Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Their high-vis gear is reflecting too much light, I can't see their signs! Everyone has ear protection on, I can't hear their voices!! Oh, the irony!!

---
<as per their Telegram post>

- the immediate removal of emergency state powers,
- an immediate end to lockdown
- an end to mask and vaccine mandates
- the resignation of Premier Daniel Andrews and chief health officer Brett Sutton
- a royal commission into the government's pandemic response
- charges against police for "assaulting peaceful protesters"
- a resumption of all construction sites
- and "mass distribution of ivermectin, vitamin C, vitamin D and zinc".

Sounds like a episode of Ally McBeal, West Wing and House mashed together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Okay, I get the ivermectin but why the vitamin c, d, and zinc?

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Classic response to "Ok, these people are not buying it, let's add something they'll accept then we can drag them in". Something of an "Appeal to reason" addition to a shithouse argument, usually used by these types in their one-no-one manipulation.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My understanding is that they're all things recommended for a 'healthy and natural' immune system boost. You can usually get some kind of combo tablet from a pharmacy. After doing some reading, vitamin D3 can supposedly help reduce symptoms of respiratory illness, but is meant to be produced by the human body on its own when the skin is exposed to UVB radiation in sunlight (it also helps calcium absorption, so might also be advertised on its own for helping to improve bone density or dental health). It might be more useful for people who spend all their time indoors, or who live in places that are constantly dark and cloudy.

Since these kinds of tablets are already so widely available, it just makes the argument for needing ivermectin weaker IMO. Tell them to go and get their cold and flu immune response tablets.

https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/91181/nature-s-way-immune-support-100-tablets

quote:

Ingredients
100 tablets

Each tablet contains:
Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 250 mg
Colecalciferol (Vitamin D3 100IU) 5 micrograms
Zinc (As Zinc amino chelate) 5 mg
Echinacea purpurea root & rhizome ext. dry conc. 125 mg
- Equiv. to Echinacea purpurea root & rhizome dry. 750 mg

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Sep 21, 2021

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

So I guess they don't actually trust their immune system that much?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Vit C, d, zinc and iodine is pushed by health grifters in supplements as it's an unregulated market, so you have dudes like Alex Jones who are telling you to take ivermectin and his supplements that'll boost your immune system. It's the cash part of the grift. You'll also see collodiol silver.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Apparently there were some Trump flags spotted at today's protest, and on a hunch I went and googled whether anyone had ever made any Australian versions of the US Gadsden flag

gently caress me that's cringeworthy, I should have known better than to go looking
:negative:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's lots and lots of anti-vaxxers who are pushing ivermectin & vitamins as a covid cure, you see pretty much that exact list plus or minus a few others come up a lot in anti-vaxx screeds

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Thick ropes

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Oh no , please don't have too much zinc

I'd feel so owned if they had incredible loads from regular high doses of zinc

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Meanwhile in Canberra

https://i.imgur.com/eXW4mVg.mp4

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/talkingblue1/status/1440060517322686470

This is some qanon level nonsense.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
That brainwormed are here finally

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

If anyone believes this footage is real imprisson them immediately.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Saw a dude walking around in Perth on the day of tbe protest with a trump hat with make australia great again logo on it.

Assuming it wasnt a coincidence.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Jestery posted:

That brainwormed are here finally

loving social media is killing us.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's just a cold, and those vitamins are used in numerous standard vitamin mixes for cold treatment.

e:f;b

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Sep 21, 2021

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zeniel posted:

Saw a dude walking around in Perth on the day of tbe protest with a trump hat with make australia great again logo on it.

Assuming it wasnt a coincidence.

Might have been a George Christensen fan or a Clive Palmer fan. I can't decide whether that'd be more or less embarrassing than being an Australian Trump fan but they're a fuckhead either way

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
"I've got a mate in the know" = the same kid who said his uncle worked at Nintendo

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Anyone got any updates on the #FakeTradies?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

The poor old 70-something granny that got knocked over in the protest by the cops? Apparently a guy in a wig and mask.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

duck monster posted:

loving social media is killing us.

Its really the same as Alan Jones/channel 9 stoking the flames of the Cronulla Riots by publishing the SMS, just amplified by social media because theres literally no brakes.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

This youtube guy did a good breakdown of the lead-up to the riots:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxfYums6B2Q

tl;dr: roughly 1/3 of the rioters on Monday were construction unionists, 1/3 were non-union construction workers and 1/3 were anti-vaxx/neo-nazi agitators. The anti-vaxxers had organised the entire thing right from the start and convinced the unionists to turn up and they were also behind earlier protests with the aged care and nursing home industries.

