Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Microsoft went mandatory vaccination before Apple, I can't believe it.

To clarify, Apple STILL hasn't made vaccinations mandatory. Really disappointing.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/17/22679772/apple-vaccine-policy-covid-19-testing-unvaccinated

quote:

"Apple’s new COVID-19 policy requires vaccinations to skip ‘frequent’ testing

It’s unclear if vaccinations will be mandatory for all employees"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Marmaduke! posted:

Are people actually that eager to go to the cinema anyway? A friend is trying to get me to go to a LotR marathon with him this Sunday, lolnope

... theatrical or extended edition? :ohdear:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Verisimilidude posted:

A while back someone posted a graph showing vaccination rates among different demographics, like dems/repubs, black/white/hispanic, etc.

I could have sworn it showed black people and hispanics are vaccinate at higher rates than white people, does anyone have that graph or a link to it?

I've seen this recently

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

Burns
May 10, 2008

Man oh man today has been a nonstop call fest from people wanting to sign vaccine excemption forms. I work in a law firm in Ontario and on the one hand i dont want to help them (most of the callers are citing the same old facebook horsehit fears) but on the other i really want to profit off them and if they die, well one less ashole to have to deal with on the roadway.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Burns posted:

Man oh man today has been a nonstop call fest from people wanting to sign vaccine excemption forms. I work in a law firm in Ontario and on the one hand i dont want to help them (most of the callers are citing the same old facebook horsehit fears) but on the other i really want to profit off them and if they die, well one less ashole to have to deal with on the roadway.

Seems on point for a law firm.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Burns posted:

What exemption are they even claiming? You can't validate an allergy as a lawyer so, some sort of weird bullshit interpretation of the Ontario Human Rights Code thing?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

To clarify, Apple STILL hasn't made vaccinations mandatory. Really disappointing.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/17/22679772/apple-vaccine-policy-covid-19-testing-unvaccinated

yeah they also exempt employees from testing if they eat an all-fruit diet

Burns
May 10, 2008

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

What exemption are they even claiming? You can't validate an allergy as a lawyer so, some sort of weird bullshit interpretation of the Ontario Human Rights Code thing?

So far its been mostly people seeking religious excemptions.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Tunicate posted:

Wow! You'd think they would've learned from the time Steve Jobs died following that diet! This is ridiculous!

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Tunicate posted:

COVID virus to the other viruses: gently caress! It's a fruit-eater!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Ate an apple today. Get hosed covid

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

The US is a weird beast. They're so anti science that the right are denying vaccine efficacy while the left are denying the science supporting the usefulness (or lack thereof) of booster shots while simultaneously talking about how silly the others are for ignoring scientific advice.

lol what is this both sides bullshit doing here

FYI the main comment from the FDA review was "your data shows that boosters are important for Olds but there is not enough data either way for other adults", so that's what the science literally says. Among leftists I haven't seen anything even approaching a denial of that data, but rather an acknowledgement that the data is inadequate, a literally true statement.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Is that why :horsedrugs: are apple flavoured?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

That reminds me that Steve Jobs died of a treatable illness because he was an alternative medicine weirdo, and it doesn't surprise at all to hear that Apple remains beholden to those same dipshit principles

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://www.thecovidworld.com/president-of-croatia-stops-covid-19-vaccination-program-in-his-country/

Also:

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1440385489853239309

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Scarodactyl posted:

Finally got resulta from the two dose JnJ trial, plus bonus antibody testing with boosters
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/09/21/health/johnson-vaccine-two-doses-booster/index.html
Good news though late.

Whoopsie-doodle.

It appears that it should always have been a two-shot series.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Florida had a similar thing where they were so desperately low on school bus drivers and lunchroom attendants they were letting them continue working after a covid exposure as long as they wore a mask

“The forest fire has created a housing shortage, so we will encourage people to live in houses that are actively on fire.”

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Did this get posted here yet? My mom sent me this and it really bummed me out.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/21/us/no-mask-policy-restaurant-couple-texas-trnd/index.html

A Texas couple wore face masks at a restaurant to protect their immunocompromised infant. The owner asked them to leave

quote:

A Texas couple who landed themselves a rare night out with friends says it was cut short when the restaurant kicked them out for wearing face masks, which they say they wore to protect their immunocompromised 4-month-old son.

Natalie Wester and her husband, Jose Lopez-Guerrero, joined a group of friends at a restaurant and bar in Rowlett, about 20 miles northeast of Dallas, on September 10.

"We are new parents and in the middle of a pandemic, we don't really get out a whole lot," Wester told CNN. "But that Friday night, my mom happened to be available to watch our son. ... Living in a pandemic, being isolated and away from others is a big deal for our mental and social health."

Their infant has cystic fibrosis, they said, so they have taken precautions to stay safe and do what's best for their family, and that includes wearing a face mask in public except when drinking or eating.

But the restaurant they visited, Hang Time Sports Grill & Bar, has a no-mask wearing policy, according to its owner, whom CNN affiliate KTVT identified only as Tom. Wester said she was not aware of the policy.

CNN reached out to Hang Time Sports Grill & Bar on Monday by email and phone but has not heard back.

"About 30 minutes in, our waitress comes over and she sits down next to me and she's like, 'Hey, so our manager is over there in the kitchen, and he is not as nice as I am so I came over here to talk to you and unfortunately, this is a political thing, but our manager does not believe in the mask. He's tired of being told what to do by, you know, politics in the country, and so you're going to need to take the mask off," Wester said.

Like, a lily white couple with a cute little infant that has a severe medical problem (cystic fibrosis) that leaves him immunocompromised. If that's not enough to make the right-wing chuds stop going full speed ahead berserk, then nothing is.

Made me feel like the next step is going to be forcibly, knowingly infecting others in an attempt to forcibly "move on with life" and promote "natural antibodies". We already had COVID parties at the start of the pandemic like it was loving chickenpox or something.

I really don't recognize this country anymore. Like, I'm not crazy, right-wingers weren't always this bad, right? Were they always this bad and I was just too young to notice? :smith:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Internet changed how much information we received. As someone who is not from states but grew up in country that had a very strong case of America fanboyism (Turkey aspired to be the "little America" in the 80s) I'm like :stare:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Tiny Myers posted:

I really don't recognize this country anymore. Like, I'm not crazy, right-wingers weren't always this bad, right? Were they always this bad and I was just too young to notice? :smith:

They have always been this bad, yes. The difference now is they can organize and get into lockstep far quicker, thanks to the internet.

e;fb

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
In previous generations, chuds would literally bring their families to lynchings and have picnics

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
That family kicked out of the restaurant was obviously mistreated, but taking your unmasked kid to a restaurant to dine indoors (in loving Texas to boot) is the definition of endangering them with covid.

Failed Imagineer posted:

In previous generations, chuds would literally bring their families to lynchings and have picnics
And gleefully pose for photos with the murdered person hanging next to them.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Zugzwang posted:

That family kicked out of the restaurant was obviously mistreated, but taking your unmasked kid to a restaurant to dine indoors (in loving Texas to boot) is the definition of endangering them with covid.

They didn't.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Zugzwang posted:

And gleefully pose for photos with the murdered person hanging next to them.

They didn't take their kid, but why the gently caress would you eat out at a restaurant if you have a new infant with CF at home :psyduck: Like wtf is this:

quote:

Their infant has cystic fibrosis, they said, so they have taken precautions to stay safe and do what's best for their family, and that includes wearing a face mask in public except when drinking or eating.

Tiny Myers posted:

It was always this bad if you weren't a CIS white male, worse for a huge portion of the country. It's just that everything is visible now that people are pushing back more against various discrimination structures and every whiny right-wing toddler has a bullhorn.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 21, 2021

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Zugzwang posted:

Perhaps you need to reread the article because you are missing some crucial details here.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

EL BROMANCE posted:

They didn't.

Stickman posted:

They didn't take their kid, but why the gently caress would you eat out at a restaurant if you have a new infant with CF at home :psyduck:
Whoops, and yeah, that was my larger point.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Yeah, I absolutely agree they shouldn't be going out period - like, have your friends quarantine then visit you or FaceTime or something. But it still struck me that it was about the most "sympathetic scenario" I could think of for your average Republican, always pearlclutching about the young white families with their young white babies and think of the chiiillddrrennnn, and they're still like "no, you must leave this restaurant without the food you paid for, because masks are impinging on Are Freedoms."

