Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Scaevolus posted:

We had our second child in August 2020, which COVID made crappy in predictable ways, but at least it wasn't affecting pregnant women that much.

Delta is terrifying.

jfc. Delta is terrifying but not as terrifying as loving chuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Sketchy twitter account. The Telegraph article is here but The Telegraph is so conservative that I can’t fully believe they’re not using this as a way to distract from what a mess Boris Johnson has made of the pandemic by blaming it being an engineered virus. As if that matters now that we’re in this stage of the pandemic and need to get rid of the drat thing.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/09/21/wuhan-scientists-planned-releaseskin-penetrating-nanoparticles/

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
https://www.wkbw.com/rebound/state-...-covid-outbreak

quote:

According to the Erie County Department of Health, the amount of COVID cases in schools is rising. The Health Department said COVID cases in people under the age of 18 are up 42% over the last month. Cases among 5 to 10-year-olds have increased 76% in the past week.

Darnysha Jackson said her daughter was exposed to COVID, but the district didn't tell her.

"They sent a lot of children home. The whole 7th grade football team. She's the only girl on the football team. They sent certain kids home that they believe was in contact with the students. My daughter wasn't sent home, but the next day when I took her to get her shot, that's when she felt ill and started losing her taste buds. I got her tested and it came back positive," Jackson said.

ya so I feel like all of the pediatricians who endorsed this as safe in places requiring masks forgot that the schools are run by complete idiots

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
jesus christ, the rehab I work at just had ANOTHER COVID outbreak. It's residential so there are a series of houses. Mine is 1 of 2. The tests are starting to come back and I just know everyone's gonna be positive.

We had an outbreak before a few months ago and the house I work at was designated as the quarantine house. I was negative when I went there, got COVID there, breezed through it (no symptoms). I'm vaccinated now. But I'm willing to bet that, as the results come in, my whole house is gonna EXPLODE with it. AGAIN. AUUUGHHH

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Scaevolus posted:

We had our second child in August 2020, which COVID made crappy in predictable ways, but at least it wasn't affecting pregnant women that much.

Delta is terrifying.

gently caress chuds. gently caress COVID-19 deniers. gently caress anti-vaxxers. gently caress gently caress gently caress :rant:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Stickman posted:

They didn't take their kid, but why the gently caress would you eat out at a restaurant if you have a new infant with CF at home :psyduck:

There's been a huge push to reframe covid as "a pandemic of the unvaccinated" and to downplay breakthrough cases. They were also pushing the "Only 0.00005% of vaccinated people have had a breakthrough case (so that must mean you're 99.99995% protected!!!)" message real hard at one point and a whole lot of people bought into it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7TarriXFME

Failed Imagineer posted:

In previous generations, chuds would literally bring their families to lynchings and have picnics

Zugzwang posted:

And gleefully pose for photos with the murdered person hanging next to them.

Local business would get postcards printed up to sell as souvenirs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching_postcard

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Looks like Laura Loomer is going to make it.
Which she will now use to push the idea of proof of Regeron and sheep dip.

Maybe she'll at least have some lingering after effects.
Like it messing with her smell receptors making her vagina smell like rotting meat.

If it didnt before.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
sheep drench

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Guess I better stock up on sheep drench before all these morons start ripping it off the shelves, too.

Applebees needs to make an ivermectin + moxidectin sauce for their microwaved steaks. Gettin' dewormed good, in the neighborhood.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
There any data on outdoor transmission with delta?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

It’s over dudes

https://twitter.com/AmeshAA/status/1440654343112249346?s=20

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Thank god its endemic now and everything can go back to normal. What I don't understand is why didn't they just make it go endemic earlier so we didn't have to go through all of this? I guess its a lesson for next time.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Salt Fish posted:

Thank god its endemic now and everything can go back to normal. What I don't understand is why didn't they just make it go endemic earlier so we didn't have to go through all of this? I guess its a lesson for next time.

Because we needed vaccines to exist (and be at least somewhat widespread) for this to not kill literally 1-2% of the human population on Earth.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

quote:

everyone will eventually be infected and because of immunity through prior infection and vaccines, most will be very mild

:thunk:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

That's when they swap the rhetoric to "well it's only 75+ old people dying" to which I say well gently caress me and my family for losing my grandma to COVID, yeah?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I haven't watched Family Guy in about 15 years, is it just all lib cringe like this nowadays?

https://twitter.com/DannyDeraney/status/1440434330514255879?s=19

Well-intentioned and all but yikes, who is that aimed at...

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Scaevolus posted:

Delta is terrifying.

This is so sad. It really should be a crime to knowingly expose vulnerable people to Covid.

I had a baby in October and someone was in my local mom group on Facebook encouraging people to get vaccinated due to worse outcomes for pregnant people. Of course, one of the comments was about how “this isn’t the place” for that kind of thing and it’s “too distressing” for people to talk about vaccination one way or the other.

I responded that I felt it was distressing hear about all the pregnant people on ECMO who will never get to meet their preemie babies.

Then the comments got locked. 🙃

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's obviously endemic and will be around for a very long time, the guy's not wrong.

It being endemic doesn't mean you can't do anything to mitigate the early damage but Republican lawmakers are happy to let as many people die as possible in their states.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

pacerhimself posted:

It's obviously endemic and will be around for a very long time, the guy's not wrong.

