Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Schnorkles posted:

the fact that we do not have a unified pandemic response, but rather several thousand depending on the locality and the available political resources to that locality means that it is probably impossible to actually get COVID "under control"

Yeah, we never had a chance without strict interstate travel restrictions. We hosed up in a lot of ways, but that was really the key that wrecked any hope of ever controlling COVID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

He's right, breakfast is mostly unnecessary.

that's true, still need my coffee tho (apparently if you use any half and half you aren't still technically fasting!!!!!1)

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!
Alot of those dogs are going to get covid

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
dogs are actually good imo. you can play fetch with them and other such games... they greatly enjoy walking and exploring at the park... ultimately, dogs can be awesome and good companions...

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Casey Finnigan posted:

dogs are actually good imo. you can play fetch with them and other such games... they greatly enjoy walking and exploring at the park... ultimately, dogs can be awesome and good companions...

you can teach kids to do that stuff too

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

tenderjerk posted:

Alot of those dogs are going to get covid

:doggo:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7010565499067157765

Hey guys I got some bad news

Russian psy ops campaigns are trying to convince you that the Biden administration is bungling the pandemic

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fosborb posted:

oh saving the gently caress out of this lmao

“just draw a line to 0”

lmao good enough

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Rah! posted:

lmao wow such strong words

imagine a balkanization situation, with people like Inslee in charge

the chud raiders show up and start murdering and pillaging, and he's like "wow this isn't very nice, sirs and madam's"

lol wait we dont need a balkanization situation, that poo poo is already happening :911:

*coughs on everyone at arbys, rolls coal through a protester*

If I were in charge I'd order the military to shoot down any life flights coming in from Idaho. gently caress 'em, we need to protect our own.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Steve Yun posted:

Russian psy ops campaigns are trying to convince you that the Biden administration is bungling the pandemic

I almost feel bad for the Russians and other adversaries of the US because, like, I'm sure they probably did have disinformation campaigns and psyops ready to try and sabotage Biden's response and sow confusion. Then it turns out Biden's administration is even less able to handle COVID than Trump's and there's no need for any of that because no foreign disinformation campaign can compete with the CDC.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Schnorkles posted:

the fact that we do not have a unified pandemic response, but rather several thousand depending on the locality and the available political resources to that locality means that it is probably impossible to actually get COVID "under control"

i think the only thing they did at the federal level was create the vaccine card and they really hosed that up

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

ArmZ posted:

"wait, you mean 'gently caress your feelings' also means 'gently caress my feelings???'"

lol

Apr 7, 2003

Lacrosse posted:

If I were in charge I'd order the military to shoot down any life flights coming in from Idaho. gently caress 'em, we need to protect our own.

There's a thing going around on reddit now about how students in Texas shouldn't be allowed to vote because they aren't "citizens" of Texas

reddit's a big psyop so expect state citizenship poo poo to start making the general rounds before too long.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Joementum posted:

i think the only thing they did at the federal level was create the vaccine card and they really hosed that up

They also told us to stop wearing masks.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

It's goddamn hilarious how quickly we've managed to drum up a new red scare among Very Serious liberals.

Literally just making outright conspiracy theories a normal topic of conversation over brunch.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There's a thing going around on reddit now about how students in Texas shouldn't be allowed to vote because they aren't "citizens" of Texas

reddit's a big psyop so expect state citizenship poo poo to start making the general rounds before too long.

that’s been going on forever

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Can we be blamed for Reddit's exitance the way we can be for 4Chan?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Biden can be bad and Russia could be spreading propaganda about him being bad at the same time

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1440395842754469892

https://twitter.com/lesliepostal/status/1440680866129203202

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Paradoxish posted:

It's goddamn hilarious how quickly we've managed to drum up a new red scare among Very Serious liberals.

Literally just making outright conspiracy theories a normal topic of conversation over brunch.

bob mueller is going to throw the book at ol' donny trump any day now

any day now

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

You don't need foreign influence or spies to call out the Sleepy Joe admin as being a different type of incompetence than what Trump did.

Sleepy literally had things like returning to school and on-site work part of the campaign platform.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

4 days! It was already hilariously inadequate!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

euphronius posted:

we have to deal with nazis and until we do this will be the way of it

but sir

america needs to build rockets and murder minorities

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

euphronius posted:

Biden can be bad and Russia could be spreading propaganda about him being bad at the same time

I'm sure Russia and plenty of other state actors are behind tons of different propaganda campaigns, but that doesn't make it normal to see Russian spies everywhere you look.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

if america wanted to deal with nazis it would build a time machine and nuke those founding father nerds as they were writing the consitituion

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

or nuke england way before that i guess

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Steve Yun posted:

I hate that Russia has become the rallying cry for the NIMBY brunchlibs who still don't get that the call is coming from inside the house. Open biden is bungling it and the disinformation pushers are domestic. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol gently caress

open biden

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Der Meister posted:

thirteen….

what the gently caress

i shared this in d&d but this is the breakdown. all are “mild” (not requiring hospitalization) except for one, but all symptomatic. all vaxxed to the maxx with mrna.

my brother and my sister in law - 2

my aunt, uncle, cousin, cousin’s husband. uncle ended up hospitalized with covid pneumonia. - 6

(april) wife’s cousin #1 gave it to cousin #2 who gave it to her husband - 9

another uncle and his partner got it recently - 11

(august) wife’s cousin #3 got it from his wife - 13

wife had covid last year, got vaxxed—still caught it lol.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Biden is a Russian plant you say?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i'm very scared that russia is going to make a version of the swole gay bernie meme but with biden

Apr 7, 2003

Gio posted:

wife had covid last year, got vaxxed—still caught it lol.

remember that chud who talked about how his wife had covid last year so she was naturally immune, and then she died from a new case? good poo poo

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

PostNouveau posted:

4 days! It was already hilariously inadequate!

The opposite of harm reduction. Rather than doing everything possible to minimize chances of death, no matter how little, it's the opposite. Like at this point I honestly can't even find a motive for DeSantis' behavior behind legit bloodlust. I still say that Biden's administration and the CDC's behavior all make sense and are perfectly coherent and logical if you assume that their goal is to gaslight the pubic into thinking vaccines alone can and will save them, but I legit can't imagine any motivation for DeSantis that jives with his behavior besides 'I want to kill people.'

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

meanwhile none of them gives a gently caress about Haitian refugees deported

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
A competent federal government would have intervened in Florida long ago but nope.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I just remembered when there was another Schnorkles account that was schnorkies

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Thoguh posted:

A competent federal government would have intervened in Florida long ago but nope.

just curious what can they actually do that wouldn't be struck down by the SC

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Glad to know that as a US citizen my governor can just decide to openly try and murder me with not so much as a strongly worded letter in response.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

The opposite of harm reduction. Rather than doing everything possible to minimize chances of death, no matter how little, it's the opposite. Like at this point I honestly can't even find a motive for DeSantis' behavior behind legit bloodlust. I still say that Biden's administration and the CDC's behavior all make sense and are perfectly coherent and logical if you assume that their goal is to gaslight the pubic into thinking vaccines alone can and will save them, but I legit can't imagine any motivation for DeSantis that jives with his behavior besides 'I want to kill people.'

it's just contrarianism. the big bad people want us to quarantine? want us to get vaccinated? nope. if the big bad people want us to do that, then of course we won't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

actionjackson posted:

just curious what can they actually do that wouldn't be struck down by the SC

congress can write "the supreme court can't rule on this" on any law they like