Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Levin posted:

Yeah, you're right, thanks for the sanity check, 0-2 and feeling the itch to tinker. I guess I was hoping to take a flier on a TE to provide security in case something happens to Thomas and for the off chance they somehow outperform him which I know is extremely unlikely. Is your thinking that at least my RB5-7 are solid backups with potential if the team's RB1 goes down? Feel pretty good about my first four and they all have different byes so maybe picking up another WR would be the better play.

I think your team is fine and you have good depth as it is. I’m 0-2 as well but not making moves this week cause it’s too early to panic and there aren’t many slam dunk waiver adds this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

One of my rosters is overflowing with WRs, but my only good back is Henry.

Was offered Najee Harris for DK Metcalf. I'm not loving it, but there's probably upside on Harris. Thoughts?

I would take that since Metcalf is being a penalty machine and general knucklehead and Lockett looks like the clear WR1 for now

Steelers have Harris and then random dudes at RB. Hell produce every week

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Fate Accomplice posted:

A depressingly large number of goons do this. Same with TEs.

I cant quote you all but... am I way off base? I can't tell if people are picking on me or what.

Drafting a rookie qb in redraft who is clearly behind an entrenched starter... what? Why?

On the off chance you get Mahomes or Herbert?

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I'm 2-0 and my first three picks were saquon, Najee, CEH. I'm 7th in points scored this is all going to come crashing down horribly

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Spermy Smurf posted:

I cant quote you all but... am I way off base? I can't tell if people are picking on me or what.

Drafting a rookie qb in redraft who is clearly behind an entrenched starter... what? Why?

Yeah. Why not pick up Lance or Fields in the last round especially if you’ve got an iffy QB already. If they pan out then youve either got a starter or a valuable trade asset

And Dalton and Garappolo aren’t necessarily entrenched starters

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm #3 in points and I went up against the #1 point scorer in both week one and two 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Cat Hassler posted:

And Dalton and Garappolo aren’t necessarily entrenched starters

Jimmy is 24-8 as a starter. He led them to a superbowl.

Maybe Lance would be the next Mahomes but that was never realistic was it?

Better dart throw would be a rookie like the Moores imo

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Spermy Smurf posted:

There is also a limit in value a 6th WR or whatever can provide. Players like Fields or Lance who have a reasonable chance at starting this year have value as a late speculative pick in the chance they become the starter AND good. What has a better chance at winning you your league? Fields or Jakobi Meyers? Plus if your QB gets injured it is nice not to be screwed.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Jimmy is 24-8 as a starter. He led them to a superbowl.

Maybe Lance would be the next Mahomes but that was never realistic was it?

Better dart throw would be a rookie like the Moores imo

Jimmy stood there while the defense and running game took them to the superbowl. He never had to do anything at any point to get them there, and whenever he did need to do something they ended up losing. Just last week he missed a ton of open receivers, and they are probably hoping they get some minor injury excuse to gently replace him without making it a "decision" like Fields is for Dalton.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 22, 2021

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

loling a little at both of you, but the real answer is I think any fixed draft rule, including "never draft a 2nd QB or TE," is kind of silly, and also it isn't like Lance (or Fields) is a backup like Mariota or Colt McCoy or something, they have real tangible upside and Jimmy G (and Dalton) aren't really entrenched starters, and also who cares when it's one of your last picks instead of a WR7 or whatever

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Dude went 13 and 3 that year. What the crap did they ask of him that he failed? They lost 3 games. Three.

He didn't sneak into wildcard at 7-9 or some poo poo. 27 touchdowns, and yes 13 ints. The guy was never in doubt as the week 1 starter. Maybe he gets replaced week 8 or 10 but it's not worth a draft pick in redraft.

If you cut Lance no one will pick him up. Other players will be picked up. Does that mean it was a good choice to draft Lance if that happens, or was it a bad choice?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

Dude went 13 and 3 that year. What the crap did they ask of him that he failed? They lost 3 games. Three.

He didn't sneak into wildcard at 7-9 or some poo poo. 27 touchdowns, and yes 13 ints. The guy was never in doubt as the week 1 starter. Maybe he gets replaced week 8 or 10 but it's not worth a draft pick in redraft.

If you cut Lance no one will pick him up. Other players will be picked up. Does that mean it was a good choice to draft Lance if that happens, or was it a bad choice?