Also a friend of mine who'd been working at one of the big vaxx hubs in Melbourne reports that there's been a huge number of tradies turning up for their jabs recently, the squeaky wheels that are rampaging down city streets are only a loud dumb minority

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Sep 22, 2021

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This youtube guy did a good breakdown of the lead-up to the riots:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxfYums6B2Q

tl;dr: roughly 1/3 of the rioters on Monday were construction unionists, 1/3 were non-union construction workers and 1/3 were anti-vaxx/neo-nazi agitators. The anti-vaxxers had organised the entire thing right from the start and convinced the unionists to turn up and they were also behind earlier protests with the aged care and nursing home industries.

Also a friend of mine who'd been working at one of the big vaxx hubs in Melbourne reports that there's been a huge number of tradies turning up for their jabs recently, the squeaky wheels that are rampaging down city streets are only a loud dumb minority

this is what I've heard yeah.

Convinced that by day two, the unionists were maybe 1/6 then by today almost none, non-unionists dwindling too.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/Anonykatz1/status/1440594540616830979

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The poor old 70-something granny that got knocked over in the protest by the cops? Apparently a guy in a wig and mask.

yup

Yeah, there were some (but not many) legit union workers who got roped into it yesterday. But the CFMEU said anyone caught going today would be banned from union worksites in the future (aka fired) so the crowd today had basically zero hivis wearing people and there were a lot less people involved, probably 150 when they walked past me down collins st at noon.

People were cheering from balconies as the cops caught people trying to run away, so there is no popular support for antivaxxers parading around the place and loving everything up for everybody else.

https://twitter.com/CorbinMiddlemas/status/1440576463535677450

Nobody likes these fuckwits
https://twitter.com/BrentHodgson/status/1440586199807107073

drunkill fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Sep 22, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
^^^^ Yep, this basically.

No one likes these fuckers.

this is what I've heard yeah.

Convinced that by day two, the unionists were maybe 1/6 then by today almost none, non-unionists dwindling too.

I can only imagine the CFMEU sending reps out to every work site to law down the loving law on actual tradies turning up to any more protests.

God, they must have been loving pissed after the aggro bullshit at their offices.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT-8IdZPci2/?utm_medium=copy_link

its actually an old woman.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

big austin powers "that's a man baby" energy

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

If you take vitamin C beyond a certain point, you just get diarrhea. I don't see the need to discourage it's use.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

alf_pogs posted:

big austin powers "that's a manbaby" energy

turn on your monitor lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

well why not posted:

If you take vitamin C beyond a certain point, you just get diarrhea. I don't see the need to discourage it's use.

Ivermectin will give them PLENTY of diarrhoea on its own! :pseudo:

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

well why not posted:

I'm hammering back 1000mg a day and i'm still waiting :(

(I got prescribed it after getting nerve surgery in my elbow, due to some evidence suggesting it helps with nerve recovery, and so i'm doing a few months of it since there's bascially no downside.)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Nam Taf posted:

(I got prescribed it after getting nerve surgery in my elbow, due to some evidence suggesting it helps with nerve recovery, and so i'm doing a few months of it since there's bascially no downside.)

What color is your pee?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Outrail posted:

What color is your pee?

Purple like it should be, what colour is yours?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Nam Taf posted:

glow in the dark piss is fun but loses its charm after a few days.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

God drat some of the videos on that page are intense.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT9o5NVL-jZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Any time I go laughing to another thread about how stupid Australia is, it turns out to be wrong.

She's still a loving idiot though.

But gently caress drat, it's 100% out of line to just spray her like that.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Outrail posted:

What color is your pee?

Less orange than when I’m dehydrated after a big night on the piss

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Yeah there's often a bunch of dumb rumours popping up online immediately after stuff like this that which soon spread and turn into conspiracy theories. "Brutalized old lady was actually a 34 year old man in a disguise trying to make authorities look bad" is a great example, I've also seen a bunch of posts claiming that two of the protesters who were shot with rubber bullets actually died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Yeah there's often a bunch of dumb rumours popping up online immediately after stuff like this that which soon spread and turn into conspiracy theories. "Brutalized old lady was actually a 34 year old man in a disguise trying to make authorities look bad" is a great example, I've also seen a bunch of posts claiming that two of the protesters who were shot with rubber bullets actually died

Two now?

I still hadn't seen the first one!