Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I installed Hades but I always struggle to get motivated to start roguelikes due to the timesink they generally are. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It’s max 35 min each run to finish, which is one reason I love it.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

i’ve put like 50 hours into hades. thank you game pass

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

“just one more run”

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

exquisite tea posted:

It's easy if you try.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Finally getting to Psychonauts 2 and it’s a delight. Lovely to see a surreal and colourful world like this rendered with strong fidelity. Story and characters are cute and the world design is propelling me forward.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Guillermus posted:

Indeed, it's great on PC with mouse and keyboard.

Mods?!?

Realtalk I find it nigh-unplayable with M&K

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Any time I do a run in Hades, I feel guilty I'm not playing Astral Chain or Sekiro(Aragami 2 had me feeling similar). They're less complex mechanically and potentially easier to pick up, but as someone who takes joy in learning mechanics, It starts to feel really hollow and then I don't even want to start the game anymore.

Now that I've put a couple hours into Hades, I'm thinking of uninstalling it lol Just started up dicey dungeons, which is cute, but I'll probably just pick up it when I'm on vacation, because it's not too involved and people can look on and I don't have to explain anything.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Fortunately now that there's a roguelike mode for Streets of 4: Mr. X Nightmare, available now on all major platforms, there's no reason to learn anything else!

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Xbox is now testing allowing Xbox One and Series users to revert back to their Xbox 360 gamerpics.

https://twitter.com/neonepiphany/status/1440430614671347714?s=21

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Did they ever release that change allowing people to dim the light on the controller?

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Zerot posted:

Xbox is now testing allowing Xbox One and Series users to revert back to their Xbox 360 gamerpics.

Hilarious (and cool) that this got :fixed: due to somebody making a funny thread on Twitter (I think you have to go to Twitter to see the full thread/comments): https://twitter.com/noukon/status/1428469278068539394

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That was a cool thread but I wanted more technical details. How was it ever so slightly rotating!?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Played crown trick and had a great run to the first chapter boss, based on an excellent rifle and perks proccing its effects. Said boss has an aura making them immune to all ranged attacks.

Well gently caress this game then, I guess.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Zerot posted:

The craziest thing about this is a later post in her Twitter thread.

https://twitter.com/neonepiphany/status/1440431861231091717?s=21

The fact that changes you make on 360 will carry over is a testament to designing an online service well.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah, agreed.

Can't wait to go back to my picture of a busty Kelly Brook that I got somewhere in like 2006 and never changed.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

elf help book posted:

Did they ever release that change allowing people to dim the light on the controller?
Every time there's an update I excitedly dig into the controller settings and get bummed out that it's not in there. Such a simple, obvious quality of life feature that should have been standard back when the One and PS4 first came out.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can’t you uploaded any picture you want now anyway? I put up a picture of Magnet Man and it got approved so I assume you can put Mayor McCheese up if you want without using low res 360 pics

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I made my gamerpic mega man after playing mega man 9 on 360 and he is now a tiny mega man. I would be very happy if he regained his appropriate size on series x.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

hatty posted:

Can’t you uploaded any picture you want now anyway? I put up a picture of Magnet Man and it got approved so I assume you can put Mayor McCheese up if you want without using low res 360 pics
It's not the saaaame

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

For those who don't follow the Halo Infinite thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hvv5BuXcqs

Plenty of updates along with a look at a new Arena map, some Big Team Battle gameplay and a cinematic for the multiplayer story. Looks like 343 have taken a very hard turn back to classic Halo both in gameplay (even with the expanded sandbox of toys) and aesthetic which I think fans of older entries will like a lot.

Also for anyone who's weary or not so sure, this will be released for free in December. The singleplayer portion of Halo Infinite will be for sale (probably on Gamepass too?) but the multiplayer component of the game is completely free to play.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When is the free client on steam? Same day as win10?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Don't have a clue, but I'm guessing it would be a simultaneous launch?

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Real hurthling! posted:

When is the free client on steam? Same day as win10?

day and date with everything else
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1240440/Halo_Infinite/

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Noice

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I made myself so tiny in Superliminal that the game crashed lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

hatty posted:

I've had this Galaxian Flagship as my GamerPic™ since probably 2006, and I'll be damned if I give it up now and let The UI Engineers win.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

Superlarrysim

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

elf help book posted:

lol

I found it a lot easier to accidentally make myself super tiny than getting myself not tiny again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

with the multiplayer being free and gamepass existing, actually buying halo infinite for full price seems like the worst deal ever

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
we still have no clue if forge or firefight will be f2p too so players who want the whole package might get their moneys worth

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I know I just posted this like 3 posts ago but it's insane to me that there are people out there with an Xbox who don't just have GPU running full-time. Why the hell would you get an Xbox otherwise?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

I know I just posted this like 3 posts ago but it's insane to me that there are people out there with an Xbox who don't just have GPU running full-time. Why the hell would you get an Xbox otherwise?

You bought the Microsoft Flight Simulator TV Device and don't see why you'd pay for any other non plane addon

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

with the multiplayer being free and gamepass existing, actually buying halo infinite for full price seems like the worst deal ever

Somebody’s gonna want the wearable master chief helmet or whatever bric-a-brac I assume the collector’s edition will ship with. I’m also assuming this SKU exists in the first place mind you.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Since the demo Sable fixed the mission tracker updating bugs. They did not fix the horrid idea to run the main character at 24fps while everything else is at 60fps. They also didn't fix that the stamina gauge drains non linearly, the map tagging tool is basically useless, and the game constantly non-stop microfreezes.

Thats said, its a massively better game than Breath of the Wild and does everything that game wanted, but better and without useless time wasting combat.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
The combat in BoTW wasn’t perfect by any means, but all video games are a waste of time

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Magic Mango posted:

The combat in BoTW wasn’t perfect by any means, but all video games are a waste of time

I’ll have you know that the Ubisoft X United States Department of Defense drop “America’s Army: Rise of a Soldier” was very useful in preparing a generation to stomp around in the desert for 20 years. Which I guess comes full circle to them being wastes of time.

I can’t criticize too harshly though, because I played the hell out of it.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Medieval Dynasty also left gamepreview and hit 1.0 today. I've been meaning to try that.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

American McGay posted:

i don't play online and i don't like most games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I have GPU but honestly, with the backlog of games sitting here that aren’t on GamePass, I’d be just fine without it. Arguably better off, because I’d finally get around to playing them. :shrug: