Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Senor Tron posted:

In Adelaide had an anti-mask protestor approach us on the street while walking back from lunch. He had a big yellow star of David pinned to his chest and was walking up to anyone wearing a mask to loudly yell at them "ZERO CASES IN THE COMMUNITY".

Yes officer I felt threatened and acted in self defense when I popped him one in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Before work started today we had a toolbox with our company's head safety supervisor. Our company wants to keep a record of who has and who hasn't had a vaccination - this is QLD but I am mildly surprised it has taken this long to get going. I chatted with the onsite safety manager about it and asked him if vaccines be mandatory. He said company policy will probably head in that direction. The attitude around work seems to be apathy, we are in QLD so who cares until you get Covid or you are required to have 1 for work? I got my first Pfizer dose last week.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

BrigadierSensible posted:

poo poo like this, (the "we do not consent" phrasing, as well as the "freedom!" and ivermectin poo poo), makes me really really sad.

Coz it is stolen verbatim from the nutjobs in America. And it seems to be resonating here. Which sucks arse.

Because this is literally the line being pushed on Sky and in the Murdoch papers (which is almost all of them).

Tradies sit in their tea rooms every day and read their local Murdoch rag for something to look at and see the endless bullshit headlines and outright lies of the "opinion columnists" about how Dandrews is a tyrant and has no right to prevent people from licking doorknobs.

The older ones go home and go on Facebook which is the digital equivalent of inhaling lead fumes.

It was pretty much inevitable.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Violence and humiliation is the only language fascists understand. There's a reason that they become laughing stocks when they're filmed getting punched in the face. They need to bleed and be named and shamed.

:emptyquote:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Konomex posted:

Because all Gladys has talked about since before she "locked down" was opening up and staying open and how they need to open up as soon as possible, it seems. It just gives a strong impression.

I think the bigger danger in terms of kids and vaccination is going to be the federal government. They're the ones who decide what vaccines are available to the public free of charge and they distribute them. If they decide any given threshold is enough, there's little any of the states can do about it.

It's over a month until students in NSW return to school and it will be interesting to see what the vaccination numbers are looking like then.

Another protest is planned for Melbourne today.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 21, 2021

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
We just had an earthquake in Melbourne

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Solemn Sloth posted:

Biggest I've ever felt in my life. Or in California terms, Tuesday morning I guess? Quite the new experience. Nothing fell down.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
I've never felt one before, I thought there's be noise!

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal

Solemn Sloth posted:

Is that what that was?? Thought my house was falling down from a SEVERE gust of wind.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
i was mid poo poo when it struck, weirdly i was also mid poo poo during the 2012 (?) earthquake hit

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Solemn Sloth posted:

Seems like it was felt as far away as the NSW border.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
https://twitter.com/declanf/status/1440456935661129733

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/AusQuake/status/1440456585336082432?s=20

5.3 magnitude centred in Gippsland, apparently was felt as far as Canberra.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://earthquakes.ga.gov.au/ says it was a 6.0 in the middle of nothing much. Closest large town is Mansfield. 10km depth.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Solemn Sloth posted:

https://twitter.com/AusQuake/status/1440456585336082432?s=20

5.3 magnitude centred in Gippsland, apparently was felt as far as Canberra.

I didn't feel anything in Canberra personally

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

abigserve posted:

I didn't feel anything in Canberra personally

Nobody does.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

https://twitter.com/prafxis/status/1440458647339892746

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Laserface posted:

Nobody does.
lol

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
https://twitter.com/SharnelleVella/status/1440462987920175106

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Side of a building in Chapel Street fell off, which might have killed someone if they were under it.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 22, 2021

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Thoughts and prayers for those who are on a supermarket shift this morning in vic

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 22, 2021

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

dr_rat posted:

Thoughts and prayers for those who are on a supermarket shift this morning in vic

Sir, this is a pharmacy

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Comstar posted:

Side of a building in Chapel Street fell off, which might have killed someone if they were under it.

https://twitter.com/tonytardio/status/1440459360547717123

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

dr_rat posted:

That's just a chemist warehouse after someone got caught shop lifting skin creme and flipped their poo poo

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

big dong wanter posted:

i was mid poo poo when it struck, weirdly i was also mid poo poo during the 2012 (?) earthquake hit

You must do some powerful turds.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Seems all the towns around us in central Vic felt it quite strongly and myself and my neighbours here all felt absolutely nothing at all?

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Not only was that the strongest one I've ever felt in Melbourne but it felt like it went for ages too? A minute or more. The 2012 one just rattled the doorknobs.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
https://twitter.com/paul_dowsley/status/1440477273509957632

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
In Yarraville....we didn't feel a thing. The dog didn't even look up. Maybe because we're on the other side of the water?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Illuminti posted:

In Yarraville....we didn't feel a thing. The dog didn't even look up. Maybe because we're on the other side of the water?

Shook my building in Footscray and my mates in Yarraville and Seddon felt it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Let me add to the voices of Melbournians, (Frankston here), saying that they didn't feel the earthquake earlier today.

I was living in Chengdu in 2013 when there was an earthquake in Sichuan, (not the BIG one), and I definitely felt that one. But this morning, not a whimper.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Look if it's a wall of mounted police vs a tram, I'm putting my money on the tram.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

JBP posted:

Shook my building in Footscray and my mates in Yarraville and Seddon felt it.

I wonder if the type of building you're in matters...I think I was actually outside when in happened...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

fake tradies outside kept loving up their own chants and gave up and just marched in silence.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Synthbuttrange posted:

fake tradies outside kept loving up their own chants and gave up and just marched in silence.

say what you will about the salties, but they can always get a good chant going at may day

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
According to this morning's presser, 25% of 12-15 year olds in NSW have now had their first dose of vaccine.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/afuturemountain/status/1440492346676690950?s=20
currently going on outside my window at latrobe/russel.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

bonk

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I live in a flophouse flat off Chapel St. The trains going past shake the walls daily. Building was like jelly this morning and my neighbours were all shouting and freaking out.

Sister was getting her second shot at Melbourne Museum and didn't notice anything apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Personally I think if the nazis and police kill each other that would be a good thing