Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Tempest_56 posted:

I haven't hit that point yet, but the GC turn-ins are pretty lucrative on their own. A single HQ item can get you 2-3 levels all the way up to 50.

Unrelated other newbie question: what's the best way to get tomestones? I'm starting to need to care about gearing alt jobs and the numbers I need versus the rate they seem to come in is pretty rough.

Honestly, unless you're trying to do extreme/max level content and you truly need the i-level edge, HQ crafted gear will be more than enough to get you through the paces. Whether that's true or not or if you actually can source said HQ goods are other questions to be asked :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Is there a way to move the floating combat text? I only see an option to turn it on and off. I don't mind it at all but its too low on my screen, I need it moved upward more where I'm watching the screen. Instead they have it down near the cross hotbar which means I have to look down too much for my liking. I can't find it under HUD layout at all, super weird. I use it to watch for procs on my Red Mage.

I'm trying to get my grand company rank up and the squadron grind is really annoying. My recruits have all been archers and marauders, zero casters or other recruits beyond the 4 you start with. I used one of those manuals to get a guaranteed recruit and did some stupid levequests hoping to get an arcanist and got yet another archer. It is really dumb that they lock buying the class change books and ranks behind grinding it up to 50 to do the flagged Crystal Recovery mission.

Also Heavensward is already WAY better than ARR, only did like a handful of MSQs but they were much more enjoyable and I love the HW zones.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 22, 2021

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Tempest_56 posted:

I haven't hit that point yet, but the GC turn-ins are pretty lucrative on their own. A single HQ item can get you 2-3 levels all the way up to 50.

Unrelated other newbie question: what's the best way to get tomestones? I'm starting to need to care about gearing alt jobs and the numbers I need versus the rate they seem to come in is pretty rough.

I don't know if it's different from DoL stuff but it's only been since level 65 or so that a turnin doesn't more or less guarantee a level. Even then if it's bronze starred or HQ I always get a level, and watching.my level jump from 65 to 67 in one HQ + Star combo was lovely.

The nice thing, at least so far, is that I can spend ~5-10k Gil on the MB, finish out turn ins for the day, and then my roulettes make that gil back easily. Hell, sometimes I sell the remainder of whatever I didn't use out of a stack of something for what I originally paid for it or more and come out ahead. If for someone reason it's ungodly expensive it's almost always something I can buy mats for, make, and turn THAT in and then I double dip on XP.

Most of my DoH are floating between 17 and 30 though, so this might be way less feasible in a few more levels.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lady Radia posted:

I heard there's a faster way to level up crafting/gathering in 3.3 content or so; is it worth just grinding through the MSQ until then, and then catching up some of my DoH/DoL jobs (some of which are still near single digits!!), or should I just sit down and power them up one at a time?

Don't sleep on beast tribes, they're a steady source of xp and provide all the mats/gathering nodes for you.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Speaking of crafting, I'm a little overwhelmed by the various scripts and Masterwork vendors. There's yellow scripts, white scripts, and Skybuilder's. There's Zhloe, Rowena, and that dude back in Revenant's Toll that I forget the name of. Am I forgetting more?

I've been leveling my three DoH classes (Leatherworker, Culinarian, Goldsmith) pretty passively via Grand Company turn-ins and now Moogle tribe dailies, and wondering if I should stop that in favor of a grind that actually earns these tokens. Are some of these just obsolete, or is there good stuff from each? For what it's worth, my main goal for the LTW and GSM is to mostly make fashion items. CUL I just took because I always pick up cooking in MMOs.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Lady Radia posted:

I heard there's a faster way to level up crafting/gathering in 3.3 content or so; is it worth just grinding through the MSQ until then, and then catching up some of my DoH/DoL jobs (some of which are still near single digits!!), or should I just sit down and power them up one at a time?

