Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

heart failure is what's on the death certificate i think, but there were a lot of other problems, including a lack of health insurance, a bout of homelessness, and a history of self-medicating with alcohol. don't worry about your girlfriend. my understanding is that a huge part of the problem with CF/ME is that it can sort of make a person invisible because they aren't able to get out and socialize, so that your girlfriend has a supporting partner is a big step up from what was going on with my ex.

Ah man, that's rough, thanks though. Any disability like that can lead to such impossible spirals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

last night i had a dream that i was home alone - my wife had taken the kids out to visit her family to give me a break. i'd stocked the fridge with beer and i was just going to kick back, play video games, watch tv and relax by myself. i went to the kitchen to get a beer out of the fridge and a Flan Princess () from final fantasy 4 was in my kitchen. it looked kind of goofy and badly put together, sort of like a half-assed muppet crossed with a blancmange from that one monty python sketch, a really low budget monster, but somehow that was even more unsettling. it had a voice a lot like Droopy Dog, and it was very polite, constantly saying things like "good sir" and "i wonder if you can find it in your heart." it said it hadn't meant to startle me but that it was terribly thirsty and wanted to know if could spare it one of my Gatorades. i gave it one and it tossed the whole thing into its mouth. it kept apologizing for being a bother and asking for more, tossing anything i gave it into its huge mouth and then making a few up and down munching motions. i gave it more gatorades, some seltzer, and a quart of lemonade. then it asked if it could have some ginger ale, and i apologized, but told it that those were my wife's.

"oh, not to worry at all," it said, and it gave me this big smile, but it seemed like a mean smile somehow. it just sat there, grinning at me for a minute, and i wondered if i should just go back to the living room. it was really unnerving just standing there in silence across from it. suddenly, out of nowhere, it said "i killed your ex, you know." it should have felt silly because of how ridiculous it looked and sounded, but i knew somehow that it will telling me the truth, that my ex who died a few years back of myalgic encephalomyelitis had somehow gotten sick because of this thing. "your college friend too," it said (a friend from college recently died of ovarian cancer). "also your grandmother. pretty soon i'm going to kill your stingy wife." i got furious and reached to throttle the thing and just came up with a handful of pink blanket. i threw the blanket on the floor and started crying. the dream logic seemed to forget my family was away, because my son came in carrying a blue blanket. "it's okay daddy. you can have this blanket," he said, and when i looked at it, the Flan Princess face was on the front, laughing a kind of low chuckle. i screamed myself awake.

:stare: hope you're doing alright my man...

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

dark ragged lol at that horrifying dream

glad you’re back bicyclops. & genuine sympathies that your subconscious has been fed so much material for nightmares lately

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

thanks, i'm doing okay, just dealing with some normal COVID fatigue and apparently my brain is having a normal one with it, lol.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

last night i had a dream that i was home alone - my wife had taken the kids out to visit her family to give me a break. i'd stocked the fridge with beer and i was just going to kick back, play video games, watch tv and relax by myself. i went to the kitchen to get a beer out of the fridge and a Flan Princess () from final fantasy 4 was in my kitchen. it looked kind of goofy and badly put together, sort of like a half-assed muppet crossed with a blancmange from that one monty python sketch, a really low budget monster, but somehow that was even more unsettling. it had a voice a lot like Droopy Dog, and it was very polite, constantly saying things like "good sir" and "i wonder if you can find it in your heart." it said it hadn't meant to startle me but that it was terribly thirsty and wanted to know if could spare it one of my Gatorades. i gave it one and it tossed the whole thing into its mouth. it kept apologizing for being a bother and asking for more, tossing anything i gave it into its huge mouth and then making a few up and down munching motions. i gave it more gatorades, some seltzer, and a quart of lemonade. then it asked if it could have some ginger ale, and i apologized, but told it that those were my wife's.

"oh, not to worry at all," it said, and it gave me this big smile, but it seemed like a mean smile somehow. it just sat there, grinning at me for a minute, and i wondered if i should just go back to the living room. it was really unnerving just standing there in silence across from it. suddenly, out of nowhere, it said "i killed your ex, you know." it should have felt silly because of how ridiculous it looked and sounded, but i knew somehow that it will telling me the truth, that my ex who died a few years back of myalgic encephalomyelitis had somehow gotten sick because of this thing. "your college friend too," it said (a friend from college recently died of ovarian cancer). "also your grandmother. pretty soon i'm going to kill your stingy wife." i got furious and reached to throttle the thing and just came up with a handful of pink blanket. i threw the blanket on the floor and started crying. the dream logic seemed to forget my family was away, because my son came in carrying a blue blanket. "it's okay daddy. you can have this blanket," he said, and when i looked at it, the Flan Princess face was on the front, laughing a kind of low chuckle. i screamed myself awake.