Historically, QBs drafted early in the 1st are starters at some point their first year, no matter how much teams say the plan is for them to sit. Jimmy just isn't an entrenched starter, teams don't draft a QB 3rd overall when they love their starter. That's a little separate from whether Lance is a good pick, but obviously related.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

As one of the last picks I think it's perfectly fine. More often than not, you're likely dropping whoever you pick there for a hot waiver wire player anyway. Aside from the high percentage of first round QBs that get to start in their first year, the 49ers also traded up to that spot -- allegedly to get Mac Jones -- but ultimately went with Lance. There's also been the recurring theme around Jimmy G being merely a game manager and an entire industry of prognosticators that all believe that he's going to be usurped by Lance this year. And really, in this kind of year where it's much more likely that a player might have to miss time due to being on COVID IR, it's not a bad idea to have that kind of insurance policy on your roster.

All that said, on Sunday morning I put in a waiver claim to drop Michael Pittman and pick up Christian Kirk instead of Rondale Moore so what the hell do I know.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Spermy Smurf posted:

if Garropolo was so great the 49ers wouldn't have traded up to draft a QB. I don't think it's necessarily good to draft a second QB but it's an ok dart throw in late rounds. I think one of the fantasy footballers (who aren't gospel or anything but fantasy is literally their full-time job) drafted Lance in like the 7th round in a mock draft so it's not unheard of.

It was definitely possible that Garropolo flames out early and Lance replaces him as early as week 1 or 2. Obviously that didn't happen but it could have, and Shannahan was tight-lipped as to who the starter would be in the offseason.

Butter Hole fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 22, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Saw this article recently detailing how mediocre Garoppolo is (luckily I did not need the article because I get to watch him play).

https://www.knbr.com/2021/09/20/weve-seen-this-jimmy-garoppolo-movie-before/

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

No idea if this would even be accepted, but would you guys trade your Ekeler for Kelce? Tonyan is my TE and Miles Sanders, Ty'Son Williams, James Connor, and Latavius Murray are my other RBs.

I'd be down RBs but I feel like Kelce is a consistent 15 point floor. And I don't trust LA's offense.

The guy who admitted he's weak at RB also has Gronk too. Might be able to get him cheaper?

e: oh should have mentioned it's 0.5 PPR

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I love Ekeler but I would trade him for Kelce 1000 times out of 1000.

Gearman posted:

As one of the last picks I think it's perfectly fine. More often than not, you're likely dropping whoever you pick there for a hot waiver wire player anyway. Aside from the high percentage of first round QBs that get to start in their first year, the 49ers also traded up to that spot -- allegedly to get Mac Jones -- but ultimately went with Lance. There's also been the recurring theme around Jimmy G being merely a game manager and an entire industry of prognosticators that all believe that he's going to be usurped by Lance this year. And really, in this kind of year where it's much more likely that a player might have to miss time due to being on COVID IR, it's not a bad idea to have that kind of insurance policy on your roster.

- over the last decade if a first round QB doesn't start immediately he starts in the team's seventh game, on average.

- Kyle Shanahan does not give a poo poo about anything but victory. The next two weeks are telling. If the Niners come out of GB and SEA at 3-1,, expect a lot more Jimmy.

- Trey Lance has a lot of poo poo to clean up. a lot. He was making a lot of mental mistakes in the preseason.

- the "industry of prognosticators" is mostly guessing and going by The Rule of Cool

- the Mac Jones thing was a massive pile of poo poo.

- Jimmy Garoppolo is fully vaccinated and having a guy on your roster for that reason is a little weird.

Sooooo unless Garopplo gets hurt in the next couple of weeks or the Niners poo poo the bed, we aren't seeing Lance for a while.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 22, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

No idea if this would even be accepted, but would you guys trade your Ekeler for Kelce?

In a heartbeat, but no one is accepting that.

Chairman Moo
Apr 10, 2006
Hey y'all. Long time lurker looking for advice on a trade. I'm trying to get Kelce off the guy who jumped on Mahomes and Kelce too early in the draft and is weak at WR and RB. 10 team ppr

Him:
WR A.Rob, Cooper, Cooks
RB Taylor, Edmonds, J. Williams
TE Kelce

Me:
WR Hill, Mclauren, J. Jones, M. Williams, M. Thomas on IR
RB A.Jones, Jacobs, Henderson, Ty'son, Gordon,
TE Andrews

Is Mclauren and Andrews for Kelce a fair trade? I think he'd pounce with a decent RB involved, but I'm not sure he'll go for what I have to offer with the injuries to Jacobs and Henderson. Also, I think I can afford to take a loss on a trade at WR to improve at TE.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Edit: NM

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 22, 2021

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Chairman Moo posted:

Hey y'all. Long time lurker looking for advice on a trade. I'm trying to get Kelce off the guy who jumped on Mahomes and Kelce too early in the draft and is weak at WR and RB. 10 team ppr

Him:
WR A.Rob, Cooper, Cooks
TE Kelce

Me:
TE Andrews

Is Mclauren and Andrews for Kelce a fair trade? I think he'd pounce with a decent RB involved, but I'm not sure he'll go for what I have to offer with the injuries to Jacobs and Henderson. Also, I think I can afford to take a loss on a trade at WR to improve at TE.