I just did this myself. I only have mining and goldsmithing as examples, but while mining was somewhat faster to level, goldsmithing was insanely fast to level. Plus you get cool rewards for turn ins on top of xp.
And I highly recommend using macros when you are crafting, it makes it way easier.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Celebrity Ghost posted:

Speaking of crafting, I'm a little overwhelmed by the various scripts and Masterwork vendors. There's yellow scripts, white scripts, and Skybuilder's. There's Zhloe, Rowena, and that dude back in Revenant's Toll that I forget the name of. Am I forgetting more?

I've been leveling my three DoH classes (Leatherworker, Culinarian, Goldsmith) pretty passively via Grand Company turn-ins and now Moogle tribe dailies, and wondering if I should stop that in favor of a grind that actually earns these tokens. Are some of these just obsolete, or is there good stuff from each? For what it's worth, my main goal for the LTW and GSM is to mostly make fashion items. CUL I just took because I always pick up cooking in MMOs.

Yellow scrip is what you use for leveling gear, it's like poetics tomestones but for crafters. White scrip is only for max level. You probably have some yellow already, I'm pretty sure the Moogle quests give you a little. The specific scrip vendor doesn't matter, they all let you turn in the same things. To buy stuff, it's easier to just go to the main hub for the expansion and talk to the splendor vendor, who also sells poetics gear. The interface is a lot better.

Zhloe is a custom delivery recipient. The naming is intimidating, but these are a great way to level crafters, and have really cute stories attached. Basically, you talk to the person to find out what kind of thing they want, then go find the vendor for materials nearby (in that case they're over by the scrip vendors). You buy the materials for a small amount of gil and craft the turn-ins. There are more custom delivery people in each expansion, not always in major towns, keep an eye out!

You can only do 6 a week for each person, and only 12 a week total, but they give GREAT rewards. Especially since you don't have to break the bank on materials.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Hell you get your money back for the materials, at least in Zhloe's case. Sad that free trial can't access any additional custom deliveries besides her.

I've been doing quite a bit of crafting as something to waste time on while biding until I get out of free trial and start Stormblood. My strategy for leveling has been to use the Deliverance Ixal Quest to level a DoH from 1 to 20, Firmament from 20-40, and then more Deliverance + normal Ixal quests for 40-50. Then at 50 I have the common Artisan gear that I bought with Company Seals plus accessories bought from Ishgard, which gives the crafters enough skill to do their own Moogle quests. I did ALL of this just so that the EXP you get from Moogle Quests wasn't wasted on a max-level crafter, and I just finished yesterday with getting their reputation up to max with finishing leveling Armorer. With the level 50 gear you can probably easily make the Firmament level 40 recipes as well. I got most if not all of the materials I need for Firmanent stuff on a rainy day some time ago where I just went into the Diadem and went mining and harvesting until my Miner and Botanist were level 60 as well.

I have most of the DoH at 60. Blacksmith is at 50 and Leatherworker is in the early stages, and I haven't started Culinarian yet (and I probably won't...), but everything else is up there. It'll be nice to have them all ready for whatever crafter beastmen are in Stormblood so I don't have to worry about doing this song and dance over and over again. Feels good.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

The Gunslinger posted:

Is there a way to move the floating combat text? I only see an option to turn it on and off. I don't mind it at all but its too low on my screen, I need it moved upward more where I'm watching the screen. Instead they have it down near the cross hotbar which means I have to look down too much for my liking. I can't find it under HUD layout at all, super weird. I use it to watch for procs on my Red Mage.

I'm trying to get my grand company rank up and the squadron grind is really annoying. My recruits have all been archers and marauders, zero casters or other recruits beyond the 4 you start with. I used one of those manuals to get a guaranteed recruit and did some stupid levequests hoping to get an arcanist and got yet another archer. It is really dumb that they lock buying the class change books and ranks behind grinding it up to 50 to do the flagged Crystal Recovery mission.

Sadly no, floating combat text is one uncommon but notable exception to UI stuff you can relocate. They continually make changes though (ex. In EW they will let you separate the HP and MP gauges) so it's possible that's in the hopper at some point.