It being endemic doesn't mean you can't do anything to mitigate the early damage but Republican lawmakers are happy to let as many people die as possible in their states.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress off idiot

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Endemic is a scientific word that means a tsunami of death and destruction depopulates your country to the point that you can't buy basic consumer goods at the store.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

pacerhimself posted:

gently caress off idiot

I was agreeing with you, dumbass

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, it reads like accusations of doomerism

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

if it's not doomerism then i don't wanna hear it. LMAO having hope for the future. gently caress outta here.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Could always mutate to become more deadly too. Give it another percent death rate and we'll get to see the discourse on if we should live with it.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Failed Imagineer posted:

I haven't watched Family Guy in about 15 years, is it just all lib cringe like this nowadays?

https://twitter.com/DannyDeraney/status/1440434330514255879?s=19

Well-intentioned and all but yikes, who is that aimed at...

It's not aimed at you, it's aimed at people who like Family Guy but are kinda meh on getting the vaccine for whatever reason. I don't watch Family Guy (anymore) but if it works in getting some people vaccinated I say more power to them

There's weirdos who will only listen to cartoon characters instead of scientists for whatever reason. Go with what works imo

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Elea posted:

Could always mutate to become more deadly too. Give it another percent death rate and we'll get to see the discourse on if we should live with it.

There's so much pandemic fatigue now that this thing could mutate to be 50% more deadly and there'd be a lot of people just throwing their hands up going welp guess we're all gonna die nothing to be done

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Ginette Reno posted:

There's so much pandemic fatigue now that this thing could mutate to be 50% more deadly and there'd be a lot of people just throwing their hands up going welp guess we're all gonna die nothing to be done

As long as it gets more chuds. Might as well go with the same mindset as 'sticking it to the libs' as hard as possible.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It's not aimed at you, it's aimed at people who like Family Guy but are kinda meh on getting the vaccine for whatever reason. I don't watch Family Guy (anymore) but if it works in getting some people vaccinated I say more power to them

There's weirdos who will only listen to cartoon characters instead of scientists for whatever reason. Go with what works imo

I'm waiting on Rick to give me a sign to take the vaccine.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012

Buckwheat Sings posted:

As long as it gets more chuds. Might as well go with the same mindset as 'sticking it to the libs' as hard as possible.

I live in a place where some people unironically have flags with trump asking if we miss him yet. I was able to get vaccinated very early but got the delta cold from hell last month. I often thought of going to Walmart dressed as "Mucon, Destroyer of Chuds" during that week but drat morals got in the way.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

We can't let the cure be worse than the disease!

*dies

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Tagichatn posted:

I'm waiting on Rick to give me a sign to take the vaccine.

"Take the vaccine *burp* take the vax Morty you piece of poo poo"

"Aw geez Rick I dunno I've read about the side effects"

"How's this for a side effect you little poo poo. Dying. You wanna die Morty? I don't give a *burp* poo poo if you die. I can get another Morty. Your family won't notice. But you'll be dead like that Rick and Morty in the backyard. You wanna join them Morty? You wanna die?"

"Fine I'll get the vaccine!"

"drat right you will Morty."

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

buffbus posted:

I live in a place where some people unironically have flags with trump asking if we miss him yet. I was able to get vaccinated very early but got the delta cold from hell last month. I often thought of going to Walmart dressed as "Mucon, Destroyer of Chuds" during that week but drat morals got in the way.

Letting chuds kill themselves is morally right, but going to Walmart you also put a lot of non-chuds at risk so I can see the reasoning behind your choice

Should've gone to a Chik Fil'A

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Seth Pecksniff posted:

"Take the vaccine *burp* take the vax Morty you piece of poo poo"

"Aw geez Rick I dunno I've read about the side effects"

"How's this for a side effect you little poo poo. Dying. You wanna die Morty? I don't give a *burp* poo poo if you die. I can get another Morty. Your family won't notice. But you'll be dead like that Rick and Morty in the backyard. You wanna join them Morty? You wanna die?"

"Fine I'll get the vaccine!"

"drat right you will Morty."

:thumbsup:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

On the next episode, Walker, Texas Ranger encounters the vaccine. Will he take it? Tune in to find out

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

COVID is absolutely not “endemic” yet. That term has an epidemiological meaning that isn’t “everywhere and not going away (unless we do things that the folks in charge don’t want to do)”. It means that a disease has reached a point where it has infected a large enough proportion of the population and explored enough of its initial mutation space that outbreaks patterns are regular and mostly predictable in endemic regions. We’re not there.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Stickman posted:

COVID is absolutely not “endemic” yet. That term has an epidemiological meaning that isn’t “everywhere and not going away (unless we do things that the folks in charge don’t want to do)”. It means that a disease has reached a point where it has infected a large enough proportion of the population and explored enough of its initial mutation space that outbreaks patterns are regular and mostly predictable in endemic regions. We’re not there.

Yeah but a doctor with an MD said so on Twitter, so :shrug:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
*as the house I am in is completely engulfed in flames*

please stop yelling about fire, that's doomerism. the fire will go out on its own. we don't need to do anything.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Stickman posted:

It's not endemic in that sense, but there's been large numbers of wild animals in the US catching covid so it's endemic in the sense that there are now zoonotic reservoirs that would keep introducing the virus back into the human population even if we somehow got global human infections down to zero.

It's highly unlikely that covid deer would infect all that many humans but you only ever need a single case to set off a new outbreak

EDIT: I guess it remains to be seen whether the virus is actually endemic in the deer population, I suppose it might burn itself out.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Nessa posted:

This is so sad. It really should be a crime to knowingly expose vulnerable people to Covid.

Sadly it's only illegal for HIV for some reason.