Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
CEH was fine last year??? Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

RCarr posted:

He was fine last year. He had 10 points last week. One bad week isn’t going to make me panic. He’s the starting RB on one of the best offenses in the league. He will get his points.

He wasn't fine last year based on his ADP and this dude drafted him as a RB 2 which will probably end up as a bad pick.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Despite an amazing Rodgers performance, lost by 3 because WFT D/ST and Jason Sanders combined for 1 point.

Fantasy football taketh away, and fantasy football taketh away again. 0-2 down but not out.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I have Henry, Jones, and Lockett. A pretty nice turnaround after losing week 1 by less than half a point.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Lost by a loving point in my main league to the team that drafted Tonyan in the 4th and then benched him for Fant

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Hate watching my IRL favorite team play and one of my opponents players has a guy on the team go the gently caress off

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
2-0 in Scott Fish Bowl baby

Everything else is a dumpster fire courtesy of the Titans passing game

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo I did not see that Tonyan caught a TD which gave me a two point win in my most expensive league this week.

I'll take 1-2 for the week over 0-3 for sure.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Going into Sunday Night, I was down 15 points with his Lamar to go against my CEH, Kelce, Swift, and my LB Patrick Queen. Going into tonight, I was down 9 points because Lamar went off and CEH and Queen combined for 13 points. Swift failed me...until Goff started dumping to him with 4 minutes left for absolutely no reason. Oh Fantasy, you fickle bitch.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The only player in our league at 2-0 right now spent pick 1.01 on Mahomes. He also drafted Tom Brady and two defenses. Fantasy mocks us.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Still holding out hope for a petty win via stat correction

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I'm thinking of some waiver-wire work hoping to get Cordarelle or Rondale onto this .5PPR team:

The question for me is, who's first on the drop list? I know conventional wisdom is to not have two defenses, and I fully intended to drop one this week. But now it feels like I'm going to get more use out of either of the defenses than I will Hines or Conner.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Vargo posted:

I'm thinking of some waiver-wire work hoping to get Cordarelle or Rondale onto this .5PPR team:

The question for me is, who's first on the drop list?

You can decide you won't need the guys at the end of your bench in ten weeks. You're fooling yourself if you think that's true today.

Drop a defense.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

He wasn't fine last year based on his ADP and this dude drafted him as a RB 2 which will probably end up as a bad pick.

I’m confident by the end of the year his numbers will be RB2ish.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Vargo posted:

The question for me is, who's first on the drop list? I know conventional wisdom is to not have two defenses, and I fully intended to drop one this week. But now it feels like I'm going to get more use out of either of the defenses than I will Hines or Conner.

While 2 def can be unnecessary, playing matchups can be good and it is not like your bench is so strong there is no one droppable.

I think either a defense, Conner, Michel, or Patrick could be reasonably dropped. Conner has no value unless Edmunds gets hurt and is likely not very good anymore, Michel might start this week, but he also is not that good and should play second fiddle to Henderson all season outside of injury, and while Patrick might be an ok WR3/4, you already have 4 WR above him in your depth chart so you don't really need him.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Party Boat posted:

The only player in our league at 2-0 right now spent pick 1.01 on Mahomes. He also drafted Tom Brady and two defenses. Fantasy mocks us.

It’s extremely funny that we spend time giving advice and thinking strategically about any of this at all, yes

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I love having mahomes and kelce in one of my dynasty leagues. I'm never out of a game.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Is it time to panic about Kamara yet

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yes, but I’d be willing to help you mitigate that risk :)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

shyduck posted:

Is it time to panic about Kamara yet

It'd never too early to panic. I usually start within 24 hours of draft day.

Seriously probably no but maybe yes

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

what are Trey Lance owners doing? looks like he really might just ride the pine this year.

I might drop him for a flavor of the week waiver wire add

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

pmchem posted:

what are Trey Lance owners doing? looks like he really might just ride the pine this year.

I might drop him for a flavor of the week waiver wire add

You drafted a backup qb in redraft?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I’ll panic about CEH once he plays a defense that isn’t Cleveland or Baltimore

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 21, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

CEH's been getting the chiefs to near the goal line and then having the TD vultured by a backup or a pass. It's concerning if they're always gonna put in a different back on short yardage situations through the season.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

You drafted a backup qb in redraft?

you know, it gets to the end of the draft, and sometimes you just throw a dart. I'll probably be dropping him soon. Excuse me for trying to generate some fantasy discussion and offending your sensibilities.

Lance was ECR ranking #168 overall at fantasypros for the draft ( https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/consensus-cheatsheets.php ). In a standard 12-team, 16-player-roster league, that's 192 players drafted.

He was drafted in most regular format leagues.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah especially before the full preseason played out, there was plenty of speculation that Jimmy G was going to be benched by game 1. It was a reasonable late-draft flyer to take.

