I'm picking up the speakers today but for everything else, top marks.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Years ago I bought a Raspberry Pi to use as my Plex server and while it worked, it was my first experience with Linux and I only got it working after copying and pasting a lot of poo poo that I didn't understand. I felt like I was in Warhammer 40k; trying to keep everything working, knowing full well that if anything broke I couldn't do anything about it.

So I bought a tiny PC and now I'm back on familiar territory!

It was a loving chore to actually get the thing though: the first one I got had a faulty CPU fan and a damaged SATA cable, the exchange I got had a faulty PSU and the windows install was from 2018 so I had a full day of Windows update to run. But now I can remote into it and schedule reboots and open ports and I know what I'm doing!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Megabound posted:

Fancy speakers

I'm picking up the speakers today but for everything else, top marks.

Wife has Audioengine A2+ speakers. Can relate they're real good. I'm sure whatever model those are is also awesome.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

These are Audioengine HD4s, v excited for them to replace the Google Nest Mini that's currently in my room.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Pro tip: buy an ashcatcher with a flat bottom in case you need to take it off the bong for any reason, so you can set it down without bongwater spilling out everywhere

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Megabound posted:

Fancy keyboard

I was considering that earlier this year but ended up with a cheaper split mechanical with a smaller footprint and a layout I preferred, but what I really liked about yours was the idea that the keys were in columns. How are you liking that aspect of it? Is it an awkward transition after standard keyboard layouts or is it the kind of thing where it's so natural you wonder why all keyboards haven't been that way forever?

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the

davebo posted:

I was considering that earlier this year but ended up with a cheaper split mechanical with a smaller footprint and a layout I preferred, but what I really liked about yours was the idea that the keys were in columns. How are you liking that aspect of it? Is it an awkward transition after standard keyboard layouts or is it the kind of thing where it's so natural you wonder why all keyboards haven't been that way forever?

I moved over to an ergodox style keyboard years ago - the transition took about a 3-4 days before I was back up to typing full speed, but it's been great ever since. It's not a mind-blowing experience, but it's definitely nice to be able to reposition your hands as needed

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

davebo posted:

I've used one for work for a couple of years now and I love it. Going to a linear key layout wasn't a massive change really. It's so odd going from a regular keyboard to a split already that I don't think I get to appreciate that particular difference.

I've got printed keycaps at work and blank for home. The printed caps are uniform but the blanks are sculpted so I'll see how much that changes things.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Wrong thread. Bought a new wallet, the Cardemon. Also iPhone N+1.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 02:23 on Sep 23, 2021

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My local convenience store had these and I think they're my favorite go-to snack.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Wal-Mart brand!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Yeah I realized it when I did an GIS for it.

:lol: my local store just re-selling market-brand poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Work shoes, aluminum toed. I wanted the high boot version but oh well.