I am not a cis white male, but I guess I was fortunate enough to grow up kind of sheltered in a blue state. Feels weird to think "oh yeah, for a very long time now half of the country has been a burgeoning death cult, you were just too young and naive to notice" but fair point on the public lynchings.

:smith: how the hell do we fix any of this lol

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Tiny Myers posted:

Yeah, I absolutely agree they shouldn't be going out period - like, have your friends quarantine then visit you or FaceTime or something. But it still struck me that it was about the most "sympathetic scenario" I could think of for your average Republican, always pearlclutching about the young white families with their young white babies and think of the chiiillddrrennnn, and they're still like "no, you must leave this restaurant without the food you paid for, because masks are impinging on Are Freedoms."

I am not a cis white male, but I guess I was fortunate enough to grow up kind of sheltered in a blue state. Feels weird to think "oh yeah, for a very long time now half of the country has been a burgeoning death cult, you were just too young and naive to notice" but fair point on the public lynchings.

:smith: how the hell do we fix any of this lol

Conservatives are pretty conclusively born and not made, so we develop a prenatal screening and then abort them

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
You know, obviously, it's not like a perfect system -- you have to take your mask off to eat, maybe to take photos, but not just because the manager of the Hang Pence Sports Bar and Grill wants to see my mouth

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Anyone know anything about this research proposal that's starting to make the rounds?

https://twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1440142698929745929

Starting to hit the press, but I don't have a sub:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/us-rejected-funding-for-bat-coronavirus-project-at-wuhan-lab-hzlql76wd

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 22, 2021

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Given your last post ITT was a link to a literal fascist covid denialist group and this one is a link to an antivax site and a CHINA SCARY BAD bit of bullshit, can I suggest you gently caress off back to Facebook?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Anyone know anything about this research proposal that's starting to make the rounds?

https://twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1440142698929745929

Starting to hit the press, but I don't have a sub:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/us-rejected-funding-for-bat-coronavirus-project-at-wuhan-lab-hzlql76wd
It looks like the plan was to prevent something like covid by introducing a harmless virus into a bat population - and make them immune to it. Hence, project "defuse".

It'll for sure be conspiracy fodder but... Like, they were right and maybe this could have prevented covid in the first place.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Tiny Myers posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/21/us/no-mask-policy-restaurant-couple-texas-trnd/index.html

A Texas couple wore face masks at a restaurant to protect their immunocompromised infant. The owner asked them to leave

Like, a lily white couple with a cute little infant that has a severe medical problem (cystic fibrosis) that leaves him immunocompromised. If that's not enough to make the right-wing chuds stop going full speed ahead berserk, then nothing is.

Made me feel like the next step is going to be forcibly, knowingly infecting others in an attempt to forcibly "move on with life" and promote "natural antibodies". We already had COVID parties at the start of the pandemic like it was loving chickenpox or something.

"I'm tired of people telling me what to do, this situation has gotten too political"

"no you can not do what you want to do, because it's against my politics"

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

"I'm tired of people telling me what to do, this situation has gotten too political"

"no you can not do what you want to do, because it's against my politics"

They're all glassbrained idiots.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Tiny Myers posted:

They were in fact, always this bad. Do you not remember their response to the Newtown massacre? They didn't give a gently caress about kids literally getting murdered back then. They sure as hell don't care about kids getting sick now.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Covid is obviously a CIA funded Epstein dead man’s switch

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Tiny Myers posted:

There were always bad elements, but at this point there has been 30+ years of increasingly blatant information warfare going on to make them like this. All the Murdoch properties, but most notably Fox News, provides a clear throughline from Reagan conservatives to the current GOP Qanon Trump deathcult. If you have a population on a straight IV of propaganda for long enough they will go bad places. Being "conservative" now is an identity and functions more like a religion than anything else.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

I find it fascinating that basically nowhere in the chud media space is anyone trying to keep them alive.

Chud reddit is still full steam ahead on not taking the vaccine.

I don’t even want anything for Christmas this year lol

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

We had our second child in August 2020, which COVID made crappy in predictable ways, but at least it wasn't affecting pregnant women that much.

Delta is terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

spunkshui posted:

I don’t even want anything for Christmas this year lol

Whatever, that thing got canceled in 2008. If you go so far as to say "Merry Christmas," even in your own home, the liberal gunmen will shoot you dead on sight.