Regarding squadron NPCs, one slightly opaque part of the system is the NPCs that want to join you are actually stratified by which challenge logs you complete. Some are pretty flexible, some only care about you doing PvP, etc. I don't know if there's any correlation between default roles and their recruitment triggers, but you can look at this list and maybe try to target some specific NPCs. Of note, the Gold Saucer logs can hit the entire 60 npc pool.

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Adventurer_Squadrons

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Begemot posted:

Yellow scrip is what you use for leveling gear, it's like poetics tomestones but for crafters. White scrip is only for max level. You probably have some yellow already, I'm pretty sure the Moogle quests give you a little. The specific scrip vendor doesn't matter, they all let you turn in the same things. To buy stuff, it's easier to just go to the main hub for the expansion and talk to the splendor vendor, who also sells poetics gear. The interface is a lot better.

Zhloe is a custom delivery recipient. The naming is intimidating, but these are a great way to level crafters, and have really cute stories attached. Basically, you talk to the person to find out what kind of thing they want, then go find the vendor for materials nearby (in that case they're over by the scrip vendors). You buy the materials for a small amount of gil and craft the turn-ins. There are more custom delivery people in each expansion, not always in major towns, keep an eye out!

You can only do 6 a week for each person, and only 12 a week total, but they give GREAT rewards. Especially since you don't have to break the bank on materials.

Thanks for all this! So if I understand right, since my crafters are 60, there's probably Stormblood custom deliveries I should be looking for? Or does Zhloe scale to your level?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Celebrity Ghost posted:

Thanks for all this! So if I understand right, since my crafters are 60, there's probably Stormblood custom deliveries I should be looking for? Or does Zhloe scale to your level?

Yeah, there's a few SB ones you can unlock, and then some 70-80 ones for ShB as well. You can safely ignore ones you've outleveled. It's sorta worth capping out reputation with the ones you've outleveled if you like sidequest stories though, and a couple of the ShB clients have fringe benefits for maxxing rep with them.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Tortolia posted:

Sadly no, floating combat text is one uncommon but notable exception to UI stuff you can relocate. They continually make changes though (ex. In EW they will let you separate the HP and MP gauges) so it's possible that's in the hopper at some point.

Regarding squadron NPCs, one slightly opaque part of the system is the NPCs that want to join you are actually stratified by which challenge logs you complete. Some are pretty flexible, some only care about you doing PvP, etc. I don't know if there's any correlation between default roles and their recruitment triggers, but you can look at this list and maybe try to target some specific NPCs. Of note, the Gold Saucer logs can hit the entire 60 npc pool.

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Adventurer_Squadrons

Thanks, appreciate the response.

Yeah I've kinda avoided PvP and the golden saucer for the most part. The latter is super confusing and I'm just not into PvP in these games anymore. I tried some of the activities that are supposed to have a chance at other recruits but I guess just bad RNG is screwing me here. I'm in this weird catch-22 where I need the Contemporary manuals to get other classes but can't because they are locked behind my GC rank. I can't raise my GC rank without a shitload of grinding to do the right flagged missions. I also need 5 command missions apparently at some point. The whole thing is ughhh, I just want to do some commands to level DPS alts but right now my mix of classes is horrible.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
If you haven't tried Frontline yet I'd suggest giving it a try. The xp reward for the daily roulette is a massive chunk (most of a level 50+, 30+ will get you a level or two) for only 10-15mins of your time. And the actual pvp is fairly casual-friendly without any additional pvp gear requirement.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Go to the Wolves' Den Pier first to arrange your hotbars for PvP because the powers are different and this lets you sort them outside of combat. Then, yeah, just queue up for Frontline Roulette. It's really simple, stay with a group (I usually focus target a healer in my party and go where they go, unless they seem lost too), if someone posts in Alliance chat to go somewhere go there. Collect Wolf Marks and XP.