There really wasn't a too early to take Kelce once you got past the top few elite RBs. Doesn't even look like he took Mahomes all that super early if he has JT. His team actually doesn't look that weak even for 10 man.

That offer is a pretty big lowball. Andrews is barely involved in his offense and Terry isn't much better than any of the WRs he currently has rostered.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Chairman Moo posted:

Him:
WR A.Rob, Cooper, Cooks
TE Kelce

Me:
TE Andrews

I'd trade Kelce for Aaron Jones and Andrews. I don't think I'd even be interested in Tyreek and Andrews for Kelce with that roster (if I were the type of person to draft Kelce in the first).

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Actually I'd probably need another piece on top of that like T. Williams or something.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Some dude in my league (10 man, Half PPR) wants to trade his James Robinson for my CDH.

I'm thinking about it. Thoughts?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Forceholy posted:

Some dude in my league (10 man, Half PPR) wants to trade his James Robinson for my CDH.

Nope

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

One of my rosters is overflowing with WRs, but my only good back is Henry.

Was offered Najee Harris for DK Metcalf. I'm not loving it, but there's probably upside on Harris. Thoughts?

I hope you did this. DK is going to be really good, make no mistake, but Najee is getting 95% of snaps for his offense and that's insanely valuable even if the offense isn't good.

Forceholy posted:

CEH I assume? Yeah don't do it. Even if CEH disappoints he's less disappointing than James Robinson.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
All the rankings still have AJ Brown pretty high up. I wanted to bench him in favor of J. Jones but I'm mildly a rankings slave. I definitely don't want to start both of them as I have been in the previous two weeks. With Brown getting all those targets I think he's the better start over Jones but if he's gonna go butterfingers again I just don't know what the hell

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Assuming Henderson is healthy would you all start him or Chase Edmonds? Leaning Edmonds due to matchup.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Perry Mason Jar posted:

All the rankings still have AJ Brown pretty high up. I wanted to bench him in favor of J. Jones but I'm mildly a rankings slave. I definitely don't want to start both of them as I have been in the previous two weeks. With Brown getting all those targets I think he's the better start over Jones but if he's gonna go butterfingers again I just don't know what the hell

Trade one?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

Assuming Henderson is healthy would you all start him or Chase Edmonds? Leaning Edmonds due to matchup.

I would since you have a serviceable replacement, since "Healthy" might not mean a similar workload as the first 2 weeks and it is an unfavorable matchup. I am benching him for the first time this year as well for DJ Moore.

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
Dak and Tannehill have underwhelmed me, someone talk me out of picking up Daniel Jones this week.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zohn posted:

Dak and Tannehill have underwhelmed me, someone talk me out of picking up Daniel Jones this week.

lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Zohn posted:

Carr or Bridgewater aren't even available???????? Just go with Dak my dude.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Zohn posted:

Why are you panicking when you have Dak??

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, okay, fair enough, that is very stupid. I need to control the part of me that always wants to scrap everything after my first loss.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

This league is allergic to trading. I swear there have been 0 trades over the last, what?, four or five years with the same players in the same league.

I sent a message to the GC announcing AJ Brown as being on the trading block to a roaring response of absolute crickets.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I sent a message to the GC announcing AJ Brown as being on the trading block to a roaring response of absolute crickets.

That sounds about right.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/1440696351088517135

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1440705079791681564

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
0ppr, standard rosters

send: AJB, Rondale Moore, Tonyan
receive: Waller, Marquise Brown, Christian Kirk

my other WRs: Sutton, Ja'Marr Chase, Meyers, Mooney (Bateman + Samuel in IR)

Seems like a pretty fair offer and it's really hard to turn down an elite TE and I think I'd smash in any kind of ppr. First time playing standard in a very long time though so not sure if the Tonyan to Waller upgrade there is worth what I have to give up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Matt Zerella posted:

That sounds about right.

:shrug: I'm not very good at Fantasy Football. I just like to have fun with my friends