But as things have played out, right now he's nothing more than a handcuff. Jimmy's taken this team to a superbowl, they're not going to bail on him this season unless he implodes. I expect Lance to be used on an occasional play, and of course he's the #2 if G gets injured, but he's a safe drop in redraft.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

you know, it gets to the end of the draft, and sometimes you just throw a dart. I'll probably be dropping him soon. Excuse me for trying to generate some fantasy discussion and offending your sensibilities.

Lance was ECR ranking #168 overall at fantasypros for the draft ( https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/consensus-cheatsheets.php ). In a standard 12-team, 16-player-roster league, that's 192 players drafted.

He was drafted in most regular format leagues.

lol this dude's drafting backup qbs in redraft

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

:lmao: holy poo poo

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.
Who wins this trade in half PPR?

DJ Moore
Tony Pollard

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Saddamnit posted:

Who wins this trade in half PPR?

DJ Moore
Tony Pollard

I would prefer DJ Moore because I think Pollard is a fluke and Zeke is gonna be fine.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

DJ Moore unless Zeke gets hurt

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

sourdough posted:

A depressingly large number of goons do this. Same with TEs.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fate Accomplice posted:

A depressingly large number of goons do this. Same with TEs.

I drafted two DSTs in my goon league and I'm 2-0 :D

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

sourdough posted:

I always draft a backup and handcuff my starter, it's the sensible thing to do. What if you had Fitzpatrick and hadn't handcuffed him with Heinicke? Boy would you look foolish!

quote:

12-team, Yahoo Half PPR, 6pt Pass TD, 0.2pt Completions:
QB - Josh Allen, Derek Carr
RB - Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt, Darrell Henderson Jr., Melvin Gordon III, Malcolm Brown, Damien Williams, Rashaad Penny
WR - Davante Adams, Robert Woods, Tyler Boyd, Cole Beasley, Laviska Shenault Jr., DeVante Parker,
TE - Logan Thomas, Irv Smith Jr. (IR)
Pretty slim pickings on the wire. Best options seem to be:
RB - Jacques Patrick, Gio Bernard
WR - KJ Osborn, Quintez Cephus
TE - David Njoku, Blake Jarwin

Have #1 priority and 99% of my FAAB. Planning to try for Njoku and maybe one of the RBs but not spend anything.

Levin fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 22, 2021

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I mean dudes probably also took Justin Fields toward the end of drafts around Lance and he's most likely starting for the Bears this week and could run away with that job. There's nothing wrong with grabbing potential high upside QB's near the end of the draft if you didn't get any of the top 8-10 QB's. Chances are whoever you draft in the last 2 rounds you're just gonna end up churning them for someone else in a week or 2, what's the difference with a QB?

Now if you already had like Kyler Murray and still grabbed a backup QB then lol

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 22, 2021

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

VietCampo posted:

Now if you already had like Kyler Murray and still grabbed a backup QB then lol

One guy in a money league I’m in ($80 buy-in) drafted Mahomes, Stafford, and Winston. It is not a superflex league.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Levin posted:

I always draft a backup and handcuff my starter, it's the sensible thing to do. What if you had Fitzpatrick and hadn't handcuffed him with Heinicke? Boy would you look foolish!

Pretty slim pickings on the wire. Best options seem to be:
RB - Jacques Patrick, Gio Bernard
WR - KJ Osborn, Quintez Cephus
TE - David Njoku, Blake Jarwin

Have #1 priority and 99% of my FAAB. Planning to try for Njoku and maybe one of the RBs but not spend anything.

I don’t know if any of those dudes are going to improve your team

You’ve got a TE 1 already and Njoku and Jarwin aren’t clear TE starters on their own team. Bernard is not being used at all by TB. Osborn and Cephus look good and seem the likeliest to be guys you’d want to start at some point

Just my 2 cents :shrug:

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Cat Hassler posted:

I don’t know if any of those dudes are going to improve your team

You’ve got a TE 1 already and Njoku and Jarwin aren’t clear TE starters on their own team. Bernard is not being used at all by TB. Osborn and Cephus look good and seem the likeliest to be guys you’d want to start at some point

Just my 2 cents :shrug:
Yeah, you're right, thanks for the sanity check, 0-2 and feeling the itch to tinker. I guess I was hoping to take a flier on a TE to provide security in case something happens to Thomas and for the off chance they somehow outperform him which I know is extremely unlikely. Is your thinking that at least my RB5-7 are solid backups with potential if the team's RB1 goes down? Feel pretty good about my first four and they all have different byes so maybe picking up another WR would be the better play.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
One of my rosters is overflowing with WRs, but my only good back is Henry.

Was offered Najee Harris for DK Metcalf. I'm not loving it, but there's probably upside on Harris. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I would do it.