Oh another neat trick with Frontline is that you get XP for the job you queue into it on, but once inside you can change jobs. So for example if you want XP on a melee job but want to PvP as a ranged job you can do that!

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
Is there a way to get time cards at a discount? If so, know any available rn?

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

Go to the Wolves' Den Pier first to arrange your hotbars for PvP because the powers are different and this lets you sort them outside of combat. Then, yeah, just queue up for Frontline Roulette. It's really simple, stay with a group (I usually focus target a healer in my party and go where they go, unless they seem lost too), if someone posts in Alliance chat to go somewhere go there. Collect Wolf Marks and XP.

Oh another neat trick with Frontline is that you get XP for the job you queue into it on, but once inside you can change jobs. So for example if you want XP on a melee job but want to PvP as a ranged job you can do that!

i had no idea about the job switching; vastly preferred WAR over RDM in pvp so it'd be great to try just hop on whatever i want to get XP then swap to WAR and brainlessly hit buttons until instance is done

for pvp, really just want to emphasize how much "lol just here for the phat xpz" is 100% the mindset to roll in with

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Chillgamesh posted:

Yeah, there's a few SB ones you can unlock, and then some 70-80 ones for ShB as well. You can safely ignore ones you've outleveled. It's sorta worth capping out reputation with the ones you've outleveled if you like sidequest stories though, and a couple of the ShB clients have fringe benefits for maxxing rep with them.

Also each week one or two of them is bonused, so if you have all the delivery folks maxed out you can just get extra scrips following the bonuses.

The Gunslinger posted:

Thanks, appreciate the response.

Yeah I've kinda avoided PvP and the golden saucer for the most part. The latter is super confusing and I'm just not into PvP in these games anymore. I tried some of the activities that are supposed to have a chance at other recruits but I guess just bad RNG is screwing me here. I'm in this weird catch-22 where I need the Contemporary manuals to get other classes but can't because they are locked behind my GC rank. I can't raise my GC rank without a shitload of grinding to do the right flagged missions. I also need 5 command missions apparently at some point. The whole thing is ughhh, I just want to do some commands to level DPS alts but right now my mix of classes is horrible.

This site is a calculator for squadrons - you can put in your current recruits, their stats, any chemistries or bonuses they have, and what mission stats you are going for. It will determine how/if it is feasible to get there via trainings or if you have no real recourse beyond just letting them level more running missions.

http://ffxivsquadron.com

Dr_Gee posted:

i had no idea about the job switching; vastly preferred WAR over RDM in pvp so it'd be great to try just hop on whatever i want to get XP then swap to WAR and brainlessly hit buttons until instance is done

for pvp, really just want to emphasize how much "lol just here for the phat xpz" is 100% the mindset to roll in with

They made the change when Shadowbringers launched. They rightly noted that there were plenty of Frontlines scenarios where folks would not swap to a job that would actually help their team win because they wanted exp on X job that they queued on. Now folks can PvP without having to make the choice between their daily exp bump or going for a win.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

acumen posted:

If you haven't tried Frontline yet I'd suggest giving it a try. The xp reward for the daily roulette is a massive chunk (most of a level 50+, 30+ will get you a level or two) for only 10-15mins of your time. And the actual pvp is fairly casual-friendly without any additional pvp gear requirement.

I’ll second this, frontline is dumb chaotic fun, never run into any tryhard attitude and the xp is great and wolf marks have some sweet glams.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Celebrity Ghost posted:

Press ctrl+u in game to bring up your timers menu. You can click on custom deliveries and it will pull up a window with all of your delivery targets. You click on their name to see what they're asking for, and then take it to them. For crafted items, you can vendor buy the items to make it. Just google the item name and there are websites that will tell you the vendor(s) to see.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

What the best way to score big at the Golden Saucer? Trying to get the Car from the 15 event.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fashion report plus

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3973448&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=75#post517720639

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

The man called M posted:

What the best way to score big at the Golden Saucer? Trying to get the Car from the 15 event.