good lord lmao. dude, hope youre doing ok

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

thanks, i'm doing okay, just dealing with some normal COVID fatigue and apparently my brain is having a normal one with it, lol.

yup sounds about right to me lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

:cheerdoge::shibe:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

jesus christ

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

SOMEone should make rap genius for the imp zone where people explain all the pics from movies / shows i haven't seen.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmfao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

b_d posted:

SOMEone should make rap genius for the imp zone where people explain all the pics from movies / shows i haven't seen.

Go watch Mulholland Drive

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lmao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i watched it 15 years ago and don't remember a single thing. now what

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

b_d posted:

Watch it again.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ive got games to play.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

ive got games to play.

Watch it while playing games.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Watch it while playing games.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

it's pretty hard to forget some of the scenes in that movie if you know what i mean. awooga!!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

He goes: I’m very sorry, but those are for my wife! Normal people don't act that way!
I go: Bicyclops, just give me a ginger ale, please
All I want is a ginger ale, and he wouldn't give it to me
All I wanted was a ginger ale, just one ginger ale, and he wouldn't give it to me
Just a ginger ale

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

He goes: I’m very sorry, but those are for my wife! Normal people don't act that way!
I go: Bicyclops, just give me a ginger ale, please
All I want is a ginger ale, and he wouldn't give it to me
All I wanted was a ginger ale, just one ginger ale, and he wouldn't give it to me
Just a ginger ale

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hey Princess Flan, you know we've been noticing you've been drinking a lot of gatorade lately, you know? Maybe you get away, and like maybe you should talk about it, you’ll feel a lot better!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i was probated so by now i forgot some details but basically:

one dream involved shiggy being incredibly pissed off about unauthorized copies of super mario 64, so he personally went around destroying anything that might be or contain an illegal copy. i found this out while i was hanging out with someone who to troll pointed at a dog that was taking a poo poo and said "that dog is nintendo, and the turd is super mario 64". immediately shiggy appears driving a car and drives up the curb into the sidewalk, perpendicular to it, aiming for the turd. the poo poo is way too close to a wall so the car smashes the front against it, with the wheels unable to run over the poo poo. so shiggy just backs off and smashes into the wall again over and over in a frenzy. im about to tell him but i realize hes not paying attention to anything, putting all his focus into ramming the car back and forth into the wall, never able to run the turd over. he doesnt even look angry, just very determined.

a different dream had a whole bunch of stuff unrelated to any game, but two sections were separated by a sequence where a luigi with a huge round but squished face, and in the middle of it has g-man's facial features from hl2, shows up. he seems to be making an interlude like hes presenting a twilight zone short, talking cryptically as the gman usually does. heres my attempt at recreating this "luig-man":

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
it reminded me a lot of the moon from the melies film:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

one dream involved shiggy being incredibly pissed off about unauthorized copies of super mario 64, so he personally went around destroying anything that might be or contain an illegal copy. i found this out while i was hanging out with someone who to troll pointed at a dog that was taking a poo poo and said "that dog is nintendo, and the turd is super mario 64". immediately shiggy appears driving a car and drives up the curb into the sidewalk, perpendicular to it, aiming for the turd. the poo poo is way too close to a wall so the car smashes the front against it, with the wheels unable to run over the poo poo. so shiggy just backs off and smashes into the wall again over and over in a frenzy. im about to tell him but i realize hes not paying attention to anything, putting all his focus into ramming the car back and forth into the wall, never able to run the turd over. he doesnt even look angry, just very determined.

a different dream had a whole bunch of stuff unrelated to any game, but two sections were separated by a sequence where a luigi with a huge round but squished face, and in the middle of it has g-man's facial features from hl2, shows up. he seems to be making an interlude like hes presenting a twilight zone short, talking cryptically as the gman usually does. heres my attempt at recreating this "luig-man":

lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

ArfJason posted:

lmao the Mario pantheon grows

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

ArfJason posted:

lmfao

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

lmao. also lol at that probe

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

ArfJason posted:

lmfao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

ArfJason posted:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ArfJason posted:

it reminded me a lot of the moon from the melies film:

lol. meiluigi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dreamed my dog was singing to me about Jet Force Gemini in a Florence and the Machine style. Upsetting