Fashion report once it's available, otherwise keep doing GATEs and other things to slowly save up, particularly weekly challenges which give big bonuses.

Do a 'Y' pattern on mini Cactpot to find the possible lines for 123 and 789 for biggest payouts.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, the key with the Gold Saucer is just persistence. There aren't a whole lot of huge payouts (although Fashion Report at 80+ is pretty big), but just doing stuff in there daily/weekly will stack up.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, the key with the Gold Saucer is just persistence. There aren't a whole lot of huge payouts (although Fashion Report at 80+ is pretty big), but just doing stuff in there daily/weekly will stack up.

The challenge log mainly upends the standard casino metrics (winning big is exceedingly uncommon, most folks break even at best) by infusing large paydays via external sourcing independent of how lucky you get on your scratchers or if you're a good chocobo racer. Persistence is, as you mention, key to getting those MGP infusions.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
man I really need to start selling junk to try and make money, I've just been doing MSQ and occasionally buying some gear upgrades so I don't feel like I'm falling behind as a tank. was always poor in WoW, guess I'm destined to be poor here too :v:

anyway, finished the Stormblood MSQ so now it's just epilogue content and on to Shadowbringers. I think...Stormblood was not as riveting as Heavensward. HW comes out of the gate at full throttle and feels pretty narratively/thematically coherent across all the content. Stormblood felt more like it floundered early then hits a major stride. which, I don't want to say it's bad, just that it feels like they were more interested in one half of the story than the other.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Skypie posted:

anyway, finished the Stormblood MSQ so now it's just epilogue content and on to Shadowbringers. I think...Stormblood was not as riveting as Heavensward. HW comes out of the gate at full throttle and feels pretty narratively/thematically coherent across all the content. Stormblood felt more like it floundered early then hits a major stride. which, I don't want to say it's bad, just that it feels like they were more interested in one half of the story than the other.

Yeah, you've got the usual patches - 4.1 to 4.3 will wrap up Stormblood, 4.4 and 4.5 will introduce Shadowbringers.

It's a pretty common opinion about Stormblood. Feels like they tried to have the scope a little bigger than they can handle, and the Ala Mhigo side seems to suffer for it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Skypie posted:

man I really need to start selling junk to try and make money, I've just been doing MSQ and occasionally buying some gear upgrades so I don't feel like I'm falling behind as a tank. was always poor in WoW, guess I'm destined to be poor here too :v:

Stormblood is generally regarded as the weakest of the expansions. The split attention between Ala Mhigo and the Far East hurts it, and the writing is just... not as good, in places.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I'm still early-ish in 4.0 and getting the same vibe. They're clearly trying to make clear that this is a huge multi-front conflict beyond the scope of anything the WoL's faced before, and that's cool, but things do feel scattered and overreaching right now. We'll see how it goes.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If anything it ends (4.3) on a bang.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
also, as a Dark Knight, I really feel like the class is starting to open up. the last couple dungeons I've unlocked are the first ones where I've felt like I actually have the tools/competency to make huge pulls. The Blackest Night feels absurdly good so I just bank my 3000MP and laugh at shrugging off a huge chunk of damage. I've got my basic 1-2-3 combo, I've got some builder/spender abilities, I've got some cool oGCD stuff. Just a lot of fun.

I mained Death Knight in WoW for a long, long, long time and it's really honestly wild to me just how good it feels to have a gap closer and movement speed buff thanks to universal sprint. I was always one of the slowest people in a dungeon/raid as a Blood Death Knight, and not being the slow idiot moron in the back of the pack despite being the tank is a huge breath of fresh air.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

I don't know about exp for custom deliveries, but their scrip rewards basically make them 12/week super collectables so you should not ignore them because you outleveled them, that just makes the scrip farming faster.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I don't have the ShadowBringer's custom deliveries unlocked yet, but I can confirm the rewards for the earlier ones are all the same. Same EXP, gil, scrips, etc. Once you have them all maxed you just want to pick whoever is offering a bonus and deliver to them.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The Stormblood patches are generally well regarded whereas folks definitely are more mixed on the base MSQ.

That said, SB is the expansion where they really start nailing raid and encounter design and the dungeons are cool too. It's absolutely worth the time to see all the side stuff.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Yeah, I was pretty sure it's nothing like leves or crafter beast tribes where the returns immediately tank after level X1, just not 100% sure since I hit cap pretty quickly each expansion so I can't remember exactly.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Holy poo poo the custom delivery partners all give the same amount of scrip at level 80, even white scrip. I had no idea

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Chillgamesh posted:

Holy poo poo the custom delivery partners all give the same amount of scrip at level 80, even white scrip. I had no idea

Yeah, they do a good job at not making any of them actually worse than the others once they're ranked up, it's purely a function of the level and plot progression needed to start their stories. This way you aren't unduly penalized if you want the achievements for X turnins or whatnot.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's so you can get the custom delivery achievements at level 80 without feeling like you're missing out because you're still doing Zhloe or whatever.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

They used to be different, but they normalised them all somewhere around late SB/early ShB so they're all the same now which is nice.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I think I'm doing pretty good in regards to MGP so far. I wish I had got that 80 for the Lunar Culinary Fashion Report for the 50,000, but at the moment, I've got 81,000. Some of that is from doing the weekly challenges, though I've also been doing the GATEs, since they give you a few thousand MGP depending on your performance, and there's one every 20 minutes. Leap of Faith can be kind of nerve-wracking, but I've not had a death (where you fall into the abyss), and while I've only had one run where I've collected all the Cactaur Statues, collecting a few of them still nets you some bonuses. The floating platform one (Falling City of Nym) is honestly pretty easy, whereas the one with the catwalks and stone (Fall of Belah'dia) is a little more frustrating (fewer chances to fall into an abyss, but you have smaller platforms and what seem to be shorter jumps to deal with, so if you miss, you have to make your way back up, which can cost you time.

The two on the event stage (Slice is Right & Anyway the Wind Blows) seems to be somewhat luck based, or least the Wind one is. I tried doing Slice is Right tonight, and while I dodged the first sword swipes, the bamboo knocked me off. From watching the rest, it seems like you've got to move to the very edge in a few instances to survive, and I think only one or two players ended up surviving the whole game.

Air Force One is really easy. You just have to make sure not to hit the red targets, but you can aim your shots pretty well, so you just have to time your shots. It's a pretty easy 4,000 MGP with that one.

Inbetween GATEs, I played the minigames. I tried doing Monster Toss, but I can't get the timing down on it that well for the best score. I was mainly doing the Cuff-a-Cur one, because you average 9-24 MGP in most attempts (subtracting the 1MGP you pay to play), and you can attempt it again pretty quickly. However, I soon moved over to doing Moogle's Paw, because the red ball gives you 24MGP on each successful pickup, and I felt like I could get it pretty reliably. I tried one of the Mining mini-games, but I could not figure out what the hell you were supposed to do.

-

I still have one weekly challenge I can get MGP for: participating in a Mahjong game. I'm a bit hesitant to do that because it seems like those go on for a long time. I did the one for participating in a Triple Triad Open, and while I went in expecting to lose early on, I actually ended up winning the open!

It's probably not that impressive, but I was surprised.

-

As far as the MSQ goes, I'm still making progress, but I've only made it a little ways into the Lvl. 31-40 quests (currently on There and Back Again, which is Level 31. That said, I think if I put some time into the game daily, and focus on the MSQ, I should be able to get through it in time to get the car.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You'll need to devote a goodly amount of time to a mahjong game yes. Fortunately FFXIV features one of the best mahjong simulators in the business so it doesn't waste your time with gimmick rules or powerups or other such nonsense.